princess

The Celeb Price of Fame

3,000 Drink?...Giiiiiiirrl save that sh*t...savor it. Oh, it's the earrings...Got it. ;) And Smurfette...Well I heard she smurfs for another team...So I never heard any gossip that she was smurfing any of the smurfs that smurfed around her. :D

Edited by BobbyD

Am I the only one who wondered why there was only one girl smurf? :D

There's 3 girl Smurfs:Smurfette, Sassette, and Nanny.The fact that i know this is scaring me.

Carmen Electra sipping Foxwoods Resort’s Signature $3,000 “Sapphire Martini” at The Mezz Ultra Lounge. It comes with a pair of custom-made blue sapphire and diamond earrings.

Okay, that makes me feel a little better.

I'd rather it came with a 2 hour session with a pair of totally buff gay men with negative HIV tests less than 10 days old. :o Edited by TubaGirl

Carmen's drink actually looks just like a drink we get at a bar around here in Vermont that is actually called a Smurf Piss. It's got rasperry vodka, blue curaco and a splash of sprite.... very yummy, too... but I only pay $6.00 for them :)oh and the whole female smurf thing has always kinda bugged me too... but as Jakey point out in Donnie Darko (and it's actually true!) Smurfette was never even a part of the orignal Smurf clan... she was made by Gargamel to lure the Smurfs in, but was "overcome with the goodness of the Smurf way of life." So that makes the whole thing even creepier... that it was just a bunch of men smurfs in a colony before that... :D

The Answer Bitch!

EOnline.com

Has any celebrity ever publicly refused a gift bag by saying, "I am a very wealthy person and don't really need or want this gift?"

Christine, Toronto

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.B. Replies: Your question spurred intriguing, sometimes even frightened, reactions across Hollywood, better known among local Dutch speakers as Gifty Von Freebietown or Der Graftengrabben. The idea of a celebrity returning a carefully marketed package of tooth whitener and custom lip color and Blahnik sandals is enough to send some professional gifters into a dead faint.

"If you haven't already posted my answer," one gifter begged this B!tch, "Please don't." It turns out the gifter hadn't even given me an answer to begin with. Your question clearly scared this person totally witless.

Most celebrities do not decline gifts, at least not right at the point of receipt. Bad form. It's much more common for celebrities to take their baskets or bags or leather suitcases stuffed with $10,000 diamond-studded aviators back to their walled compounds. Once there, in comfort and privacy, the stars pour the bulk of their freebies into a big trough, yell sooey and wait for their herd of support staff to thunder in for their daily rummage. (In the market for your own Hollywood housekeeper trough? I hear Dodd Mitchell designs killer ones.)

Sela Ward's husband once told this B!tch that their housekeeper would quit if the couple didn't bring home a steady stream of unwanted gift bags. He was only half kidding, if he was kidding at all. For your reference, Sela Ward's husband is not a comedic actor.

Some celebrities will immediately turn gifts over to the needy. This B!tch lassoed Karen Wood, head of Backstage Creations, which operates on-site gifting retreats at major awards shows. Wood dishes that two celebrities, Lili Taylor and Daryl Hannah, recently donated their Sundance freebies to a cause called Global Green, which champions the environment. However, keep in mind that those were two donations out of dozens of celebrities who blew through Sundance, collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of free stuff.

Another gifting guru, Lash Fary of Distinctive Assets, confirms that some stars routinely turn their gift baskets into boons for the poor.

"Ellen DeGeneres and Stockard Channing, most notably, often auction their gifts and gift bags on eBay to raise money for their favorite charities," Fary tells this B!tch.

Last Oscar season, Natalie Portman almost turned down an expensive handbag gifted to her by Revlon, because the product was leather. But Revlon quickly offered an equally decadent handbag made of cloth, and the actress accepted without qualm.

The truth is, most of the time, high-end gifts simply disappear into the void of celebrity greed without comment or ceremony. Celebrities see these gifts as a right, not a privilege. Do not expect this year's five Best Actress Oscar nominees to part with the $6,000 worth of swag delivered last month--a gift that includes a sumptuous, silver clutch bag by Lambertson Truex. Do not expect them to scoff at the diamond-studded camera being offered Oscar nominees by Kodak and Kwiat. (Each camera is customized with the nominee's initials in diamonds. Presh!) Most often, those refusals just don't happen. At least not publicly.

