princess

Julia Roberts

Why do celebs insist on giving their kids weird names? It's hard enough being a kid. It's more hard being the kid of a celeb. So add a strange name to the mix - Phinnaeus? Like Phinnaeus Fog in Around the World in 80 Days? What is she thinking?I hope the kids are okay - they should be in icu for a while if they were that premature I would think.

What names :huh:Well it's good that the publicist made the statement they are doing good. Hope they get to come home for Christmas :)

Julia's Double Delivery

EOnline.com

by Marcus Errico

Nov 28, 2004, 6:35 PM PT

Julia Roberts has just doubled her pleasure.

The Pretty Woman gave birth to twins early Sunday in a Los Angeles-area hospital, her publicist confirmed. The fraternal twosome--a girl named Hazel Patricia Moder and a boy named Phinnaeus Walter Moder--are the first children for Roberts, 37, and her husband, cinematographer Danny Moder, 35.

The Oscar-winning actress had been confined to bed rest since experiencing early contractions last month, and she wound up delivering the duo about a month ahead of schedule. But Roberts rep, Marcy Engelman, tells the Associated Press that "mother and babies are doing great."

No further details were released on the tykes, but, according to People magazine, the twins made their debut around 3 a.m.

Roberts' hospitalization and subsequent bed rest have curtailed her promotional efforts for her two new movies. She costars with Jude Law, Natalie Portman and Clive Owen in Mike Nichols' spouse-swapping drama Closer, which opens Dec. 3; and, a week later, she reteams with George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon in Steven Soderbergh's caper sequel, Ocean's Twelve.

Roberts, who divides her time among homes in Los Angeles, New York and Taos, New Mexico, has said that she plans on taking some postpartum down time from her show-biz career before reuniting with Nichols for a romantic comedy called Seven-Year Switch.

The actress, who got her Academy Award for Erin Brockovich, met Moder on the set of The Mexican in 2000. They tied the knot in a small ceremony on her New Mexico ranch on July 4, 2002.

It was the second marriage for both. Roberts spent 21 months hitched to country crooner Lyle Lovett before they called it quits in 1995. Moder was still married to makeup artist Vera Steinberg--his wife of five years--when he began dating Roberts.

Engelman has pooh-poohed tabloid reports that the twins were conceived via in vitro fertilization. The publicist earlier told People magazine that twins run in Roberts' family, including her great-grandmother and a pair of cousins.

It is not unusual for multiple births to come early. I am glad everything seems to be OK and babies are doing well. I think Patricia is Danny's mothers name and Walter was his dad's name? I could be wrong I thought I read that somewhere. Phinnaeus Walter is just a tad over the edge. At least she didn't name it Applepie. :D

Edited by Temptrous

I wonder what they weighed? Hazel is an old old name. Very 1940's. A World War II name. Phin ? They'll probably call him Butch or Buddy. OR maybe Finn like Meadow Soprano's boyfriend! :D

I had a Finneus in my preschool classroom. I thought it was an odd name at first - but you get used to it fast. At least my Finneus had an easier spelling for it.Hazel sounds a bit like an old lady name. I'm sure everyone will get used to it fast. Apple almost sounds reasonable at this point (for a star's child).They probably didn't want to give out birth weights because I'm sure they're low. Twins early are bound to be small even when they are healthy. Maybe Julia didn't want to start anorexia rumors already in their little lives. :D

On Good Morning America they interviewed someone from People Mag, they said they confirmed a few weeks ago they were 6 pounds EACH, so guess they aren't too danerously small now. :huh:

I have a feeling her due date was earlier than January. They probably told the public January to keep the photogs from camping out on her doorstep so close to the real due date.

They probably told the public January to keep the photogs from camping out on her doorstep so close to the real due date.

If they didn't, they should have. This is why I could never be famous (among other reasons). I'm not clever enough to trick the stalkerazzi. :D

people.com

Roberts, 37, went into early labor on Nov. 28, at 36 weeks pregnant, and returned to the hospital. There, at around 3 a.m., she gave birth via C-section to a boy and a girl weighing just over 5 lbs. each ? and carrying rather curious monikers: son Phinnaeus Walter, a little-known name that harkens back to the Old Testament, and daughter Hazel Patricia, whose name has not been heard of since the days of Mildreds and Gladyses ? and a sitcom busybody played by Shirley Booth four decades ago. (The middle names come from Roberts's father, Walter, who died in 1977, and Moder's mother, Patricia, who died in 2001.)

