Sign in to follow this  
princess

Avril Lavigne

people.com

BOOKED: Avril Lavigne, 19, has finalized details of her upcoming "secret tour" of U.S. shopping malls, reports Billboard. The trek to 21 cities begins March 4 in Minneapolis, and the singer will be joined by guitarist Evan Taubenfeld, co-writer of several tracks on her second album, "Under My Skin" (due May 25). In the midst of the run, Lavigne will perform April 3 on the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards in Los Angeles and April 4 at Canada's Juno Awards.

SHE'S NO MALL RAT

people.com

Posted Image

Avril Lavigne is seeing a lot of malls on her current promotional tour ? and that's unusual for the 19-year-old singer. "I never go to malls to shop for clothes," Lavigne tells Daily Insider. "I'll go if I need, like, a toaster ? I'll go to, like, the Bay ? do you have that in America? ? it's like Sears. I'll go to the big store at the end of the malls ? what do you call those, like, Macy's? But no, I don't usually go to malls." Lavigne does admit to occasionally feeling the call of the food court, though: "When I'm in Canada, "I'll go to the mall to get poutine (French fries soaked in a creamy gravy), because that's the only place you can get it." As for acquiring her skater-chic fashions, the self-proclaimed punk doesn't mind the star treatment. "Sometimes I have, like, a person, if I'm really busy and I need clothes and I don't have time to (shop), I have this one girl who's my stylist, who's really cool. I tell her what kinds of clothes I want, and she goes and gets them for me." Lavigne's new album, Under My Skin, hits stores May 25.

EOnline.com UNDER OUR SKIN: Avril Lavigne's sophomore effort, Under My Skin, debuted at No. 1 on Billboard's domestic album chart with 380,507 units sold--her best first week ever.

AVRIL LAVIGNE: HAPPIER, HEALTHIERJune 10, 2004 Provided by: [star Online]Canadian-born pop singer Avril Lavigne, 19, follows up her 2002 debut album, Let Go -- which sold 14 million copies -- with Under My Skin. The introspective album showcases a more feminine and mature Avril, who co-wrote the songs. Star caught up with the punk princess before her May 24 concert, which was broadcast live on AOL for Broadband, at New York City's Webster Hall.Q: What gets under your skin?A: What's under my skin? Bones -- ha ha! My friend came up with that.Q: Do you feel different in a skirt versus pants and a tie?A: When I wear a skirt, I feel older, more sophisticated. I'm always crossing my legs and when I'm not, I'm [slouches]. Most of the time, I just want to be comfortable, but I'm a chick, and I feel like wearing skirts every once in a while.Q: Say something positive about Britney Spears.A: I've totally lost respect for her, and I think a lot of people have. She's gone too far. Something positive that I can say about Britney? I think she's probably a really strong person, because she's had to go through a lot. Trust me, it's extremely difficult to have people judging you.Q: So you're on a new low-sugar diet?A: I have huge mood swings, so I'm totally healthy now and I feel a lot better. I was eating really badly. I'd be drinking beer every night, eating mozzarella sticks and chips and drinking pop all the time. I felt like crap, so I decided to be healthy now. If I drink a glass of orange juice, I'm like this [feigns being lethargic]. But I have my moments when I have McDonald's. I can't have coffee. It's sooo bad for you; it's just artificial. And I'm not calling myself a hardcore vegetarian, but I stopped eating most meat.Q: Your new song "Don't Tell Me" is pro-abstinence.A: It's basically about having respect for yourself and being able to say no. I mean, so many guys try to pressure girls into doing it. Because, I think, 70 percent or 80 percent of girls who've had sex didn't want to. Girls are going through that at a younger age now.Q: Do you see yourself as a role model?A: I'm not trying to be. I don't like to be. It's just that for some people, I am.-- JENNIFER BIRN

Posted Image

Avril Lavigne, with champagne in hand, gets cozy with Sum 41 singer Deryck Whibley at the afterparty for the Much Music Video Awards (Canada's version of MTV) in Ontario on Sunday. The singer had every reason to celebrate: She won the favorite Canadian artist award.

