princess

Johnny Depp

Anyone watching the trial?  I've been skimming the stories that are being printed about the testimony. 

Edited by princess
fixed typo

My husband had jury duty the day the trial started and I was hoping he was seated on that jury. He was hoping he was not. He got a one day trial. Drat! But he did get to see all the craziness at the courthouse. He never saw either of them though. 

I think they both come off pretty gross and skeevy, but based on my Facebook feed it seems like most people are firmly team Johnny. I haven’t watched it that closely to be able to say how it’s going to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow that would have been wild if we had someone on the jury.  Imagine the questions we could ask after it was over!

Agreed the news feeds seem to be very team Johnny, not sure if that is just his PR team pumping stuff out or if that is how people really feel. 

• Confused 1

I get the impression that a lot of people either can't or are unwilling to acknowledge that a less than perfect victim is still a victim.  You don't have to like Amber in order to believe that she was abused.  Also, crimes can and do occur between two truly awful people.  It's not a zero sum game.

• Like 3

Maxiemom - I think that is the best point! And why I'm not really even paying attention - they're both gross (I think he's marginally grosser and more illegallyier acting, if I can just make up some words here....)

That's where I've landed on this.  I think they are both the abusers and the abused.  Two people that should have run in different directions when they realized what a toxic pair they made.  Instead they became the ouroboros of dysfunctional relationships.

• Like 2

One of my neighbors stood in line and went to the trial today. He was just bored and figured why not. Sounds actually pretty boring. Today was a lot about finances. He ended up leaving at the 4 pm recess because he had a meeting at 4:30. I half thought about it, but he got in line at 5:30 and was almost shut out. I don’t care enough to get out at 3 am. I’m a bad chit chatter!

After the lunch break he was actually visible on camera. I know this because he posted a summary on his Facebook!

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dixiedoodah said:

One of my neighbors stood in line and went to the trial today. He was just bored and figured why not. Sounds actually pretty boring. Today was a lot about finances. He ended up leaving at the 4 pm recess because he had a meeting at 4:30. I half thought about it, but he got in line at 5:30 and was almost shut out. I don’t care enough to get out at 3 am. I’m a bad chit chatter!

After the lunch break he was actually visible on camera. I know this because he posted a summary on his Facebook!

Wow!

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 05/06 **3**
It was not coke that the A- list actress was sniffing in court, it was a liquid ammonia that was allowed to dry on the tissue, which would allow her to cry more easily.

Does anyone know if that's even possible?!?! :blink:

4 minutes ago, princess said:

Does anyone know if that's even possible?!?! :blink:

Possible to sniff liquid ammonia to elicit tears or possible that Amber Heard is considered on the A- list?????  :huh:

• Haha 6