princess

Scientology

Report: Leah Remini

Files Missing Persons Report

for Scientology Leader's Wife

Leah Remini has reportedly filed a missing persons report with the LAPD regarding the wife of Scientology leader David Miscavige ... this, less than one month after Leah severed ties with the Church.

TMZ spoke with the Los Angeles Police Department which confirmed there is an ongoing investigation into the whereabouts of Shelly Miscavige ... but wouldn't say if Remini has any connection to the case.

But according to the Hollywood Reporter, which cites sources close to the "King of Queens" star, Remini personally filed the report sometime after severing ties with Scientology last month.

According to several reports, Shelly hasn't made a public appearance in six years -- though in 2012, her attorney's issued a statement saying, "Any reports that [shelly] is missing are false."

So far, no comment from Remini's people. Calls to Scientology have not been returned.

TMZ.com Update:

3:22 PM PT -- The Church of Scientology is firing back ... a rep tells TMZ, "This is just harassment. It is a publicity stunt cooked up by a small band of unemployed fanatics who live on the fringe of the Internet."

The rep continues, "The Church and the attorney for Mrs. Miscavige have already responded to this ludicrous claim -- as you noted yourself in your story."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2bQIgtzlP

Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

I don't need to mention the paid-for-by-Scientology attorney said something a year ago, and no one still has not heard from this woman herself, right?? :censored: I always thought it would take a high profile actor to expose this group for the brain-washing whack jobs they really are, but I never would have guessed it would be Leah Remini. Good for her!! :alien_dance: (and yes, I picked the dancing alien on purpose :D)

US Magazine

Leah Remini is making a not-so-quiet exit from the Church of Scientology. The King of Queens actress, who made headlines after publicly cutting ties with the Church in July, has now filed a missing person's report for Scientology leader David Miscavige's wife Shelly, an LAPD spokesperson confirms to Us Weekly.

"We can confirm that the missing person report has been taken and that's all the information we have at this time," the spokesperson tells Us.

Shelly has not been seen in the public in six years, according to writer Tony Ortega. Ortega, whose site, The Underground Bunker, discusses the inner workings of the organization, reports that Remini, 43, filed the report in Los Angeles recently.

Ortega reports that Shelly was transferred to a "secret compound near Lake Arrowhead in the mountains above Los Angeles," in early 2006, where a dozen Scientologists are housed, "completely cut off from the outside world."

An attorney for Shelly assures Us Weekly that the Scientology practitioner is "not missing."

"Any reports that she is missing are false," the attorney tells Us. "Mrs. Miscavige has been working non-stop in the Church, as she always has."

Remini reportedly asked about Shelly's absence at the 2006 wedding of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, and was admonished for asking questions. The incident was one in a series that eventually led to the actress' decision to leave Scientology for good, a source told Us in July.

"She thought about this over a long time," the source said, confirming that Remini's entire family has left the Church. The former Talk co-host was born and raised into the religion.

The actress is planning on writing a tell-all memoir about her experiences that will include "everything that's taboo to talk about," she told Us. :alien_dance:

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/n...8#ixzz2bQLH847K

Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

I just hope that nobody has to file a missing person's report on Leah Remini before said tell-all sees the light of day.

I just hope that nobody has to file a missing person's report on Leah Remini before said tell-all sees the light of day.

I had the exact same thought. Godspeed, Leah Remini. Expose these jokers.

I had the exact same thought. Godspeed, Leah Remini. Expose these jokers.

Third that.

TMZ

The Church of Scientology is spewing venom at Leah Remini for daring to file a report with the LAPD ... claiming the wife of Scientology leader David Miscavige is missing.

A Church rep claims Leah cooked up the allegation "with unemployed, anti-religious zealots."

Leah -- who broke ties with Scientology last month -- was alarmed that Shelly Miscavige hasn't been seen publicly in 6 years. The LAPD closed out its investigation last night, and as TMZ first reported, cops say they had a face to face with Shelly. They did not indicate if they probed as to whether Shelly was being held against her will.

The Church rep calls Leah's actions "an inexcusable distraction for the LAPD."

And the Church took this shot: "Sadly, rather than move on with her life and career, Ms. Remini has aligned herself with a handful of untrustworthy, lunatic tabloid sources who obsessively harass the Church to advance their selfish agendas."

Someone is pissed.

And the Church took this shot: "Sadly, rather than move on with her life and career, Ms. Remini has aligned herself with a handful of untrustworthy, lunatic tabloid sources who obsessively harass the Church to advance their selfish agendas."

Umm it occurs to me that Leann left for whatever reasons she did and this kind of tactic is probably part of the reason that fed into her reason for leaving.

