Sign in to follow this  
princess

Wesley Snipes

EOnline.com WANTED! <strong>An arrest warrant is out for Wesley Snipes after he twice failed to submit to a paternity test</strong> requested by an Indiana woman who claims he fathered her 3-year-old son, reports the New York Post. The actor has previously denied he's the baby's daddy.

Snipes Set To Lose Second Florida Home in Tax Sting Action man Wesley Snipes is reportedly set to lose a second Florida home in a tax sting. The Blade star lost one estate in 2003 through a foreclosure sale and now he has another property at risk near Orlando, according to US news show Celebrity Justice. Officials claim the fallen star owes more than $23,000 in back taxes, interest and fines on the house. The property, assessed at $257,843, was scheduled to be auctioned off on Tuesday, but the sale has been rescheduled to June. It's one of many headaches for Snipes, who is also in the middle of a two-year-old paternity battle with an Indiana woman. Lanise Pettis, claims Snipes is the father of her son, Israel, and has demanded the actor take a DNA test. When Snipes failed to show for a court-ordered test, a warrant for his arrest was issued. The actor will now be arrested if he sets foot in New York, where the case is being tried. Meanwhile, Snipes has filed his own appeal to get out of the DNA test. http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-04-14/

Judge Tosses Snipes Paternity Suit By Josh Grossberg

Fri Oct 7, 6:19 PM ET

Wesley Snipes is off the hook.

A New York judge has dismissed a paternity suit against the Blade star after DNA tests determined he wasn't the man who fathered the child of an Indiana woman.

The lawsuit, filed in 2002 by Lanise Petits, claimed Snipes had ducked out of his parental responsibilities after having sex with her in a Chicago crack house in 2000 and fathering her 3-year-old son.

The 43-year-old thespian, who has a son and a daughter from two previous relationships, denied ever meeting or sleeping with the 33-year-old single mom. When Petits went to court insisting he submit to a paternity test to settle the matter, Snipes refused out of principle.

A warrant was issued by a New York Family Court for his arrest in March 2004 after he twice spurned an order to comply, but police never acted on it.

Snipes eventually fired back, suing the city and Petits seeking to have the arrest warrant invalidated and arguing the bogus allegations violated his civil rights. He claimed Pettis was an "obviously delusional" crack addict who is mentally ill and made similarly "fantastical" claims involving such celebrities as Prince, Oprah Winfrey, and Bill Cinton.

U.S. District Judge Loretta Preska however tossed his complaint, saying federal courts had no jurisdiction in the matter since it was a state court matter. She suggested Petits could pursue forcing the actor to roll up his sleeve and take the DNA test.

After it was revealed another man whose identity wasn't released did the impregnating, the city moved to dismiss Petits' suit against Snipes.

"The good Lord says 'thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor,'" a vindicated Snipes told reporters outside the courtroom. "These are the tenets I live by."

Snipes' attorney, Robert Bernhoft, told reporters he was happy with the dismissal but said his client would still press ahead with his civil suit against the woman for all the embarrassment it's caused him.

The next hearing in that suit is scheduled for late November in the U.S. Court of Appeals.

Good for him. If a gal is such a slut she cannot determine who the father of her child is and then puts any man through this crap, celeb or not, they should be punished by the courts. I wish Wesley good luck because its a crock of crap he had to go through this and spend all that money, regardless of having it, just to clear his name. I know he is no angel after what he was supposed to have done to Halle Berry back in the day. I just think its BS that men get put through the ringer like this all because some gal cant determine the father of her child such as Amber Frye and the poor bastard who believed he was the father of her first kid and grew attached and paid child support.............then finds out 4 years later it was not his kid in the first place. It just burns my britches.....there is too many forms of birth control out there these days and with AIDS and all the other diseases you think people would be smarter about getting pregnant, especially if you are bonking more than 1 person in a given period of time... but no....

:blink: Apologies in advance for the disgusting mental image (and photo too, for that matter). Found this on Janet Charlton's website. :ph34r: :o

FOOD AND SEX

Filed Under: Sex > Shoes! > Wesley Snipes

Posted Image

We were THRILLED to read about Wesley Snipes' sticky sex habits as told by a former lap dancer to the News of the World - because now we feel free to reveal what he does here in the US! According to the News, he met chatty Fran Murphy while filming his new movie "The Shooter" in Cardiff, Wales. Among other things, Fran revealed that Wesley happened to have "strawberries and a big jug of chocolate sauce in his hotel room." (That was NO coincidence, my dear) Fran started to nibble the strawberries but Wesley grabbed the sauce and poured it all over her and licked it off. Little did she know Wesley has a history of mixing food and sex. Years ago we were told that Snipes was addicted to both barbecue sauce and womens feet! A high priced Hollywood call girl told us that allegedly Wesley had a standing weekly appointment with her and their kinky sessions involved very little sex. He liked to sniff and fondle her high heeled shoes and topped off their dates by smothering her feet in barbecue sauce and licking it off!