Posted Image

Avril Lavigne enjoys the sun and the company ? Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley ? poolside at a Beverly Hills hotel Wednesday. Though the singer insists that she and her fellow Canadian rocker are just friends, these pictures speak volumes.

AVRIL'S LAVISH LIFESTYLEAugust 05, 2004 Provided by: [star Online]Avril Lavigne is just 19 years old, and already she's got so much dough that, according to a source, she's "willing to spend up to $15 million" for a new home. The source says that Lavigne recently looked at a few Beverly Hills homes, including one for $14.9 million (nicely within her range) that features 7 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, a pool, a spa, 7 fireplaces and yes, even a nightclub that accommodates 100 partiers. According to the source, she and boyfriend Deryck Whibley of Sum 41 "kissed in every room."

histar.comHas anyone else noticed that AVRIL LAVIGNE, who is only 19 years-old by the way... seems to be trying a little too hard to act grown up??? Here's just one more example... She tells the September issue of "Blender" magazine, "I've been known to run around naked when I'm trashed... One time, I was drinking whiskey and I was so loud somebody called the fire department." And they say celebrity ruins young people. Where could they possibly have gotten that from?

Alleged Stalker Targets Avril Lavigne

Monday Aug 30, 2004 8:00am EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

Posted Image

CREDIT: INFGOFF.COM

A man accused of harassing Avril Lavigne's parents and violating a court order by trying to contact the Canadian pop star has been charged with felony stalking.

Prosecutors claim James Speedy began his obsession in 2003 by writing the pop star, and then followed by writing her parents once he discovered where they lived, the Associated Press reports.

"He sent his letters by FedEx and complained when they were not answered," deputy prosecutor Janice Albert said in papers filed Friday in Snohomish County Superior Court. "He sent wine, photos, CDs and requests for contact. They never responded."

According to Albert, Speedy acknowledged in a June 2003 letter to the family that his behavior was comparable to a stalker's. A month later, Canadian police found Speedy parked in a car near the Lavigne residence, Albert said.

In another letter, which he allegedly referred to as a "courtesy notification," he wrote to say he was in Lavigne's hometown of Ontario but promised not to drive by her parents' house, spy on them or do "anything creepy."

Despite a Canadian anti-harassment order, Speedy contacted Lavigne's agent this past March about the possibility of attending her Seattle-area concert so he could "knock fists" with Lavigne.

Speedy was released on bail following his April 7 arrest. His arraignment is scheduled for Sept. 17.

histar.com

The British tabloids are claiming that SUM 41 singer DERYCK WHIBLEY got down on one knee to propose to AVRIL LAVIGNE last weekend... and she said YES. They haven't set a date yet, but they hope to get married sometime next year. Avril will be 20 on September 27th and Deryck is 24.

people.com

DENIED: Avril Lavigne, 20, and Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley are denying reports that they are engaged after dating since this summer, his managers say. Lavigne recently was photographed showing off a large ring to a friend in Bel Air and to partygoers at the Spider Club. Her camp refuses comment on personal matters, but a friend of the pair tells PEOPLE: "They're probably just messing around."

BITTER BEAU Page SixAVRIL Lavigne may be wearing a huge rock on her left hand, but she's not engaged to Sum 41 singer Deryck Whibley ? and to prove the point, she spent Wednesday night fooling around with Hoobastank frontman Doug Robb . Avril showed up at the World Music Awards after-party at the Hard Rock Hotel with Robb. The two, who had met the night before, were seen canoodling before leaving together. Meanwhile, Whibley's manager sent us this statement about the supposed engagement: "Deryck Whibley of Sum 41 is not engaged . . . If there was a picture that captured Deryck kneeling [in a proposal] it was more likely him bending over to pick up the crack pipe that fell out of a paparazzo's pocket."

Posted Image

ROCKING OUT

Avril Lavigne ? who recently has been showing off a large diamond ring on her left hand ? hits the dancefloor with Hoobastank frontman Doug Robb after winning at the World Music Awards in Las Vegas on Wednesday. Lavigne, who is dating Sum 41 vocalist Deryck Whibley, was named best rock/pop artist at the ceremony.

histar.comThe folks at Maxim magazine want some money from AVRIL LAVIGNE. Avril recently did a photo shoot for the magazine. However, while getting herself ready, she reportedly smashed bottles all over the floor of her dressing room and horrified onlookers by destroying a cabinet, picture frame and wardrobe. Lavigne has been asked to cough up $720 to cover the repair costs.

