princess

The Celeb Price of Fame

DEAD INDEEDPage SixPAULY Shore needs a hit. The comic hit the opening of David Barton's new gym on the site of the former YMCA made famous by the Village People song. In town to publicize his new film, "Pauly Shore is Dead," he made his way up the red carpet to zero interest from the paparazzi, a bystander tells us. The has-been and his brother, Peter Shore, later took to pinching and hitting on women. When Peter identified himself to one stunner as Pauly Shore's brother, she deadpanned, "Oh my God — that makes you so much more uncool." Ouch!

Liza Sued by Injured Assistant

EOnline.com

by Sarah Hall

Oct 1, 2004, 12:55 PM PT

If you believe a new lawsuit, Liza Minnelli hits more than high notes.

The multitalented entertainer has been sued by her former longtime personal assistant, M'hammed Soumayah, for "money damages arising from personal injuries," according to court records.

The amount of the damages and specific details of the suit are not known because Soumayah's lawyer, Harvey Mars, filed the case under seal, due to a confidentiality agreement his client signed with Minnelli, effective up until she fired him in August.

Mars declined to discuss the case, but told the New York Post that it was "substantial."

Minnelli's lawyer, Dorothy Webber, did not comment on the suit.

It's not the first time Minnelli's been sued for alleged abuse. Her ex-husband, David Gest filed a $10 million lawsuit against the Cabaret singer last October, accusing her of repeatedly beating him on the head and body during drunken rages.

Gest alleges that his two-year marriage to Minnelli left him with vertigo, high-blood pressure, severe headaches and "scalp tenderness," among other lasting reminders of the union, according to his lawsuit which is posted on TheSmokingGun.com.

He appeared on Dateline to document the treatments he was undergoing as a result of the trauma to his head, which consisted in part of having long needles inserted into his cranium, in addition to popping "11 prescription medications per day," according to his suit.

Soumayah, who worked for Minnelli for about 10 years, in the capacity of chauffeur, bodyguard and confidant, has been subpoenaed to be deposed as a witness in Gest's case, Mars said.

Gest's lawsuit against Minnelli recounts an incident where his former wife went out drinking with Soumayah after Gest had forbidden her to order cocktails from room service at their hotel.

"Hours later, the defendant returned to the hotel extremely intoxicated, upset, agitated, uncontrollable and angry," the suit states.

"Upon entering the hotel suite, the defendant immediately attacked the plaintiff. Defendant repeatedly beat plaintiff about the head, face and chest with open hands and closed fists, concentrating on the right and left sides of his head, shouting insults and obscenities throughout the attack."

Minnelli filed for divorce the day after she was sued by Gest, saying his allegations were "hurtful and without merit." Last November, she hit back with a lawsuit of her own, accusing her former husband-manager of stealing money from her and seeking $2 million in damages.

The onetime couple's various legal actions are still pending.

TWO CONCERT TOURS CANCELLEDGrateful Dead's Bob Weir cancells fall tour with solo band, Ratdog, due to "complete physical exhaustion."Press releaseIn sad news, Melissa Etheridge has cancelled her tour after being diagnosed with breast cancer in order to undergo treatment.CNN.com

In sad news, Melissa Etheridge has cancelled her tour after being diagnosed with breast cancer in order to undergo treatment.CNN.com

Oh that sucks! :(

Law: "Engagement Stories Were Awkward"

imdb.com

Movie star Jude Law cringed when the British press claimed he had proposed to his girlfriend Sienna Miller, because he had to explain to his friends and family there wasn't an engagement. Earlier this month the Sunday Mirror newspaper reported the handsome Londoner had asked his Alfie co-star lover to marry him in Venice, Italy, which was followed by denials by Miller. Law says, "There's nothing more uncomfortable than being very happy and very much together and receiving endless phone calls from family and friends saying 'well done' because then you have to deny it." Law took the opportunity to make a plea to the tabloids to give him, Miller and his family some privacy, and to stop "making up" stories. He explains, "I think it's a terrible shame that the editors aren't recognizing their responsibility. It just seems so careless and nasty. People are very generous in the street, but at the same time there is the obvious tabloid attention and scrutiny which is uncomfortable. The constant attention and hounding by photographers, that's an actual sort of physical violation."

