WiLdFiRe

Kristen Stewart

They say she is the number 1 paid female actress right now. Then, this scandal with a married director. What do you think will happen to her career?

Good question. I think she's going to have a rough time and it will be a long time before her image recovers, if it ever does.

Angelina Jolie is still stuck with the 'homewrecker' label and she is, in my opinion, a better actress and is generally more likable than is KS. She's also been with Brad for how many years and how many children? And while they have legitimized their relationship, people still look at AJ as trash.

Meanwhile, KS has -- again, in my opinion -- zero likability and talent. Her idea of showing emotion is biting her lip and turning her head away. Add that to the rabid reaction of RP's fans, and I don't think people are going to forget this anytime soon.

So, while I didn't believe her relationship with RP was anything more than a PR stunt, I have to believe this little scandal was not a stunt. It just doesn't look good for anyone involved...except for RP. Now all his fans can moon over him even more.

Good question. I think she's going to have a rough time and it will be a long time before her image recovers, if it ever does.

Angelina Jolie is still stuck with the 'homewrecker' label and she is, in my opinion, a better actress and is generally more likable than is KS. She's also been with Brad for how many years and how many children? And while they have legitimized their relationship, people still look at AJ as trash.

Meanwhile, KS has -- again, in my opinion -- zero likability and talent. Her idea of showing emotion is biting her lip and turning her head away. Add that to the rabid reaction of RP's fans, and I don't think people are going to forget this anytime soon.

So, while I didn't believe her relationship with RP was anything more than a PR stunt, I have to believe this little scandal was not a stunt. It just doesn't look good for anyone involved...except for RP. Now all his fans can moon over him even more.

What she did at a personal level is wrong, but the only scandelous element is that the guy is married and has kids. And that should hit him harder than her. On the hollywood level this is nothing (except again the wife and kids and even that it probably not uncommon). I think she's getting punished harder than deserved.

Jolie is a personality disorder on wheels. I think in real life KS would be the sort of woman who would be the far better friend. AJ is what woody allen called a kamakazi woman. She goes down in flames in her life and takes you with her. Classic borderline personality disorder. Now the personal is separate from the celebrity and that's where the difference is. AJ is a far better celebrity. She may be a fecking nut you would never bring home to your family, but she does the celeb thing well. KS is like more a real person, but makes a terrible celebrity (and that I think is her appeal for some to those of you who wonder about it).

Do I think her relationship with Rob P was real? Absolutely. Do I think we know the quality of it? Not a chance. Do I think what KS did was wrong? Cheating on any one you care about is wrong. I dont get those who say "well no marriage, no foul". Would you betray your same sex best friend? Well its not ok to betray someone you are in love with. But its hardly the crime of the century for a 22 year old. They will work it out or wont and be done with it. The director? Guy is scum. He is twice her age, with a family. He's not guilty for what he did, he's guilty for being caught. His wife I hate to say looks like a trophy more than a woman and maybe that tell you something about him. Or maybe not. in any event he's the one who should hang his head.

And lets not forget the photographers. Hey, lots of money for the pics if you're ok playing a part in folks getting hurt. I know the call and response: "KS and the director asked for it" by being celebs and in fooling around in public. Yeah that doesnt let you off the hook for your role in it.

The whole response to ts is sociolgically interesting more than a big ball of torrid scandal.

one thought is it may be good for her career. get her out of the tweenie twlight world and into the grownup world. If they can't market her to the kids and she still gets a decent flicks that do well, it could be good thing career wise. sick but hey, its nto about wrong and right; its about strategy.

one thought is it may be good for her career. get her out of the tweenie twlight world and into the grownup world. If they can't market her to the kids and she still gets a decent flicks that do well, it could be good thing career wise. sick but hey, its nto about wrong and right; its about strategy.

And it's a much better strategy than a "leaked" sex tape. Relatively speaking.

And it's a much better strategy than a "leaked" sex tape. Relatively speaking.