ROCK BAND'S GROUPIE REWARDS

sfgate.com

The members of Sum 41 love spending time with appreciative groupies after their shows, and often reward their roadies for bringing ladies backstage.

The Canadian rockers regularly indulge in backstage activities with their female fans, and have devised a method of paying back their tour crew for supplying them with women.

Frontman Deryck Whibley, who has been romantically linked to singer Avril Lavigne, tells FHM, "For 80 percent of bands, it's a total waste being a rock star. They think it's a cliche to take advantage of the many opportunities that are presented to them. Not us, though -- we take everything.

"When it comes to getting girls backstage, we give each of our road crew guys 10 passes. The key is to write the roadie's initials on them so when the girls come backstage, you know who to thank.

"We keep a chart too -- whoever brings back the best girl gets a point. When they get five points, we buy them a present. That's usually bottles of vodka or a big bag of weed."

Posted Image

TIME CHECK

With her hectic schedule (including her Bonez Tour 2004, kicking off in Dallas on Oct. 25), Lavigne admits, "It's always go, go, go." Good thing she's watching the clock at a cocktail party in Las Vegas hosted by record exec Clive Davis (on Sept. 14).

Posted Image

ROMAN HOLIDAY

Lavigne and her beau, Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley, slow down during a visit to Rome on June 3. Their tourist stops included The Colosseum and St. Peter's Square, all under the watchful eye of a bodyguard.

Posted Image

SHOP GIRL

Need a cart, Avril? The singer goes on a DVD-buying spree during a trip to a Sydney store Aug. 17. Among her purchases: the Julia Roberts weeper Stepmom, Wayne's World 2 and ? gasp! ? Britney Spears's film Crossroads.

Posted Image

IT'S LOVE

Courtney Love leaves her mark on Lavigne backstage at the 2004 World Music Awards in Las Vegas on Sept. 15. Lavigne, who cancelled a flight back to Los Angeles "to hang out and party with (rockers) Hoobastank" afterwards, walked away with best pop rocker honors.

Posted Image

LOUNGE ACT

"People think I'm this angry person and I'm not," says Lavigne, living it up with pals (including Whibley, second from left) at a soiree for the MuchMusic Video Awards in Toronto in June. The "Complicated" singer walked away with the people's choice award for favorite Canadian artist at the music channel's yearly event.

sfgate.comLAVIGNE BLASTS LIP-SYNCHERSAvril Lavigne has become the latest pop star to blast her lip-synching peers, calling them "pathetic."The Canadian singer was appalled by Ashlee Simpson's performance on last weekend's "Saturday Night Live," when she was caught miming to a backing track when her drummer programmed in the wrong tune.Speaking to music Web site Billboard.com, Lavigne says, "There are a lot of people out there today, who have become stars or famous musicians."I wouldn't really define them as a star with a record only because they have connections and only because they have money and for the wrong reasons. And it sucks."Actually, I know for a fact there are some young female artists who don't even sing on their own records and who don't sing live. And that is pathetic."In other news...Marilyn Manson is a reluctant mentor to teenage pop star Avril Lavigne -- because he thinks she's a "strange little girl."The Canadian "Sk8er Boi" singer claims the shock rocker was the inspiration behind her stage show.Manson is equally gushing, insisting Lavigne is a genuine talent -- but he's not sure he relates to his wannabe protegee.He says, "I haven't really figured her out."She's a strange little girl. We hung out several times. She really wanted my advice on everything from microphones to boyfriends."And stuff like that. I found it hard to relate, which I guess makes me seem older, or just in a different place than 'American Pie.' It's not my kind of movie."But I like her. I think she's nice. I think she's got the ability to go farther. I think she has the longevity. That's my opinion."

Posted Image

Avril Lavigne and her beau, Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley, make the shopping rounds in Beverly Hills on Sunday. The couple reportedly bought an antique rug.

Uh, I do not like her as a blond. -_-