"I have literally gifted thousands of celebrities over the past seven years--at the Grammys, the Oscars, the Tonys, Kids' Choice Awards," Fary says. "First, you should know that celebrities are very aware that they are wealthy, and most of the ones I know donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to various charities every year. You should also know that they aren't being gifted as part of some sort of charitable outreach. Companies are clamoring to place their products into their star-studded hands in order to leverage their celebrity to help market and promote their products.

"More importantly, celebrities are being gifted as a thank-you for volunteering their time as a presenter or performer at an awards show, and you don't surrender your right to gratitude just because you're rich and famous."

Great. I'll keep that in mind when it happens.

Your question spurred intriguing, sometimes even frightened, reactions across Hollywood, better known among local Dutch speakers as Gifty Von Freebietown or Der Graftengrabben

I can tell you all from a very reliable source that neither word is Dutch ;)

Page SixWE HEAR . . .THAT a Brooklyn house-painter, Anatoliy Sigal, is suing Tom Brokaw for $20 million, claiming he was permanently injured while painting a wall in the retired anchor's Park Avenue apartment. The suit also names Brokaw's decorator, Kitty Hawks. :rolleyes:

Page Six

EXAMS GO ASTRAY

CANDICE Bergen underwent a battery of blood tests earlier this week. Nobody but the "Murphy Brown" star and her physician should know about it, but the results of the tests conducted by Dr. Harvey Klein of Weill Medical College of Cornell University in Manhattan were faxed by accident to The Post. Reps for Bergen, whose acclaimed director-hubby Louis Malle died of lymphoma in 1995 at 62, were horrified. "Obviously, it's a gross error and that's confidential information," her spokeswoman, Heidi Schaffer, said. Not to worry, the 59-year-old star's stats look fine.

:o

Page SixWE HEAR . . .THAT a Brooklyn house-painter, Anatoliy Sigal, is suing Tom Brokaw for $20 million, claiming he was permanently injured while painting a wall in the retired anchor's Park Avenue apartment. The suit also names Brokaw's decorator, Kitty Hawks. :rolleyes:

:wacko: What B.S.!

popbitch.com >> Celebrity tetris << Shuffling around the publicity matrix How to use a celebrity to your advantage: 1. Have a new online gambling company? Look around for a popular, downmarket celebrity to front it. 2. Announce that Kerry Katona is the new face of your brand. 3. Watch her career slide under accusations of drug use and boozing. 4. Decide you want to get rid of her but don't want to look like you're kicking her while she's down. 5. Prepare to leak to the papers that she's been up to some bad behaviour so her contract has to be ripped up. 6. You get publicity, the tabloids get a story, Kerry gets thrown out on her ear, you don't look bad. ... 7. Except it's not a good idea to discuss this so openly on a Palma-London EasyJet flight, within earshot of two reporters...

Depp Best, Diaz Worst for AutographsFriday, May 12, 2006sfgate.com(05-12) 17:23 PDT Los Angeles (AP) -- Johnny Depp has the write stuff when it comes to signing autographs while Cameron Diaz is the worst, according to a new list Friday from Autograph Collector magazine.Depp, followed by George Clooney, topped the magazine's 14th annual survey of Hollywood's best and worst signers. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star also was rated best last year."Many stars become bad signers once fame and fortune hits, but not Depp. He's even signed autographs for crowds at the airport while carrying luggage," said Steve Cyrkin, editor and publisher of the Santa Ana, Calif.-based magazine.As for Clooney, "he'll joke as he signs, and make fun of how he looks in photos he's handed to autograph," Cyrkin said.When it comes to her moniker, however, Diaz gets a flunking grade."Cameron Diaz may be a talented actress, but she's persistently a terrible signer. Instead of just turning down a person's autograph request, she'll lecture them about how dumb autographs are," Cyrkin said.Russell Crowe would have been named as the best of the worst but in recent months he has been much nicer to fans, Cyrkin said in a telephone interview Friday.Cyrkin said the list, which appears in the magazine's June issue, was based on information from a professional autograph collector and an enthusiastic amateur who is a journalist."They're the guys who want to get five or 10 or 12 of everything but they do see people" and know the "track records" of the stars, he said."It's looking at the spirit of the way they sign," Cyrkin said. "It's how they treat their fans."Here is the list of 10 best and 10 worst Hollywood autograph signers for 2006, according to the magazine:Best1. Johnny Depp2. George Clooney3. Matt Damon4. Al Pacino5. Tom Cruise6. Angelina Jolie7. Elijah Wood8. Brittany Murphy9. Jack Nicholson10. Clint EastwoodWorst1. Cameron Diaz2. Bruce Willis3. Demi Moore4. Tobey Maguire5. Alan Alda6. Halle Berry7. Winona Ryder8. Teri Hatcher9. Joaquin Phoenix10. Russell Crowe

Check out Tiger Woods' House.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow, that's so beautiful. :o Idyllic. And I don't usually even like Malibu/Caribbean beach style properties. But that really is nice. ;)

He has some great taste in homes.