I've never believed that the romance was real anyway, so I think this is some twisted PR thing. But it's also weird. I'm with lurker, I think it was designed to break her out of the twilight crap. I have NEVER seen the appeal of KS. She is always so sullen.

I need to say this properly and just to clarify, all of this is just my own opinion (isn't it strange that you have to say that or people online think you are some sort of authority?).

First of all I honestly believe Patinson is gay. I don't mean that in a mean or bad way. If he's gay, he's gay and that is just what it is.

Both of them looked stoned ALL THE DAMMNED TIME. Do they know what smiles are? A *&^% eating grin on his part might (if Gene Roddenbery came back to life and slays JJ Abrams for the abomination that the new star trek was, which was just JJ abrams plea to George Lucas: PLEASE LET ME MAKE THE NEXT STAR WARS...PLEEEEEASSE) make me want to see him in something else. But actually, I just want to shave his head and watch Kristen Stewart give him a disgusted look and say, no, no what was I thinking.

Now onto the meat

They were never. Actually. Dating.

Catch your breath. Get a drink of water. Feel better?

Yeah, they never were. They just look good together. Any alone time (and nookie time) probably happened on set when they literally had no where else to go. I can imagine how it would happen:

R: I got bout 2 hours, you?

K: I got 30. Wanna? we're supposed to be to . . . Hey leave some for me!!!

K GRABS WHAT IS LEFT OF THE FUNNY SMELLING ITEM

R: sure, why not, you showered right

K: whats that supposed to mean!!!??

R: nuthin I . . .

DOOR SLAMS

R: you can come out now.

MAN COMES OUT OF THE BATHROOM

Need I say more?

There never was a relationship, they never shacked up (I don't really know if the tabs said they ever did live together to be honest, but it is all part of the narrative when famous people in the tabs are said to be dating).

They look good together, so they gather at a Starbucks (arriving in the same car after having met at another location), or some other popular place and get their pics taken, all the while saying how much they hate the intrusiveness of it all, but never actually avoiding the places where photogs hang out.

Then they go back home to their very separate lives.

They were never a couple and all of you bought it.

I personally think K's next job will be on a reality show or outside of hollywood entirely. She cannot act and doesn't even know how to smile. Once the Twilight Movies die down, no one is going to remember who they were outside of a few people at some sci fi convention:

Tall skinny kid holds up a sign that looks like it has seen better days. it says support the twilight

Skinny kid: K for an oscar, please sign the petition.

EVERYONE WHO PASSES GIVES HIM A WIDE BERTH. THERE ARE THREE NAMES ON HIS PETITION, TWO OF WHICH HAVE THE SAME LAST NAME.

Even they twihards have moved on.

Edited by alpierce

Pattinson had a long-term girlfriend he lived with prior to Twilight. Kristen had a long-term boyfriend. I've never gotten why people think it was a PR relationship or that one or both must be gay. I think they were for real, and there's enough accounts of them living together, traveling together, being ensconced in each others' lives that the PR thing kind of makes me roll my eyes. I also don't see how anyone thinks she'd be willing to put herself through this mess right now to break away from Twilight when she's already a puzzlingly respected actress with some serious screen cred. She was just at Cannes and she also just did a non-Twi film that grossed almost $400 million. I don't think she needs anything this dramatic to prove she's a grown-up.

Her career will be fine. Which doesn't please me as I can't stand her or her acting, but the industry loves her and they won't turn their backs. I do think we'll see her moving back towards smaller films for awhile though.

Why would Kristen make such a public apology? What is the advantage in that? Why not handle it privately? Pictures of celebs kissing/cheating are in magazines quite often, yet the majority do not comment, the scandal doesn't make it to the evening news and the public moves on and often times they forget. I just can't grasp the thinking behind all the PR apologies and tweets.

Pattinson had a long-term girlfriend he lived with prior to Twilight. Kristen had a long-term boyfriend. I've never gotten why people think it was a PR relationship or that one or both must be gay. I think they were for real, and there's enough accounts of them living together, traveling together, being ensconced in each others' lives that the PR thing kind of makes me roll my eyes. I also don't see how anyone thinks she'd be willing to put herself through this mess right now to break away from Twilight when she's already a puzzlingly respected actress with some serious screen cred. She was just at Cannes and she also just did a non-Twi film that grossed almost $400 million. I don't think she needs anything this dramatic to prove she's a grown-up.

