princess

Amanda Bynes

Amanda Bynes Charged with DUI, Wants Officer Fired

By Champ Clark and Dahvi Shira

Update Wednesday June 06, 2012 12:40 PM EDT Originally posted Tuesday June 05, 2012 08:15 PM EDT

people.com

Amanda Bynes was charged on Tuesday with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs – then took her case directly to the White House.

"I don't drink," the actress, 26, said in a Tweet to the Barack Obama presidential campaign. "Please fire the cop who arrested me."

The misdemeanor charge filed Tuesday relates to her April 6 arrest, when Bynes was pulled over at 3 a.m. in West Hollywood after allegedly sideswiping a police car in her BMW when she tried to make a right turn.

The criminal complaint also alleges that Bynes refused to complete a Breathalyzer or drug test.

On Wednesday, Bynes's attorney entered a not guilty plea on her behalf. The actress was not required to appear in court.

If convicted she faces a maximum penalty as a first-time offender of 48 hours in jail, three years probation and a nine-month alcohol program. She could also lose her driver's license for a year.

This was the beginning and most serious of several other recent driving mishaps for the starlet.

About a week after her arrest, she backed over a curb while texting, right before going to a West Hollywood nightclub, and a week later was spotted holding up traffic while making a slow three-point U-turn.

So she's been involved in how many sideswipe car accidents lately, three? I love how she thinks only alcohol can mean she gets a DUI. And tweeting the President to fire the cop who's car she swiped?? :rolleyes:

So she's been involved in how many sideswipe car accidents lately, three? I love how she thinks only alcohol can mean she gets a DUI. And tweeting the President to fire the cop who's car she swiped?? :rolleyes:

No sense of entitlement there, eh?! :rolleyes:

When you think about this, its kind of sad. Pretty evident that she has gone of the deep end.

When you think about this, its kind of sad. Pretty evident that she has gone of the deep end.

My thoughts exactly.

Amanda Bynes Charged with Hit-and-Run

By Dahvi Shira

09/05/2012 at 02:30 PM EDT

people.com

Amanda Bynes's legal problems are getting worse.

The actress, 26, has been charged with two counts of hit-and-run relating to alleged incidents in April and August, a spokesperson for the L.A. City Attorney's Office tells PEOPLE.

Bynes faces up to one year in jail if convicted on both of the misdemeanor counts.

Her arraignment is scheduled at a Van Nuys, Calif., courthouse on Sept. 27. Her attorney did not immediately return a request for comment.

This is her second round of charges.

In June, Bynes was charged with driving under the influence after an April 6 arrest in West Hollywood.

"I don't drink," she wrote at the time in a Tweet to the Barack Obama presidential campaign. "Please fire the cop who arrested me."

"I don't drink," she wrote at the time in a Tweet to the Barack Obama presidential campaign. "Please fire the cop who arrested me."

DUI does not stand for alcohol. You can be "under the influence" of other substances my dear :D

Posted Image

Amanda Bynes

Smokin' From Drug Pipe

Driving Illegally

Amanda Bynes was driving aimlessly for hours Tuesday ... while smoking out of what appears to be a marijuana pipe and tooling around L.A. on a suspended license.

The photos -- obtained by TMZ -- show Bynes taking multiple hits out of a pipe that is designed to look like a cigarette lighter in your car.

Posted Image

In one shot, you see what appears to be remnants of marijuana in a cup holder. Some of the nugs appear burnt -- as if they had already been smoked.

Posted Image

The car is a mess. Trash is strewn everywhere. There are stains on the seat, empty bottles, dog hair and various other items.

Amanda started her journey at Baja Fresh in the San Fernando Valley, where she smoked from the pipe in the restaurant parking lot and ate tacos. She then went to a spa, where she spent 3 hours. We're told Amanda then drove without purpose for several hours, sometimes cutting off other drivers and violating various traffic laws. Amanda ended up at Home Depot, where she again took a hit from the pipe in the parking lot.

TMZ has confirmed ... Amanda is driving illegally, because the DMV suspended her license on August 25. As for why her license was yanked, we believe it's because she refused to take a sobriety test when she was busted for DUI in April. In California, such refusal results in automatic license suspension.

TMZ broke the story ... Amanda has been charged with 2 hit-and-runs and various drivers have complained that she has either hit them as well or created peril.

