princess

The Celeb Price of Fame

Answer Bitch from E!

Q: What is the average size of women in show biz?

Michelle Jiron, Holloman AFB, New Mexico

A: You can have your 110 pounds any way you want, as a full-grown bullmastiff or as Penélope Cruz.

A.B. Replies: Well, let me put it this way: The only difference between Shannon Elizabeth and a neutrino is that we can see Elizabeth with the naked eye; they both weigh about the same.

Designers tell Answer B!tch, in nonscientific terms, that the average Hollywood actress weighs about 110 pounds. For perspective, consider:

? A healthy purebred bullmastiff, which grows to about 27 inches, can weigh that much.

? A typical peewee football league offers a weight guideline of up to 110 pounds for 9- to 12-year-old boys.

? Last October, some Oregon youths claimed to have grown a titanic watermelon that was four feet long, five feet wide and 110 pounds. Experts later vaunted the watermelon as one of the largest pieces of fruit ever seen in the state.

It gets even more interesting. These same actresses' heights can fall in the mid-five-feet range before they start to weigh more than adolescent children.

"The average for actresses is a size small, or a size four, maybe a size six," says designer Diane Medak, who has sent clothes to Britney Spears, Penélope Cruz and Paris Hilton. "I really notice when someone is taller; Christina Applegate, Cameron Diaz and Charlize Theron are all on the taller side. When you're getting into the taller women--say, five feet, 10 inches--you're talking about a size six."

Phew, that's a relief. Sort of.

Apparently, some of these Hollywood women aren't skinny enough. Just when they think they've mastered being all thin, somebody comes up with skinnier still. Last year, a Los Angeles store that shall not be named sold Britney a pair of tighty-tight shorty-shorts--size large. They have European sizing, I was told by way of explanation.

Designer Eric Gaskins made clothes for J.Lo's upcoming Shall We Dance? flick, and he told this B!tch Jennifer's perfect all over!

"I would say she is a size six on top, size four around the waist and a good size eight-plus through the hips," Gaskins dishes. "And that's most women."

Well, that's true for most women who date slack-jawed, pinky-ring-loving rap impresarios, model for Louis Vuitton and shoot dance sequences with Richard Gere. Oh, and of course, me.

The Answer Bitch from E!

Q: Why do some celebrities--primarily white stars like Nick Carter and Christina Aguilera, who make millions--insist on talking ghetto? I grew up near "the projects," and I don't speak this way.

Robin May, Stratford, Connecticut

A: A.B. Replies: Nick Carter knows he's starting to sound like an emcee at the Apollo, and chances are, it's about money.

Any pop historian could tell you that whitey has been cribbing off black musicians, including their speech patterns, since before Elvis. And most of the time--even when it involves the likes of Vanilla Ice--white people have profited nicely, a point obviously not lost on the Justin Timberlakes all up in this hizzy.

"Hip-hop is the biggest thing out there," says Donna Wright, an Orlando-based manager who helped launch the careers of the Backstreet Boys, 'N Sync and Pink. "Kids want to be hip-hop, even if they're not."

Remember: White pop tarts love to collect genuinely hard-core rappers to boost their own street cred and broaden their demographic appeal. Hence the guest rapper, so often parachuted into the middle of an otherwise saccharine ditty, to add the all-important black-up.

After a while, all that lucrative ghetto lingo ricocheting around the recording studio is bound to rub off on the kiddies.

"It's the singer's way of saying, 'I ain't no bubblegum artist,' " notes the Hollywood Reporter's Miami bureau chief, Deborah Wilker . She has been covering music for 21 years, most of that time in Florida, ground zero for the boy-band boom. "It's just about young people looking for street cred, that's all."

Well, street cred and a bigger line of credit. Speaking like you have no money can make you very rich. For every dat or sumpin' that leaves Timberlake's lips, a cascade of dollars (I mean dollas--er, chingy) comes flowing out of the hands of white teenagers.

Hence Christina Aguilera, from Pittsburgh, re-emerges as X-Tina, from Da Burg, y'all.

