princess

Owen Wilson

In a statement released by his spokeswoman, Ina Treciokas, Wilson said: "I have never heard the song `Cousin Dupree' and I don't even know who this gentleman, Mr. Steely Dan, is. I hope this helps to clear things up and I can get back to concentrating on my new movie, `HEY 19.'"

Love it.
I think he should have shown up in Irvine...great venue.....outside ampitheater...air full great smelling smoke (I DON'T INHALE, I'm A MOTHER!!). Owen is a pussy for not bringing some bongos and walking on stage and saying sorry man. Everyone would go nuts. It would be great publicity for him and he'd get to see Steely Dan for FREE. GOD, Can I GO??.I agree that they SORT of ripped off the song. These guys are COOL and are sort of kidding. BUT, I wouldn't fuck with Steely Dan. That Ruskie sounds MEAN. And Owen, they're right. Your movies SUCK. "Hey 19" (REALLY stupid name for a movie) will be another be sure to miss.
He was making a joke. "Hey Nineteen" is the name of a once-popular Steely Dan song.

In a statement released by his spokeswoman, Ina Treciokas, Wilson said: "I have never heard the song `Cousin Dupree' and I don't even know who this gentleman, Mr. Steely Dan, is. I hope this helps to clear things up and I can get back to concentrating on my new movie, `HEY 19.'"

Love it.
Me too. Cutest. Response. Ever. :wub:

from teddy cYo, Bro!Hollywood's weird, ever-unpredictable:Take Luke Wilson, for ince. The Dallasite (oy, could you imagine hailing from the hell-bent hometown?) first made his dimpled debut in the '96 cult fave, Bottle Rocket. Post-Rocket, L.W. was in high demand, rackin' up credits with Scream 2, Legally Blonde and The Royal Tenenbaums (my fave).But it was the recent frat flick, Old School, that really made the steamin' southerner the name on everyone's collagen-injected lips. Also very happening was L.W.'s older, blonder, and dare I say weirder beachy bro, Owen, who started to cause a ruckus on the red carpet scene, not only as an up 'n' comin' actor but also as a gal's man, but more on that skankilicious scoop in a bit.Thus began the very quiet, albeit beery brouhaha war of the Wilsons, with Owen takin' in $279 million (for Meet the Fockers) to best Luke's $125 million (for Charlie's Angels, ouch). Now, as O.W.'s career started to take off rather meteorically--hello, have you seen how You, Me & Dupree left My Super Ex-Girlfriend in the southern-fried dust?--Luke-hon started to fade off as the more reserved half of these Texas babes, which is pretty weird, if you ask moi, as I actually consider the elder bro a bit more birdbrained--but that's just my take.I mean, come on! The Butterscotch Stallion, aka Owen, is so out there, so Vince Vaughn 'n' obviously begging for the laugh, he's rather common, n'est-ce pas? Luke's absolutely unpredictable.Which is why he has the guts to have his gut photographed so unflattering in Girlfriend, with fab Uma Thurman. Whereas Owen's highlights 'n' tush are photographed exquisitely in every damn laugh-riot he films, I dare say Luke has the he-man cojones to let it all hang out. In every way.Let's take a gander at the results of the above totally unnecessary analysis, femme-wise, 'kay?a d v e r t i s e m e n tThe now solo Luke-babe, who's been linked to H'wood hotties Gwyneth Paltrow and Drew Barrymore, has nothin' on his hormonal he-ho of a bro. Wonder why? I mean, where the heck do you think Butterscotch Stallion came from? Trying to bed every Lucy Liu type he could, that's where!Gosh, L2, was he successful? Because I hear he wanted you so badly--almost as bad as you didn't want him, which, of course, is precisely what makes a man even more determined, we're such pathetically stupid-o-la creatures, I know.O.W.'s also dated Sheryl Crow, the lush-lipped Gina Gershon, Winona Ryder, hot-bod ma Demi Moore, and is currently sashayin' around with 23-year-old Francesca Versace of, yes, the Versace family. Who's next? That damn list probably won't end till one of the above gal's great-granddaughters have had their way with Mr. W., mark my Warren Beatty-predicting words.As far as Luke goes, I hear he's getting much more domesticated--is that why you're all blubberized in your pics these days, pal?Just don't take it too far, L-doll, 'kay? Your pecs are way too nice to head into (old) Star Jones Reynolds territory, already.

