princess

The Kardashians

I thought that was just speculation at this point - also mentioned as possibilities were Kai and Klementine, but I didn't think anything had been officially announced. Did I miss it??

ETA - let me stress I don't care if I've missed it. Just so we are all clear :D

No, no official word. A nurse from Cedars Sinai apparently leaked it?

oh, ok - thought my gossip game was slipping!

Personally I think they'll name her Keyonce so Kim can show her devotion to the one person she desperately needs acceptance from :D

I predict all of next week's covers will be James Gandalfini, displacing Kim and the baby, and causing Kim's head to explode right after she makes an inappropriate comment about said displacement on twitter.

Another conspiracy to add - she might have had preeclampsia and that's why they induced labor early

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/kim_early_...VdxOCNB6yjfdJkO

Kim Kardashian delivered her first child, weeks early, because doctors feared the reality TV star suffered from a potentially dangerous condition, best cured by inducing premature labor, according to published reports today.

Kardashian experienced severe swelling in the days before her baby was born on Friday and doctors feared mom had the complication preeclampsia, family sources told People magazine.

Women suffering from preeclampsia develop high blood pressure and protein in the urine after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

When the condition is severe, it can affect many organs and cause poor growth for the child, according to Baby Center.

The best cure is to deliver early, but only if the mom is at least 36 weeks along. Kardashian was at an estimated at 37 weeks when she delivered at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Southern California.

“It's a great sign that [the baby] is not in the ICU,” OB-GYN Dr. Shelena Lalji told People magazine.

The celebrity baby girl entered the world, weighing about five pounds. Baby K has been described as a Kardashian mini-me with dark hair and the same smile.

“I don’t think she [Kardashian] was scared,” a family friend told People. “She was just ready.”

The new mom has barely put down her baby since giving birth.

“For premature babies with no major complications, it’s very important that they are held close to the mother,” a hospital source said. “It helps them gain weight faster.”

Kardashian’s boyfriend and baby daddy Kanye West rushed to his girlfriend’s side just hours after returning from Art Basel in Switzerland.

He was spotted walking with the soon-to-be mom as she struggled with her contractions.

A witness told People, “The were quiet. Kanye seemed very supportive.”

The rapper had been holed up in Europe working and promoting his album “Yeezus” leading up to the delivery. Since becoming a dad, however, a Kardashian friend said that West “hasn’t left her side.”

Despite the early delivery, Kim’s sister Khloé Kardashian Odom tweeted that “Mommy/baby are healthy &resting.”

Page Six reported in April that Kardashian might not have been telling the truth about her due date.

During a baby shower for fashion stylist Monica Rose at Bagatelle LA, Kim was overheard saying she’s due in mid-June.

Edited by Hoyaheel

I predict all of next week's covers will be James Gandalfini, displacing Kim and the baby, and causing Kim's head to explode right after she makes an inappropriate comment about said displacement on twitter.

Who do I pay to make this come true?

I'll chip in too :D

I'll chip in too :D

I'll help! :4biggrin:

Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Name Baby Daughter North West, Nicknamed "Nori"

JUNE 20, 2013 | 10:52PM EDT

Full Size Image

Yep, it's true! Five days after Kim Kardashian and Kanye West** welcomed a baby girl, a source close to the reality star, 32, confirms to Us Weekly that the bundle of joy has been named, as long rumored, North West. The source adds that the "birth certificate is out," and that the little girl, born five weeks early, has no middle name.

The first child for Kardashian and the rapper, 35, already has a nickname, the source adds: "They will call her Nori for short."

Indeed, midday on Thursday, a second insider told Us that rumors of the couple's baby being named with a "K" a la her mom, aunts Kourtney Kardashian and Khloe Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner and grandmother Kris Jenner,** were false. (One prevalent rumor suggested that the baby was named Kaidence Donda West, taking her middle name from West's late mother Dr. Donda West.)

North was born ahead of schedule on June 15 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Beverly Hills. "Everybody is doing great," the insider adds of the family.

"The baby is so sweet. Kanye is in love. Kim's real due date was July 12 -- Kanye's mom's birthday. That warmed his heart."

This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Name Baby Daughter North West, Nicknamed "Nori"

Suddenly Maxwell Drew Johnson and Apple Martin don't seem quite as bad for girl names as they did 24 hours ago.....

Bring back Kaidence!!!!!