"These are people who are surrounded by so much artifice anyway," Wilker says. "Christina's hair isn't naturally jet-black Morticia Addams, either. It's all just another aspect of putting on a show."

To their credit, not all young stars are necessarily so calculating about how they sound.

"A lot of these people travel a lot," Wilker tells the Answer B!tch. "Listen to interviews with Elijah Wood. After living in New Zealand for a year and a half, he had a little accent. So, you can't always judge."

Even washed-up--oops, I mean older--stars can end up sounding like a bad dub track if they're pretentious enough. Remember when Madonna had Anglo fever and sounded, for a while, like she had just eaten Robin Leach?

Peace. I'm out. I mean Audi--er, I mean 5000. Or whatever.

EOnline.com

Go Big Money! If you want to know who's overdoing and who's underdoing when it comes to moolah, the Globe has the tantalizing tally this week. Among the tidbits in its multipage spread: Jay Leno spent $2 million on garages for his 160 vintage cars, and Celine Dion , with no more fashion sense than God gave a cat, has a custom-built $200,000 300-square-foot closet for her 1,000-plus pairs of shoes. Mariah Carey , also a member of the 1,000 shoes club, once bathed in 68 bottles of Cristal champagne, which at $300 a bottle makes for a $20,000 bath. She must have felt really dirty before and after. Over on the frugal side of the street, Julia Roberts served weenie dogs at one of her weddings, while the Today Show's $14.4 million per year host Katie Couric reportedly scrounges for $1 panties from discount bins. Moving from the heinously cheap to the just plain heinous, Newlyweds star Nick Lachey reportedly bought his wife Jessica Simpson a $1,100 lunch and left the waiters $14.

Somehow I can see Katie rooting through sale bins for $1 panties. :D Was Mariah trying to get into dirting dancing? Keeping up with Christina? :mellow: I would have a Macdonalds Happy Meal to have lunch with Nick anyday! :wub:

E!'s Answer Bitch

Q: What's up with Christina and Pamela's eyebrows--or rather, lack of them? Did they let someone attack their brows with a weed-whacker, or what?

Janie Seib, Louisville, Kentucky

Posted Image

A.B. Replies: Pamela Anderson and Christina Aguilera have indeed both allowed someone to poke at their faces as if hair follicles were tiny portals to hell, which must, at all costs, be removed from this earthly plane.

Born this way Christina was not...or so says eyebrow shaper and makeup artist Sadie Wilson.

"It was definitely their choice, and it's definitely an over-tweeze," says Wilson, the mother plucker at frank.studio in Santa Monica, California. "I don't think it's an accident; I think [Pam] and Christina keep them like that."

Why leaves us with why.

The reason Christina has parentheses on her forehead is thus, according to Jasmine Kim, who does eyebrows for tons of celebrities out of the Anastasia salon in Beverly Hills, the Official Salon of the Answer B!tch:

"All the young ones tend to go for a thinner look," Kim sighs to the unsympathetic B!tch. "It makes them look older, more mature, edgier."

Kim hasn't hacked into either Aguilera's or Anderson's eyebrows, but she has mastered the furry art of brow science. She knows what's up. Example: Pluck your brow too much and--unlike certain tattoo-happy ex-husbands--it won't keep coming back for more drama.

"With Pamela Anderson, she probably started tweezing them like that when she was young, and they never grew back," Kim speculates. "She's probably working with what she's got, at this point."

Could be, sure. An unscientific study of photo archives clearly shows that Anderson had her eyebrows under full tiny-tonged assault at least 10 years ago, if not earlier.

Other accounts of eyebrow victims? This B!tch has 'em.

"Some people, even if they shave off their eyebrows, they grow back differently," Kim dishes. "Charlize Theron had to shave her eyebrows for Monster, and they never grew back the same. She's been by the salon; you can just kind of tell."

So, that look of surprise that Theron had on Oscar night? It might have just been the eyebrows. Or lack thereof.

