Sign in to follow this  
Silliness

Luther

Anyone else eagerly anticipating Season 3 of Luther? Filming completed on February 10th but there is no airdate scheduled yet. Rumor has it that *spoiler* Alice will be back. highlight to see spoiler.

Here some info on the new season:

Series 3 began filming last November and sees Luther “under intense pressure, with two conflicting crimes to investigate and a ruthless ex-copper determined to bring him down.”

Sienna Guillory (Resident Evil) will play Luther's new love interest, Mary, who works in a vintage clothes shop and meets Luther in a chance encounter.

Idris Elba, who plays Luther, commented: “I want to thank the fans for waiting so patiently for the new season. We’re thrilled to deliver it to you. Here comes John!”

Four new 60-minute episodes will air on BBC One later this year.

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/galleries/61...mpletes-filming

Edited by Silliness

I am so glad there is another fan. Yeah I am sad about the four episodes, but I try to think positively that I would rather have 8 quality hours of television that the 23 hours of crap that shows like Revenge have been putting out this season. I just hope that they can continue to do more season despite Idris is getting so much more work.

I adore Alice. I think she is my favorite villian of all time. Maybe not of all time- but she is such an intriguing character. One that I haven't really seen before and I think that is what makes her so fascinating. I kind of hope she doesn't get her own show which rumored. I just don't think I would like her character as well without the sizzling chemistry between her and Luther. But I will watch either way!

When they announce the new season, I am going to have to rewatch the whole thing again. It has been so long since I watched I can't remember much about the other characters.

Season 3 starts soon on BBC America, but I couldn't wait and watched it already. What a scary season! Probably the scariest so far. There was one scene in the first story that made me almost pee my pants, because it is like my worst fear. The stories were really tight. However, I missed Alice. I felt like without that comedic relief it was just a bit too much on the horror side for me. My husband didn't agree entirely, but agrees that when Alice is on screen the whole show gets taken up a notch. Idris Elba knocked it out of the park. He is truly amazing. I hope that they do another season. I know he is pushing hard for a movie, but I don't understand how they would do that. If people don't have the backstory of Alice, then I don't think the movie would make sense to people that had never watched Luther. Plus, I don't want to spoil anything, but I think the movie would have to be a prequel of sorts.

I went back and watched Seasons 1 and 2 prior to 3 and I remember that it had taken me some time to get into the show. Like 3 episodes. Now that I know all of the characters, I realized that those first three episodes were really fantastic and the action really starts from the first scene. The dialog is packed with nuggets of info that I didn't catch the first time. I guess for me it just took me some time to figure out all the players and motivations and so that is why it took me so long to get into the show the first time. So if you haven't watched Season 1 and 2 in a while, I highly recommend going back and catching up. You will not be disappointed.

I hope we can talk more about this amazing season after it airs here.

I know I am so late :unsure:...I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this series! Idris Elba as a detective with issues was wonderful. The ex-wife, his partner Justin, Alice, his boss...the were excellent.

• Like 1