Best1. Johnny Depp2. George Clooney3. Matt Damon

Look at that, three of my fav actors. :wub: I've heard that Johnny has a favorite local coffee shop/pub (can't remember which) in the town where he lives in France. If you run into him there, he's really cool about chatting with the fans, signing autographs, taking pics, etc. If you're interesting, he'll even invite you to sit for a while.Soooo want to go back to France again :D

Cyrkin said the list, which appears in the magazine's June issue, was based on information from a professional autograph collector and an enthusiastic amateur who is a journalist.

That's exactly two people they got the info from! That's quite a lot. :D

"They're the guys who want to get five or 10 or 12 of everything but they do see people" and know the "track records" of the stars, he said.

So, if a star doesn't want to sign multiples of each, he/she's a bad signer? :rolleyes: I wonder if they get the "track records" from other pro autograph hunters, as I guess they don't talk to lowly fans, or they'd have a broader range of sources than just two?

"It's looking at the spirit of the way they sign," Cyrkin said. "It's how they treat their fans."

That's like comparing apples and oranges. Celebs are often nice to fans while being not really enthusiastic with the pro collectors, like one A-lister who signed a stack of ten DVDs of his biggest blockbuster "To the highest bidder on E-bay" while "forgetting" to sign his name. B) When the guy found out what the actor had done, he was quite pissed and yelled at him... :D

VANITY FAIR: TELL ALL OR ELSEVANITY Fair is playing hardball with potential cover subjects - if they don't spill enough beans, they won't get the cover. For instance, the glossy pulled Natalie Portman - who gave a nice but dull interview - from the cover two months ago in favor of "Desperate Housewives" star Teri Hatcher - who let them in on the bombshell secret she had been sexually molested. Insiders say Nicole Richie was supposed to have the cover this month, but despite confessing about her weight issues and letting a reporter talk to her shrink she refused to discuss her feud with Paris Hilton - so she was replaced on the cover by Anderson Cooper. Other subjects who lost the cover? Vince Vaughn (who supposedly didn't want to discuss Jennifer Aniston) and Britney Spears (who refused to talk about her problematic marriage). A rep for Vanity Fair said, "We don't discuss covers."

I wonder if anyone has explained to Vanity Fair that it is possible to be pretty and very dull. I guess pretty people who lead lives without scandal or god forbid good lives or do good deeds are now banned. This seems a very sad reflection on society.

What's even funnier is Vanity Fair is known to be full of mostly ads for those in the fashion industry, not full of actual content :D

It's too bad, becasue it used to be that the articles in Vanity Fair were really good, in depth looks at things. I remember an article a LONG time ago about Dan Quayle that pretty much put the lid on any further political runs because it was so negative and so quoted. This magazine has gone downhill fast. I didn't think the Anderson Cooper or the Nicole Richie article said much. The Paris one was just deplorable. She should never have been in that magazine.

I loved the magazine when Tina Brown was at the helm. It pushed the envelope journalistically with in-depth coverage, commissioned kick-ass writers and was, for the most part, never boring. With Graydon Carter, it's lost it's panache IMO. I read somewhere (was it here?) that he was behind the Hilton cover despite staff objections. Since Carter has been in charge, coverage tends to be predictable (if not a bit more in depth) of regularly overexposed celebrities. Still read the magazine, but don't wait by the mailbox every month anymore...

I loved the magazine when Tina Brown was at the helm. It pushed the envelope journalistically with in-depth coverage, commissioned kick-ass writers and was, for the most part, never boring. With Graydon Carter, it's lost it's panache IMO. I read somewhere (was it here?) that he was behind the Hilton cover despite staff objections. Since Carter has been in charge, coverage tends to be predictable (if not a bit more in depth) of regularly overexposed celebrities. Still read the magazine, but don't wait by the mailbox every month anymore...

You said it much better than I did. I used to think it was a bargain to get it for $12/year, but now I have to think about sending in the money. It's more like a People (with WAY more ads) which isn't good!