TMZ

Cops are alarmed by the pics we posted today showing Amanda Bynes behind the wheel and smoking what appears to be pot -- and several patrol officers tell us they're now on alert because they fear her driving habits have turned deadly.

The officers we spoke with -- who don't want to be named -- say the pics explain a lot about Amanda's alleged hit-and-runs. One cop with many years of experience as a patrol officer tells TMZ, "She's on the same road as my wife and kids and I'm scared about getting a call in the middle of the night that my little one is dead."

The cop added, "She's addicted to something and she's driving a deadly weapon and is going to kill someone. It scares the s**t out of me."

Another cop said, "The public should be afraid of her. From looking at the photos, and what she's smoking, she has no sense of reality. If she's not stopped she's gonna kill someone."

Another said, "She is going down a road that she cannot come back from when she injures or kills someone. The photos don't surprise me at all."

A veteran motor cop says on a scale of 1 to 10 -- 10 being extremely dangerous -- Amanda is easily a 10.

Amanda Bynes Ordered by Judge Not to Drive

By Dahvi Shira

09/13/2012 at 05:25 PM EDT

people.com

Amanda Bynes has officially been asked to put away her car keys.

The starlet, 26, was ordered by L.A. Superior Court Judge Marsha Revel not to drive without a valid driver's license, PEOPLE confirms.

Bynes lost her driving privileges while facing a DUI charge and two counts of hit-and-run, according to the Los Angeles Times.

On Sunday, the former child star was stopped by police officers in L.A. when her headlights weren't on, but she was not asked to show her license, according to the Times, noting that police are not required to ask for a license in all instances.

At a hearing Wednesday before Revel – who had presided over some of Lindsay Lohan's legal problems – the District Attorney's Office asked the judge to address the issue of Bynes's driver's license.

Bynes's attorney Bob Wilson – who appeared on behalf of the actress, who didn't attend – initially told the judge: "We haven't completed her DMV hearing so she couldn't have lost her license," E! News

But later Wilson said the D.A. informed him that the actress's license does in fact come up as suspended in the official records.

Sunday wasn't apparently the only day she was on the road. TMZ posted photos of Bynes "driving for hours" and smoking out of some sort of pipe on Tuesday.

Bynes's rep did not espond to requests for comment.

AMANDA BYNES

Serious Mental Issues

Amanda Bynes has much bigger problems than smoking pot and driving illegally ... there's evidence she has serious mental issues.

TMZ has spoken with a number of people who have had repeated contact with Bynes over the last few months, and the stories are consistent and disturbing.

Several people from her gym -- Equinox in West Hollywood - tell us, she has been showing increasingly alarming signs of delusional behavior. One person says Amanda came to the gym Thursday looking dazed and began speaking with herself -- making comments and then answering back.

Another person says when Amanda was on the elliptical, she would stop suddenly and start "laughing hysterically for no reason." She did this periodically throughout her workout. This person says he's seen her dozens of times in the last few months, and says it's apparent her condition is "deteriorating."

Several of Amanda's neighbors echo the concern over Amanda's condition. One tells us he observed her on several occasions having long conversations with inanimate objects. Another person says people in her condo complex are aware of her condition and her conduct but haven't called her friends or relatives or authorities because they just don't want to get involved, given her profile.

Some of the people in the building have been upset over the last few weeks, because they believe the media is painting Amanda as a garden variety pothead and they say her problems are much deeper.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/15/amanda-bynes.../#ixzz26XCssN6a

Sounding like schizophrenia to me. Onset in females is often in mid 20's and smoking pot to "calm" the voices is VERY typical self medicating technique. Sad if this is true, that is one rough disease.

Sounding like schizophrenia to me. Onset in females is often in mid 20's and smoking pot to "calm" the voices is VERY typical self medicating technique. Sad if this is true, that is one rough disease.

I was going to say bipolar disorder (same timeframe for onset, I believe), but either way. I hope she can get some help. :(

I was going to say bipolar disorder (same timeframe for onset, I believe), but either way. I hope she can get some help. :(

Possible in severe bipolar cases, but with voices/talking to inanimate objects I'd lean towards schizophrenia. But like you said, either way untreated she'll just get worse.

Possible in severe bipolar cases, but with voices/talking to inanimate objects I'd lean towards schizophrenia. But like you said, either way untreated she'll just get worse.