Cruise Ordered To Diet for Movie

imdb.com

Movie bosses are demanding Tom Cruise loses weight for his starring role in film sequel Mission Impossible 3, so they've put him on a strict diet. Cruise's management have told the actor - who split with actress Penelope Cruz in January - to lose weight, and they've drawn up a special eating plan for him, according to German newspaper Berliner Morgenpost . The Hollywood actor is currently in Berlin scouting locations for the action movie. Kitchen staff at The Four Seasons Hotel - where Cruise is staying - have been informed of the actor's diet and have been given a full list of what to serve him when he gets hungry.

Not often we hear about a man needing to diet for a role, what a shame men are getting pressure too - how freaking skinny does he need to be for an action movie??...

Geesh. Tom does not look fat to me. They made Matt Damon lose about 40 pounds for Saving Private Ryan and he got very ill over it. Took him 2 years of medications to get him well again. I think Tom looks good, but then Hollywood rules, don't they.

Guest ilovestewie

It's time men were held up to nearly impossible ideals as well. Even still, he'll be "allowed" to have wrinkles and some gray hair if he "wants."

another price of fame ---> stalkers

A man has been arrested on suspicion of stalking rock chick Avril Lavigne. The 30 year old US man, James Speedy, is accused of sending harassing letters and e-mails to Avril, 19, police said.

BBC News

I was surprised about Tom Cruise had to lose weight, I thought that never applied to men. Well, I don't know what he looks like now and he is on the short side. And if the camera add ten pounds, maybe he has to take off a little.

another price of fame ---> stalkers

A man has been arrested on suspicion of stalking rock chick Avril Lavigne. The 30 year old US man, James Speedy, is accused of sending harassing letters and e-mails to Avril, 19, police said.

BBC News
Yes, unfortuntely a VERY bad price of fame. :(

EOnline.com

POORLY MANAGED: A woman who allegedly posed as Reba McEntire's tour manager and convinced an elderly man to pay her $2,000 to get him a security job with the singer has been arrested.

Prime of Fame = people using you and/or your name.

Top 10 Celebrity Meltdowns

From Courtney to Whitney to Downey: when personal flameouts take place in the spotlight

By Kat Giantis

For MSN Entertainment

Courtney Love 's recent trouble-filled visit to New York taught us one thing: watching a star self-destruct isn't all that much fun. Sure, we checked out those boob snaps, but we felt really guilty about it. What will happen to little Frances Bean, we wondered? And will her mom's problems add years to her presumed therapy?

Why are we fascinated with Love's out-of-control antics? Because when a celebrity flames out, it's usually not in front of camera-wielding witnesses.

Handlers pocket big bucks to ensure that hospitalization is the result of "exhaustion" or "dehydration" and that pesky brushes with the law are "misunderstandings." On rare occasions when a star falls apart before a mass audience, we just can't tear our eyes away, despite our better judgment.

In the wake of Love's Big Apple breakdown, we decided to take a look at some other celebs who have spiraled downward in the public eye. Keep in mind that examples of the tragic (Kurt Cobain, River Phoenix ), the tragically ludicrous (former child stars in handcuffs), and just plain ridiculous (O.J. in his pokey Bronco) have been nixed.

So, prepare to go off the deep end as we count down the 10 worst celebrity meltdowns...

10. Mariah Carey, 34

Meltdown Moment: It was a cruel summer for Mariah Carey in July 2001. The octave-jumping, cleavage-abusing diva, busily promoting her soon-to-be-released, semi-autobiographical flick "Glitter " (and we all know how that turned out), seemed out of sorts. On MTV's TRL, she handed out popsicles before beginning a bizarre striptease. "I just want one day off when I can go swimming and eat ice cream and look at rainbows," Mariah told a befuddled Carson Daly . Days later, the pop star left a pair of rambling audio messages on her Web site. Hospitalization, officially blamed on "extreme exhaustion," soon followed.

Dysfunctional Dialogue: "I just want you to know that I'm trying to understand things in life right now," Carey said on her Web site. "I just can't trust anybody anymore right now because I don't understand what's going on ... I'm desperately trying to get out of this room ... I allowed myself to be a little too paranoid about life ... I'm gonna take like a minute off... Nothing's wrong ..."