Her career will be fine. Which doesn't please me as I can't stand her or her acting, but the industry loves her and they won't turn their backs. I do think we'll see her moving back towards smaller films for awhile though.

It never occurred to anyone that this was their publicists basically making up fiction so they stay in the media as much as possible? I know, I know why would they lie? Answer: to keep them in the media as much as possible. This is a business, and it doesn't matter whether or not the leads like each other, just as long as the target audience thinks they do. Everyone thinks that this is hard or impossible for them to do, but it really isn't. Meet somewhere else, arrive together at the venue (OMG they must be dating!) leave together, and go back to their very separate homes. Keep in mind, most of Hollywood probably know this and would never break the facade, as they may be working for/with these people in the future.

Why would Kristen make such a public apology? What is the advantage in that? Why not handle it privately? Pictures of celebs kissing/cheating are in magazines quite often, yet the majority do not comment, the scandal doesn't make it to the evening news and the public moves on and often times they forget. I just can't grasp the thinking behind all the PR apologies and tweets.

Keeps them in the tabs. Once the last movie is released and it makes gazillions, you will see something in the tabs like OMG ROBSTEN IS NO MORE!!! Again, this only serves to keep them in your minds as it goes into re-release, or for videogames, and other movie related items. Anytime you see some big headline like that, they were probably trying to sell something.

Edited by alpierce

ah you lost me at "star trek abomination"!

I think Pattinson is bi but closer to the straight side (with a little boy on the side). Why? Just my opionion.

I need to say this properly and just to clarify, all of this is just my own opinion (isn't it strange that you have to say that or people online think you are some sort of authority?).

First of all I honestly believe Patinson is gay. I don't mean that in a mean or bad way. If he's gay, he's gay and that is just what it is.

Both of them looked stoned ALL THE DAMMNED TIME. Do they know what smiles are? A *&^% eating grin on his part might (if Gene Roddenbery came back to life and slays JJ Abrams for the abomination that the new star trek was, which was just JJ abrams plea to George Lucas: PLEASE LET ME MAKE THE NEXT STAR WARS...PLEEEEEASSE) make me want to see him in something else. But actually, I just want to shave his head and watch Kristen Stewart give him a disgusted look and say, no, no what was I thinking.

Now onto the meat

They were never. Actually. Dating.

Catch your breath. Get a drink of water. Feel better?

Yeah, they never were. They just look good together. Any alone time (and nookie time) probably happened on set when they literally had no where else to go. I can imagine how it would happen:

R: I got bout 2 hours, you?

K: I got 30. Wanna? we're supposed to be to . . . Hey leave some for me!!!

K GRABS WHAT IS LEFT OF THE FUNNY SMELLING ITEM

R: sure, why not, you showered right

K: whats that supposed to mean!!!??

R: nuthin I . . .

DOOR SLAMS

R: you can come out now.

MAN COMES OUT OF THE BATHROOM

Need I say more?

There never was a relationship, they never shacked up (I don't really know if the tabs said they ever did live together to be honest, but it is all part of the narrative when famous people in the tabs are said to be dating).

They look good together, so they gather at a Starbucks (arriving in the same car after having met at another location), or some other popular place and get their pics taken, all the while saying how much they hate the intrusiveness of it all, but never actually avoiding the places where photogs hang out.

Then they go back home to their very separate lives.

They were never a couple and all of you bought it.

I personally think K's next job will be on a reality show or outside of hollywood entirely. She cannot act and doesn't even know how to smile. Once the Twilight Movies die down, no one is going to remember who they were outside of a few people at some sci fi convention:

Tall skinny kid holds up a sign that looks like it has seen better days. it says support the twilight

Skinny kid: K for an oscar, please sign the petition.