It is also a bit ironic to be accursing her of slander, libel or whatever and engage in some of their own.

The best way to have handled this would have been to produced Shelly and have done. :alien_dance:

Edited by tyler

The LAPD closed out its investigation last night, and as TMZ first reported, cops say they had a face to face with Shelly. They did not indicate if they probed as to whether Shelly was being held against her will.

I'm feeling cynical today. Was this cop a Scientologist?

Missing adult cases are interesting because the person is an adult and can stay away from whomever they want. It gets more complicated if the missing person is mentally unstable. I would guess that LAPD made contact (probably with Shelly, maybe not - remember when there were pics of Tom Cruz holding hands with a "pregnant," sunglassed, glove-wearing "Katie?" Wasn't her, but someone dressed up sto look like Katie and mislead the public) and the adult woman told them she was fine and not being held against her will. And she was probably spoken to in the company of others (Scientologists) so her answer may not have been candid or truthful.

I like Gov Marley's thought - maybe the cop was a Scientologist.

The LAPD closed out its investigation last night, and as TMZ first reported, cops say they had a face to face with Shelly. They did not indicate if they probed as to whether Shelly was being held against her will.

I highly doubt that cops make enough money to be scientologists

I highly doubt that cops make enough money to be scientologists

Top step pay for LAPD beat officers (not including OT) is $85K. Detectives, $115K+, Chief, $250K+. Not exactly the highest of rollers, but apparently LAPD allegedly has some ties to the Scientologists.

Apologies to your eyes - this is white font on a black background and if you read it, you'll still be able to see it when you close your eyes.

Scientology Tried To Recruit Brad Pitt & Bono, Reveals Church Leader’s Niece Jenna Miscavige Hill

http://radaronline.com

Brad Pitt studied Scientology in the early ’90s before realizing the religion wasn’t for him, the niece of the Church’s controversial leader David Miscavige has revealed in a new tell-all interview.

The Moneyball actor, 49, was dating Cape Fear star Juliette Lewis when he went through the religion’s Purification Rundown program to detox from drugs — a battle the star has previously confessed led him down a path to depression.

In an exclusive interview with RadarOnline, Jenna Miscavige Hill — who broke free from the Church after spending 21 years on the inside, including as a member of its super secret Sea Org — also detailed for the first time how Irish rock star Bono was heavily audited as her uncle, the organization’s ecclesiastical leader, made him a priority to recruit.

“There’s a celebrity strategy and they’re targeted for their influence, not their money,” revealed Jenna, who published an explosive memoir, Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape in a blaze of publicity in February.

“They know people are obsessed with celebrities so will get more interested in Scientology.

“I think that celebrities are more inclined to be egocentric and Scientology caters for that – you’re your own God. They’re probably being told that all the time.

“But they’re probably insecure, so the self-help of Scientology lends itself to that. And Scientology is meant to save people and the world, so the charitable thing appeals to a celebrity. If you’re egocentric, not always confident or insecure because of being in public eye and want to be charitable, Scientology pushes your buttons.

“That’s why someone like Bono would fit the bill perfectly as so many people know him.

“I know he was receiving Scientology auditing and was at one of the Celebrity Centre Galas. Why would he need auditing? Scientology markets itself to everyone, it can deal with everything from marital problems to public speaking. He’s a human, so he still needs those things. If he were to join, all the world would be Scientology!”

Jenna knows the Church from the inside after spending virtually her whole life in it before defecting eight years ago.

The 29-year-old ex-member recounted how Pitt, soon-to-be-married to Angelina Jolie, went through the Purification Rundown, also known as the Purif or the Hubbard Method, a controversial detoxification program developed by Scientology’s founder L. Ron Hubbard and used by the Church of Scientology as an introductory service.

Scientologists consider it an effective way to deal with the long-term effects of drug abuse or toxic exposure.

“I remember my mum working on renovations for the Celebrity Centre in Los Angeles and she saw Brad Pitt there,” she recalled.

“I was in love with him at the time. He was in there to do the Purification Rundown. It’s like the first step. I guess he was doing it because of his girlfriend Juliette Lewis. I know Juliette was into drugs and says Scientology saved her from them.”

This is not the first time a high-profile defector has linked Pitt to Scientology: In her book Scientology — Abuse at the Top, author Amy Scobee claimed, “In the end, Brad didn’t think it was for him and he and Juliette broke up.

“He was high on the church list president’s list of stars they felt could be ‘recovered.’”

When asked to comment of Jenna’s claims, a church spokesperson described her as having “varied and ever-shifting ‘memories’ from her childhood.