The Answer Bitch

EOnline.com

How do stars avoid stretch marks after childbirth? Is there a certain cream they use, or are they just the lucky ones?

Megan Blanchard, Ottawa

A.B. Replies: The research is in. Pardon me while I deal with the shock.

In a place where money can buy anything--including more money--skin doctors here in Hollywood insist that nothing can completely erase stretch marks. Nothing. Not harp-seal placentas, not Kabbalah, not Kérastase shampoo, not a night with Colin Farrell.

Let's savor this moment a little longer. Once a star's chamois-smooth skin has widened beyond its contractual obligations, the lower layers of her derma explode in tiny tantrums of outrage, and up come the perpetual crinkle-paper inscriptions of doom. It works just like it does here on Earth.

So, as soon as the stick turns blue, the star usually gets right to work on preventative measures. She gets herself to the spa, or on the phone with her publicist, who tries to scare up some free moisturizers. Doctors do say microdermabrasion--Angeleno for "scrubbing"--and some creams can enhance the belly's elasticity enough to give it more of a fighting chance against scarring.

Examples: Recently preggers Gwyneth Paltrow is a reported client of the Elemis Day Spa in London. The Japanese camellia oil there is rumored to prevent stretch marks. So is Crème de la Mer's Body Serum, but it goes for $150 at Neiman's. So, you can either avoid stretch marks or send your unborn to college.

Make no mistake. Pregnant celebrities pray feverishly to their gauzy, Swarovski-crystal-encrusted gods that these skin treatments work. Once stretch marks appear, they usually stay; they're family now. Well, the stretch marks and those squalling proto-princess larva babies of theirs.

Supermodel Niki Taylor has twins, and she claims to have a stretch mark or two.

"I did the whole oil and lotion thing to try to keep [the stretch marks] off, but I just got too big," Taylor told People in 1997. She even tried laser surgery, a popular postpartum strategy, but said the procedure made the marks worse.

The only other alternative: Call someone like surgeon-to-the-stars Dr. George Orloff, drop about $8,000 and have your entire thorax recarved.

"In Hollywood, a lot of women, after pregnancy, want a mini tummy tuck," Orloff tells this B!tch . "They have stretch marks around their breasts and belly area, and the tuck gets a lot of that skin removed--cutting out the stretch marks."

All that said: If you believe what big actresses like Reese Witherspoon and Kate Winslet say (do you eat soap, too?), then there are plenty of A-listers with all kinds of untouched birthing scars.

"I have cellulite, I have stretch marks," Witherspoon told the Evening Standard earlier this year. "My breasts are not what they were before I breastfed two children. If I ever have to do a bikini scene, it will become a caftan scene."

Promise?

JEALOUS EX SNOOPS ON SPADE

Page Six

DAVID Spade has a high tolerance for shenanigans, but when it comes to nutty nymphettes, he draws the line.

The comedian dumped Krista Allen two weeks ago (after six months of dating) when the stunner ? best known for her Maxim magazine layouts and a small role as Billie on "Days of Our Lives" ? started to display "psycho tendencies," sources said.

"They were dating and having what David thought was a good time," said one spy. "They were just kind of quietly hanging out, but then he starts to learn, from friends and others, that Krista has found out his code to his voice mail."

According to Spade's pals, Allen, from the start, had been "tapping into his voice mail and checking on his every move. What is crazy is that David is a great guy and never did anything wrong. He would never cheat on her. She was just so jealous. Every time they went out, she was always very touchy-feely and did not like any woman coming near him."

But all's well that ends well: Spade is now happily dating someone new, another buxom brunette. Pals won't reveal her name as they fear Allen's wrath, but she was spotted on Spade's arm at the Kennedy Center gala last week honoring Lorne Michaels.

Spade and his new girlfriend hung out backstage with Steve Martin and Christopher Walken, where he was overheard saying to friends, "The truth of the matter is Krista is insanely jealous."

