Silliness

People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive

How is Adam Levine getting named Sexiest Man Alive? More like Sexist Man Alive! He's so gross and douchey. When someone mentions his name, I always word associate him with a venereal disease. How much money did his publicist have to dole out to get him this cover? If it is going to be a musician - which is the first time - there has to be much better choices out there. Heck, Jared Leto would have been a better choice and that isn't saying much. Big mistake People Magazine. Big Mistake.

Article

Edited by Silliness

How is Adam Levine getting named Sexiest Man Alive? More like Sexist Man Alive! He's so gross and douchey. When someone mentions his name, I always word associate him with a venereal disease. How much money did his publicist have to dole out to get him this cover? If it is going to be a musician - which is the first time - there has to be much better choices out there. Heck, Jared Leto would have been a better choice and that isn't saying much. Big mistake People Magazine. Big Mistake.

Article

I would expect it to be Ryan Gosling, given the dominance of the "Hey, girl," meme.

Sounds like Gosling has turned it down and isn't interested in that kind of publicity.

But there are still some other good choices: Idris Elba, Matt Boomer, or Henry Cavill (just off the top of my head).

Article

Yeah, how disappointing. Levine is far from the sexiest man alive....

WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY?! Oh, yeah, Maroon 5. They were popular like 12 years ago. For about 5 minutes. This guy must be bankrupt with the amount of money he is paying publicists. Can anyone name just 1 (one) maroon 5 song? I can't.

Edited by alpierce

I wonder if the publishers of "People" also own rights to "The Voice".

If Adam Levine is the "Sexiest Man Alive" then it's high time to start digging people up from the grave for this honor. :vomit2:

Sounds like Gosling has turned it down and isn't interested in that kind of publicity.

But there are still some other good choices: Idris Elba, Matt Boomer, or Henry Cavill (just off the top of my head).

All good choices. :4biggrin:

If Adam Levine is the "Sexiest Man Alive" then it's high time to start digging people up from the grave for this honor. :vomit2:

Yep! I realize I'm not the prime audience for People, being a 40yr old woman who hates pop music and doesn't watch reality tv, but ick!

Matt Bomer yes please :-)

Article

Couldn't agree more!

Yep! I realize I'm not the prime audience for People, being a 40yr old woman who hates pop music and doesn't watch reality tv, but ick!

Matt Bomer yes please :-)

Same, same, same, and yes, please.

Matt Bomer is delicious. Adam Levine, no thanks. Not for me. But I rarely think their "Sexiest Man Alive" is the sexiest man alive. Many men inside the issue are usually much, much better.

So disappointing. Adam Levine is decidedly not sexy. Ryan Gosling would have been a good choice (good for him if he turned it down) or Henry Caville, both mentioned before. I'm not that familiar with Matt Bomer but his pictures are quite yummy. I've looked him up because he's often suggested for movie roles like Bruce Wayne and Christian from 50 Shades of Gray.

Article

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/18/a...le&ir=Style

Yuk.

The spin machine is in full force. Have they lost their mind. I am supposed to believe women find it sexy when a man knows how to pick out good makeup. How dumb of me not to consider that talent when I think of things that make a man sexy. :eyeroll: Then again, I guess they didn't really have much to work with being that he is a giant D-bag anytime he opens his mouth.

Is it just me or does this look like this was taken on a greenscreened hammock?

Posted Image

He is so airbrushed, that he looks like a cartoon. But why didn't they airbrush out his grey hair? Or, rather, why did they make him look like he has grey hair. Strange.

Also, why the decision to put him in white. He's a douche. At least they should have embraced his bad boy image and put him in a black tee or something visual interesting. The virginal white hammock backdrop with white tee shirt just makes him bland and boring. At least throw a pack of cigarettes rolled up in his sleeve. Something interesting. This cover would not make me stop and look at the magazine. Let alone buy it.

While this isn't the worst sexiest man alive cover, it isn't good either. I will be interested to see how the sales of this issue do in comparison to other years. Should be interesting.