“At no time was Mrs. Hill ever privy to any ‘priorities’ or ‘strategies’,” the rep said.

“As a result, she is in no position to comment and any claims to the contrary must be viewed with skepticism. Our priorities are and always have been the establishment and expansion of the Scientology religion. In furtherance of this is the establishment of 37 new Scientology churches in major metropolitan areas and cultural centers around the world in just the past few years.”

The spokesperson noted the church established Celebrity Centres in 1969 because of the “significant contribution to society that people in the arts represent” — rejecting Jenna’s claim they covet identities’ fame and fortune.

US Magazine

Leah Remini feels she has a lot to prove on Dancing With the Stars. During some of the rehearsal footage from Monday night's episode, the King of Queens alum spoke with partner Tony Dovolani about why she was struggling to learn the samba -- and why it was so important to her to get it right.

"I'm going through a personal and big change for me and my family," the actress explained, referring to her recent split from Scientology. "The church is looking for me to fail so they can say to their parishioners, 'See what happens when you leave the church?' They're waiting for me to fail."

The Church of Scientology, for its part, gave a comment to Good Morning America on Tuesday, Sept. 24, saying: "We know this may come as a surprise to someone as self-absorbed as Ms. Remini, but we could care less if she wins or loses on Dancing With the Stars."

In any case, DWTS has proven to be a good creative outlet for the actress. "It's been a godsend," she told Us Weekly backstage on Monday, Sept. 23. "The love and support that I've received from Tony, from the cast, from the crew, from friends I didn't know I had? It offsets some of that [negative energy]."

Remini added that she feels stronger every day. "I'm going through the pain of losing friends of 30 years, but like I said, the show's been a godsend," she gushed. "I wake up, I'm happy, I have real friends, I have real love, I have real support, I have my family."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/n...9#ixzz2fprYQlDY

Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Okay seriously, do they not realize how narcissistic their comments are?!?! :shocked:

Scientology Lawyers Scrambling To Silence Leah Remini

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 @ 12:00PM | By radarstaff

For decades, former Scientologist Leah Remini has kept quiet about what she witnessed as a member of the controversial church. But just as she was about to tell all in a court-ordered deposition, Scientology lawyers have gone to court to force her to keep her mouth shut.

Remini was set to be subpoenaed for a deposition in Monique Rathbun‘s harassment lawsuit against the church. “We believe Ms. Remini can shed some light on the subject …” Rathbun’s lead counsel Ray Jeffreys told RadarOnline.com last week.

In particular, they hoped to have Remini discuss both David Miscavige‘s iron-fisted control of church operations, as well as his concern with Marty Rathbun, Monique’s husband and a former high-level Scientologist. The deposition was expected to take place on October 15 in Los Angeles, where Remini is rehearsing for Dancing with the Stars.

But on Friday, lawyers for Scientology moved to prevent the subpoena before it had even been served.

Jeffrey will be in court this afternoon to argue that Remini’s subpoena should be reinstated, as well as that for former Scientologist spokesman Tommy Davis, which the Church’s lawyers were able to axe on Friday.

Rathbun has sued the Church of Scientology, its leader, Miscavige, and two private detectives for allegedly mounting an intensive campaign of harassment against her and her husband for several years after he left the church.

Lots of interesting stuff coming up in this case, here is the most recent/shocking:

Scientology Under Investigation: New Details Of FBI Probe Into Human Trafficking Allegations Revealed In Court

Posted on Jan 8, 2014 @ 16:00PM | By Radar Staff

Full story here.

...Rinder’s comment offers a new glimpse into the top-secret investigation, which was first uncovered by journalist Lawrence Wright in a 2011 article for the New Yorker. According to Wright, agents were actively contacting former Scientologist regarding “human trafficking” in the church since at least December 2009.

Though the term sounds shocking, Wright explained, “Under federal law, slavery is defined, in part, by the use of coercion, torture, starvation, imprisonment, threats, and psychological abuse. The California penal code lists several indicators that someone may be a victim of human trafficking: signs of trauma or fatigue; being afraid or unable to talk, because of censorship by others or security measures that prevent communication with others; working in one place without the freedom to move about; owing a debt to one’s employer; and not having control over identification documents. Those conditions echo the testimony of many former Sea Org members …”

As recently as December, 2012, the investigation was reportedly still ongoing, but there have been no new details leaked as of late.

I am reading Going Clear by Lawrence Wright and so far it is good. I got a Kindle for Christmas and went overboard buying and getting library books so it is slow going. I will finish it, though.

I am reading Going Clear by Lawrence Wright and so far it is good. I got a Kindle for Christmas and went overboard buying and getting library books so it is slow going. I will finish it, though.

its a very well written book.i read it last year.