Correct me if Im wrong but wasn it Wesley Snipes who beat up Halle Berry so bad she lost her hearing on the wright side (some years ago)....????

Correct. He supposedly caught her in bed with Spike Lee or someone. <_<

Correct me if Im wrong but wasn it Wesley Snipes who beat up Halle Berry so bad she lost her hearing on the wright side (some years ago)....????

Wait...will Google, but wasn't that her first husband...David somebody...baseball player? :unsure: Okay...sorry, my bad. Googled and well...besides BBQ sauce and whatever else, he's a complete misogynist. Gross. -_- Edited by poofball

Associated Press

Actor Wesley Snipes Accused of Tax Fraud

Tue Oct 17,10:58 AM ET

Movie actor Wesley Snipes was indicted Tuesday on eight counts of tax fraud accusing him of trying to cheat the government of $12 million in false refund claims.

Snipes, 44, also failed to file tax returns for six years, according to an indictment unsealed in Tampa, Fla.

Federal prosecutors said that Snipes fraudulently claimed refunds totaling nearly $12 million in 1996 and 1997 on income taxes already paid. The indictment also charged him with failure to file returns between 1999 and 2004.

According to the indictment, Snipes had his taxes prepared by accountants with a history of filing false returns to reap payments for their clients. As part of the deal, the indictment alleges, the firm, American Rights Litigators, would receive 20 percent of refunds from clients.

Snipes faces a maximum of 16 years in prison.

Snipes, who had a home in Windermere, Fla., has not been arrested because authorities don't know where he is, the IRS said.

In 2002, the Justice Department sued a Florida tax preparer who it said filed bogus tax refund claims, including a $7.3 million demand for Snipes.

Snipes was not named as a defendant in that case, but the lawsuit said the preparer's largest claim was an amended income tax return filed on behalf of the actor and dated April 14, 2001. The return requested a $7,360,755 refund for taxes paid in 1997. The return said that Snipes' adjusted gross income was zero, according to the lawsuit.

It said the preparer, Douglas P. Rosile Sr., told clients that only income from foreign sources was subject to taxation. The resolution of that lawsuit could not be immediately determined.

Snipes is the star of the star of the "Blade" trilogy and as well as films such as Spike Lee's "Jungle Fever," and the 1992 blockbuster, "White Men Can't Jump."

In 2005, South Africa refused to admit him after officials said he tried to enter the country with a forged passport.

___

Associated Press Writer Phil Davis in Tampa contributed to this report.

I really have to laugh at people who get caught cheating on taxes. It really isn't a joke when you hear someone say that's how they got Capone. With all the terrible crimes Capone committed, they got him on tax evasion. Why in the world does anyone else think they can get away with it?

I did NOT know that. Disgusting.

Snipes Found in Namibia

Actor is shooting a horror film in Africa

'The warrant for Wesley Snipes' arrest has led authorities to the land of Shiloh Jolie-Pitt's birth.

The "Blade" actor, who's been indicted for tax fraud, is currently shooting a film in Namibia, which has no extradition treaty with Washington, reports Reuters.

"It is confirmed. He is definitely here," says Edwin Kanguatjivi, chief executive officer of the Namibia Film Commission. "He has been in Namibia since the end of August."

Snipes is filming "Gallowwalker," a horror-western in which he plays a gunman whose victims return from the dead. The project is shooting in the Namibian desert close to where Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were hiding out for the birth of their child in May.

The actor is wanted on an indictment that alleges he filed false refund claims of about $12 million and failed to file tax returns for six years. He faces a maximum of 16 years in prison if he's convicted on all counts.

It's not certain what the United States will do in this situation regarding the lack of formal extradition treaty with Namibia. In an unrelated case, U.S. officials are going to request Namibia for the extradition of another man, fugitive U.S. software millionaire Jacob "Kobi" Alexander, to face charges of manipulating stock options.

Snipes to Continue Filming in Namibia

Wesley Snipes will continue filming as planned in Namibia despite the U.S. warrant for his arrest on tax fraud charges, the producer of "Gallowwalker" said Monday.

Joanne Reay said Snipes, who is the lead actor in the movie, was on location in the desert near the town of Swakob. Reay said Snipes had traveled to Namibia to shoot the film and not to flee U.S. justice. She said the plan was to stay until the third week in December.

"As far as we understand, Wesley is not going to be arrested in Namibia," she told The Associated Press.

"We are shooting and we are continuing to shoot," said Reay. "We are aware of the issue around the tax charges but we are not discussing it."

