princess

Jennifer Lawrence

Posted Image

Jennifer Lawrence, Newly Brunette, Goes Without Makeup in Hawaii: Pictures

Celebrity Beauty February 28, 2013 AT 10:00AM By Nicole Eggenberger

US Mag

Good to see Jennifer Lawrence finding a little time to relax! After winning the Academy Award for Best Actress on Sunday, Feb. 24, the Silver Linings Playbook star dyed her hair dark and headed to Hawaii the very next day to film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

Lawrence, 22, was photographed hanging out with a friend on her hotel balcony in the tropical location on Wednesday, Feb. 27. The two pals enjoyed a bottle of wine and a few laughs while taking in the ocean view. In one sweet shot, the girlfriends gave each other big hugs.

After looking super glamorous (and taking an instantly gif-ed spill) in a Dior Haute Couture gown at the Oscars, the actress let her true beauty shine by going makeup free and wearing comfy clothing.

Posted Image

Jennifer Lawrence and a friend in Hawaii on February 27, 2013.

Credit: FameFlynet

On the Oscars red carpet, the Hunger Games star said her post-Oscar plans included returning immediately to work to finish filming the highly anticipated sequel, Catching Fire. "I go get my hair dyed for Catching Fire reshoots and fly to Hawaii tomorrow morning," she told reporters. "[We'll be there for] two weeks," she said. "[it's] not reshoots, they're just scenes we haven't finished."

But Lawrence had hopes she'd find a little down time. "I see my couch. I see TV," she told Us Weekly. "I see a bottle of wine!"

Posted Image

Jennifer Lawrence and a friend in Hawaii on February 27, 2013.

Credit: FameFlynet

I know nothing about her personal life, is she gay? Not that I haven't had a vacation with a girlfriend, sat out on a patio drinking wine and gossiping in our pj's which is what this pic could be.

C'mon - show the photos with the joint & bottle of wine on the balcony!!! I always hug everyone when I'm stoned!!!! Or drunk on red wine, for that matter ;-)

(she was dating Nicholas Hoult for a couple years - they just broke up in the fall and I was bummed as I thought they were adorable and seemed well suited to each other)

Edited by Hoyaheel

I read all three Hunger Games books over the Thanksgiving holiday, just loved the books. Have not seen the first movie yet, how did Jennifer do in the part?

Have not read nor seen the movies :unsure: I own a couple of the books (ebooks) but......Maybe on my summer vacation ;-)

I flew out to Idaho to visit family, which is why I was reading a lot over the Thanksgiving holiday. The two boys 11 and 13 thought I was super cool for reading Hunger Games, so I got bonus points (in addition to being their cool cousin from California :D ). They said the Capital in the movie looks just like what they thought it would like like when they read the books, including how crazy the people were dressed. I was just thrilled the boys thought reading was cool at all :D

In my opinion, she was too old to play Katniss. I've only seen the movie but she is portraying a 16 year old and she looks like a 30 year old. Which is why I think she was cast opposite a 40 year old man in SLP. I honestly thought there was going to be some twist where they find out she isn't really 16 but it never came. As far as her acting goes, she did fine. I don't think it was her best performance but that isn't entirely her fault. Her character is a quiet type. Also a good portion of the movie feels like she is just wandering around in a haze or is passed out in the woods. As far as the visuals go, the movie is very entertaining.

Edited by Silliness

I thought the movie was just ok.

I agree JLaw was too old, but she didn't bother me as much as Hutcherson did playing Peeta. He is not a blond, and he looked dumb. Also, the scene where he blends himself into the tree was a bit laughable. Peeta was the worst for me, though; I thought the rest of the actors did really well in their roles.

However, I thought the visuals were good (as Silliness said) and the movie moves so fast that you hardly have time to catch your breath before it's over. As long as you aren't expecting so see the best movie of your life, you won't be disappointed.

I think this is a case of Jlaw having the right 'friends' (if you take my meaning) in hollywood, and hollywood giving what they think the audience wants. I haven't read the books and have no intention of doing so, but I have heard online that Katniss is a woman of color in the books. So, the fact that Jlaw got a role of a tweenie, when Jlaw herself is visibly older,to portray a character who is a woman of color, screams of, well, you know, her having hollywood 'friends'.

I wouldn't doubt there was a focus group somewhere that said ticket sales would be better if Katniss were white then if Katniss was a woman of color.

but I have heard online that Katniss is a woman of color in the books.

I didn't catch that at all when reading the books, did I miss it?? :3huh:

Aren't her mom and sister blonde in the Book? The color "controversy" was that many people were upset that the girl playing Rue was black. Some very VERY nasty things were said about it online. The fact of the matter is that she was black in the book, but a lot of people missed that entirely. That was a very big deal when the movie cast came out.

Edited by dixiedoodah

I didn't catch race at all when reading the books, for what it's worth. Considering it's suppose to be post apocalyptic, in my head everyone is a brown (because so few people left, breeding caused us all to be the same color) :D

There was some controversy about Katniss too when Jennifer Lawrence was first announced. In the book she's described as having straight black hair, olive skin, and gray eyes. I don't think she was meant to be a woman of color (as someone else pointed out, her sister was blonde) but she was supposed to have a darker complexion.

I didn't catch race at all when reading the books, for what it's worth. Considering it's suppose to be post apocalyptic, in my head everyone is a brown (because so few people left, breeding caused us all to be the same color) :D

That would be a good thing.