The Aftermath: The butterfly-loving chart-topper has yet to soar to her previous record-breaking heights. Post-breakdown, her record label, EMI, dumped her, though it kindly ponied up $28 million to buy out her contract. Her ultra-personal album "Charmbracelet" earned mixed reviews but solid sales, and she earned strong notices for her downscaled 2003 concert tour. She currently has a new album in the works and will once again brave the big screen as she plays against type as a diva in the upcoming flick "State Property II."

9. Margot Kidder, 55

Meltdown Moment: In April 1996, the whisky-voiced actress, who hit it big as Superman's sweetie Lois Lane, suffered a manic-depressive episode while in L.A. and spent several days living on the streets, sharing a cardboard box with a homeless guy named Charlie. By the time police found her hiding in a stranger's back yard, she was dirty, dazed, missing her front dental bridge, and had hacked off her hair to escape detection from CIA agents and one of her ex-husbands (she was experiencing a wee bit of paranoia).

Dysfunctional Dialogue: "Mental illness is the last taboo," the actress told Barbara Walters shortly after her episode, admitting she had suffered from depression for decades. "It's the one that scares everyone to death, and I have to include myself in that until the last few months."

The Aftermath: According to Kidder, she's been able to keep her illness in check without drugs, instead relying on a combination of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. "For me, the solution was finally getting away from psychiatric drugs and actually healing my body so I wouldn't have the symptoms that are called mental illness," she told the AP. Despite breaking her pelvis in a 2002 car accident, she continues to act and will next be seen with Andie MacDowell in the supernatural thriller "The Last Signs."

8. Martin Lawrence, 39

Meltdown Moment: Tough call, given Lawrence's past troubles. Better known incidents include a sexual harassment suit filed by his "Martin" co-star Tisha Campbell , an attempt to board a plane with a Beretta, and a life-threatening coma caused by wearing heavy layers while jogging in 100-degree heat. But Martin's nadir probably came in 1996, when he was hospitalized after police found him at a busy L.A. intersection in a pot-induced stupor screaming at passing cars with a loaded gun in his pocket.

Dysfunctional Dialogue: "I'm still in this game and I'm still very much going strong," the funnyman told the L.A. Times last year. "For all my trials and tribulations, I am a man with a good heart. I am not out to hurt nobody. I just want to make you laugh."

The Aftermath: Despite a reputation for being difficult, Lawrence has continued to crank out hit films, most recently scoring with "Bad Boys II" opposite Will Smith . Next up is "Rage Control," in which he'll play a college basketball coach who's forced to head up a losing junior varsity team after suffering -- wink, wink -- a public meltdown. But he's not quite in the clear. In February, he was sued by a woman who alleges he popped her in the jaw. Lawrence's rep calls the suit "financially motivated."

7. Anne Heche, 34

Meltdown Moment: On Aug. 19, 2000, the cute blonde best known as Ellen DeGeneres ' better half knocked on the door of a modest Fresno home. Dazed and scantily clad, Heche said her SUV had broken down, asked to take a shower, and then made herself at home. When the cops arrived a short time later, the actress, who had publicly announced the end of her headline-grabbing three-year relationship with DeGeneres the day before, declared she was God and would take everyone back to heaven in her spaceship.

Dysfunctional Dialogue: In her 2001 autobiography, "Call Me Crazy," Heche explained that her disoriented Fresno daytrip was the result of mental illness (fueled by Ecstasy) stemming from childhood abuse by her father, which led her to create an alter ego named Celestia, "a being from the fourth dimension here to teach the world about love."

The Aftermath: The Fresno incident snapped Heche out of "31 years of a fantasy world that I created to make myself feel safe," she told People. Ellen's ex eventually settled into a more traditional life with blue-blooded husband Coleman Laffoon, who is a stay-at-home dad to their son, Homer, 2. Heche has earned rave reviews on Broadway for "Proof" and "Twentieth Century" and will play Nicole Kidman's best friend in the upcoming "Birth."

6. Whitney Houston, 40

Meltdown Moment: It's been a slow and painful slide for the once mega-selling, Grammy-winning superstar. Her downfall began in earnest in 1997 with a sweat-soaked live performance on HBO and continued with an airport pot bust; an Oscar-telecast firing by Burt Bacharach after she acted confused and forgot lyrics during rehearsals; an appearance at a Michael Jackson tribute concert, during which she looked frail enough to spark rumors that she was near death (producers later digitally altered Houston to look meatier); and a televised drug confession.