Edited by mostlylurker

I used to think this guy was cute but now I've come to see him as Hollywood's biggest He-Ho. And not in a good way. Hanging out with Steve Bing is an all-time low. And banging everything that moves is simply not sexy! A bit of discernment is a very good thing in a man... or woman, for that matter.

I don't like himvery much, I have a hard time to get through his movies, I hated Wedding Crashers. That nose is also way too distracting and not in a good way. I like Luke much better

I used to think this guy was cute but now I've come to see him as Hollywood's biggest He-Ho. And not in a good way. Hanging out with Steve Bing is an all-time low. And banging everything that moves is simply not sexy! A bit of discernment is a very good thing in a man... or woman, for that matter.

I don't like himvery much, I have a hard time to get through his movies, I hated Wedding Crashers. That nose is also way too distracting and not in a good way. I like Luke much better
also once you hear about the ass-licking...

Steely Dan Pages Wes AndersonTouring this summer has proven to be a bumpy road for my heroes Walter Becker and Donald Fagen of Steely Dan.First they issued a letter to actor Owen Wilson, putting him on notice that they thought his movie, “You, Me and Dupree, was based on or inspired by their song, “Cousin Dupree.”Now they’ve been moved to address "Rushmore" director Wes Anderson, with whom Wilson has worked. The idea now is that Anderson is played out.“Your career is suffering from a malaise,” they tell Anderson in a posting on their Web site.This may be true, but if they really wanted to work with him, wouldn’t it have been easier for Becker and Fagen just to contact Anderson’s agent rather than attack him in public?Anyway, the pair has apparently each composed a song for Anderson that they propose he use in a new movie.Fagen’s song is called “Darjeeling Limited, and Becker’s is "Bottlerocket Two,” a title song for an unmade sequel to Anderson’s original film, "Bottle Rocket." Here are the “heavily copyrighted” lyrics to "Bottlerocket Two.":Bottlerocket Two©Any resemblanceReal or imaginedPeople or placesLiving or deadAny resemblanceAs-if or actualCharacters or circumstanceIt's all in your headFlying out to IndiaTrying to get into youOld BombayIt's a very long wayTo chase a "bottlerocket" to©Precise simulationsPossible parallelsNever intendedCo-incidentalsPersons and placesPresent or otherwiseComrades in comedyBrothers in crimeHiding out in IndiaBabycakes they're watching youThis is our latest -It may be our greatest -It's called "bottlerocket" too©!Who pitched the story?Who built the scenery?Who raised the money?Whose movie is it,Anyway?[Guitar Solo ]PS. The best of the Steely Dan-Wes Anderson letter is a reference to their attorney, Michael "Mickey" Shaheen of Howard Beach, N.Y. Of course, there is no such person. They’ve somehow combined the idea of Howard Beach, famous for race crimes, and famed Connecticut criminal defense attorney Michael "Mickey" Sherman.

You, me & Owen?Rumors were spreading like a California wildfire last night that a recent co-star might have influenced this week's split between Kate Hudson and Chris Robinson. The name being mentioned was Owen Wilson, who appeared with Hudson in the just-opened comedy "You, Me & Dupree."No one this column spoke to late Tuesday alleged any infidelity between the married actress and the noted Hollywood ladies' man. But a source said the two had found common ground and moved closer together during collaboration on the film.One source close to the parties who did not wish to be identified said that the actors were only friends. Reps for Hudson and Wilson were not immediately available for comment last night.Hudson and Robinson, who have a 2 1/2 -year-old son, Ryder, announced their separation Monday.

