princess

Julia Roberts

I think she looks pretty good for her age. I just wonder who the sources are that are saying the marriage is kaput. I'm not buying it just yet. But I do agree with all sentiments about her having taken someone else's husband and then using poor/lousy judgement in wearing that shirt.

Posted Image

Julia Roberts pushes a stroller built for two – twins Hazel and Phinnaeus – near her Venice, Calif., home Wednesday. The babies, whose dad is Roberts's husband, Danny Moder, will celebrate their first birthday on Nov. 28.

I agree. I think she's looking terrific for an "older" mother with twins. But remember, she's comparing herself with other Hollywood moms like Denise Richards who bounced back into a size 2 or something just weeks after giving birth. I can only imagine how hard that industry must be on a person's self esteem!

(NYDailynews.com)Roberts Tops List of High-Paid Actresses LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Julia Roberts may be a wife and mother, but she still brings home the bacon - to the tune of $20 million per movie.The 38-year-old star tops The Hollywood Reporter's annual list of the highest-paid actresses for the second straight year.Nicole Kidman is second, with a $16 million to $17 million per-film price tag, followed by "Walk the Line" star Reese Witherspoon and actress-producer Drew Barrymore, who each command $15 million per project.Renee Zellweger, Angelina Jolie and Cameron Diaz each have a $10 million to $15 million asking price, followed by Jodie Foster ($10 million to $12 million), Charlize Theron ($10 million) and Jennifer Aniston ($9 million)."These are bankable women," said Bob Dowling, editor and publisher of The Hollywood Reporter, which has compiled the highest-paid actresses list for four years. "They represent something quite positive and they're being paid for it."Even actresses who dropped off this year's list - including Halle Berry, Sandra Bullock and Jennifer Lopez - earn salaries comparable to male actors, Dowling said.The "biggest surprise" is Julia Roberts, who retained the top spot after taking time off following the birth of her twins, Hazel and Phinnaeus, last year, he said.The list, which was released Wednesday on The Hollywood Reporter's Web site, will appear in its Women in Entertainment Power 100 issue on Dec. 6.

EOnline.comFACE FIRST: Meanwhile, Roberts selected as the face of fashion label Gianfranco Ferré for a new print campaign which launches in January 2006, Us Weekly reports.

(IMDB.COM)Rudd and Cooper Join Roberts on Broadway Actors Paul Rudd and Bradley Cooper have signed up to join Julia Roberts on the New York stage in the revival of Richard Greenberg's Three Days Of Rain. The play, which will mark Roberts' Broadway debut, will begin previews on March 28 and open on April 19 at New York City's Bernard B Jacobs Theatre. The limited run ends on June 18.

Posted Image

Julia Roberts pushes a stroller built for two – twins Hazel and Phinnaeus – near her Venice, Calif., home Wednesday. The babies, whose dad is Roberts's husband, Danny Moder, will celebrate their first birthday on Nov. 28.

She looks awful.

Josie & the City

It would appear Julia Roberts and her husband of three and a half years are getting a divorce. When Julia and Danny Moder first met each other Danny was married. Before long he left his wife for Julia, and once he did she sort of lost interest. She pursued him relentlessly up until then, but once the chase was over, Julia became indifferent. They did of course end up getting married, and then had twins, but now Julia is packing up her things and moving away. She’s going to New York to do Broadway for the first time. She’s committed for six months. Danny asked if he could come along and Julia said no. She told him he had to stay to renovate the new Malibu home she bought. She does plan on taking the children and several nannies with her. Some are calling this six months a trial separation.

Posted Image

She looks great here. She needs to bag the bag lady look and start dressing like this more often.

FACE OF HOLLYWOOD She's hardly strapped for cash, but now Julia Roberts will even more money to splash around this Christmas after landing an international modelling contract with Italian designer Gianfranco Ferre. Mario Testino will shoot the campaign in Los Angeles and the ads will run worldwide, with the notable exception of America. "I think the time for muses has come and gone," said Ferre, who has preferred to use anonymous models in the past for his ad campaigns. "My source of inspiration is modern-day reality, women who live in today's world. Yet there are some who better than others match my own purely personal ideal of femininity. In the now so multifaceted realm of glamour and allure, both as a woman and as a personality, Julia Roberts in my eyes reflects a total affinity with this ideal of mine." (15 December, 2005, 2:30PM) SOURCE: PEOPLE

If Julia lost interest in Danny Moder after catching him, he has no one to blame but himself, he shouldn't have dumped his wife for her. :D I wonder if they signed a pre-nup? So, Julia is into Broadway & modelling now, it will be interesting to see where that goes.

Edited by WiLdFiRe

EOnline.comPRETTY WOMAN RETURNS! After taking time out to play mommy, Julia Roberts set to make her first public appearance Monday night at the Broadcast Film Critics Association's Critics' Choice Awards, where she'll present a special award to her Ocean's Eleven co-star George Clooney.