Though the littlest Moders arrived a bit early (the average pregnancy lasts 40 weeks; for twins it lasts 37 weeks) there were no complications. According to a close source, Roberts planned to spend a couple of days at the hospital recuperating from surgery, then head home with Hazel and Finn, as his parents plan to call him, and take on what will surely prove to be her most demanding production to date: Bringing Up Babies.

Roberts Takes Her Babies Home

people.com

Julia Roberts and her baby twins have left hospital after an eight day stay while doctors tested the tots' lung development. Roberts' daughter Hazel, who, with brother Phinnaeus, was born six weeks early last month, was placed in an incubator shortly after her birth as medics kept a round-the-clock vigil on her. Doctors told the worried Pretty Woman star that Hazel was making good progress and that there should be no further "complications". An insider says, "Doctors tried to reassure Julia that the chances are good Hazel will be fine and there should be no long-term complications."

people.com

REVEALED: Five-week-old Phinnaeus Walter and Hazel Patricia Moder arrived home with Julia Roberts and their father, Danny Moder, this past Monday, PEOPLE reports in its latest issue. Hazel, who at 4 lb. 5 oz. weighed slightly less than her brother, was kept in an incubator for the first week of her life because of breathing difficulties. A family friend says Hazel Patricia is now "doing just fine."

Wow, has it really been five weeks??

Did Julia Deceive About Delivery Date?

imdb.com

New mum Julia Roberts reportedly duped the world's press with the real due date of her twins, so reporters and paparazzi wouldn't be hounding her as the delivery date approached. Australian publication Woman's Day has learned that the actress' babies were actually due on December 6- a month before Roberts said they were expected in the New Year. A friend tells the magazine, "She had fans hanging around the neighborhood and people going through her trash (when she announced she was pregnant). Julia felt that if she let everyone, including many of her friends, believe that the babies were due in January, that's when the attention on her would be at its greatest. She never actually lied about the due date of her twins - newspapers just assumed it was January and she let them make that assumption."

I suspected this all along. There's no way that twin babies born one-month premature would weigh 5 pounds or over. That's what I weighed and I was not a twin and on time. They all lie about their due date: Gwenyth, Debra Messing, etc.

PLAYBOY POSING HOLLYWOOD

December 21, 2004

National Enquirer Online

Playboy execs are THRILLED with Denise Richards' nude layout - me, too! - and believe they're on top of a hot new trend . . . naked celebrity moms! Their first offer of $1 million went to Julia Roberts, who turned them down flat . . . and that is NOT a sly bosom reference, Dirty Minds!

Julia Roberts Buys Donald Rumsfeld's Land

Thursday Jan 06, 2005 5:00pm EST

By Michael Haederle and Inez Russell

people.com

Just weeks after giving birth to twins, Julia Roberts bought herself a Christmas present: 32 acres of prime real estate in Taos, N.Mex. ? from Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.

Roberts, 37, has been buying up land from neighbors since she took up part-time residence in the state in July 1995. Her latest purchase is adjacent to 80 acres she already owns.

According to a warranty deed filed with the Taos County Clerk's office on Dec. 15, Julia's Astral Trust ? the entity that holds her real estate properties ? bought seven tracts from Rumsfeld in an area of Taos County known as Des Montes. Rumsfeld has extensive real estate holdings in the Taos area, including several houses.

Although New Mexico public property records don't show the value of real estate transactions, real estate prices in the Des Montes area range from $110,000 to $125,000 an acre, according to Taos-area realtor, Peter Lora. That would make the Roberts-Rumsfeld property transaction worth several million dollars.

Meanwhile, Roberts and husband Danny Moder, 35, were in Taos over the holidays with their new twins, Hazel Patricia and Phinnaeus Walter Moder.

When Roberts and Moder were wed in July 2002, Rumsfeld told PEOPLE he and the movie star had "visited" and he wished the newlyweds well. According to the county clerk's office, Roberts and Moder are both registered to vote in Taos County ? as Democrats.

What is she planning on doing with all this land?!?!?! :huh:

Posted Image

With help from a nanny, Julia Roberts takes her 2-month-old twins Hazel and Phinnaeus into town recently in Taos, N.M. Husband Danny Moder went along for the trip out, and another assistant carried the second baby (inset).