Dysfunctional Dialogue: "Is it alcohol? Is it marijuana? Is it cocaine? Is it pills?" Diane Sawyer asked Whitney during her ill-advised sit-down in 2002. "It has been at times," replied the "I Will Always Love You" belter, who was adamant she'd never used crack. Said Whit, "Crack is whack."

The Aftermath: Ongoing. Whitney continues to stand by her troubled man, Bobby Brown (see below), despite their domestic problems. Things started to look up in March when Houston checked into rehab, but she bolted a few days later. Her rep insists she's continuing treatment privately.

5. Bobby Brown, 35

Meltdown Moment: Too many to list. Brown's reputation as an R&B singer has long been overshadowed by his numerous run-ins with Johnny Law. His preferred recipe for disaster: drugs, alcohol and high-performance sports cars. Since Bobby wed Whitney in 1992, he's been in and out of jail for repeatedly violating his parole and most recently spent a night in the pokey for failing to pay child support to the mother of two of his children.

Brown, who broke down in tears before being taken into custody, quickly paid the debt.

Dysfunctional Dialogue: In 2002, Brown told Diane Sawyer that he smokes pot "maybe every other day" to keep his bipolar problem in check. "Me and drugs -- we're not friends," said Bobby. "We're not friends at all." In March 2004, he told the judge overseeing his child support hearing, "A lot of things have come down on me with my life, my marriage, my children. I never wanted this to happen.''

The Aftermath: Too soon to tell. Among other legal scrapes, Brown is due in court next month for allegedly assaulting Houston. In the meantime, he's having a camera crew trail him in hopes the reality of his turbulent life will appeal to a network.

4. Christian Slater, 34

Meltdown Moment: The "Heathers " hottie was no stranger to the boys in blue when he sunk his teeth into trouble in August 1997. Slater, who'd been nabbed three years earlier at JFK Airport with a gun in his bag, was bingeing on tequila, vodka and cocaine at a friend's party when he punched a female acquaintance in the face, chomped a man in the chest who came to her defense, kicked a janitor in the stomach, and tried to grab a cop's gun. Slater, who claimed he had no recollection of his wild behavior, woke up in jail.

Dysfunctional Dialogue: "I take full ownership of the incident," Slater told Rolling Stone in 1998. "I haven't shown any great character, doing drugs and alcohol. The cat's out of the bag on me, OK? I'm insane. No doubt about it. Crystal clear. I can't lie about it. I lie, I die. It's over."

The Aftermath: Slater entered rehab and eventually served 59 days in jail. He revived his career with a stint on Broadway and reformed his bad-boy image by settling into domesticity with wife Ryan Haddon, whom he wed in February 2000 (they have two kids). But Slater's hell-raiser reputation resurfaced in 2003, first when he and Haddon reportedly partied hearty with Ben Affleck at a Vancouver strip club and later when his missus was jailed overnight for winging a glass at his head (he received nine stitches behind his ear). The charges against her were later dropped. The recent headlines haven't slowed Slater down: He currently has five movies in the can.

3. Charlie Sheen, 38

Meltdown Moment: A star by the time he was 21, Sheen put the "demons" in hedonism, spending thousands on Heidi Fleiss' call girls and, at his lowest point, downing two quarts of vodka a day and smoking copious amounts of cocaine. On May 20, 1998, after a week of nonstop partying, Sheen was rushed to the hospital suffering from a drug overdose, a fact his father, Martin Sheen , candidly announced to the press. Charlie quickly checked into a treatment center, only to leave by limo a few hours later. His worried dad got an arrest warrant, arguing that the "Platoon " star had broken his probation in an earlier no-contest plea for attacking his ex-girlfriend. Faced with jail time, the actor chose to work on his self-described "destructive appetites" in rehab.

Dysfunctional Dialogue: "I was a little annoyed at the time," Sheen said of his father's tough-love approach, "but he saved my life, and I love him for that."

