Soulpower

Trojan Virus Warning

Starting yesterday everytime i come to this site i'm getting a warning from my virus protection that this site is trying to give me a Trojan Virus.

I'm on dozens of websites daily, and this is the only site it's happening on.

Princess, any idea what's going on & can you check it out?

Wow, no idea.... Can you try deleting the cookie for fanchitchat.com and then log in again??

Is anyone else getting this?? I've seen that warning from my security software, but not for this website. Turned out it was a saved cookie....

I haven't been getting awarning, but the "back" button doesn't work on this site. I tried others including Facebook and it worked like a charm.

No warning and my back button works fine. I scanned the fanchitchat.com domain and got clean results:

Report 2012-01-23 20:29:59 (GMT 1)

Website fanchitchat.com

Domain Hash 1693d99354580dfad2fb3019880f0491

IP Address 66.39.60.106 [sCAN]

IP Hostname fanchitchat.com

IP Country US (United States)

AS Number 7859

AS Name PAIR-NETWORKS - pair Networks

Detections 0 / 21 (0 %)

Status CLEAN

No warning and my back button works fine. I scanned the fanchitchat.com domain and got clean results:

Report 2012-01-23 20:29:59 (GMT 1)

Website fanchitchat.com

Domain Hash 1693d99354580dfad2fb3019880f0491

IP Address 66.39.60.106 [sCAN]

IP Hostname fanchitchat.com

IP Country US (United States)

AS Number 7859

AS Name PAIR-NETWORKS - pair Networks

Detections 0 / 21 (0 %)

Status CLEAN

Soulpower - I'm going to suggest you hit the "Delete cookies set by this board" on the main page of the forum (it's just above where the current birthdays are listed, alined right side of screen). Then just re-log in and see if that works. ??

When I came on this time, back button worked fine - thanks for checking it Princess and Hihomumio!

Edited by branchop

Well i came back on the site today and it was fine, so i don't know what happened. I thought maybe it had something to do with all those spam posters from a few days ago.

But everything's working fine now. :4biggrin:

And good that you mentioned it to us, even if was a false alarm. We want to know about this kind of stuff :D

I got the same kind of message - when I tried to click on a topic, it directed me to different site and I also had problems navigating away from it. I did a restart, reloaded and when I clicked in at main page, I got the virus warning but no re-direct. I also ran a sweep and it came back clean -- no problems today.

FYI -- the site was in russian for whatever that is worth.

I got the same kind of message - when I tried to click on a topic, it directed me to different site and I also had problems navigating away from it. I did a restart, reloaded and when I clicked in at main page, I got the virus warning but no re-direct. I also ran a sweep and it came back clean -- no problems today.

FYI -- the site was in russian for whatever that is worth.

Did you try clicking the "Delete cookies set by this board" on the main board page too?? Still getting odd stuff even after that??

Nope -- just backed out of internet; when I tried to get back on at the home page thats when I got the virus warning.

back out again -- did virus search which came back clean.

Stayed away from the board (just in case) and then came back this morning with no problems.

I couldn't even log into soulpower's post about the virus yesteday - kind of chicken to actually -- I am at work and I was afraid of taking down the network/server. :shocked: but it seems to be all better.

I got the same warning the past two days. It said Fanchitchat had malware on it from a website originating in Russia. I don't remember the site other than it had the .ru at the end of it.

However, much to my glee, I didn't get the warning today!

Someone was kind enough to send me a screen capture of the warning. I think what's happening is the virus software is checking a cached version of fanchitchat.com with those crap spam posts we were getting. The posts had a URL to a spam/malware websites (which we all knew, lol!!) so your virus software is telling you not to click on those links.

I am again going to suggest you hit the "Delete cookies set by this board" on the main board page. That will remove the cached versions of this website on your computer. Then the notices by your virus software should stop.

Well, here is what I had posted on the main www.fanchitchat.com page last nite:

January 26, 2012 7:30 pm Pacific Time - Hi everyone, I know google is giving us the warning that this site may have malware. I believe this is because of the spammer posts we had last week, and google's web crawler tested us about the same time before I had a chance to delete the posts, which is why we're coming up on the "possible naughty list" now (at least we made it on the naughty list after Christmas!!). I've requested google re-check us just to be sure, hope to have this un-needed warning notice corrected in next day or two. Keep you posted....

Now this morning it looks like google re-checked us and we're fine....

Well, here is what I had posted on the main www.fanchitchat.com page last nite:

January 26, 2012 7:30 pm Pacific Time - Hi everyone, I know google is giving us the warning that this site may have malware. I believe this is because of the spammer posts we had last week, and google's web crawler tested us about the same time before I had a chance to delete the posts, which is why we're coming up on the "possible naughty list" now (at least we made it on the naughty list after Christmas!!). I've requested google re-check us just to be sure, hope to have this un-needed warning notice corrected in next day or two. Keep you posted....

Now this morning it looks like google re-checked us and we're fine....

I'm here Princess! No warning on Firefox today. Did you get the message I sent to your Facebook page last night?

I've got it via Safari, but not with Firefox:

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer

The website you are visiting appears to contain malware. Malware is malicious software that may harm your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Your computer can be infected just by browsing to a site with malware, without any further action on your part.

For detailed information about problems found on this site, or a portion of this site, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for getadobeupdates.rr.nu.

Ignore Warning Go Back

Yup, go the PMs - thanks!! I had the warning on Foxfire too last nite. Did all the hoop-jumping Google asked of me and then requested they re-checked us last nite. This morning I'm not getting any notices from google or foxfire, and when I check my request to google they say we passed the re-check. Anyone getting from Safari still?? Looking at the Safari notice above post by Serendipity, looks like Safari using google service too so google still needs to notify Safari...??

FYI, I check this site regularly using three different computers. I've ran scan on all three computers and no maleware found. Pretty sure the cached posts I already deleted are what set all the warnings off, but anyone finds anything different let me know....

Yup, go the PMs - thanks!! I had the warning on Foxfire too last nite. Did all the hoop-jumping Google asked of me and then requested they re-checked us last nite. This morning I'm not getting any notices from google or foxfire, and when I check my request to google they say we passed the re-check. Anyone getting from Safari still?? Looking at the Safari notice above post by Serendipity, looks like Safari using google service too so google still needs to notify Safari...??

FYI, I check this site regularly using three different computers. I've ran scan on all three computers and no maleware found. Pretty sure the cached posts I already deleted are what set all the warnings off, but anyone finds anything different let me know....

Yes, it still pops up on Safari.

No problems here. I did have a strange problem getting to this site when using google bookmarks, but that was a google bookmarks problem. I kept getting redirected to dollarade.com before coming here