Where’s Tom? Cruise & Kirstie Alley MIA On Invite To Celeb-Heavy Scientology Gala — Distancing Themselves From The Church?

Posted on Aug 1, 2014 @ 12:33PM
RadarOnline

Just a few months ago, Tom Cruisewas front and center as the Church of Scientology christened their new $145 million Flag Building in downtownClearwater, Fla. ButRadarOnline.com has learned that on a new invite to the Church’s 45th anniversary gala later this month, Cruise is suspiciously absent — along with other celebrity Scientologistsincluding Kirstie Alley. Are theydistancing themselves or out of favor with the church?

The photo-heavy invite, leaked by former Scientologist Mike Rinder onhis blog, features glitzy photos of celebrity Scientologists Jenna Elfman,John Travolta, Kelly Preston, andLaura Prepon. Travolta is even featured twice! But Cruise, once the golden boy of the organization, is noticeably absent.

Also missing is Kirstie Alley, who was recently slammed by former Dancing with the Stars partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy for putting their relationship on ice after he grew close to ex-Scientologist Leah Remini.

cc-int-gala-invite-signed.jpg?w=640

Once a proud Scientologist, Lisa Marie Presley is also MIA. As Radar reported, insiders claim she has distanced herself from the church for good.

Other Scientologists who didn’t make the cut for whatever reason includeMad Men star Elisabeth Moss, Erika Christiansen, Juliette Lewis, andGreta van Susteren.

Despite Cruise’s absence from the invite, it’s likely that it is due to his current absence from the country. He’s been spotted heading to Scientology headquarters in London.

For non-celebs who want to attend, the cost per table is as much as $10,000, and regular seats go for $600.

Revenge Lawsuit? Former Scientologist Claims Leah Remini Is Preparing To Sue The Church For ‘Refunds’
Posted on

Feb 4, 2015 @ 13:21PM

RadarOnline.com

Just over 18 months after Leah Remini left the Church of Scientology, RadarOnline.com has learned the controversial church could soon be hit with another blow from the fiery actress: According to one former Scientologist, she is preparing to sue the Church of Scientology in an attempt to recoup the money she paid them over the years!

Former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder made the claim during a sworn deposition on behalf of a couple that are suing the Church for fraud.

A Scientology attorney asked Rinder, “How about in the last year….who else have you spoken with on the subject matter of lawsuits against the Church of Scientology based on refunds?”

Among the names included in his response was “Leah Remini.”

Journalist Tony Ortega broke the news on his blog.

The lawsuit was filed by Luis and Rocio Garcia in Tampa, Florida in 2013, alleging they had been defrauded by the Church, and were duped into donating hundreds of thousands of dollars.

As Radar reported, leaked 2011 990-T forms for the Church of Scientology International and the Church of Spiritual Technology show that the organization’s combined “book value,” or the value of their total assets, is $1.2 billion. :shocked:

Of that, $790,758,896 in assets belong to the Church of Scientology International, and $434,487,317 is earmarked as from the Church of Spiritual Technology, an offshoot organization of the church. :shocked: :shocked:

Though the numbers are stunning, these figures represent only a small fraction of the Church’s overall worth. As a tax-exempt organization, Scientology is not required to disclose their overall income, only unrelated business income that is not related to everyday church operations. :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

The King of Queens actress infamously parted ways with Scientology in summer 2013, amid explosive claims that her experience there had been “horrendous” and that “everything [they] had taught me was a lie.”

The Church of Scientology and Leah Remini didn’t immediately respond to Radar’s request for comment.

Story developing.

• Like 1

Interesting rumor that Beck won at the Grammy's because he's a Scientologist and they paid people off for the Grammy win. They need more high-profile members that aren't Tom Cruise or John Travolta.

princess, on 11 Feb 2015 - 12:37 AM, said:

Interesting rumor that Beck won at the Grammy's because he's a Scientologist and they paid people off for the Grammy win. They need more high-profile members that aren't Tom Cruise or John Travolta.

Yeah, I didn't watch (was at Fleetwood Mac instead, yay!), but I heard there was an actual Scientology commercial during the show. Very interesting...

princess, on 11 Feb 2015 - 12:37 AM, said:

Yeah, I didn't watch (was at Fleetwood Mac instead, yay!), but I heard there was an actual Scientology commercial during the show. Very interesting...

Love Fleetwood Mac!! Saw Stevie Nicks perform right before she started the FM tour, she was awesome! She's another one that we're best friends, she just doesn't know it yet ;)

I missed the commercial, would have loved to have seen that bit 'o brainwashing!

• Like 1