princess

Things that make you say "Hummm....."

More from TMZ, this is going to be a blood bath for the others!!

3:18 PM PT -- The judge in the case said some revealing things that could determine what happens to Lori Loughlin and others. The judge gave credit to Felicity for 2 reasons -- she had "near immediate acceptance of responsibility" for her crime, and she paid one of the smallest bribes.  

The judge also questioned prosecutors, who made it clear they wanted to scare the crap out of other parents who might be thinking about doing the same thing. The judge said, "I have trouble with the notion of general deterrence. It doesn't make sense to me."

And, this is fascinating. The judge said she was not swayed by prosecutors claiming the bribery scheme undermined the entire college admissions process, adding, it "has cracks in it with or without what these defendants have done."

• Haha 1

2nd parent in college scandal gets prison time — what this means for Lori Loughlin

A businessman was sentenced to four months in prison after pleading guilty in the widespread college admissions scandal, which a legal expert said could mean trouble for Lori Loughlin.

...The judge said Huffman's lenient sentence came because she paid the smallest bribe out of the parents charged, quickly admitted guilt, and didn't involve her daughter in the scheme.
  • Thanks 1

NYC beverage bigwig and wife each get month in jail for college admission scam

https://nypost.com/2019/10/08/nyc-beverage-bigwig-and-wife-each-get-month-in-jail-for-college-admission-scam/

Lori Loughlin may face harsher sentence than Felicity Huffman: US attorney

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/08/lori-loughlin-may-face-harsher-sentence-than-felicity-huffman-us-attorney/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, princess said:

Lori Loughlin may face harsher sentence than Felicity Huffman: US attorney

I don't understand why the headlines keep saying this. Because NO SHIT. First, the judge already said Huffman's sentence was light because she spent the least amount of money, her daughter wasn't involved, and she pleaded guilty immediately and was contrite.

Loughlin pleaded not guilty and she and her husband spent a shit ton of money AND the kids knew (or, probably did - I think it's a bit of a gray area?) They're not comparable cases. Even the charges are different, right? Loughlin had charges added once she pleaded not guilty.....

I'm a little pissed with media portrayals these days.....

I actually wonder if that's Lori's PR team trying to to soften the blow in the press?   Of course those of us following the story know she'll get way more time.

Should we be taking over/under bets on how much time Lori will get?  A year or more??

Lori Loughlin Faces New Charges ... In College Bribery Scandal

TMZ

Lori Loughlin and her husband are getting hit with even more charges in the college admissions scandal, and this time prosecutors are going after them for bribery.

The U.S. Attorney out of Boston just filed a charge called Federal Program Bribery. Translation -- prosecutors say Lori bribed officials of a university that receives federal funding.

As we reported, Lori and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, allegedly paid $500,000 to mastermind Rick Singer to get their daughters into USC, and they faked a photo making it appear their girls were adept at rowing.

The new charge carries a maximum 5-year prison sentence. They've already charged them with various other crimes that could land them in prison for 40 years.

TMZ broke the story ... the U.S. Attorney is more open than ever for a plea bargain in Lori's case, especially after Felicity Huffman got sentenced to a scant 14 days behind bars. Prosecutors know the probation department and the judge who heard Felicity's case are not sympathetic to long sentences, because in their view no one really lost anything because of the alleged parental misdeeds.

Piling on a new charge could bring Lori and Mossimo to the bargaining table. On the other hand, they have vowed to fight the charges and are preparing for trial.

PopBitch

Ed Norton is currently doing press in the UK for his new film. The first bit of guidance given to journos doing interviews with him is that they must call him "Edward". They are not allowed to call him "Ed".

Looks like he is still a tool. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

>> Thicker than blood <<

A sign of true love

PopBitch

Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina Jolie were going around creeping people out in the early 2000s by wearing vials of each other's blood around their neck. If only people knew what Kate Moss was doing at that same time.

On a fashion shoot in 2001, for which she wore her own jewellery, Kate was showing off one of her favourite pieces.

"See this necklace?" she asked people in the studio. "It's been up Johnny Depp's bum."
  • Haha 3

>> Sher-locked <<

Benny's keeping safe

Popbitch

As we're all finding out, being cooped up for days on end can cause anyone to go a little cuckoo – so it's reassuring to know that it happens to A-listers too.

While filming away from home a few years ago, Benedict Cumberbatch spent a night in his hotel getting sloshed and playing around with the valuables safe in his room. When he woke the next morning, he found that the safe was locked but had no idea what the combination was or what he had locked in there.

Panicked that it was something important, he tried to get someone from the front desk to come and unlock it for him but to no avail. As the combination is set by the guest, and the hotel staff have no way of knowing what it is, they told him they couldn't do anything for him – other than call the safe company to send someone out to manually dismantle it. Which is what they ended up doing.

And what did they find inside? A piece of gum and a receipt from the hotel bar.

:wacko:

Lori Loughlin, Mossimo Giannulli Cop Plea Deals ... In College Bribery Scandal

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/21/lori-loughlin-plead-guilty-mossimo-college-bribery-scandal-admissions-usc/

Now the sentences ... Lori has agreed to 2 months in prison and a $150,000 fine and 2 years probation. She also has to perform 250 hours of community service.

Mossimo will serve 5 months in prison with a $250,000 fine and 250 hours of community service.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, witchkitten said:

I think they copped a plea now because they know they probably won’t do any time due to COVID-19. 

My thoughts exactly!

Such bull.....   I hope the judge figures out a way to really screw them.  $450k to them is like $4500 to me.    Actually it may be more like $450.   

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 7:18 PM, Hoyaheel said:

I've sort of been following this on twitter and I think it's amazing! 

https://www.laineygossip.com/k-pop-fans-dedicate-hours-of-time-online-support-black-lives-matter/66392

I saw that on twitter too, it’s delightful to see people actively using the things that can make twitter problematic, for good.

• Like 1

We don't have an Epstein thread and I feel kind of icky making one about him. Blech. BUT Ghislaine Maxwell just arrested - hope we get some good evidence out of her!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/02/nyregion/ghislaine-maxwell-arrest-jeffrey-epstein.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20200702&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=103144298&segment_id=32452&user_id=c74ecd7115622f3fb86688eff5b110c8

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

We don't have an Epstein thread and I feel kind of icky making one about him. Blech. BUT Ghislaine Maxwell just arrested - hope we get some good evidence out of her!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/02/nyregion/ghislaine-maxwell-arrest-jeffrey-epstein.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20200702&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=103144298&segment_id=32452&user_id=c74ecd7115622f3fb86688eff5b110c8

GREAT NEWS

• Like 3