EVERYONE WHO PASSES GIVES HIM A WIDE BERTH. THERE ARE THREE NAMES ON HIS PETITION, TWO OF WHICH HAVE THE SAME LAST NAME.

Even they twihards have moved on.

i agree with you about 100%. but i think we've already given this far too much thought :)

I just hope she learns to shut her mouth and stop showing us her buck teeth in every shot :D

Posted Image

Do hate to say it, but kinda liked her in Runaways. :unsure:

Personally, I think she is going to flame out very soon. She needs to define herself somehow outside of the Twilight franchise and I don't think she is capable of that. Look at all the people who were super famous for one thing. Out of all those not many of them have managed to do ANYTHING else. I hope she isn't thinking of banking on her looks because I see prettier women every day on the way to work. There is nothing about her that stands out to me. We'll see how well her post twilight movies do.

I saw her in an early film and ever since then, no matter what role I see her in, she's exactly the same. I don't get what Hollywood sees in this young woman and I don't think I ever will.

I saw her in an early film and ever since then, no matter what role I see her in, she's exactly the same. I don't get what Hollywood sees in this young woman and I don't think I ever will.

i think she is incredibly limited. But i do see what some director see in her. To quote the times, she can hold a close up (yes its the same expression but when you've only yet been in a few films one doesnt quite know that yet). she does have a naturalistic way about her. But great actress? Absolutely not. Very very VERY limited. I can see casting her in one film for her quirky style then realizing that's all she's got.

Posted Image

popsugar

Posted on August 1, 2012 9:32AM by Lauren Turner · 21 Comments

News of Kristen Stewart's cheating scandal broke last week, as Us Weekly revealed pictures of the duo showing PDA. In the days that followed, Kristen and Rupert both released statements apologizing for their indiscretions, while Robert Pattinson reportedly moved out of the home he shared with Kristen.

As stories about the state of Kristen and Rob's relationship and Rupert's marriage to Liberty Ross continue to circulate, we're taking a look at the photos of Kristen's sexy July 17 afternoon with Rupert. Kristen and Rupert drove around LA in Kristen's Mini Cooper, making various stops on the side of the road to kiss and cuddle. They eventually got out of the car and were seen hugging and holding hands while looking out over a railing. Kristen and Rupert have been lying low since the story was released, though Kristen did step out at the Teen Choice Awards with Rob just days after the pictures were taken. The fate of Kristen and Rob's relationship is still unknown, with the latest news confirming that couple are no longer living in their shared home.

I think she would have been good in the Linda Lovelace film as far as looking like LLovelace goes.

Who drives around pulling over occasionally to make out? I have never done that for what it's worth. We just parked and went at it. They seemed to know there were cameras there. Then the public apologies. It looks fishy to me.

edit: and unless there were pics not shown it was a very PG makeout session. So it could be shown in US magazine and read by tweens. No clothes came off, no hands anywhere, just nothin'

Edited by Gracenote

I think she would have been good in the Linda Lovelace film as far as looking like LLovelace goes.

Who drives around pulling over occasionally to make out? I have never done that for what it's worth. We just parked and went at it. They seemed to know there were cameras there. Then the public apologies. It looks fishy to me.

edit: and unless there were pics not shown it was a very PG makeout session. So it could be shown in US magazine and read by tweens. No clothes came off, no hands anywhere, just nothin'

I completely agree. All of this is so totally bizarre.

Yeah, Lainey kept talking about how the photos show him going down on her, and I'm looking at all the photos thinking "where is THAT photo" because I'm not seeing it......

Yeah, Lainey kept talking about how the photos show him going down on her, and I'm looking at all the photos thinking "where is THAT photo" because I'm not seeing it......

What?? :blink:

What?? :blink:

http://www.laineygossip.com/Articles/Detai...anagement-moves

f you’ve seen the pictures, you’d have a hard time believing it was a “momentary discretion” and, ahem, “just kissing”. Especially not the shot of him going down on her in the front seat. The common conclusion drawn from those images is that what was between Stewart and Sanders was habitual and familiar.