princess

Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp Is Inspired by His Kids, Mortified by Celebrity

Posted Image

Elusive actor Johnny Depp is finally opening up about one thing – his love for his family.

"I could sit there all day and do nothing but watch them grow," he says in the January issue of Britain's Psychologies magazine. "I'm totally inspired by them."

Depp, 45, has two children – Lily-Rose, 9, and Jack, 6 – with longtime girlfriend Vanessa Paradis. He says meeting Paradis gave him "proper perspective and understanding" in his life.

"It wasn't until then that things started to get real for me," he tells the magazine. "We just have a miraculous understanding of each other."

The Golden Globe-winning actor also looked back at his more memorable roles.

"I was a million percent in love with Edward Scissorhands," Depp says of his 1990 film persona. "I remember looking in the mirror on the last day of shooting ... and thinking how sad I was to be saying goodbye to Edward."

The first Pirates of the Carribean was also a blast for the star.

Orlando Bloom and I would say to each other, 'We're actually getting paid to do this?' It felt very intimate."

But the screen idol and former Sexiest Man Alive says he hates being front and center: "I never wanted to be the guy people looked at. I don't think of myself as being a celebrity, it's too mortifying."

Johnny Depp's April wedding

Johnny Depp is to marry his long-term partner Vanessa Paradis in April, according to reports.

(BANG) -

Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis will marry in April.

The couple - who have been together for 10 years and have two children, Lily-Rose, nine, and six-year-old Jack, together - are planning to tie the knot in a chapel on the grounds of their $1.5 million French estate.

A source said: "They're a very private couple. It's no surprise they'd want to celebrate at their home."

Johnny, 45, sparked rumors he was set to propose to Vanessa last month when he was seen shopping for an engagement ring in California.

The pair are keen to keep the ceremony as intimate as possible, and will only invite 50 of their closest friends and family.

Director Tim Burton is expected to act as best man, while Rolling Stones rocker Keith Richards is also due to attend.

An insider said: "Keith and Johnny are good pals. Johnny's portrayal of Jack Sparrow in 'The Pirates of the Caribbean' was partly inspired by the old rocker, and Keith had a cameo in the second sequel."

© BANG Media International

Um.... in the south of France, 1.5 million would buy you, like, a dog house. Maybe not even. Like, a bird cage. Certainly nothing that would have its own chapel, big enough to hold 50 guests, on its grounds. Maybe they paid 1.5 million for it... but that would have had to have been many decades ago...

Um.... in the south of France, 1.5 million would buy you, like, a dog house. Maybe not even. Like, a bird cage. Certainly nothing that would have its own chapel, big enough to hold 50 guests, on its grounds. Maybe they paid 1.5 million for it... but that would have had to have been many decades ago...

I do believe they've owned it for ages, but it's not in St. Tropez or anything--it's in the middle of nowhere, isn't it??

Isn't it an old vineyard? Johnny is producing and drinking his own wine. He walks into the village and mingles with the locals. Sounds quaint. God Bless them both for a long life together.

people.com

Caught in the Act

Much more low-key, Johnny Depp, ate a quiet poolside lunch at Los Angeles's Sunset Tower Hotel. Sharing his meal in cabana with an older gentleman, the actor turned more private as more diners arrived. "He just stood up and casually dropped down the flap of the cabana," an onlooker tells us. Among those deprived any further glimpses of the actor, a curious Nicole Richie, who was dining at a nearby table with a female friend.

Now I know why Johnny Depp has been one of my long-time celeb crushes!

Depp To Narrate Doors Documentary

------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOHNNY DEPP has reportedly signed up to narrate a forthcoming documentary about THE DOORS.

The iconic rock band enjoyed huge success in the 1960s with songs such as Riders on the Storm and Light My Fire, but split up in 1973 when singer Jim Morrison was found dead.

According to Screen Daily, the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN star will voice Tom DiCillo's feature film When You're Strange.

The movie premiered at the Sundance Film Festival last month with a narration track by DiCillo, but it is thought Depp will record an updated version.

"Johnny saw the film early on," said producer Peter Jankowski. "We showed him an early cut and he responded very strongly to the subject matter."

It is thought that THE DOORS have sold around 80 million albums worldwide.

Depp has something of an affinity with controversial figures such as Morrison, having recently narrated GONZO: THE LIFE AND WORK OF DR HUNTER S THOMPSON.

Source: contactmusic

DAPPER DEPP

Johnny Depp keeps it color-coordinated at the Los Angeles Film Festival premiere of his latest film, Public Enemies, on Tuesday. The buzzworthy gangster flick also stars actors Christian Bale and Channing Tatum.

Posted Image

I like the fact he does a variety of movies. Not all similiar and he plays lots of different characters. Some actors basically play the same type of person over and over again !

I would have to say that Johnny Depp is my favorite movie actor. Not only is he handsome, sexy and intelligent, he is a loving father and devoted partner. What a man! I enjoy his movies immensely. Just watched "Chocolat" again the other day and it still makes my heart flutter. He is delicious.

I think he's crazy as a bat but hey ~ at least he does it quietly. :4biggrin:

The thing I like about Depp is he seems to save his craziness for his roles. He's not strutting Vanessa and kids out for publicity, and he keeps his private life private, proving it CAN be done if you want to do it.

I agree...he keeps his private life private. Like maybe he looks at acting as a job and not thinking because he makes movies he deserves all the attention in the world to be shone on him!!!

