princess

Tiger Woods

Magazine Replaces Editor

Jan 18 10:03 AM US/Eastern

By DOUG FERGUSON

The editor responsible for the cover was replaced.

Good call. Just sorry it was published and now burned in everyone's memory to begin with.

Woods: Tilghman Meant No Harm

Woods Calls 'Lynch' Comment 'Unfortunate,' Says the Matter Is Over

By DOUG FERGUSON AP Golf Writer

ANAHEIM, Calif. Jan 21, 2008 (AP)

Tiger Woods says Golf Channel anchor Kelly Tilghman meant no harm when she used the term "lynch" during television commentary about him, and he regards the issue closed as he returns to work this week.

"It was unfortunate," Woods said Monday in his first public comments since Tilghman was suspended for two weeks. "Kelly and I did speak. There was no ill intent. She regrets saying it. In my eyes, it's all said and done."

Woods spoke at the Tiger Woods Learning Center, where he announced a contest for children to talk about their first "fist-pump" moment. He also unveiled a bronze of his late father, Earl Woods, which will be in the lobby of the educational center.

The world's No. 1 player will make his 2008 debut at the Buick Invitational in San Diego, which starts Thursday.

Despite not having played since his season-ending Target World Challenge last month, Woods has been a big part of golf news.

"I've been in that situation before," he said with a slight smile.

Toward the end of the second round at the Mercedes-Benz Championship, Tilghman and analyst Nick Faldo were discussing possible challengers to Woods when Faldo suggested the players gang up on Woods.

"Lynch him in a back alley," Tilghman said, laughing.

Woods' agent had issued a statement before Tilghman was suspended, noting Woods and Tilghman were friends and he considered the matter over. Under increasing pressure, however, Golf Channel suspended the anchor for two weeks.

The topic was cranked up a notch last week when Golfweek magazine put a noose on the cover of its Jan. 19 issue, which drew more criticism and an unusually sharp rebuke from PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem.

Golfweek last week fired Dave Seanor, the editor responsible for the cover.

Woods said he never felt pressure to speak out on the use of "lynch," which stirs graphic reminders of the Old South in which 3,466 blacks were lynched in the United States from 1882 to 1968.

"It was more media-driven than anything else," Woods said.

He said he several people contacted him because they were curious what he thought.

"I tell them she's a friend of mine, which she is," Woods said. "I've known her for 10 or 11 years now. We all say things we do regret, and that's certainly a moment she does regret."

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Tiger Woods Buys $65 Million Mansion

Tuesday March 18, 2008

Tiger Woods has a new spot to store his clubs.

The golfer, 32, has snapped up a $65 million, 13,200-square-foot oceanfront estate in Southampton, New York.

The digs come complete with six bedroom suites, a music room, a cypress wood-paneled library and staff quarters, as well as a 7,500-square-foot guesthouse, which features ocean views, three bedrooms, a den and a kitchen.

Wait, there’s more!

Nicknamed “By the Sea,” the mansion is surrounded by a seaside pool with spa, tennis court, lily pond and professionally-landscaped gardens. (Perfect for afternoon walks for Woods’ wife Elin Nordegren, 28, and their daughter, Sam, 9 months!)

Their new neighbors? Fashion designer Vera Wang and New York Times publisher Arthur Ochs Sulzberger.

The New York Post first reported the news. A rep for Woods had no comment when contacted by Usmagazine.com.

This isn’t the first home Woods has splurged on.

He also owns a $40 million estate on Jupiter Island, Florida (that was partially destroyed in a fire last year) and a 155-foot long yacht, Privacy. He’s also building a 16,500-square-foot palace that will feature a pool and theater on a golf course he designed in Dubai.

Tiger Woods Calls Daughter the 'Greatest Thing in the World'

Posted Image

Talk about the best Father's Day ever! Not only did Tiger Woods tie Rocco Mediate on Sunday – then win on the nineteenth hole of a sudden death playoff in the U.S. Open Monday – but he also had his adorable daughter Sam and wife Elin standing by to celebrate his win.

After his historic (and close) victory in San Diego, following months of knee troubles, Woods said, "There's no way I could have gotten through this without Sam being there ... just watching her grow, walking, running now, it's been just the greatest thing in the world."

It was the first time Sam, who turns one on Wednesday, attended the Open.

The last time Woods won was in 2002, when his father was still alive.

–Kristin Boehm

She's adorable and makes him look slightly less dorky. ;) (Great golfer - I know I know, but seriously the guy looks like he should be at MIT with a pocket protector.)

