annabeast

Downton Abbey

I don't have TiVO but I do have a DVR through comcast. I've search both On Demand and all my stations for up to a week in advance and can't find a single episode, not even a rerun. It's been that way for awhile, which is why I haven't seen any episode at all.

The library is a great idea, though! I will check now.

ETA: Crap, they don't have it. I have been trying to find an episode here and there and yesterday I even found the first episode of Season 1 online, but it went 2 minutes before stalling. Oh well.

Edited by fykeylicious

I had a hard time finding it to record last year (I have a dvr with DirecTV, and Downton airs on my local PBS channel) The listings originally are for "Masterpiece Classics" and the titles didn't include the words "downton abbey" (they do now - the title of the TV program is still Masterpiece Classis but under "info" it shows the episode title as Downton Abbey. So I record all Masterpiece Classics (which is how I got hooked on Upstairs/Downstairs over the summer ;-) Have you tried searching for that? Good luck!!!!

I am so mad I can't watch this show! It's not On Demand, and I don't subscribe to netflix or hulu. And I'm not going to buy the seasons on DVD. I also tried to find it online but had no luck. I know I would love it, too.

So basically I just came into this thread to shake my virtual fist at all of you. Bah!

Fykey, I also have On Demand via Comcast. Downton Abby should be under the "TV Shows" category in On Demand under "D". I just checked and I'm looking at it right now...season 3 episode 1 is there. Of course, I don't know if On Demand listings are the same throughout the US?

I am so mad I can't watch this show! It's not On Demand, and I don't subscribe to netflix or hulu. And I'm not going to buy the seasons on DVD. I also tried to find it online but had no luck. I know I would love it, too.

So basically I just came into this thread to shake my virtual fist at all of you. Bah!

Fykey, I also have On Demand via Comcast. Downton Abby should be under the "TV Shows" category in On Demand under "D". I just checked and I'm looking at it right now...season 3 episode 1 is there. Of course, I don't know if On Demand listings are the same throughout the US?

Yep, I have that too, but the problem is I need to start wayyy back with Season 1. I've never been able to find it (although a year or two ago I wasn't aware I needed to search under Masterpiece Classic). Now I can find it, just not the first and second seasons.

My friend is thinking of buying the seasons on DVD, so if so she will lend them to me. Not that it matters - I watch enough stuff as it is, I'll get to it eventually. :D

I watch enough stuff as it is, I'll get to it eventually. :D

That's one of the reasons I don't rush to a theater to see a movie. If I want to see it, I'll get to it eventually......

I'm still trying to find the first series of Sherlock for free :rolleyes: It's not free on Amazon Prime and my library doesn't have it. I'm hoping BBCAmerica does a marathon of old episodes before a new series comes out, but then, I don't know when that will happen either.....

I watch enough stuff as it is, I'll get to it eventually. :D

That's one of the reasons I don't rush to a theater to see a movie. If I want to see it, I'll get to it eventually......

I'm still trying to find the first series of Sherlock for free :rolleyes: It's not free on Amazon Prime and my library doesn't have it. I'm hoping BBCAmerica does a marathon of old episodes before a new series comes out, but then, I don't know when that will happen either.....

Sherlock was on Netflix as of the other day. I rewatched the pilot last month. Fun show!

Yeah, but netflix isn't free (unless there's something I'm missing?) I can pay to stream it from Amazon too, but I'm cheap ;-)

Just wanted to mention that you can always join Netflix streaming for a month or two and watch all you want. You'll certainly get your 7.99/month worth.

I finished Upstairs/Downstairs and am now caught up on the 1st two episodes of Downton. Yes, Shirley Maclaine was adorable! Love her & Maggie Smith together. Of course, I would love Maggie Smith acting with a houseplant, but still....I'm thankful that Series 3 looks better than Series 2...

And I just finished Brideshead Revisited. Wow. But fairly depressing. Jeremy Irons is pretty darn amazing, particularly the change in him once he is in the army. Subtle, but discernable, particularly in the final scenes.

Saw some comments from Jeremy Irons over the weekend and was thinking that seeing Brideshead Revisited again might be fun. I read the book after I saw it the first time, then watched it again......

Saw some comments from Jeremy Irons over the weekend and was thinking that seeing Brideshead Revisited again might be fun. I read the book after I saw it the first time, then watched it again......

I was thinking about reading the book because although I think I get Charles' final conclusion about spitituality, I'm not entirely certain where the change took place, unless it was at Lord Marchmain's deathbed... but even that is probably far more clear in the book.

Wonderful news!

I just checked On Demand again on a whim and they've now put up the entire first and second seasons in addition to the third. So now I can FINALLY catch up!!

Wonderful news!

I just checked On Demand again on a whim and they've now put up the entire first and second seasons in addition to the third. So now I can FINALLY catch up!!

Yay! I am OBSESSED!!!!

Woohoo - I am all caught up just in time to catch the last two episodes of Season 3 with everyone else. What a commitment! I feel like I can get my life back now.

How many seasons have they filmed? That is, how far behind do we get the show over here?

Woohoo - I am all caught up just in time to catch the last two episodes of Season 3 with everyone else. What a commitment! I feel like I can get my life back now.

How many seasons have they filmed? That is, how far behind do we get the show over here?

Season 4 is supposed to start filming in February I believe. The UK will see it in early fall, we get it in January 2014. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/d..._n_2480826.html

Just read this character (O'Brien - highlight for spoiler) did not sign a contract for Season 4 and will not be returning. :censored: Honestly don't even know why I"m angry since I didn't like this character anyway, but the show will definitely not be the same.

I know what you are talking about and I agree. Most of the (dark) comedy of the show will be lost without this character. At least Maggie Smith is still there to bring the LOLs.

Edited by Silliness

Who knew period pieces could have so much smut?

Anyone who has ever read historical fiction :4biggrin: Has always been a favorite of mine!!! I'll have to add Forsyte Saga to my viewing list.

Tried watching Cranford on PBS/Masterpiece classic but I think it was the 2nd part (Return to Cranford) and it didn't engage me. Maybe if I had seen it in order. Because I adore Dame Judi Dench....

Parade's End is another I'm looking forward to! Benedict Cumberbatch!!

I'll have to look for that one.

I JUST finished up with Forsyte Saga, and the ending was just stunning, a beautifully written and acted scene of closure and redemption. Damian Lewis is phenomenal as Soames Forsyte. You alternate between despising him and then seeing the human side that breaks your heart. I highly recommend this series.