Snipes, 44, was indicted last week on eight counts of tax fraud, accused of trying to cheat the government out of nearly $12 million in false refund claims and not filing returns for six years. If convicted of all the charges, he could face 16 years in prison.

At the time, prosecutors said they couldn't arrest Snipes because they didn't know where he was.

Reay said Snipes wasn't staying at the luxury lodge near Swakob where Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt awaited the birth of their daughter, Shiloh Nouvel, earlier this year.

According to the indictment, Snipes had his taxes prepared by accountants with a history of filing false returns to reap payments for their clients. The firm, American Rights Litigators, would receive 20 percent of refunds from clients, according to the indictment.

Prosecutors said Snipes fraudulently claimed refunds totaling nearly $12 million in 1996 and 1997 on income taxes already paid.

The star of the "Blade" trilogy, "Jungle Fever" and "White Men Can't Jump" was also charged with failure to file returns from 1999 through 2004.

Producers of Wesley Snipes' new movie, "Gallowwalker," are hoping that U.S. marshals won't come calling on the desert set in Namibia. Producer Joanne Reay says that, even though the actor is wanted for tax fraud in America, he plans to stay until the third week in December. "As far as we understand, Wesley is not going to be arrested in Namibia," she told the AP. …

What I find most shocking is that he has $12 million. Or owes that much.

Although, I find it kind of sad that when I saw this thread, I immediately thought: "What woman is he beating now?" He's reprehensible human being, and I really don't like any of his movies whatsoever. We all know the saving grace of White Men Can't Jump was Rosie Perez and the best part of To Wong Foo was...well, nothing. That movie is the biggest trainwreck I have ever seen.

I can't wait until he hits rock bottom and ends up on the Surreal Life or has a Newlywed show with Omarossa.

this is weird..... :huh:

from here

On March 14, 2004, the Law Firm of Robert G. Bernhoft, 207 E Buffalo Street, Suite 600, Milwaukee, WI 53202, contacted me and explained that they represented the movie celebrity, Wesley Snipes, with regard to the paternity case that has been the source of significant tabloid press. They advised me that the case had gotten to the point that Wesley Snipes could be arrested for refusing to submit to a paternity test.

Frankly, I couldn't rationalize that. The fact that Wesley Snipes chose to incur enormous expense, and subject himself to the possibility of arrest, along with the further adverse publicity that would invariably be attendant thereto, by refusing to take a simple paternity test, made no sense at all to me, and I said so.

Although I acknowledge that every accused person, and/or criminal defendant, is entitled to the best possible defense, that is not the business that I choose to be in. Further, having dealt with three preschoolers as a single parent, I am not a person to be sympathetic towards those who evade parental responsibilities.

I suggested that Atty. Bernhoft look elsewhere.

Atty. Bernhoft observed that all I knew was what I had seen in the tabloids, reminded me that I have never been a celebrity, or a member of any class challenged by ethnicity, and assured me that there was more to this than I saw; he persuaded me to accept the case.

What I found, I didn't like.

I talked to her family, her former boyfriend, and I ultimately interviewed her. As it turns out, Lanise Pettis wasn't lying.

Lanise Pettis (Born in 1971) wasn't lying about Wesley Snipes being her cousin, and the father of Israel Pettis. Although the prosecutors didn't see fit to bring it up for obvious reasons, she didn't lie when she told me about her belief that they actually have nine children together, one of whom is the actor Brandon Hammond (Born 1984), and another -- the super model, Tyra Banks (Born 1973).

When Ms. Pettis explains that Wesley Snipes secretly married her many years ago when she was little more than a child, she believes it, and when she talks about the government agents who arrived in black helicopters, and demanded that they never mention the marriage, she isn't lying about that either.

Likewise with the others -- Wesley Snipes does not define the limits of her celeb relationships. She told us about Denzel Washington, Michael Jordan, Oprah Winfrey, Prince . . . and she even talks about partying with President Clinton. He's her cousin too!

Lanise Pettis isn't lying, she has no evil motive, this isn't about money or stealing 15 minutes of fame at someone else's expense - she is just profoundly delusional.

I found myself wondering, "How sloppy, how inept - how remarkably gullible would the LaPorte Prosecutors Office have to be to go forward with a case based on this?"

It gets worse.

There's more at the above link.

Man Indicted With Snipes Due in Court

AP

One of two men indicted with actor Wesley Snipes on eight counts of tax fraud charges was scheduled to appear in a Florida federal court Wednesday, federal authorities said.

Eddie Ray Kahn was detained in Panama on Tuesday and flown back to Florida.

Kahn, who once lived in Sorrento, is accused of promoting tax-evasion schemes through his now-defunct entities, Guiding Light of God Ministries and American Rights Litigators.