I would have to say that Johnny Depp is my favorite movie actor. Not only is he handsome, sexy and intelligent, he is a loving father and devoted partner. What a man! I enjoy his movies immensely. Just watched "Chocolat" again the other day and it still makes my heart flutter. He is delicious.

I agree, and that's one of my favorite movies, because of him and also Juliet Binoche (sp?)

I think he's crazy as a bat but hey ~ at least he does it quietly. :4biggrin:

The thing I like about Depp is he seems to save his craziness for his roles. He's not strutting Vanessa and kids out for publicity, and he keeps his private life private, proving it CAN be done if you want to do it.

Depp was able to keep his life private because he is not with a hollywood star and he lives in France. Vanessa talks about their life in interviews and Johnny too but for some reason people don't really care about his private life. I disagree that some star has a choice on being able to be private. Depp on tabloids doesn't sell period so he is able to live his life private. I wonder why people don't question what happened to his drug addiction and cutting.

I agree, and that's one of my favorite movies, because of him and also Juliet Binoche (sp?)

This is definitely one of my top 5 favs. Not necessarily because of Johnny Depp, but because I, like Vianne, must move every time the north winds blow.

I think Depp is great...and I've always heard and read that he's extremely nice to fans.

I think having a family has made all the difference in the world to his life. I see a man who has great talent AND a great family life.

I think Depp is great...and I've always heard and read that he's extremely nice to fans.

I think having a family has made all the difference in the world to his life. I see a man who has great talent AND a great family life.

im definitely in the minority. i think depp has had his moments (jack sparrow was fantastic) but its overrated(personally and professionally) and that the public confuses just being "quirky" and selecting "quirky" roles with greatness. but again, im in the minority. and while he's been behaved lo these last 10 years, it wasnt long before he was trashing hotel rooms, dating coked up models and winona ryder (damning in and of itself) tattooing himself, making a point to hang with rock stars and other celebs, and involved in a club that was a hotbed of drug deals leading to the death of another actor. I see him as having a better managed PR machine than most and perhaps he's settled down since he married and had kids. But im always suspicious - well lets say wary-of people who are volatile until they are in a particular relationship. it doesnt argue for integrity of character if behavior is conditional on something external. but my guess is folks will think im just too harsh on poor Johnny.

im definitely in the minority. i think depp has had his moments (jack sparrow was fantastic) but its overrated(personally and professionally) and that the public confuses just being "quirky" and selecting "quirky" roles with greatness. but again, im in the minority. and while he's been behaved lo these last 10 years, it wasnt long before he was trashing hotel rooms, dating coked up models and winona ryder (damning in and of itself) tattooing himself, making a point to hang with rock stars and other celebs, and involved in a club that was a hotbed of drug deals leading to the death of another actor. I see him as having a better managed PR machine than most and perhaps he's settled down since he married and had kids. But im always suspicious - well lets say wary-of people who are volatile until they are in a particular relationship. it doesnt argue for integrity of character if behavior is conditional on something external. but my guess is folks will think im just too harsh on poor Johnny.

ITA with your sentiments. It's nice he outgrew that behavior and while it doesn't stop me from going to or enjoying his movies, I will go so far as to say that I'm glad that he chooses to live in a different country. :smileapprove:

PS: This past year, I just assumed that Mickey Rourke had hired the same PR person as Depp! :4biggrin:

I agree he had a wild, trashy life in his 20's ...dating Kate Moss and Winona led to trouble and drugs! But it is possible to change with maturity, age and falling in love. I had a wild 20's with bad partners, booze, drugs and such but I am now a completely different person. Because of maturity, age and falling in love I am a respectable, upright citzen!!! A mother and grandmother with a good job! People do change and it seems that JD has changed.He seems to put his family first and to be settled into a respectable, loving relationship. I like him because he is always so considerate of his fans...Lainey said in her column last week about Ryan Reynolds who has 1/2 the carreer JD has and was upset because fans looked at him. What an ass. JD signs autographs, takes pictures and does in in a polite way. i love the story about leaving a $4000 tip to the waiter in Chicago. Most stars grab anything free they can get and don't leave tips or treat regular people with any respect.

My thoughts exactly, E-Lin. I was a wild child in my teens but found my true love and settled down to raise a family. Now that my children are grown and out of the house, I pierced my eyebrow and designed my own tatoo but I no longer get crazy with drinking or drugs. Just call me Rebel without a Buzz.

Johnny Depp Saved Love

Johnny Depp once saved Courtney Love's life.

The 'Pirates of the Caribbean' star had to give the Hole singer - who has a history of drink and drug abuse - the kiss of life when she collapsed after a heavy session.

She said: "Nobody has ever loaned me money. I mean, I was going to die on a few occasions. Johnny Depp gave me CPR on one. That's as close as I ever got. I was watching that movie where he plays Dillinger, and I was like 'Mother f***er, I never had myself any JD except CPR.' "

Courtney - widow of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain - also revealed strangers gave her money following her financial difficulties earlier this year.

She and her 17-year-old daughter Frances Bean are currently staying at a New York hotel while they waits for work to be completed on a nearby apartment, and she admits they've been treated like royalty.

She told Britain's Style magazine: They are the best staff in the world. When my bank account got frozen, we had $14.32 a week, so we lived off the kindness of strangers. The guy at the travel agency put his credit card down for the hotel. How insanely nice is that? And we are on the sixth floor. Not love nor money will buy you this floor."

Source monstersandcritics.com