The Aftermath: Sober since getting out of treatment, Sheen has become the quintessential comeback kid. He's found new success on the small screen, first as Michael J. Fox 's replacement on "Spin City," a role that earned him a Golden Globe, and currently on the CBS hit "Two and a Half Men." He wed actress Denise Richards in June 2003, and the couple welcomed a daughter, Sam, in March.

2. Robert Downey Jr., 39

Meltdown Moment: Downey earned his stripes as death-pool poster boy in 1996, when police stopped him for speeding and discovered crack, heroin and an unloaded gun in his car. Soon after, the Oscar-nominated actor pulled a Goldilocks when he wandered into a neighbor's house and passed out. What followed were five years of relapses, jail time, stints in rehab, and lost jobs.

Dysfunctional Dialogue: "It's like I've got a shotgun in my mouth, and I've got my finger on the trigger, and I like the taste of gun metal," a desperate Downey said in court in 1999, just before he was sentenced to state prison.

The Aftermath: Still perceived as an insurance risk, Downey has nonetheless found steady work, including a co-starring role with Halle Berry in 2003's "Gothika ." The thespian, who says his preferred vice these days is tea, plans to marry producer Susan Levin at Christmas, with his 10-year-old son, Indio, serving as his best man.

1. Michael Jackson, 45

Meltdown Moment: So many crashes, so little space. Among the lowlights that have almost completely obliterated Jackson's once-deserved reputation as the King of Pop: the reported $20 million settlement of a child-molestation lawsuit in 1994 (Jackson maintains his innocence); the disfiguring plastic surgery; the marriages to Lisa Marie Presley and Debbie Rowe; the masked children; the money problems; the kooky disguises; the baby dangling ; the disastrous documentary with Martin Bashir, during which he admitted he slept in bed with "many children"; and the current molestation charges that could land him behind bars.

Dysfunctional Declaration: "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons," Jackson said after being booked in November. "The truth will win this marathon in court."

The Aftermath: With Jackson's image so tarnished by scandal, it will take a PR miracle for his star to be reborn. In March, amid legal wrangling over the current accusations, the Neverland-dwelling performer made an appearance in Washington, D.C., where he was filmed holding and hugging children. Is there a chance Michael will awaken from the Peter Pan fantasyland he's living in and face the reality of his world, which is crumbling faster than his nose? Maybe, but it might be too late to salvage his fame and resurrect the moonwalking, sequined-glove-wearing musical genius of old.

Here's a bit more on the fake security job scam.

hollywood.com

Woman Posing As Reba Aide Arrested

A woman who supposedly posed as Reba McEntire 's tour manager and persuaded a 77-year-old man to pay her $2,000 for a security job with the country singer was arrested Saturday for investigation of fiduciary abuse of an elderly person, The Associated Press reports. According to officials with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Michelle Greene, 38, allegedly told the man he should leave his job to go work for McEntire . He called authorities after Greene failed to pick him up in the tour bus. The man, who quit his job as a community aide for the sheriff's department, was allowed to resume his job with the county. According to the AP, authorities fielded calls Monday from nearly a dozen other people who said they were potential victims of the scam.

Cruise Ordered To Diet for Movie

imdb.com

Movie bosses are demanding Tom Cruise loses weight for his starring role in film sequel Mission Impossible 3, so they've put him on a strict diet. Cruise's management have told the actor - who split with actress Penelope Cruz in January - to lose weight, and they've drawn up a special eating plan for him, according to German newspaper Berliner Morgenpost . The Hollywood actor is currently in Berlin scouting locations for the action movie. Kitchen staff at The Four Seasons Hotel - where Cruise is staying - have been informed of the actor's diet and have been given a full list of what to serve him when he gets hungry.

Not often we hear about a man needing to diet for a role, what a shame men are getting pressure too - how freaking skinny does he need to be for an action movie??...