According to the Oct. 17 indictment, Snipes used Kahn's tax packages to unsuccessfully claim nearly $12 million in refunds for taxes he paid in 1996 and 1997. Snipes had his taxes prepared by accountants with a history of filing false returns to reap payments for their clients, reports said. As part of the deal, the indictment alleges, the firm, American Rights Litigators, would receive 20 percent of refunds from clients.

Snipes, who had a home in Windermere near Orlando, remains a fugitive. He is apparently in Namibia working on a film. Federal officials have said they are negotiating with Snipes' attorneys to have him surrender.

Douglas Rosile, a Venice, Fla., an accountant who worked on Snipes' taxes, was released by a federal judge in Ocala after he surrendered to authorities Oct. 17.

All three men face conspiracy-to-defraud charges.

___

Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com

From imdb.com

Snipes Reaches Settlement on Tax Charges

Wesley Snipes has reached a settlement with the Internal Revenue Service in the US regarding his tax fraud charges. The agreement will likely see Snipes surrender to federal authorities when he next returns to America. In return for agreeing to a payment plan, Snipes will not be jailed and will be allowed both to continue working and to travel abroad. According to a October 17 indictment, Snipes tried to unsuccessfully claim nearly $12 million in false refunds for taxes he paid in 1996 and 1997. The Blade star had his taxes prepared by accountants with a history of filing false returns to reap payments for their clients. Snipes is currently in Namibia shooting the horror film Gallowwalker. The film's director Andrew Goth says, "We are happy that he continues to turn up on set each day. If his indictment creates this amount of press, it shows he is a star."

Patty Jackson 4-1-1

Wesley Snipes says it’s unfair that the I.R.S. is going after him, and they are only doing it because he is black. He says he is not running, and he is not a fugitive. Snipes owes the I.R.S. over $12 million in back taxes. Once he returns from Africa, where he is filming a movie, he will have to deal with his tax issues.

From the AP today...

Wesley Snipes arrested in tax fraud case

ORLANDO, Fla. - Wesley Snipes surrendered to authorities Friday on tax fraud charges, two months after he was indicted, said federal officials and a publicist for his new film.

Snipes flew on a private jet from Namibia, where he is filming "Gallow Walker," to an Orlando airport to turn himself in, said Ian Thompson, a spokesman for Sheer Films, which is producing the movie. U.S. Attorney's spokesman Steve Cole in Tampa confirmed the arrest.

After a morning appearance in federal court in Ocala, Snipes planned to return to Africa to finish the movie, Thompson said from his London office.

Snipes was charged in October with fraudulently claiming refunds totaling nearly $12 million in 1996 and 1997 on income taxes already paid. The star of the "Blade" trilogy and other films was also charged with failure to file returns from 1999 through 2004.

According to the indictment, Snipes had his taxes prepared by accountants with a history of filing false returns to reap payments for their clients. The firm, American Rights Litigators, would receive 20 percent of refunds from clients, according to the indictment.

The 44-year-old actor has said he is a scapegoat and was unfairly targeted by prosecutors. If convicted, he faces up to 16 years in prison.

"Gallow Walker," a cowboy picture, will be completed next week and released sometime next fall, Thompson said. Snipes' arrest wasn't expected to delay the film, he said.

The 44-year-old actor has said he is a scapegoat and was unfairly targeted by prosecutors. If convicted, he faces up to 16 years in prison.

Did he get caught with a fake passport from another country not that long ago? I have the feeling that he's more than just a scapegoat.

Did he get caught with a fake passport from another country not that long ago? I have the feeling that he's more than just a scapegoat.

I think you're right about that. Plus, I have a very hard time believing someone was unfairly targeted when they owe $12M in back taxes!!!!

From imdb.com

Snipes Set Free After Posting Bail

Actor Wesley Snipes was set free by a Florida judge on Saturday morning after posting $1 million in bail related to federal tax evasion charges leveled against him. The 44-year-old star appeared in a federal courthouse in Ocala, Florida after flying in on a private jet from Namibia where he is filming the cowboy movie Gallowwalker. He pleaded not guilty to charges he fraudulently claimed refunds totalling nearly $12 million from taxes he paid in 1996 and 1997. The federal indictment accuses Snipes of using an accounting firm known for filing false returns in exchange for 20 percent of all the money refunded and he is also charged with failing to file any tax returns from 1999 to 2004. Snipes' attorney Billy Martin said outside the courthouse, "Mr. Snipes left America to begin filming Gallowwalker long before this indictment was returned. We want to make it clear that he did not avoid returning to the United States. He's always been ready to return and he did not flee." Snipes added, "I wanna say thanks to everybody, thanks to all of the fans out there for showing support. I look forward to clearing my name and resolving this issue post-haste." The actor is returning to Africa to continue working on the film. He faces up to 16 years in prison if convicted on the charges.