Spade, who's now starring in "Eight Simple Rules," claims he never saw these tendencies when he first dated the batty bimbette in 2001. Allen dumped him three years ago for a bigger fish: George Clooney, whom she dated for a year.

Representatives for Spade and Allen didn't return calls.

Of course, jealous partners are nothing new to Hollywood.

During Fashion Week in September, Mischa Barton snubbed Janet Jackson because, spies told PAGE SIX, her beau Brandon Davis had commented on how hot Jackson was. Meanwhile, jealousy was a major issue in the break-up of Nick Carter and Paris Hilton ? some saying the green-eyed monster led to the fight that left Hilton bruised and battered.

Maybe Krista Allen became jealous becasue when she was with George he had a roving eye, and now she is super paranoid. Or maybe she is just a nut ball :)

Police Encourage Tara Reid's Speeding

imdb.com

Actress Tara Reid was horrified when a policeman recently pulled her over for speeding - but instead of giving her a ticket the star-struck officer told her to drive even faster. The American Pie beauty was anxious when her Porsche sports car was stopped, but realized the perks of fame when the officer told her to decide on her own speed limit. She explains, "I was driving my Porsche convertible at speed on this empty freeway, and when the cop pulled me over, I thought 'S**t, I'm going to get a ticket.' Instead he asked me how fast I could go. Unsure, I said, 'Maybe 100.' Then he says, 'Do you want to go faster?' and he let me go to the end of the freeway as fast as I wanted. It was great. I did 130 miles per hour!"

The Answer Bitch

EOnline.com

Why does Johnny Depp hate his time on 21 Jump Street ? If it weren't for that show, no one would know who he is, and he wouldn't have had a teenybopper image to rebel against by starring in all those Tim Burton movies. Besides, some of the episodes were pretty good.

Kenneth Alverson, Easley, South Carolina

Posted Image

[ohnny Depp]

We'd venture to guess Johnny Depp sorta wishes you never saw this.

A.B. Replies: You speak of that show where the former Holly Robinson stuffed as many pins on her acid-washed denim jacket as physics would allow and then sang that theme song about being ready to jump at any moment.

Finding out exactly what ate at Depp for his three years as Jump Street 's Tom Hanson would involve a nightmarish game of bicoastal publicist tag-teamin', phonin' and cajolin'. And excuse me, but this is the holiday season. I'd rather those people not steal my Christmas.

Here's what we do know: Most (okay, all) actors have some embarrassing entry in their early curriculum--say, dressing up as animals or humping women slathered in eye shadow during daytime TV slots.

But most also have the good sense either to shut up about those early years or to say something nice about the people who gave them their break.

Actors who lack this emergency switch in their social skills also tend to enjoy reputations as being difficult. But forgive them, please, for they are artists, put here to leave James Lipton quaking in his Actors Studio for decades to come.

Now, George Clooney, you don't hear him trashing his days wearing a toolbelt on The Facts of Life. Tom Cruise, has he ever said a bad word about swinging his sword at a behorned Tim Curry in Legend? We're pretty sure not. And to date, this B!tch could find nary a peep of comment from Russell Crowe about his early days as Shirty the Slightly Aggressive Bear. Crowe donned the paws in a 1992 episode of the Australian TV comedy series The Late Show.

Oh, but look here! A la Depp and Alec Guinness (who bitched about his Obi Wan Kenobi days: "I shrivel up every time someone mentions Star Wars"), Crowe has had plenty of nasty things to say about his four-episode stint on the Aussie soap Neighbours (that's Australian for "neighbors," people) in 1987.

"So, here's the script, right, and I'm reading it, and it's crap, right?" Crowe later recalled to W magazine. "Because the show's crap--I don't care if you like it or not--it's crap."

Anyway...back to your Johnny. During his tour of duty on Calle de Jump, his character got captured by gangsters, hit on by teachers and sent undercover as a punk rocker. But Depp saw himself as an actor of the world, a man of some innovation and import. He didn't want to dress as a punker. He wanted to dress like Robert Smith with Freddie Kruger blades on his hands and make some art with Tim Burton.