And he appears to have an equivalent personality.

Tiger Woods Expecting Baby No. 2

By Brian Orloff

Tiger Woods is expecting his second child.

"Elin and I are proud to announce that we are expecting our second child in late winter," the golf champ wrote Tuesday on his official Web site.

"This has been a year of contrasts," Woods, 32, began. "I had a solid start to the season, won the U.S. Open in an exciting playoff, and then unfortunately had to shut it down after successful knee surgery."

Continued the athlete: "And now, I have some wonderful news to report. Sam is going to be a big sister."

Woods and his wife, Elin Nordegren, welcomed Sam Alexis Woods, in June 2007. The couple also revealed photos of the newborn – a week after her birth – on Wood's official site.

"It was a dream come true for both Elin and myself," he said of fatherhood at the time. "I've been changing diapers and doing feedings. I definitely don't sleep now."

Tiger Woods Welcomes a Baby Boy!

Posted Image

Tiger Woods is a dad again.

The world's No. 1 golfer and his wife, Elin Nordegren, welcomed a son on Sunday, reports Golf.com.

Woods, 33, confirmed the family addition on his Web site.

The baby's name is Charlie Axel Woods, said the proud father, adding, "Both Charlie and Elin are doing great and we want to thank everyone for their sincere best wishes and kind thoughts."

This is the second child for the couple, whose daughter, Sam Alexis, was born in June 2007, the day after Woods placed second in the U.S. Open.

Were it not for the new arrival – and his taking time to recuperate after surgery on his knee – Woods would have been at Torrey Pines, Calif., in the final round of the Buick Invitational tournament, which he's played in 11 times and won six, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune, which first reported the birth.

But as he announced on the PGA Tour Web site last week: "A lot depends on the baby, which is due pretty soon. That takes precedence over anything I do golf-wise. But I must admit, I am also excited about returning to competition."

Woods added: "Elin, Sam and I are very excited for the new baby to arrive, although that's when the real lack of sleep begins."

First Photos of Tiger Woods's Son!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just 10 days old, Charlie Axel Woods has made his international media debut – with the son of golf champ Tiger Woods appearing on his dad's Web site.

In all, there are five photographs now published on Golf.com of Charlie and the family, who are all shown, in various stages, kissing the new arrival. Even the family dogs get into the picture.

Charlie was born Feb. 8, which prompted his proud father to post on his Web site: "Both Charlie and Elin are doing great and we want to thank everyone for their sincere best wishes and kind thoughts."

Sister Sam Alexis was born in 2007 – and, if these new photos are any indication, isn't shy about showing her love for her new little brother.

Speaking for himself, Sam and wife Elin Nordegren when Charlie arrived, Woods also said, "Elin, Sam and I are very excited for the new baby to arrive, although that's when the real lack of sleep begins."

Source: People

Tiger Woods: I Was Lucky to Miss Golf and Be with Family

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make no mistake about it: Tiger Woods is eager to return to the golf course after being sidelined for eight months with a knee injury. He's ready to feel what he calls "that rush of playing and competing."

But the PGA superstar, who plays Wednesday at the WGC Accenture Match Play Championship in Marana, Ariz., says he found unexpected joys in being home with wife Elin, daughter Sam, 2, and newborn son Charlie Axel Woods.

"It was a blessing in disguise to have an opportunity just to see Sam grow that fast and that much," he said at a news conference Tuesday. "As players, you travel so much that I would have missed a lot of that, so I was very lucky there."

He adds: "I didn't realize how much I loved being home and being around Sam and E and now Charlie. I mean, I'll tell you what, that's something that is just so important to me."

Sleep Deprivation

What surprised him, Woods, 33, says, is "the closeness that I feel" to family. "We've had so much fun, so many great times, and I would have missed some of those things," he says.

Fatherhood, however, has meant "a little less sleep," he says. "That's been one of the tougher parts."

Now that he's back to work, "This is my week to get some sleep, get some rest, so I'll take full advantage of it," he jokes. "But on a serious note, it's great. To have Charlie healthy and Elin healthy and obviously Sam just doing great, it just couldn't be any better."

And with everybody doing well at home, he says, he can focus on the game.

"I miss that rush of playing and competing," he says. "I really do, getting on that first tee and feeling it. I miss that. As much as you can have money games at home with the guys, it's not the same. This is what I do for a living, and this is what I've always wanted to do my entire life, and not being able to do it at the highest level was frustrating at times."