She & George sure do get along really well. I wonder if they ever dated? She was there with her husband Danny so they're atleast keeping up public appearances.

Rumor always was Julia slept with George during the filming of one of their movies together and that's why she and Benjamin Bratt broke up.

Interesting little background description for anyone who's interested:nndb.comAs a child, she was Julie Roberts, mocked for her string-bean physique, thick glasses, and toothy grin. Her parents divorced when she was in kindergarten, and her father died when she was 10. In adolescence she switched to contact lenses and bloomed to beautiful, and to match her new look she asked friends to call her "Julia" instead of "Julie."After high school, she moved to New York and spent a few years modeling, selling shoes, and working at an ice cream stand. At 19, she landed her first film role, a tiny part in a raunchy R-rated comedy of sexual harassment, Firehouse. At 20, she played bass and sang back-up behind Justine Bateman in Satisfaction, a barely watchable comedy about a big-hair all-girl rock'n'roll cover band. Her first film worth remembering was Mystic Pizza, a comedic slice of girls' life about three teens working at a small-town pizza parlor.The next year, she played the doomed bride Shelby in Steel Magnolias, opposite Oscar-winners Shirley MacLaine, Sally Field, and Olympia Dukakis. She was nominated for Best Supporting Actress, and suddenly became Hollywood's new "It" girl.In 1990's Pretty Woman, she played a Disneyfied prostitute, falling for lovable john Richard Gere. The film was a shallow, predictable, utterly unbelievable fairy tale that managed to earn $178-million in America, and established Roberts as a major star.Her other films include the all-star Ocean's Eleven and Ocean's Twelve with George Clooney, Conspiracy Theory with Mel Gibson, Closer with Clive Owen, Notting Hill with Hugh Grant, and Erin Brockovich with Albert Finney. She was reportedly paid $20-million for Brockovich, making Roberts the highest-paid female film starlet of all time.Perhaps still a little short on cash, she began doing voiceovers for America Online in 2005, intoning: "You're not as protected as you think you are."For years, she was quiet about politics, but Roberts began speaking out after the Bush administration came to power in 2001. She has described Bush as "embarrassing", and said, "He's not my president. He will never be my president."Roberts has had a wild romantic life. She broke an engagement to Kiefer Sutherland, calling off the wedding mere days before the scheduled ceremony in 1991, when she heard that Sutherland had been unfaithful to her. She was whispered to have had a nervous breakdown in the aftermath, and ended up in the arms of actor Jason Patric. She was married to the goofy-looking singer Lyle Lovett for two years, and spent three years on the arm of actor Benjamin Bratt. She is now married to a camera operator.She won a landmark ruling against cybersquatters at juliaroberts.com, establishing that her fame was so great that she owned the "trademark rights" to her name, despite never having registered her name as a trademark. Possession of juliaroberts.com was turned over to Roberts, who still owns the domain but does not operate a website.Roberts was Oscar-nominated as Best Leading Actress for Pretty Woman, and won the honor for Erin Brockovich. She is booked to appear on Broadway in a 2006 production of Three Days of Rain, and she has recorded voice work for two upcoming cartoons, Charlotte's Web and Ant Bully. There are rumors that she may retire from Hollywood to raise her twins, born in 2004.Her brother Eric Roberts was a somewhat successful movie star of the 1980s and '90s, co-starring in the sitcom Less Than Perfect. The siblings have never been close, because, as Eric has explained, "I did drugs for about ten years of my life and I ruined every relationship I ever had."Eric's daughter and Julia's niece, Emma Roberts, stars in the Nickelodeon sitcom Unfabulous.

She makes 20 million a picture, has had a long & successful career & yet she seems to be feeling the same pressure as all the young females to stay anorexic looking. :ph34r:

popbitch.com

Oprah Winfrey has been overheard telling friends

that Julie Roberts will use her three-month

Broadway appearance to split with Danny Moder.

popbitch.com

Is anyone at all surprised? :rolleyes:

popbitch.com

That's interesting. Not that I'm surprised.

But wouldn't her first run on Broadway be filled with pressure? Would she want the extra attention during that time? OR.... is she waiting because she'd get the extra attention and maybe fill more seats?

I told ya - I'm the resident cynic. ;)

But wouldn't her first run on Broadway be filled with pressure?  Would she want the extra attention during that time?  OR.... is she waiting because she'd get the extra attention and maybe fill more seats? 

I told ya - I'm the resident cynic.  ;)

No need to be cynical - a coincidence like that is probable. Rehearsing for something like that creates a strain on every relationship... How about using the extra attention to distract from a possibly second rate performance and not so glorious reviews? Many Hollywood people who have tried Broadway failed resoundingly. Didn't hurt the box office though in most cases because the majority of tickets were sold in advance.

Many Hollywood people who have tried Broadway failed resoundingly. Didn't hurt the box office though in most cases because the majority of tickets were sold in advance.

Well, she's already sold $7 million in tickets, check it out.