He tried to get himself fired from Jump Street. He came to work with rubber bands tied around his tongue , garbling his lines and driving the sound techs to drink. Then he tried speaking in a Bombay accent. But the actor was delivering ratings, so the makeup people just tittered, and everyone went back to work.

"It was pretty obvious what I was trying to do," Depp said 15 years later to an Entertainment Weekly reporter. "But at the time, I tried to mask it by saying these were the choices I made for the character."

Right. To add to his mystique, he also tells reporters that he fears clowns.

Contrast that with, say, Matthew McConaughey. He likes to run around naked, smoking pot and playing the bongos. He's the Stetson guy! He lolligags under trees, canoodling with vaguely ethnic-looking women somewhere in the great American Southwest, selling cologne. Nothing must bother that guy.

And he has an acting past that might send Depp straight to the therapist: Alongside fresh young starlet Renée Zellweger, McConaughey starred in The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 1994. The movie was nearly quashed before its 15-theater release in 1997.

But, at least publicly, McConaughey remains blithe about his junk work. Early on, he said he had a blast making it, and since then, he's shut up about it.

Like I'm going to do...now.

people.comCeleb Quotes:"I hate being bothered by paparazzi. Anyone would. The flip side of that coin: I'm one lucky bastard, and I have nothing to complain about."-- The Aviator's Leonardo DiCaprio, on fame"It's a nice gift, but there's a lot of wrapping and paper and junk to cut through."-- The Life Aquatic's Bill Murray, echoing Leo's sentiment about celebrity

TRY STARS' FAT-BUSTERS FOR '05

Page Six

MANY of us resolve every year to lose weight — and most of us fail miserably. To help our diet-conscious readers burn off the blubber in '05, we've compiled a celeb-studded list of daffy diet tips.

* Designer Karl Lagerfeld, who dropped from 227 pounds to a scarily svelte 135, advises, "At dinner parties, slide the food to the center of the dish and later squeeze it all together on the side of the plate. So as not to offend the host, occasionally put the fork to your mouth and make believe."

* Christina Ricci claims that when she was 14, movie studio heads told her that audiences preferred her cheeks "ultra hollow." She says: "So all I ate was green salads . . . I looked like E.T., my head seemed so big."

* After being told to lose weight by her acting teachers at NYU, corpulent Camryn Manheim dropped 80 pounds — and nearly died — by using crystal meth.

* John Malkovich says he once dropped 70 pounds by "eating nothing but Jell-O for months."

* Michael Jackson reportedly used to keep his weight down with lots of self-administered enemas, but later needed a tampon to control "embarrassing leakage."

* Adrien Brody, who lost more than 30 pounds for Roman Polanski's "The Pianist," told Webster Hall curator Baird Jones that he went on an all-egg diet. "Roman had me eat two hard-boiled eggs a day for six weeks. My skin became translucent."

* Elton John reportedly underwent a series of lamb-urine injections.

* Matt Damon went on an extreme, no-fat, no-sugar diet to shed 40 pounds for his role as a Gulf War soldier in "Courage Under Fire." He once said that when his then-girlfriend, Winona Ryder, kissed him, he would throw up after tasting oil on her lips from food she had eaten. Damon ended up with injury to his adrenal glands.

* Howard Stern lost 22 pounds for his movie by eating steamed potatoes with no toppings six times a day. "My own private parts look better next to my thinner body," he boasted.

* Stick-thin socialite Nan Kempner is sure to endear herself to the heavyset set with her thoughts on flab: "I think most people in the world look so disgusting. I loathe fat people. I really have a hang-up. I can't stand flesh. You know, all that wiggly-jiggly fat. Don't misunderstand: I know how lucky I am. They should bottle my enzymes."

BURGLARS TERRORIZE POSH L.A.

Page Six

GLAMOROUS parts of L.A. and its suburbs, including Bel Air, Brentwood, Pacific Palisades and much of Beverly Hills, are under siege by gangs of burglars who have made off with tens of millions of dollars in loot, Vanity Fair magazine reports.