Source: People

Woods blames self, but won't talk

Questions Remain In Tiger Woods' Accident

WINDERMERE, Fla. -- Tiger Woods canceled another meeting with state troopers on Sunday, the third straight time he's done so. He posted a statement on his Web site that said the accident was his fault alone, but failed to address many of the lingering questions about the crash that sent him to a hospital.

The statement was posted about an hour before state troopers were to meet with the world's No. 1 golfer at his $2.4 million home inside the gates of Isleworth. A meeting was not rescheduled.

"This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me," Woods said. "I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again."

Woods said it was a private matter, and he wanted to keep it that way.

"Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible," he said.

Windermere police chief Daniel Saylor has said Woods' wife, Elin, used a golf club to smash out a rear window to help him get out of the SUV when she heard the crash from inside their home at 2:25 a.m. Friday.

"The only person responsible for the accident is me," Woods said. "My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false."

Sgt. Kim Montes of the Florida Highway Patrol said Woods' attorney, Mark Nejame, informed the patrol that Woods would not be meeting with troopers Sunday afternoon.

"It has not been rescheduled," Montes said.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Tiger: I Need a 'Kobe Special'

Posted Nov 29th 2009 1:30PM by TMZ Staff

Tiger Woods had a "Kobe Special" on his brain hours after what looks like a domestic dispute with his wife, Elin Nordegren -- this according to someone who spoke with Tiger on Friday.

During the phone conversation on Friday, Tiger told his friend, "I have to run to Zales to get a 'Kobe Special.'" The person on the other end of the phone asked Tiger what a "Kobe Special" was. The reply -- "A house on a finger."

During the conversation, Tiger said his wife had "gone ghetto" on him.

As we first reported, Tiger told the friend his wife had scratched his face up during an argument over a report that the golf great had cheated on her. The "other woman" named in the story -- Rachel Uchitel -- calls the report "bulls**t."

Of course, the Kobe reference is the now-famous house/ring he gave his wife Vanessa after the whole Colorado thing. We're assuming Tiger was joking, though he can certainly afford it.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0YHz3WX2L

Sports of The Times

For Golf’s No. 1 Pitchman, Silence Doesn’t Sell

By GEORGE VECSEY

Published: November 29, 2009

Tiger Woods is not available. He will talk in his own sweet time.

This tactic works fine at golf tournaments and any time he has a product to push. He appears when he is good and ready, and is just blandly helpful enough to give a few snippets of quotes to the waiting world. He’s a green-jacketed master at it.

This is a man who has never had the yips in public. But we are now witnessing his hooking and slicing his image straight into the rough, into the trees, into the drink.

As the great salesman and role model of a very difficult and upscale sport, he is in danger of setting off a recession in the golf industry, unless he puts out a more complete story, soon. Why was he leaving his house in the middle of the night? How and why did he hit a fire hydrant at the end of his driveway?

Just about the entire United States population, even those who do not much care about golf, was discussing Tiger Woods as we got over our turkey this weekend. And no matter what happened in the dark on Friday morning, he did not stop the buzz from spreading.

No mulligans on this one. He has already sullied his controlled image by not having a statement ready within 12 hours of his running over a fire hydrant and hitting a tree after 2 a.m. on Friday.

Just guessing that if I hit a hydrant, the police would be at my door later that day. And if my wife said I was not available, the way Elin Woods did Saturday, the police would be back the next day, more persistently. Woods is not legally bound to give them a statement, but he has endangered his reputation and possibly his value to his sponsors by remaining hidden.

Fire hydrants are public property. Automobile accidents are a public matter. We are witnessing one of the richest and most famous athletes and celebrities in the world stonewalling the authorities in his chosen home of Windermere, Fla. Maybe the authorities are afraid he will move away if they come back with a piece of paper. Bad for real-estate values.

The police are looking rather timid, but Woods is looking worse. He is looking like a man who has something to hide. As we chatted about Woods over the weekend, I advanced the theory that he was probably rushing out to buy baby aspirin because one of his two children was running a fever. He was so worried, he lost control of the car. It could happen.

In the absence of a detailed explanation, however, Woods set up all kinds of speculation.

As the hours went by, Tiger and his flotilla of lawyers, sponsors, agents, managers, publicists, trainers, caddies, gofers and friends did not produce a pediatrician’s note that said Woods had been on an aspirin run. Or he could say he was running out to the all-night convenience store for an iced mochaccino. Or any other logical story. Instead, Woods hunkered down. And his sponsors probably started holding their breath.

On Sunday, the second straight day his door did not open to police investigators, Woods put out a statement on his Web site, tigerwoods.com, saying the incident was his fault. This is what politicians always say when they have no intention of explaining.