(North is just awful, but I like Nori. Should I be embarrassed?)

Edited by Hoyaheel

Nori is the Japanese word for the seaweed used for sushi.

Food names are prevalent in other cultures, so that doesn't bother me very much. I might be one of the few who wasn't aghast at "Apple" Martin. Plum, Cherry - I'm ok with these too.

Let me understand - they are saying the two syllable Nori is "short" for one syllable North?

My family is riddled with nicknames - mine included. But to say "for short"? I know it is one less letter, and I am being ridiculously particular, but really? In my pretentious family :D we say it is a nickname for the formal name of _______.

I saw one of those someecards on Facebook that said one thing on the effect of "So I guess we can refer to Kim's vijay jay as the Northwest Passage."

These people never hear the word no, do they? Please let someone say no to them in a hugely public way about something. Even when they do say no, Kanye grabs the mike to tell people you can't say no to what I want. Someone needs to bring them down a peg or two.

Lisa Marie Presley retains 100% sole personal ownership of Graceland Mansion itself and its over 13-acre original grounds and her father's personal effects - meaning costumes, wardrobe, awards, furniture, cars, etc.. She has made the mansion property and her father's personal effects permanently available for tours of Graceland and for use in all of EPE's operations.

The above is a quote from this article: http://www.elvis.com/about-epe/

I don't think Lisa Marie is likely to sell . . would love to know her reaction and Kanye's implication that the manision needs to be refurbished to "its formal glory."

You know, Kanye, you will never gain legitimacy by continually proving up the fact that your are complete horse' ass. I mean, you know the old saying?

Better to let people think the worst, then to open your mouth and confirm it.

Edited by tyler

The Devil Doesn’t Do Kardashians!

Vogue Editrix Anna Wintour ‘Less Than Enthusiastic’ About Unveiling Kim & Kanye’s Baby

http://radaronline.com

Kanye West may be yachting in gorgeous Greece – without Kim Kardashian and baby North – but he’s also busy trying to convince Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour that putting his baby mama and daughter on the cover is a good idea, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

“It’s no secret that Kanye is a huge fan of fashion, Vogue and especially Anna Wintour,” a source close to the musician told RadarOnline.

“But it’s also pretty well-known that Anna is NO fan of Kim or any reality star appearing in the pages of the magazine. Kanye is determined to make sure baby North isn’t photographed by paparazzi then splashed across the world. He knows what he wants — a professional photographer and the cover of Vogue – nothing else. But clearly, trying to persuade Anna is going to be an uphill battle.”

While West’s response from Wintour has been “non-pulsed” and “less than enthusiastic,” the Grammy-winning artist isn’t taking no for an answer. He’s compiled the latest magazine statistics that show reality stars on the covers of fashion publications – especially Kim – can make sales go through the roof.

A recent New York Times article reported that the bestselling Cosmopolitan magazine of the year was the April issue that featured Kim Kardashian on the cover with 1.2 million copies sold.

Last year, the Keeping Up With The Kardashians star scored a major milestone when she graced the cover of the July-August issue of L’Uomo Vogue, the magazine’s Italian men’s edition.

Kanye, who accompanied Kim on that photo shoot, is hoping that issue’s success will help sway Wintour to give Kim the cover of American Vogue.

Back in May, in a fashion slap heard around the world, Vogue editors famously cropped Kim out of its Best Dressed gallery when she appeared with Kanye on the Met Ball red carpet wearing the now famous and universally panned floral print ensemble.

Meanwhile, Kanye is thinking positive and not only has he already reached out to celebrity photographers Annie Leibovitz and Mario Testino to do the photo spread, but he also has Kim working out with top trainers to get into the shape of her life in preparation of the shoot, says the source.

“Kanye is convinced that he’s going to make this happen,” adds the source.

Don't do it Anna!!

Does this guy not know how to keep his mouth shut? I guess he didn't see my post above.

He is pimping Kim to Vogue? Pathetic -- truly pathetic.

Vogue is a fashion magazine not a celebtoid (I am truly sorry that I don't find Kim K in the least bit fashionable.)

oh yeah forgot to add,

Meanwhile, Kanye is thinking positive and not only has he already reached out to celebrity photographers Annie Leibovitz and Mario Testino to do the photo spread, but he also has Kim working out with top trainers to get into the shape of her life in preparation of the shoot, says the source.

Svengali much?

Edited by tyler