The thieves are making monkeys of the private companies that install easily-bypassed motion detectors and alarms, as well as local cops who can't find any clues.

While most victims asked for anonymity, the magazine names photographer Davis Factor, great-grandson of cosmetics icon Max Factor ? who now has dogs, lights, cameras, "the works" ? and jewelry designer Loree Rodkin.

Michael Schnayerson reports, "Most commonly the crews are Russian, or Cuban, or Mexican, or Colombian. Their members enter the country illegally, with false papers ? making it almost impossible for law enforcement to identify them."

The bandits may have figured out that the LAPD has only 9,000 cops, compared to the NYPD, which has 35,000, and there are a lot more square miles to cover in L.A.

"We just don't have enough police ? either in our poorest or our wealthiest areas," L.A. Police Chief Bill Bratton said.

Besides the ski-masked crews, there's a thief known as the Bel Air Burglar who looks in fuzzy surveillance videos to be white, in his 40s with gray hair. Blamed for as many as 40 heists, he strikes while the victims are at dinner parties, seeming to know exactly where their valuables are.

Al Radi , founder of ACS Security, which has much of the business in Bel Air, told Vanity Fair: "I wouldn't be surprised if he rents a home in the area. Part of me says this guy does it just for the fun of it. He's taken close to $400,000 in cash. With all this heat going on, you would think that he would take a vacation for a little while."

It's hard to work up much sympathy for the pampered victims. One of their biggest security risks is all the servants, gardeners and tradesmen who work on their estates.

Vanity Fair says: "Last May, a series of burglaries in Irvine, Calif., an hour and a half to the south of L.A., led to the arrests of two armed guards employed by ADT Security Services" ? the other company besides ACS with the lion's share of the Bel Air business.

EOnline.com

The Answer Bitch

Q: Do celebrities have to go to premieres as part of their contract? If so, do they lose money if they don't show up, or do they have to ask permission?

Stacy Poland, Charleston, South Carolina

A: ...."Actors are generally quite cooperative and interested in doing publicity and promotion for their films because they are not only promoting what they have been in but also their own careers," says Fred Bernstein, an entertainment attorney at Manatt Phelps & Phillips. "There is a confluence of interest; getting an actor to go to his own premiere usually isn't a problem."

Most studios still wield enough muscle to pressure stars to do not only premieres but also talk shows and magazine covers--all without a written commitment--so contract language about that stuff doesn't show up much. Stars with a reputation for hating publicity often simply won't get hired in the first place, Bernstein says.

When a film's star goes AWOL, to pop out twins (for example), studios generally won't push the premiere issue. The negative publicity would only hurt the studio's oh so charitable reputation. And popping out twins can spur a hurricane's worth of publicity that no red carpet hoedown can match.

One exception to all this: indie movies. According to attorney Michael Friedman, who represents the producers of the forthcoming National Lampoon's Pledge This!, makers of smaller films often will demand, in writing, a commitment for specific publicity appearances.

"The promotional commitment of top actors and celebrities is an integral part of the services they provide, and they are usually contractually required to attend premieres and to do a certain amount of promotional work around the release of the film," Friedman tells this B!tch. "On the other hand, if [a star] doesn't show up for a bona fide reason, like being sick, you don't want to get into litigation."

But if they fail to show up for some punk-ass reason, like they hate the movie and will say only nasty things about it, well, it's best to just leave that alone, too.

Trump's wedding savings

Top vendors, from jewelers to caterers, offer free or discounted services to hear 'You're hired!'

January 13, 2005: 8:00 AM EST

CNN.com

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - When Donald Trump gets married Jan. 22, he'll benefit from the trend of celebrities getting discounts from vendors such as jewelers, photographers, florists and caterers who want to be part of high-profile nuptials, according to a published report.

The New York Times reported Thursday that Trump paid only half-price for a 15-carat diamond ring that normally goes for $1.5 million. And the discounts didn't stop there, according to the report.