“I’m human and I’m not perfect,” Woods said, adding: “This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way.” He also referred to “the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors” about him and his family and said they were irresponsible.

He was referring, undoubtedly, to reports, based mostly on anonymous sources, in tabloids and on gossip Web sites about his private life, which were out there even before Friday’s car wreck. It was hardly worth referring to rumors like that until Woods hit a fire hydrant and a tree, and his wife broke a car window with a golf club. And now he has stonewalled the authorities for a few days.

Tiger Woods, after all, is not some politician who was caught straying off the fairway of life. Politicians merely sell themselves; they don’t sell an entire lucrative sport, the way Woods does.

He can get back some of his lost image by putting out a plausible story. But at this moment, Tiger Woods has lost his touch.

E-mail: geovec@nytimes.com

Better put a ring on it: Tiger Woods told friend he was buying a 'Kobe Special' for angry wife

November 29, 2:43 PM

Celebrity News Examiner

Liz Barrett

Tiger Woods wasn't talking to police on Friday -- he told a friend he he had to run to Zales and get a "Kobe Special" for his wife, Elin Nordegren. According to TMZ, the conversation went something like this:

Tiger: I have to run to Zales to get a Kobe Special.

Friend: What's a Kobe Special?

Tiger: A house on a finger.

Kobe Bryant famously bought wife Vanessa a $4 million, 8-carat purple diamond ring after he was charged with rape in 2003.

Woods also allegedly told the friend that Nordegren had "gone ghetto" on him. This is the same friend whom Woods allegedly told that Nordegren scratched up his face and chased him out of the house with a golf club the moments before his 2:30 a.m. accident on Friday, according to TMZ.

Nobody knows yet what really happened, but the world is waiting to find out. One thing is certain: Tiger, you got some splainin' to do.

As private as he is, I think he'll just shut this down and not talk to anyone. His car hit a tree. He just has to show his drivers license and proof of insurance. That's it. He doesn't owe anyone any explanations. It's ripe for rumors, but I suspect that his last statement will stand and he won't say any more. Now the "ring watch" will begin... ;)

As private as he is, I think he'll just shut this down and not talk to anyone. His car hit a tree. He just has to show his drivers license and proof of insurance. That's it. He doesn't owe anyone any explanations. It's ripe for rumors, but I suspect that his last statement will stand and he won't say any more. Now the "ring watch" will begin... ;)

I agree, and I feel sorry for them that their private matters are being broadcast everywhere. But his statement on his website damn near confirms the rumors. Not a bright move.

Cops Pursue Warrant in Woods Case

Posted Nov 30th 2009 12:45AM by TMZ Staff

Sources tell TMZ the Florida Highway Patrol is now focusing on obtaining a search warrant -- allowing them to seize medical records from the hospital that treated Tiger Woods -- in an attempt to determine if the wounds Woods sustained are consistent with a car accident or domestic violence.

We're told authorities believe they can show probable cause a crime was committed, a necessary step in obtaining a warrant.

One big piece of evidence showing probable cause ... sources tell us Tiger's wife, Elin Nordegren told FHP troopers she went looking for Tiger in a golf cart, came upon the accident and then used a golf club to break the window to gain entry. That's a very different story from what she first told Windemere cops shortly after the accident -- she never mentioned a golf cart. Nordegren told Windemere police she had walked out of her house, saw the crash, went back inside to get a golf club and returned to the vehicle.

TMZ has reviewed 21 photos from the scene -- no sign of any golf cart. But we just found another photo (below) from the scene, where you can see a golf cart in the foreground.

And there's more ... although alcohol was not involved, Tiger was in and out of consciousness and TMZ has already reported Tiger told a friend he was taking prescription meds for pain, which could be evidence of DUI. This, too, could constitute probable cause to obtain a warrant.

We're told the FHP is pursuing the search warrant option after getting shut down again Sunday in an attempt to interview Tiger and Elin and eyeball Tiger's wounds.

As we first reported, according to sources, Tiger told a friend Elin had attacked him after she confronted him with reported allegations he had cheated on her. We're told Tiger told the friend Elin then followed him out of the house and struck the moving vehicle with the golf club, causing him to get distracted and hit the hydrant.

If the FHP determines Elin attacked Tiger, we're told she could be arrested for domestic violence.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0YMxmnL8g

Tiger Woods -- Let's Go to the Videotape

Posted Nov 30th 2009 11:06AM by TMZ Staff

There's something the Florida Highway Patrol wants even more than catching a glimpse of Tiger Woods' wounds -- the video from the surveillance cameras at the family home.