Cruise Rejects Studio Diet

imdb.com

Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise has refused to cooperate with a diet plan designed to get him into top shape for Mission: Impossible 3 - because he prefers doing it his own way. Anxious studio bosses handed the 41-year-old the dietary schedule in preparation for his role as Ethan Hunt in the sequel, but Cruise is not interested in losing weight. A source explains, "The studio were concerned about him looking right so they had a diet drawn up for him. But Tom told them he does his own preparation. He's not chubby - training for The Last Samurai gave him muscle on muscle."

Sounds like he still intends to diet for the part....

Guest ilovestewie

I'm sure Scientology has the perfect diet plan to help him get into Mission Impossible shape. And, I'm sure we'll all hear about how Scientology can now help you shed pounds and inches and is like no other.. :rolleyes:

Page Six

THEY'RE ALL PALS

STARDOM seems to eliminate jealousy. For instance, Warren Beatty and Annette Bening joined Sean Penn and Catherine Keener for dinner at Spice Market the other night. Despite the fact that Penn was married to Madonna and Beatty was seriously involved with her, the two men are close friends. Later that evening, Jason Patric joined the table. When Penn called his wife, Robin Wright, who was in L.A., Patric asked to say hello - because, our spy reported, he dated her years ago.

Price of fame = you've dated everyone in your industry :D

Posted Image

BROOKE SHIELDS above. I would go nuts with all those people hovering over me like this all the time...

CHAOS BEHIND THE GLASS WALLSPage SixTHE soaring glass façades of the twin Richard Meier towers at the western end of Perry Street hide a snakepit of construction delays, water leaks and ugly squabbles between such neighbors as Nicole Kidman, Calvin Klein and Martha Stewart."You won't believe what's going on in these buildings," director Vincent Gallo told Vanity Fair. "It's a microcosm of everything ugly in human beings - beautiful, beautiful architecture desecrated by scandal, greed, conniving and gluttony."Several buyers have had to live in hotels for weeks at a time because they had no heat or because water was cascading from the roof. Several have had to replace their rosewood floors. Some buyers sold before moving in, and one-third of the units are now on the market.One issue arose because floors in the south tower are substantially larger and go for about $4 million each while floors in the north tower are as low as $2 million. "We call it the Poor Persons' Tower," one resident joked. The board is dominated by the south tower folks, who promptly doubled the maintenance from $2,000 per apartment per month to $4,000."Gallo was not alone among those in the north tower in feeling that the dramatic rise in maintenance charges was an insupportable act of autocracy by the ultra-wealthy people in the south tower," report VF's Vicky Ward."I fail to see how this is not going to go before [state Attorney General] Eliot Spitzer," said Joe Castaldo, a textiles magnate who lives two floors above Gallo.Several residents are furious because their downstairs neighbors have refused to give them permission to drill through the floor to move plumbing pipes.Many other residents are angry at Rita Schrager, ex-wife of hotelier Ian Schrager , because she put up curtains in violation of building by-laws which stipulate the installation of electronic white window coverings in every apartment to give the facade a uniform appearance. Gallo says Schager's curtains look like "little Bombay."The glass-clad buildings have suffered several gunshots, requiring window replacement. And there are gawkers. Hugh Jackman , who rents the sixth floor of the south tower for $35,000 a month, "has swifty become the building's biggest attraction . . . one person in the north tower says that he has friends who come over just to watch, through binoculars, the actor stride around his apartment."

The Answer Bitch

EOnline.com

Q: Why do some foreign actors--like Charlize Theron, Portia de Rossi and Mel Gibson--adopt an American accent? Maybe a better question is, how do they continue to do it?

Susan Kim, Brooklyn, New York

A: Think of Hollywood accents as being like Pam Anderson's eyebrows: Once plucked, they may never come back.

Long before she first blinded us with those wholesome, horsey choppers, Georgia-bred Julia Roberts made a conscious choice to lose her hayseed twang. Like so many other budding actors, she was convinced she wouldn't get parts unless she sounded like she came from Exactly Nowhere, USA.

"A non-regional American accent, often called standard American English, is the most marketable type of speech in the entertainment field today," says Sam Chwat, a New York-based dialect coach who tutored Roberts in her pre-Mystic Pizza days.