"Literally anything you can imagine, from photos to flowers to food to jets to airports to diamonds," Mr. Trump told the newspaper, discussing the discounts he's received. "And for every item, there's five people who want to do it. In all cases they don't want anything, but they want recognition."

The newspaper said others providing savings to Trump include Jean-Georges Vongerichten, who runs a four-star restaurant in Trump International on Columbus Circle. He will provide free filet mignon with green peppercorn sauce dinners for 500 guests, which the newspaper estimates would normally cost about $43,000.

Trump isn't the only one saving big money on a trip down the aisle. The newspaper said that other celebrities, including Tori Spelling, Britney Spears and Star Jones, are benefiting from the desire of top-tier providers to be included in weddings that are at the center of media attention.

"I don't call it bartering, I call it product placement," said Steve Paster, president of the Alpine Creative Group, a New York-based company that offered to provide lower-cost wedding invitations to Jones before she found another vendor who gave them to her for free.

The discounts have not stopped the cost of an A-list wedding from rising past $1 million, however. And the discounts and freebies are not without critics.

"I think it's the epitome of bad taste," etiquette expert Letitia Baldrige told the newspaper. "There are only three things that should not be commercialized: when you are born, when you get married and when you die. You should not make a deal with a funeral parlor to get publicity, and it's very bad taste to get publicity for a wedding."

Heartbroken Kingsley Files for Divorce

imdb.com

British actor Ben Kingsley has filed for divorce from his third wife Alexandra after seeing photos of the German beauty with her new boyfriend. Last month German tabloid BZ published images of Alexandra, 30, kissing estate agent Sammy Brauner, 41, the son of German movie producer Atze Brauner, in Berlin nightclub First. Kingsley, 61, says, "It came at a very, very vulnerable time for me and I was deeply, deeply shocked because until then I had no idea. It's very difficult for a man to learn on the internet that his wife has a new boyfriend. Tragically I had to file for divorce. I love her and I don't know what the future holds. What can I say? I'm very hurt. I'm feeling terrible disappointment and grief." Kingsley met his third wife in 2002 when she was an advertising saleswoman and he was attending the Berlin film festival. They wed in September 2003.

Riot Girlpeople.comIt's good to see that some people never stop rebelling. At the recent first anniversary party for Hollywood restaurant-bar-screening room CineSpace, Courtney Love breezed past the line and walked right inside, after laughing at a security request to see her ID. Meanwhile, Love's pal Drew Barrymore (who's godmother to her daughter Frances Bean) played by the rules: The Fever Pitch star waited in line for more than 20 minutes, paid the $5 cover charge and offered up her ID. Once inside, Barrymore danced as hipster DJ Franki Chan spun tunes while Johnny Knoxville also partied at the club.

Posted Image

Justin Timberlake's just a regular Joe as he fills up his own tank at a Los Angeles gas station Wednesday.

Price of Fame = being told you're so cool because you pump your own gas like the rest of us slobs :D

from nydailynews.comReese goes to piecesReese Witherspoon was nearly forced off the road in Hollywood Friday night as she was chased by a pack of paparazzi.The actress' nightmare began as she exited her gym and was swarmed by photographers."Her trainer came out and had to help her get past them so she could get into her car," a source told the Daily News. "Then they boxed her in on all four sides."When she finally pulled out, they jumped in their cars and took off after her. They almost ran her off the road," the source said."They chased her all the way home to where she lives in a gated community. The security guards jumped out and had to assist her to get away from them."The terrified actress called Los Angeles police as soon as she got inside her house, where she lives with husband Ryan Phillippe, daughter Ava Elizabeth, 5, and 18-month-old son, Deacon.Cops responded quickly and, no doubt hearing sirens, the lensmen took off.An LAPD source told The News that cops take such incidents seriously and are looking for suspects."This is an issue of false imprisonment," the source added.Witherspoon, a favorite subject of celebrity newshounds and gossip weeklies, may have recognized her pursuers.The 29-year-old star of such box-office gold as the "Legally Blonde" movies and the $100 million "Sweet Home Alabama," earns about $15 million a picture and is the only actress younger than 30 on The Hollywood Reporter's list of top five Hollywood earners. Her other winners include "Election," and the movie industry already is buzzing over this fall's expected release of "Walk the Line," also starring Joaquin Phoenix, about the life of Johnny Cash.Photos of the petite blond - known also for being a hands-on mother - have become more valuable with recent magazine cover stories on alleged troubles in her marriage to fellow-actor Phillippe.

