Kath

Version 4.0... Who'll Split Next

Who'll Officially Split in 2013?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh, I wish Gwynnie & Chris would split - that would make me smile

However, they've both cheated and I think they've shown they have one of those marriages where they just stick together, no matter what, just bc. Goopie wants to lord her lack of divorce over others (especially Madonna) and Chris likes both having a family life and being allowed to play on the side.

Oh, I wish Gwynnie & Chris would split - that would make me smile

However, they've both cheated and I think they've shown they have one of those marriages where they just stick together, no matter what, just bc. Goopie wants to lord her lack of divorce over others (especially Madonna) and Chris likes both having a family life and being allowed to play on the side.

That's exactly why I couldn't vote for them, or Ben Affleck/Jennifer Garner, or Gwen Stefani/Gavin Rossdale. They probably SHOULD split, but I doubt they ever will.

I went with Nicole Kidman/Keith Urban because I think they are the most likely to actually go through with a split.

I went with Nicole Kidman/Keith Urban because I think they are the most likely to actually go through with a split.

There's some Blind Item out at the moment about a couple on the verge of splitting but she asked him to wait 'til she was done promoting some project she has in the works; most think it's about Nic & Keith so that's why I picked them.

I was torn between Fergie/Josh and Natalie Portman/ that guy she married. I went with Natalie and that guy. If Fergie didn't ditch Josh after Atlanta Hookergate a few years ago...why would she do it now? (now that I typed that, Fergie and Josh will probably divorce next :1smile: )

There are quite a few couples on there that I don't at all think will split: Ben and Jen (religious reasons on his part), Brian and Megan (I think there is an odd symbiosis there), the Beckhams.

Chose Ben and Jen only because Garner and J.J. Abrams seem to have an unnatural obsession with each other. I seriously doubt Garner is into Abrams farther then the next movie he can put her in, But I could see it as causing a breakup.

This is what I'm talking about.

Edited by alpierce

There are quite a few couples on there that I don't at all think will split: Ben and Jen (religious reasons on his part)...

Is Ben Religious?!?

Guess with her recent plastic surgery or whatever she did to her face, she fell on the crazy/hot axis and he didn't want to deal with her anymore?

BTW - brothers named Dario and Mario? What were those parents thinking???

Edited by Hoyaheel

And the dark horse wins!!!

Ashley Judd Splits from Husband Dario Franchitti

01/29/2013 at 08:05 PM EST

people article here.

Thank you! I heard this on tv while I was cooking last night and it didn't go into my short term memory. I knew if I came here someone would have the answer.

I hate to see people break up a marriage. I'm old fashioned that way.

There are quite a few couples on there that I don't at all think will split: Ben and Jen (religious reasons on his part)...

Is Ben Religious?!?

I think he is Catholic.

Off topic, but in my previous life (in England) I worked at a hospital and one of the junior doctors told me that he knew two brothers in University: Andrew Ness and Peter Ness. Which doesn't sound strange until you use their initials instead of their first names.

Off topic, but in my previous life (in England) I worked at a hospital and one of the junior doctors told me that he knew two brothers in University: Andrew Ness and Peter Ness. Which doesn't sound strange until you use their initials instead of their first names.

Oh that's just unfortunate!!!

Is Ben Religious?!?

I think he is Catholic.

LOL! Thanks for the laugh!! Catholics THINK they are so religious!

Is Ben Religious?!?

I think he is Catholic.

I notice Ben the oh-so-religious doesn't appear to have a problem with pre-marital sex or adultery.....

Is Ben Religious?!?

I think he is Catholic.

I notice Ben the oh-so-religious doesn't appear to have a problem with pre-marital sex or adultery.....

I remember some blind (believed to be them) about how she desperately tried to keep up with him intellectually, and a side note to the story was that because of his Catholicism, he would never divorce. I'm not Catholic, but I've got quite a few friends who are, and this rings true to me. Evidentally, divorce is a mortal sin, but adultery is not??? Maybe it is because of the kids... aren't they damned to hell if their parents divorce or something like that? (or is that an annullment...)

I'm not Catholic either but my mom was raised Catholic and I went to a Catholic university (not because of her - she'd LONG left the church by the time I was born - I went to Georgetown for its academics ;-) But as a result, I learned a lot about Catholicism. And the hypocrisy - both of the religion and some of its followers - never ceases to amaze me. Splitting hairs over the level of some sins amazes me....

I'm really torn on the divorce issue - as a child of multiple divorces - I do think some couples don't try hard enough to stay married. Though I think part of the problem is that people get married without counseling and/or at least discussions about common goals and lives together. I also feel that staying together just for the kids isn't the answer either.....But now I'm really far afield, so back to work ;-)

Edited by Hoyaheel

I think Ben, regardless of his religion, is one of those dudes with a Madonna/Whore complex. He likes it that Jennifer dresses quite dowdily most of the time, doesn't wear makeup, wears sweats and raises his little girls in wholesome clothes, etc. And then he has affairs with gorgeous bombshells (hey, even if you don't think Blake's gorgeous, she certainly is tall, leggy, blonde, young). Gwyneth Paltrow said that his ideal woman was a stripper with a beer in each hand.

According to Ted, back in the day, Jennifer knew that her greatest fans were middle American moms who appreciated a good looking, super-rich wife going around dressed in GAP and Target. Jennifer also knows that while these women "forgave her" her first divorce, she had to keep her slutty end-of marriage, pre-Ben behavior quiet and that they wouldn't "forgive her" a second divorce, especially not with little children involved.

Ben also realises that Jennifer's mass market appeal helps him get closer to the Oscar recognition he craves, which is why there are always lots more photos of them together, looking happy when he's got a possible Oscar nod in the works. There've also been thoughts that he might be interested in becoming more politically involved and that Jennifer would make one of those ideal attractive-but-approachable (or, approachable-SEEMING) political wives.

All in all, I think theirs is a "working marriage." They barely knew each other when she got pregnant and they married quickly & quietly. He's a tough dude to live with, she's an extremely ambitious woman who knows what she can and cannot expect from a husband like hers. If they divorce, I bet it won't be for many, many years. I don't think they're best friends or deeply in love but they both get enough of what they think they need that they won't go anywhere else for a long time.

I'm not Catholic either but my mom was raised Catholic and I went to a Catholic university (not because of her - she'd LONG left the church by the time I was born - I went to Georgetown for its academics ;-) But as a result, I learned a lot about Catholicism. And the hypocrisy - both of the religion and some of its followers - never ceases to amaze me. Splitting hairs over the level of some sins amazes me....

I'm really torn on the divorce issue - as a child of multiple divorces - I do think some couples don't try hard enough to stay married. Though I think part of the problem is that people get married without counseling and/or at least discussions about common goals and lives together. I also feel that staying together just for the kids isn't the answer either.....But now I'm really far afield, so back to work ;-)

You said it Hoya. Love that annulment thing they have going on. It's great when an annulment happens, even though there are children that were born into the annulled marriage.

WEll, Fergi & Josh have announced that they're expecting. Maybe a baby will delay the inevitable for a little while...?