princess

Things that make you say "Hummm....."

10 hours ago, Jerrica Benton said:

I kinda believe that Lori and her husband are in denial. They're being cocky by refusing a deal. 

They were beyond cocky in doing what they did in the first place.

I have to wonder about the guy who designed this scheme and took the money getting his own deal.  How did he even know how to contact these parents?

As much as the parents are to blame for taking the money, I wonder about the message the parents sent to their kids:  Gee honey, the only way you will get into Harvard is if I pay a shitload of money to a grifter to cheat your way in."  I am not sure whether or not that is a boatload of baggage to carry around or a matter of self-entitlement that comes with being a child of parents with more money then they know what to do with.

Having said all of that, there is something to be said for finding that their biggest mistake was not funding a building or scholarship to get their kid into school.  Not that I don't think it sends the same message, but (unfortunately) it is legal.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tyler said:

How did he even know how to contact these parents?

Well, he ran a consulting service to get kids into college. THEY found him - it's a HUGE and lucrative market ? I'm sure there were parents he helped legally along the way. But for certain parents, additional $$$ services were offered.....

3 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Well, he ran a consulting service to get kids into college. THEY found him - it's a HUGE and lucrative market ? I'm sure there were parents he helped legally along the way. But for certain parents, additional $$$ services were offered.....

Wow, I must be sheltered.  It never would have occurred to me to check consulting for "how to get into college by cheating" services.  :D :rolleyes: I could have saved my daughter so much heartache in getting into law school the old fashioned way -- she earned it and is in hock to her eyeballs.  (Like mother, like daughter) :D

I think the legitimate services offered were SAT prep, application assistance, probably a year or two in advance, looking over resumes and recommending more activities etc. That's what legitimate companies do for most people who can afford those services and I do believe that Wilson offered LEGAL assistance as well as the ILLEGAL options. I imagine that this guy came highly recommended from people in their circles and there was some sort of word of mouth that perhaps you could get a little more if you were willing to shell out for it. Much as back in the day, friends could recommend a doctor who would give you a hysterectomy if you were Catholic while you were undergoing surgery for something else when you were done having kids. Or even back in the 80s you could get a prescription for the Pill for your "acne". You ask around.....

Apparently I've grown up around some sketchy rich people because I'm not shocked at all and I have a pretty dang good idea how and where it happens....

• Like 2

What I would like to know is where the daughter of that Felicity lady stands on the matter. One of Lori's kids wants nothing more to do with her parents and the other is standing with them which I guess I can understand. Lori and her husband have most definitely shown how far they are willing to go for their kids and so their oldest has decided to show the appreciation for it.

God bless you and the kids always!!!

Holly

Felicity’s daughter is probably just laying low.

Olivia Jade knew exactly how she got into school.  She wanted to be popular and loved the idea of being famous for being famous.  She went along with what she needed to make that happen.    Now she is infamous and realizing that she may never be the pretty popular girl again.    She thinks she can only stay relavent if she comes out against her parents.  However, she is so self absorbed and vapid that she has no idea how to say the right thing and keeps digging her hole deeper.

I think she would have been better trying to relate to the people that follow (ed) her.   Go into how hard it was to do well in High School and although she is grateful for what her parents tried to do she realizes it was not fair to anyone else.   She regrets their actions, but they are still her parents and she will always love them. 

If she was a regular student like her sister and not in the limelight, I am sure she would not have come out against them. 

If you cannot tell - I have no sympathy or love lost for that child?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, James Otto Sweet Heart said:

What I would like to know is where the daughter of that Felicity lady stands on the matter. One of Lori's kids wants nothing more to do with her parents and the other is standing with them which I guess I can understand. Lori and her husband have most definitely shown how far they are willing to go for their kids and so their oldest has decided to show the appreciation for it.

God bless you and the kids always!!!

Holly

I find the "outrage" of Lori's daughter(s) to be hypocritical if not down right comical -- These kids knew what was going on - they knew whether or not they had the credentials and/or GPA to get into a Ivy League school. 