Ewwwww, that is soooo not healthy. The one thing I liked about Lindsey was her curves, she looked somewhat normal. Now she looks like a Paris wanna be. :(

EXPENSIVE 'FREEBIE' IN MIAMI

Page Six

A LOT of celebrities, publicists, journalists and club promoters are learning the hard way that nothing in life is ever truly free — especially when a hotel reneges on a freebie weekend offer.

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Michelle Rodriguez, Simon Rex, Nicky and Paris Hilton, John Stamos, journalists from In Style and Star magazines, and promoters Richie Akiva, Jonathan Cheban, Lizzie Grubman and Danny A were among the crowd flown down to Miami by the Shelborne Hotel and a club owner, J.P. Parlavecchio, for a huge New Year's Eve blowout — only to be charged huge sums on their credit cards four to five months later.

Cheban explained: "Grubman/Cheban P.R. was hired by J.P. and the Shelborne to do a huge New Year's party. So we created the hottest party of the night and it was everywhere. We were allotted a selection of free rooms that we gave out to celebrities and journalists — and when they checked in, a credit card imprint was taken for incidentals only. No one was to pay for their room at all.

"Unfortunately, after we made the Shelborne the hottest hotel in Miami and gave the best party, the checks J.P. sent us to throw the party bounced. He owes Lizzie and me $25,000 for the party. But then I also got charged $4,500 for the room I was in! Danny A and Richie Akiva also helped out and J.P. owes them $40,000. But the worst thing is, all of our friends we invited have been charged outrageous amounts on their credit cards."

According to Cheban, starting at the end of May and continuing through June, the Olsens were charged $6,000, Rodriguez $2,200, Rex $1,500 and Akiva $4,500.

"J.P. was supposed to open his bar, 18, in the Shelborne, but he hasn't returned my calls in six weeks. And the hotel stopped returning calls a month ago. I am now suing them both," Cheban claims.

Parlavecchio, however, insists no blame lies with him. "It is the hotel," he says. "They are double-charging people. I am a victim, Danny A [and everyone else] are victims of this hotel. No one was supposed to be charged for the rooms, which were supposed to be comped. I am in the process of suing them right now. The Shelborne owes me $51,000 that I am trying to get back."

Parlavecchio insists he has paid Grubman, Cheban and Danny A everything he owes them. Repeated calls to the Shelborne seeking comment were not returned.

DENISE'S YACHT JOINS THE CLUB

Page Six

"MINE is bigger than yours" is still the name of the game among the yachting crowd in St.-Tropez. The 250-foot Christina O, built by Aristotle Onassis and chartered by Sean Combs with his girlfriend Kim Porter aboard, was Numero Uno until Paul Allen's Octopus pulled into port. The Microsoft billionaire's 357-foot behemoth holds two choppers, a submarine, and a permanent five-piece rock band (Allen plays guitar). On Tuesday night, Combs, Porter and Allen were among 400 revelers on Denise Rich's yacht, Lady Joy. The dockside crowd went wild when Mike Tyson came aboard. Also helping inaugurate Denise's 145-foot tub were Stephen and Christine Schwarzman (they own a modern house in the hills), Ivana Trump (she just bought a third house in the seaport) with Rossano Rubicondi, Joan Collins and Percy Gibson, Ahmad Rashad and Sale Johnson, Rebecca De Mornay, Coerte Felske, Spyros Niarchos, Serena Boardman, Terry Allen Kramer and Kieran Kawall, who orchestrated the extravaganza that raged until dawn. Denise had planned to sail for Sardinia next morning, but a mistral (high northerly wind) detained her on the Cote d'Azur. Life is full of little disappointments.