To learn an accent for a movie, actors usually study with a dialect coach for several weeks. (Chwat helped Marcia Gay Harden learn Brooklynese for her Oscar-winning Pollock role, see.) But it takes at least three months of intense classes to permanently lose an accent. In those cases, Chwat and his colleagues often do their jobs so well their clients literally forget how they used to talk.

"Julia had lost her southern accent so completely she had to take dialect classes to get it back for Steel Magnolias," Chwat says.

Charlize Theron doesn't even speak English as her first language. The native South African took great pains to lose her Afrikaans "yah-yah," soon after a Hollywood manager discovered our farm girl arguing with a teller at a Hollywood bank.

She still falls back into Afrikaans when she visits the old sod, but Industry experts tell this B!tch Theron's smart enough to know that, when she's in the good ol' U.S. of A., the talk of the Yankee equals bigger bankee.

And Mel Gibson? Now, he's an odd one, and not just because he blinks too much and thinks his Anglican wife is going to hell. See, until late adolescence, the Aussie-associated Gibson actually lived Stateside. He was born in Peekskill, New York, to a brakeman on the New York Central Railroad. But after suffering an injury at work, dad Hutton Gibson used his insurance settlement to move the clan to Australia.

Vocal coaches tell this B!tch that a childhood under the Stars and Stripes probably affected Gibson's speech patterns permanently, explaining why, whenever Mel blames the devil for this and that, he does so with an accent more Uncle Sam than Crocodile Dundee.

histar.comJennifer Love Hewitt isn't living up to her name. Jennifer says she's convinced she'll stay single forever and that her celebrity status has ruined her love life. Jennifer says that men never approach her, because they are too intimidated by her and that she does more of the asking out than getting asked. If you're keeping score at home, Jennifer says that in her entire life she's had two guys approach her and ask her out.

T-Boz of the female R&B group TLC has filed for divorce from her husband, rapper Mack 10, saying he committed adultery and threatened to kill her. The singer — whose real name is Tionne Tenese Watkins Rolison — also has arranged for a temporary restraining order against the rapper, barring him from coming within 100 yards of her. T-Boz filed the divorce papers and requested the restraining order June 8. She seeks full custody of their 3-year-old daughter, Chase Anela.

TLC Singer Files for Divorce

CELEB PICTURES TO DEPEND ON

Page Six

AN embarrassing photograph of Larry King's garbage has been pulled from an art exhibit because it shows a box of Depends adult diapers among the detritus.

The diapers in the 70-year-old CNN talkmeister's trash set tongues wagging Tuesday night at four-star eatery Le Bernardin, where French photographers Pascal Rostain and Bruno Mouron previewed their exhibit "Star Trash" for which they shot the rubbish collected from the curbs of King, Jack Nicholson, Tom Hanks, Cindy Crawford, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Madonna, Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Melanie Griffith and other boldfaced names.

Rostain, who removed the King photo from his show yesterday, told PAGE SIX that the inclusion of the Depends box image was not an attempt to embarrass the bespectacled broadcaster. He said, "We didn't know that this product was for old people — we thought it was for babies.

"We were not trying to make a scandal. [At the party] some people were laughing. We said, 'Oh, [bleep]. And so now the picture will not be in the show."

Rostain and Mouron, who have been rummaging through celebrity refuse for the past 15 years, say they purposefully leave out any garbage of a sexual or medical nature, and even decided against exhibiting a photograph of Ronald Reagan's garbage because of his death last week.

They instead immortalize such illuminating bits of debris as Crawford's Lear jet bills, Mel Gibson's dog-eared copy of "Interview with the Vampire" and Pam Anderson's empty wine coolers.

The full exhibition will be on display at the Star Trash Store at 28 Wooster St. through July 16. Photos of the trash of Travolta and Madonna will be displayed at Le Bernardin.

"Garbage is the best portrait of a person," Mouron says. "It's really a [blue]print to the American way of life. I'm sure these pieces will be very interesting in the next 50 years."

The five-times married King, who likes to boast that he had two young sons with his much-younger wife, Shawn, "without Viagra," had no comment on the photo, a CNN spokeswoman said.

That must really suck to have people going through your trash!@!$%$