Kate, Owen and UsGatecrasher readers had the Owen Wilson-Kate Hudson "friendship" story first yesterday, when early editions of the Daily News went out shortly after midnight. After Us Weekly released their later version yesterday morning, they painted the actors' relationship as a full-blown romance. (FBI surveillance video of Post gossip reporters from Tuesday indicates they were napping.)"This is not [just] a fling," Us reported that a source said, claiming the two shared hotel rooms while filming "You, Me and Dupree," as well as nights at his Los Angeles home.Reps for neither star would comment Tuesday, although I did get a late-night phone call from Wilson's big scary Hollywood lawyer, Marty Singer."Any suggestion that Mr. Wilson caused the breakup of [Hudson's] marriage [to Chris Robinson] is actionable," he said.So there.

Owen Wilson May Sue Over Rumors About Kate Hudson

Owen Wilson has hired Hollywood heavyweight attorney Martin Singer to slap a lawsuit on anyone who goes so far to suggest the actor is responsible for his You, Me & Dupree co-star Kate Hudson's marriage split.

The hardball action comes following tabloid reports romantically linking the newly-single Hudson to Wilson. The actress announced she was separating from The Black Crowes singer Chris Robinson on Monday, after nearly six years of marriage.

starpulse.com

SOLO EFFORT

Amid rumors of a hookup with costar Kate Hudson, a solo Owen Wilson hits the London premiere of their comedy You, Me and Dupree on Tuesday, where he got in some face time with his alter ego. Meanwhile Hudson was back home in Los Angeles, spending time with soon-to-be ex-husband Chris Robinson and son Ryder, 2.

Posted Image

Wilson Tightlipped About Hudson

Posted Aug 22nd 2006 5:34PM by TMZ Staff

Posted Image

With Kate Hudson absent from tonight's UK premiere of "You, Me and Dupree," co-stars Owen Wilson and Michael Douglas were bombarded with questions about the newly separated actress.

While speaking of a co-star's well-being would normally be tough as it is, Wilson had an even more daunting task of avoiding questions regarding a rumored affair he had with the blonde actress.

Owen didn't offer much to probing reporters saying, "I assume she's in California ... I think she's doing fine, yeah" before moving down the arrival line.

Meanwhile, Michael Douglas offered his sympathy for the actress saying, "Chris Robinson is a great guy and she is and I wish them well. They've got a young child and they'll do the best they can."

Wilson Flashed at London Premiere Hollywood funnyman Owen Wilson was left red-faced at last night's London premiere of new movie You, Me And Dupree when a female fan flashed him. The admiring woman screamed for his attention from a bar by the Leicester Square cinema, before lifting up her top for the embarrassed star. Wilson, 37, was left to promote the film about an unwanted houseguest without co-stars Kate Hudson, who recently split from rock star husband Chris Robinson, and Matt Dillon. He largely shunned the waiting press who queued for hours to quiz him over reports romantically linking him with Hudson.

Owen Wilson Flashed at London Premiere

LONDON - Owen Wilson got an eyeful at the British premiere of his new movie, "You, Me and Dupree."

Wilson was being interviewed at Leicester Square on Tuesday when a woman outside a pub shouted his name. As he looked up, she raised her shirt and flashed him.

"Wow! I kind of lost my train of thought with that one," the 37-year-old actor said.

In the film, Kate Hudson and Matt Dillon play newlyweds whose domestic life is thrown into disarray when Wilson's character stays too long as their houseguest.

Hudson, who recently separated from her husband, Black Crowes frontman Chris Robinson, did not attend the premiere.

Wilson said playing the character wasn't much of a stretch.

"I went to go stay with Woody Harrelson and his family in Hawaii for four days and it turned into four weeks," he told reporters. "I think by the end of that trip his wife was like, `So you need a ride to the airport today?' So sometimes you have to be sensitive to overstaying your welcome."

source: comcast.net

Kate & Owen: Keeping Their Distance

WEDNESDAY AUGUST 23, 2006 04:15PM EST

People.com

For Owen Wilson, the Aug. 22 London premiere of You, Me and Dupree was more like you, me and no Kate Hudson in sight. Where was his co-star? Home in Los Angeles, where she was photographed Aug. 20 with estranged husband Chris Robinson, 39, and their son Ryder, 2.

