princess

Burton and Taylor

Posted Image

Helena Bonham Carter to Play Elizabeth Taylor in Burton and Taylor

By Maggie Coughlan

06/05/2013 at 02:15 PM EDT

people.com

Can't believe your eyes? That's really Helena Bonham Carter.

The latest actress to portray Elizabeth Taylor, Bonham Carter will play the iconic actress opposite Dominic West (as Richard Burton) in BBC America's upcoming made-for-TV movie, Burton and Taylor.

As the violet-eyed beauty, Bonham Carter, 47, shows off a glamorous side most viewers aren't used to seeing from the star known for gritty roles in Fight Club, the Harry Potter series, Les Misérables and more.

The 90-minute television drama follows Taylor and Burton's tumultuous on-again, off-again relationship – including multiple marriages and divorces – against their appearance in the 1983 revival of Noel Coward's play, Private Lives.

Most recently, Lindsay Lohan took on the role of Taylor in Lifetime's Liz & Dick but was panned by critics and on social media.

Burton and Taylor will premiere this fall.

Ooh, I want to see this for sure, two great actors!

I just may have to move to England to see this.

They look perfect.

BBC America -- please carry this. Please.

The article Princess posted says that it is BBC America running the movie.....Wish granted!

(press release on BBCAmerica.com says "fall release")

Edited by Hoyaheel

The article Princess posted says that it is BBC America running the movie.....Wish granted!

Were that the rest of my life was so easy.

(and don't I feel stupid for not seeing that when I saw the post -- I guess I was so blown away by HBC's picture -- I mean, really, who would have thought -- from Bellatrix to Liz :4biggrin: )

Edited by tyler

I guess I was so blown away by HBC's piture -- I mean, really, who would have thought -- from Bellatrix to Liz :4biggrin: )

Agree! It's been a while since she's been "pretty" in a film (or a red carpet....) King's Speech she was "matronly", all the HP movies she was crazy....I can't quickly come up with anything "pretty" since the 80s Merchant Ivory days. (there very well could be many and my brain just isn't functioning now, I'm ok with that ;-)

Working from home today and watching this. Why on earth would I ever want to see Lindsay Blohan as Taylor when HBC was clearly MEANT to play this role? Dominic West at Burton is dang good too! I'm enjoying this. All the while Furious Love running through my head (anyone else read that? I loved it!)

Working from home today and watching this. Why on earth would I ever want to see Lindsay Blohan as Taylor when HBC was clearly MEANT to play this role? Dominic West at Burton is dang good too! I'm enjoying this. All the while Furious Love running through my head (anyone else read that? I loved it!)

Oooh, I had forgotten about this. I need to plug into TiVo.