If you are going to bless the kids, bless the parents as well -- They are going to need it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^^^ For me to show such a respect towards another person, I have to have a better idea of what that person's attitude is and so far the only thing that Lori and her husband have done is dig their holes deeper by not bringing an end to their illegal activity sooner. As of right now, they have done nothing but act like nothing can be done to them in return for what they went and did first. Why should anyone who thinks that they are above the law deserve a blessing if they are going to have such a frame of mind? Yes, like Lori's co-star Candace Cameron Bure said, we are to forgive people and pray for them, but I don't believe that enabling bad behavior is supposed to be a part of the package.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. And yes I am well aware that my saying God bless you always at all doesn't make that much of a difference in the grand scheme if any. I am not the narcissistic person that I might come across as. I just put out such a message closing anyway because of our being surrounded by so much bad in the first place. No one knows what is or isn't in front of them until it does or doesn't happen and when something bad does happen, I am not one to wish that more bad happens especially if what already took place wasn't deserved to begin with. The recent shooting at a Waffle House in Florida is a perfect example of that...may the Lord have in mind a special plan for the shooter's kind.

Edited by James Otto Sweet Heart
  • Sad 1

The latest word is that Lori is pleading not guilty. If she gets away with what she is guilty of, she is done where Hollywood is concerned. She won't even be able to get work in the commercial doing field.

God bless you and her kids always!!!

Holly

Edited by James Otto Sweet Heart

3 hours ago, James Otto Sweet Heart said:

The latest word is that Lori is pleading not guilty. If she gets away with what she is guilty of, she is done where Hollywood is concerned. She won't even be able to get work in the commercial doing field.

God bless you and her kids always!!!

Holly

She won't get work now -- and an indictment does not mean guilt.  That's why people are allowed to plead non-guilty  (remember our country operates on a presumption of innocence) and go trial and be judged by people who have actually seen the evidence.  There are plenty of cases where people were indicted and found not guilty.

FYI -- this is very early in the game and there is a lot of this story that has yet to be played out.  Do I think she is guilty based on what I have seen?  Yes, but then on the other hand, I have not seen her defense.

Also, as a matter of indicting people on conspiracy, etc. those kids should be indicted.  They knew and participated and are just as guilty of fraud.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tyler said:

Also, as a matter of indicting people on conspiracy, etc. those kids should be indicted.  They knew and participated and are just as guilty of fraud.

I wonder if the kids can be indicted if they were underage at the time of their participation - and I honestly don't know or care to Google whether they were or not.  That's about the only way I can see them avoiding any legal consequences.  The older daughter is laying low so I will begrudgingly give her credit for that.

I suspect that the only reason Lori and Mossimo entered a plea now is because they finally realized that the folks who initially pleaded out got reduced sentences and those that didn't would get the full wrath of the law.  Their motives are far from pure here. 

They whole lot of them deserve everything that the courts of law and public opinion are throwing their way.

• Like 1

Not putting this in the RIP thread, cause he was a human turd, but Jeffrey Epstein apparently took his life this morning.

Definitely convenient for those he'd implicate.

• Thanks 3

Now, if anyone wants to float any conspiracy theories about this one, murdered or forced to kill himself to protect the more powerful, they would be highly believable. This is one is most foul.

• Thanks 1

TMZ

[I took bits of the story to post below]

10:36 AM PT -- A federal law enforcement source tells TMZ ... Epstein was off suicide watch at the time he hanged himself. The source would not comment on why prison officials would remove Epstein from suicide watch given that they believed he may have attempted suicide days earlier

9:44 AM PT -- Attorney General William Barr just weighed in on Epstein's suicide, saying, "Mr. Epstein's death raises serious questions that must be answered. In addition to the FBI's investigation, I have consulted with the Inspector General who is opening an investigation into the circumstances of Mr. Epstein's death."

There was a big development in the scandal Friday when legal docs became public, naming other prominent, private and public, individuals, including a senator and former cabinet member who were allegedly involved in Epstein's sexual exploits. Those people have denied involvement.

Epstein was awaiting trial on charges of conspiracy and sex trafficking. Some of his alleged victims were as young as 14. The alleged abuse occurred between 2002 and 2005. The site of the alleged abuse was Epstein's swanky Upper East Side townhouse, as well as his Palm Beach waterfront mansion.

His charges held a possible sentence of 45 years behind bars.

Epstein, a Wall Street investor, had rich and powerful friends, including Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, Prince Andrew, Kevin Spacey and many others.

Epstein took what became a hugely controversial plea deal back in 2008 in Florida. He pled guilty to prostitution-related felonies involving a 14-year-old girl and received an 18-month sentence and served 13 months. As you know, former labor Secretary Alexander Acosta resigned last month over the plea. He was U.S. Attorney of the Southern District of Florida at the time and accepted the plea deal.

