princess

Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23

Yes. I sort of enjoyed the first season, and have it set to record this season. I really like Krysten Ritter. The premise of the show is a little thin, but that's ok - it is a sitcom, after all.....

Yeah, the storyline isn't much but it's my guilty pleasure that cracks me up. I've never seen Dawson's Creek, but I was a huge 90210 and Melrose Place fan. The jokes James Van Der Beek makes about DC still makes me laugh, could be applied to any of the cult TV shows with the crazy fans.

I am seriously hoping that Joshua Jackson and Anna Torv do a funny cross-over Dawson's Creek/Fringe bit on this show :)

Posted Image

Katie Holmes: I Would "Absolutely" Do a Dawson's Creek Reunion

Celebrity News November 16, 2012 AT 12:00PM By Allison Takeda

US Mag

Katie Holmes during an interview with host Jimmy Fallon on November 15, 2012. Katie Holmes during an interview with host Jimmy Fallon on November 15, 2012. Credit: Lloyd Bishop/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty

Dawson's Creek fans held their collective breath when James Van Der Beek spoofed the idea of a reunion on Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 earlier this season -- only to be disappointed when Jen, Pacey, and Joey failed to show. But Katie Holmes says she hasn't completely ruled out the idea of a real-life meet-up with her former costars.

Stopping by Late Night With Jimmy Fallon to promote the Broadway play Dead Accounts, the 33-year-old actress and single mother (to 6-year-old Suri) said she'd be open to revisiting the Creek with James Van Der Beek, Joshua Jackson, Michelle Williams, and Busy Philipps. (Philipps, 33, did a cameo as herself on the reunion episode of Don’t Trust the B.)

"I love everyone from the show," Holmes told Fallon. "We have kind of talked about it here and there. But we're like, 'What do you do?' Because [in] our last episode, Michelle's character passed away...I don't know...Maybe we'll go on vacation -- that [would] be fun -- and just film it!"

"So if there was a good story, you would do it," Fallon clarified.

"Yeah, absolutely," she said.

Posted Image

James Van Der Beek, Joshua Jackson, Katie Holmes, and Michelle Williams on "Dawson's Creek"

Credit: Columbia TriStar Television/Courtesy Everett Collection

The star's affection for her Creek cast mates is well-documented. In September, she even reached out to Jackson, 35, her former onscreen love interest.

"Like any old friend, it was like, 'Oh, hi, how are ya? What's going on?" the Fringe actor said of their out-of-the-blue chat. "It was very nice, actually."

Jackson has been in a relationship with Diane Kruger since 2006, but back in the day, he and Holmes were quite the couple. In fact, the actress once referred to him as "her first love" -- which may be one reason Tom Cruise reportedly nixed the idea of a Dawson's Creek reunion during his marriage to Holmes.

"[Producers] were begging [Katie] to sign on for a reunion movie," a source told Us Weekly in July. "Tom said absolutely no way. [He] thought going backward would be bad."

(Incidentally, TV fanatic Fallon has a history of trying to get old cast mates back together. In 2009, he campaigned to reconnect Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Tiffani Thiessen, Mario Lopez, and the rest of the Bayside gang for a Saved by the Bell reunion. When that failed, he turned instead to the California Dreams crew, who performed their show's theme song on a 2010 episode of Late Night.)

In any case, a Creek-side reunion will have to wait until after Dead Accounts, in which the former Mrs. Tom Cruise appears opposite Norbert Leo Butz, Judy Greer, and Josh Hamilton, with whom she shares a passionate onstage kiss. And though no one could ever replace Dawson, Jen, and Pacey, sources say the Broadway costars have become very close.

"[Katie's] got her personal stuff going on, but she leaves that at the door. Behind the scenes, she's a funny, loving girl, not an ounce of diva in her," an insider told Us, adding that the whole cast has "really bonded."

Cancelled, have pulled last 8 unaired episodes apparently. I hate that!!! They've already spent the money - air the damn episodes!!!

Nooo!!! :tantrum: Until the network gives the official word, I'm holding out hope!! :flag:

WTF?! Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 Is Cancelled

January 23, 2013 at 1:53PM By Dara Adeeyo | comments

cosmopolitan.com

Ugh. ABC will not be airing the remaining eight episodes of my new favorite show, Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23. Like, it's straight-up been taken out of the lineup. The network hasn't officially said Apartment 23 has been cancelled, but this sounds like it's gotten the ax and Krysten Ritter confirmed the news on Twitter.

Siiigh.

Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 was a quirky show and made it okay to indulge our inner bitch sometimes. The show was different than any other TV series out there right now. I was skeptical at first, but grew to love it so much. Especially, the characters...

First off, it co-starred James freaking Van Der Beek. AKA, Dawson from Dawson's Creek. He played himself on Apartment 23, picking at the fact that he's sort of some washed-up star who is only recognized for being on DC. It was funny. I thought the whole James Van Der Beek playing James Van Der Beek sitch would get old...but it didn't. JVDB kind of became your celeb bff you expected to act ridiculous.

And then you had the super-cute Krysten Ritter playing that bitch Chloe. While her character was all types of cray, like scamming her roomie June on rent or setting June up on a date with her completely married father, you came to love Chloe. You realized that underneath all that craziness was a good friend who had your back.

But let's not forget the heart of the show, naive June played by Dreama Walker. Oh, June. You were the epitome of a New York City transplant, thinking moving to the big city would be a scene right out of Sex and the City. Sweet June soon came to realize that NYC isn't as nice as the small town in the middle of nowhere she is from. We watched her face uphill battles in her career and love life. And now that her job situation was finally figured out, the show gets cut. Not cool, ABC.

RIP Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23. Who was your favorite character on the show?

Want more from Dara? Follow her on Twitter @dadeeyo.

I hope they air these in the summer. The network really made a mess of this show. I think the title of the show turned people off to begin with and since this isn't cable they should have changed it. But that is not the most atrocious thing. It is the crazy order that they aired the episodes. The continuity was just terrible. Whoever made the decision to air them out of order like that should be fired. Plus, having it start this season later than any other show didn't help either. But if you can disregard all that, the show is really clever and I am going to miss it.

For those who enjoyed the show - in case you aren't aware - they released the final episodes online last Friday. I haven't had a chance to watch them yet but hopefully will get to a couple this weekend ;-) I think they're on abc.com and maybe Hulu? Not sure about netflix or amazon.....

For those who enjoyed the show - in case you aren't aware - they released the final episodes online last Friday. I haven't had a chance to watch them yet but hopefully will get to a couple this weekend ;-) I think they're on abc.com and maybe Hulu? Not sure about netflix or amazon.....

I didn't know this, thank you!! Bet you know what I'll be doing over the holiday weekend!!

Arrested Development will be released on Netflix this weekend too!!! (I don't know if I can stream Netflix at home - we're in the boonies with satellite internet, so....) Buffering for free stuff doesn't bother me, but if I have to pay for something, I want it to be good!