fykeylicious

Halloween Ideas

Ok, so we are having a Halloween party in mid-October and I'm demanding expecting everyone to wear costumes. :D

Any suggestions for some coordinating costumes for a couple? We don't have to coordinate, but I'd like to. Bonus points for inexpensive ideas!

Thanks everyone :)

One that I've wanted to do for a couple years is Bugs Bunny & Elmer Fudd. I have rabbit ears (I have pretty much any headband "costume" ever sold at Walmart ;-) and I'd just wear grey t-shirt & leggings. My husband has Elmer Fudd hunting hats & camo b/c he hunts, but Elmer actually just wore khaki, I think. Not a real gun, of course. Water gun. rabbit-fire.jpg

Or I'd dress him up as a hunter and I'd go as a PETA activist.

I remember my parents doing Little Orphan Annie & Daddy Warbucks when I was little. Looking back, that seems a very odd "couples" costume ;-) For my dad it was easy - he wore his tux and a bald "wig" (what's the opposite of a wig?) I think mom actually rented her costume, but you could do a red dress & black ballet flats or mary janes.

In college (before EVERYTHING for women was "slutty" we went as prostitutes through the ages. I was the 19th C english (like, Jack the Ripper era) One friend was an ancient Roman prostitute - her toga was yellow (I think? This was 20 some years ago ;-)

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1

Historic couples, romantic/literary couples (PLEASE avoid Romeo & Juliet though ;-), celeb couples.

One year (with an ex boyfriend) we went as Marilyn Monroe & JFK. He wore a suit and a JFK mask. I wore a blond wig, lowcut twirly dress and a faux fur from a thrift store (party was outside, in DC - I needed the coat ;-) I have a Morticia Addams wig - one year I wore that and my husband wore an old monk's robe he had and went as Uncle Fester (yes, Gomez would have been more romantic - but we had the costume for Uncle Fester ;-)

I write ideas down (and now, I use Pinterest). I tend to favor the punny costumes. Last year I wore the bunny ear headband and carried a feather duster - I was a dust bunny. Or 2 years ago. I don't think I dressed up last year. Another one I'd love to do uses cat ear headbands and a guitar - Cat Stevens :-) Many years ago for work, I wore a blue dress and devil horns headband and went as Devil with a blue dress on. However - I work at Duke and everyone just thought I was a blue devil. Wasn't even the right color blue!!!

Edited by Hoyaheel

Eek, now I have to come up with a couples costume too! We're going to visit my sister & family (new niece!!! and 2 yr old nephew) She just told me the weekend we're there is trick or treating at the zoo, so.....

I can't go to a trick or treat event and NOT dress up!! So I'm trying to come up with cheap & packable ideas!!! Pinterest has some cute ideas. Many are too complex/large to pack, but it's fun to look. I'm still liking Elmer Fudd/Bugs Bunny. Would it be tasteless to dress up as a hunter and go to a zoo? But he was a hapless hunter - I don't think he ever killed anything!

Ooh that dust bunny idea is great

That is awesome idea!

Way back when, I wore a black shirt that I put stickers on to look like a telephone key pad in the front, and the number 867-5309 on the back of the shirt. Had a telephone cord wrapped around me, and a fake pager stuck to me. Then I had a fake plastic butt. Any guesses what I was?? A booty call!

• Like 2