Hudson, 27, had originally planned to go to the London premiere, a close source tells PEOPLE, but she backed out after her separation from Robinson was announced Aug. 14, PEOPLE reports in its new issue.

An ocean is certainly bigger than the several feet Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie always kept between them while promoting their film, Mr. & Mrs. Smith – but evidence linking Hudson and Wilson, 37, continues to mount.

The pair, who have been seen recently with friends at L.A. hot spots Hyde Lounge and Tropicana Bar, "became the best of friends (while filming Dupree)," says a source who knows both actors. "They are smitten with each other."

Hudson's rep had no comment; Wilson's spokesperson called reports of a romance "all … untrue." (Hudson and Robinson told PEOPLE in a joint statement that "our reasons for separating have nothing to do with any third party.")

Still, some friends are pulling for a love match. "(When Kate and Owen met) it was perfect timing," says a pal of Hudson's. "She was ripe for some real companionship and fun. They are comedians and have a naturally upbeat view of life, which Chris did not have. She's a free spirit. And Owen is also a free bird."

Owen's Eyeful

Posted Aug 23rd 2006 11:16AM by TMZ Staff

Posted Image

Though Owen Wilson definitely expected questions about co-star Kate Hudson at their new film's London premiere, one thing he probably didn't expect was a flasher.

After calling for Wilson's attention, a woman inside a bar located behind the "You, Me and Dupree" press line lifted up her shirt and flashed her breasts at the actor.

When asked what he thought of the gesture Wilson told one reporter, "Wow! I kind of lost my train of thought with that one."

His "Dupree" co-star Michael Douglas also showed some confusion when the woman then decided to flick "V" signs at him.

He and Ellen Degeneres have the same hair.

He does doesn't he! He is ridiculously cheeky though. He has one of those faces that looks like an imp. I think he suits his Butterscotch Stallion tag, it's cute. Nice to see an actor blush for a change instead of trying to make the girls blush!!! :D Edited by GimmeSumSugar

ON THE SIDEOWEN Wilson may be in love with Kate Hudson, but it didn't stop him from fooling around with a Los Angeles p.r. type the last couple of months. In fact, the flack told friends that she and Wilson were going to get serious. "They had been dating," our source said. "She thought they were going to the next level, until it broke about him and Kate. When [the flack] e-mailed Owen about it, he texted her and said, 'We have to talk when I get back to L.A.' She's pretty upset, but everyone knows he's a dog."

Why can't Kate go for someone that is even remotely attractive? His broken nose and horse teeth are just not what I would call good looking. He can be funny, but mostly, he gets on my nerves.

Why can't Kate go for someone that is even remotely attractive? His broken nose and horse teeth are just not what I would call good looking. He can be funny, but mostly, he gets on my nerves.

he's got that loopy doopy cali thing going. Mellow and just a dude. I know a lot of women like that sort of thing. But real life women who want anything more from him than a roll in the hay are pretty sad. Now if they want an arse-licking...

Posted Image

After news of her relationship with costar Owen Wilson broke last week, Kate Hudson skipped the London premiere of her new film You, Me and Dupree on August 22. She was there in one-dimensional poster form, however, but even that was too close for comfort for Wilson.

Sources tell Us that when photographers tried to shoot the cast standing next to the film’s enlarged promotional poster, Wilson refused to stand next to Poster Kate and pushed costar Michael Douglas into that spot instead.

STAR ATTRACTIONS

All must be forgiven: Owen Wilson, who once played real-life Dupree to pal Woody Harrelson, has a ball hanging out with his buddy at the Libertas Film Festival in the seaside Croatian town of Dubrovnik on Tuesday.

Posted Image

If there is nothing going on then why didn't they just continue promoting the film together and laugh off all the rumours ?

Exactly! Or keep everyone guessing by showing up on the red carpets, smiling, staying silent, and refusing to comment.

Edited by Freckles

CROATIVE ARTIST (Sept. 1st) Owen Wilson takes the air on his terrace at the Hotel Excelzior in Dubrovnik, Croatia, exactly 6470 miles from Kate Hudson.

Posted Image