Which couple will officially bite it in 2016?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's New Year's Eve which means 2 things:

• I'm home alone, and will be in bed well before midnight
  • It's time for a new divorce poll :alien_dance:

As you can see, I really tried to change it up this time. (We'll see how it works; in the future, we might return to the old tradition of keeping the majority of couples who didn't split in the previous year.) In any case, I hope that The Peanut Gallery :P will approve. I took all suggestions into consideration.

Now let the Hollywood Marriage Games of 2016 begin! (We all know that the odds are never in their favor...)

:GroupHug:

Edited by princess
  • Like 4

I love you even put them in alpha order :D I must ponder the choices and make my selection carefully. I will mull it over this New Years Eve night and cast my vote soon. Hope everyone has a nice New Years!

• Like 2

I love that the spouses don't get last names!

I'm about to go on vacation - I shall cast my vote when I return. Maybe. These are always really hard for me!

• Like 1

Great choices. So many have had serious divorce rumors about the recently. It's going to be a tough decision.

See, I view it the opposite. With all the rumors surrounding just about everyone on the list, it should be pretty easy to pick a couple who will split at some point in 2016. To-may-to, to-mah-to.

:D

Edited by Maxiemom
  • Like 1

I'm about to go on vacation - I shall cast my vote when I return. Maybe. These are always really hard for me!

Have a great holiday - I hope that you'll be tossing and turning in your Tuscan bed or on your st. Bart's beach, wondering about who'll split next :D

I did it! I voted!! Looks like I also picked the favorite so far, good 'ol Johnny Depp. Does it count if it's split due to overdose?!?!

• Like 2

I did it! I voted!! Looks like I also picked the favorite so far, good 'ol Johnny Depp. Does it count if it's split due to overdose?!?!

See, I don't think Amber'll let go of Johnny until she has a mealticket ~ erhm, I mean child ~ with him.

• Like 2

See, I don't think Amber'll let go of Johnny until she has a mealticket ~ erhm, I mean child ~ with him.

If she can keep the bile down long enough to procreate with that beast, she deserves every penny she can get :P

That being said, they got my vote - she looks like she's barely holding on as it is. I think she'll break before they have a baby together.

• Like 3

I don't remember seeing this here last month, but according to this write up here, country singer Reba McEntire is now officially divorced after 26 years of marriage.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. I just saw another headline saying that her ex may be going with her best friend now. (Gee whiz!)

• Like 1

Do you think I should edit the old polls so that you can no longer vote so people don't get confused on what is the current poll??

• Like 4

Do you think I should edit the old polls so that you can no longer vote so people don't get confused on what is the current poll??

Great idea. I'd say yes. What'd' the rest of you think?

How does this math work, pls? It says that "19 members have cast votes" but I only count 16 votes in our poll. Does anyone understand how this works, pls? Thx.

How does this math work, pls? It says that "19 members have cast votes" but I only count 16 votes in our poll. Does anyone understand how this works, pls? Thx.

I'm guessing some people decided to see the results of the poll without voting themselves. If you choose to do that, it "voids" your right to vote.

• Like 1

I always wonder, when somone has been married that long, what finally brings about divorce.

I tend to think it has something to do with empty nest syndrome? They stayed married for the kids? Or something in the status quo has changed - like someone has retired and is around the house all the time, or wants to move to the beach after retiring?

Because I totally agree - what happens if you've been able to stay married 25 years but then say "nope, no more". Midlife crisis?

• Like 1

Have a great holiday - I hope that you'll be tossing and turning in your Tuscan bed or on your st. Bart's beach, wondering about who'll split next :D

OK, I voted now that I'm back from London. Lots of rain - but not cold, and almost no tourists :-) We had a great time!

• Like 1

Lovely! What did you do? Where did you eat? What did you see?

And, most important, :) who did you vote for in this poll, and why?

Depp and Heard. Because he is on a downward spiral!!

We visited British Museum, Churchill War Rooms, Tower of London. Walked all along river - both banks. Spitalfields and Borough Market, pub crawl (my best friend lives in Scotland and she and her husband were with us Thursday and Friday - she works in London and was onsite this week but took time off). Got massages at a massage school - 25£ for 60 minutes - so worth it!! Ate at some pubs, gastropubs, Chinese and Vietnamese. Bistros. No "big names" but enjoyed everything!!

• Like 2

I always wonder, when somone has been married that long, what finally brings about divorce.

I've known a few cases like this. Sometimes, they've basically just been roommates for years and then one spouse has a health scare or falls in love with another person and thinks, "I don't have much time left; why stay in a meh marriage for the rest of my days?!" Sometimes, one or both spouse changes through the decades and one or both realise they no longer have much in common or similar goals.

Edited to add: Hoya, your trip sounds awesome! Glad you had fun.

I agree Depp's on a downward spiral but I don't believe Heard will bail quite yet. I think she'll try to hold on for another year or two.

Edited by Kath