TMZ has learned the home of Tiger and wife Elin Nordegren is fully loaded with security cameras and we're told at least one of the cameras show Tiger's exit from the house. We know the FHP wants the video.

As we first reported, the FHP wants a search warrant for Tiger's medical records. They also want the video -- the question, even if the FHP gets a warrant for the video ... what, if any, footage exists at this point?

Then again, it's possible Tiger would willingly fork over the video. Or maybe not.

Stay tuned...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0YMyIOA6w

Troopers Make Hospital Visit Over Tiger Woods

Posted Nov 30th 2009 12:28PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned two Florida Highway Patrol troopers paid a visit today to the hospital where Tiger Woods was transported early Friday morning.

Witnesses at the hospital say the troopers were looking for information related to Woods' visit.

An FHP spokesperson has just said the department has not sought a search warrant for Tiger's medical records associated with his treatment. However, as TMZ first reported, the department is pursuing a warrant -- though it has not formally sought one out -- after being shut down by Tiger's lawyer.

The FHP wants to know if Tiger's wounds were the result of the SUV accident or a domestic dispute with his wife, Elin Nordegren.

We do not know if the troopers obtained medical information from hospital personnel. We do know the troopers have left the hospital.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0YMyfaMAA

it doesn't seem like he is getting the " oh he's a celeb so it must be nothing...let's ignore it" treatment. Maybe its because he is in Florida instead of California.

Well, maybe they are ego-bruised but I'm actually impressed that the cops are treating this as a serious matter REGARDLESS OF GENDER. Again, if it were a woman who had been stepping out on her husband and suddenly had a strange accident and lacerations all over her face, I'd want to believe that the cops would look into the possibility of domestic violence, even if she insisted that everything was totally fine.

Unfortunately, I don't think the cops care whether it is abuse or not. It is a public display of someone blatantly not talking to them. So the cops are making a public display of showing "they will get to the bottom of it no matter what". I guarantee if it was my husband and me, it would be, "let us know if we can be of assistance" - and they would move on.

In response to elin: If Tiger had talked to them initially - it would have all gone away.

Edited by branchop

Who Is Elin Nordegren, Otherwise Known as Mrs. Tiger Woods?

Posted Monday 30 November 03:45 PM By: PopEater Staff

A beautiful blonde Swedish model named Elin Nordegren married Tiger Woods, stood quietly by his side at golf tournaments and gave birth to his two children, while trying to remain out of the spotlight.

Now Nordegren is being thrust into the public eye after her husband crashed his car in their front yard, as speculation runs rampant as to what happened in the early morning on Friday, Nov. 27.

But what do we know about Mrs. Woods? The Daily Beast looks into Elin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her parents divorced when she was 6: Thomas Nordegren and Barbro Holmberg split in 1986.

She modeled but didn't make a career out of it: In her native Sweden, Nordegren modeled some. "She wasn't a high-profile model," a source from a New York-based agency explained to the Daily Beast.

After college, she became a nanny: Elin worked for Swedish golfer Jesper Parnevik. It was through him she would meet her future husband.

Elin and Tiger met in 2001, at the British Open: He asked her out through a friend, which didn't sit well with Nordegren. "Her reaction was, 'What the hell was that?' She thought it was so weird and pathetic. Of course she said no," a friend of the Parneviks told Sports Illustrated. (PUNK ASS)

Tiger persisted and would eventually win her over: Woods kept calling the Parneviks to convince Nordegren to go out with him and she finally said yes.

They found out they had a lot in common: She played sports and knew a lot about golf. "She was also conservative by nature, like him," a golf-industry source told the Daily Beast.

They married in a lavish 2004 ceremony: Their wedding and reception reportedly cost a cool $1.4 million.

She seemed like the perfect athlete's wife: "You could point to a thousand candidates for a professional athlete to choose from for a wife and she was maybe No. 1," the golf-industry source added.

They couple appeared to be fine: "I can only speak from their public appearances and very few private ones, but they seemed not to have any kind of conflict. What we think happened probably did, but there was no evidence of it. This wasn't like Dennis Rodman, who lived out his hostile relationships in the press," the golf-industry source said.

She doesn't speak to her father anymore: "I haven't spoken to her in the last few ... I don't want to go into that," Thomas Nordegren told the Associated Press in Sweden.

Her mother refuses to comment on the situation as well: "She doesn't want to comment on private issues like these," Barbro Holmberg's spokesperson said.