Somebody needs to take control like Britney's father did -- Britney doesn't seem to be all there sometimes but the manic behavior seems to be under control.

I also noticed that she is mostly alone while driving around aimlessly. Anyone in their right mind would leave the toking at home behind closed doors, especially if you are followed by the paparazzi. Someone close to me was first diagnosed schizophrenic then it was changed to bipolar. What is the difference? I was led to believe that they are the same and that bipolar is the "modern" terminology. Anyway, I feel sorry for her because she seems like such a sweet kid (now adult but in Hollywood do they ever really grow up?)

Someone close to me was first diagnosed schizophrenic then it was changed to bipolar. What is the difference? I was led to believe that they are the same and that bipolar is the "modern" terminology.

Short version: Bipolar mania people think you are drunk. Schizophrenia they think you are crazy.

"Bipolar" is the new modern terminology for "manic depressant". Within bipolar there are levels (moderate to severe, type 1 vs type 2, etc.). The person gets real high "manic" episodes, and real low depression episodes. If managed, they can live very normal lives with small ups and downs. Not medicated/monitored the up/downs are nonstop (and not necessarily first up, then down. Sometimes get a few ups, then a down, etc. so unpredictable). When manic, it was described as "Everything breaths, even the furniture. I can see mathematical formulas floating around as I drive, I know every calculation." No impulse control when manic, think when Britney shaved her head. Hallucinations happen, but only in VERY extreme cases. Think a really awesome acid trip and you think you are super smart and have all the answers (hello CHarlie Sheen!). Now you know why many bipolars do not want to be treated, for them manic is fun. When the depression hits, do a little coke (again, hello Charlie Sheen!) to bump yourself out of depression and back into mania.

Schizophrenia is an entirely different disease (but they are genetically similar). Unlike bipolar, they only get the manic feeling. And it's non-stop all the time (unlike bipolar which goes in cycles). In addition, with schizophrenia it's not a fun mania for most of them. They have a real hard time trying to figure out what is real, and what is only in their imagination. They hear voices, ghosts they can't see are chasing them. When they wake up, the birds are not chirping - the birds are talking to them and them alone. The birds may be warning them that someone is trying to kill them. I read a description once about what it's like to be schizophrenic - driving down the freeway and think you hit someone. You pull over and check the car, no damage so you think was not real. You get back in and keep driving, but you just KNOW you hit someone so you go back and search the roadside, no one there. Get back in and drive again, but just KNOW you hit someone so you go back again and again and again. It just just very hard for them to figure out what is real and what is not.

Now there can be crossover - in super extreme cases of manic bipolar they can have hallucinations, think ghosts are talking to them, etc. And people tend not to tell professionals they are depressed (they are afraid they'll get committed). So if the doc hears this they automatically diagnose schizophrenia. Later on they find out about the depressive times, so the dx changes. Plus a lot of times the person is suffering from other issues (addiction, PTSD, trauma, etc.) so it can take years to sort out what's what.

I bet you all know what industry I work in now :D

Princess, you are awesome. The person I was referring to is my father. He used to think he was Jesus Christ and John F. Kennedy back in the 60's when he first suffered "a nervous breakdown" and he was diagnosed schizophrenic. After more than 30 years of Thorazine, they switched him to resparitol? and diagnosed him bipolar. Thank you so much for clearing this up for me. I got into a screaming match with a nurse practitioner because she told Dad he was bipolar so he stopped taking his meds. I had to admit him to the psych ward for two weeks until he got back on track. My dad is the most amazing man I know. He has always held a good job, taken care of his family and to this day I have never heard him tell one lie. Dad is retired now and has Parkinsons. They thought at first it might be from the Thorazine but we figured out his father had it too so it must be heredity. Can you believe my sister and I used to be pulled from classes in grade school so they could study us? I support any and all research on mental illness. It's more prevalent than people know. Thanks again for helping me understand. :inlove:

Edited by KikiTopaz

I knew someone who suffered from schizophrenia. This person used to talk about the little man in their head and once asked if i heard him as well. This person also once went out to California (we live no where near California), because this person thought a talk show host told this person to. Another unfortunate detail about all this is this person hated taking their meds because this person did not like the way it felt while taking them.

Edited by alpierce