Epstein was taken into custody July 6 and denied bail.

Epstein was 66.

• Thanks 1

I have some hard core republican family members.  They are already blaming the Clintons for this.  With such a long list to pick from on if it was murder and not suicide, love there is no debate in their heads.  The liberals did it for sure and Jeffrey was framed. :rolleyes: 

• Confused 1

If the truth comes out, it's going to be a blood bath - royals, politicians, celebs, business tycoons.  Whoever is guilty, I hope they burn. 

• Like 2

It's horrible and I am totally buying in to various conspiracy theories, but there have been some tweets today that are cracking me up. My faves so far.....

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Haha 2

On 8/10/2019 at 11:26 AM, princess said:

If the truth comes out, it's going to be a blood bath - royals, politicians, celebs, business tycoons.  Whoever is guilty, I hope they burn. 

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 08/15 **#14**
Mystery: I know usually, the items that appear in this space are longer, but this one is juicy enough to make it to the spot. A long time spy who lives here in LA is on vacation outside the country. Well, technically she is yachting on an actual yacht. Imagine her surprise when last night she was at a party at a restaurant located at a marina and a door to a private room opened. She knew two people who walked out of the room and it is a couple who are royal. She caught a glimpse of some others in the room. Being the great spy she is, she asked a waiter about the party going on in the private room. The waiter said it wasn't a party, but rather some kind of business meeting. The waiter had also recognized the royal couple and one other person. He told the name to the spy who had no idea who it was, but Googled the name and low and behold that name is mentioned extensively in the case of the billionaire pedophile. It sounds like it was a meeting of the guilty and working out next moves.

TMZ

Two days before he died, Jeffrey Epstein made sure his affairs were in order -- signing a will that lays out where he's putting $577 million, and who's calling the shots.

Epstein signed his will on August 8 -- 2 days before his body was discovered at Manhattan's Metropolitan Correctional Center -- and the doc was filed last week in the U.S. Virgin Islands ... where the ex-hedge fund manager owned 2 islands worth tens of millions.

The eerie timing aside ... Epstein's will lays out the total amount he's dumping into a trust ... a whopping $577,672,654. Keep in mind, the trust might already have even more cash in there -- we just don't know as the trust docs aren't public.

As for who stands to inherit that massive fortune -- there are no beneficiaries listed. Although, he does list "next of kin" as his brother, Mark Epstein ... but that doesn't guarantee he's inheriting anything. Again, the trust would spell that out.

The docs, first posted by the New York Post, say his executors are Darren Indyke and Richard Kahn ... each of whom will get $250k for carrying out Epstein's final wishes.

Here's a quick breakdown of Epstein's assets, per the will. $56 million-plus in cash, a little over $14 mil in fixed income, nearly $113 mil in equities, about $195 mil in hedge funds and private equity ... not to mention 6 properties/estates worth well over $178 million.

• Thanks 1

The docs, first posted by the New York Post, say his executors are Darren Indyke and Richard Kahn ... each of whom will get $250k for carrying out Epstein's final wishes.

Pretty small fee considering the size of the estate -- here in California, executors get a percentage based on the size of the estate.

I am betting everything is held by a receiver until the lawsuits against his estate play out.

• Like 4

On 8/17/2019 at 3:15 AM, princess said:

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 08/15 **#14**
Mystery: I know usually, the items that appear in this space are longer, but this one is juicy enough to make it to the spot. A long time spy who lives here in LA is on vacation outside the country. Well, technically she is yachting on an actual yacht. Imagine her surprise when last night she was at a party at a restaurant located at a marina and a door to a private room opened. She knew two people who walked out of the room and it is a couple who are royal. She caught a glimpse of some others in the room. Being the great spy she is, she asked a waiter about the party going on in the private room. The waiter said it wasn't a party, but rather some kind of business meeting. The waiter had also recognized the royal couple and one other person. He told the name to the spy who had no idea who it was, but Googled the name and low and behold that name is mentioned extensively in the case of the billionaire pedophile. It sounds like it was a meeting of the guilty and working out next moves.

Prince Andrew and Fergie ran off to some Spanish resort, right? Marbella maybe? Sorry, I've been offline and on vacation a week so not paying close attention....

• Like 1