Hoyaheel

Academy Awards /Oscars 2016

I saw a bit on twitter that ABC kicked E! off the red carpet. Anyone else see any chatter about this? I know the entire second part of the show (on tv - I didn't watch the streaming version) the ladies were in a room commenting on outfits on the monitor instead of interviewing people on the carpet. Not that I mind. I hate Seacrest & Guiliana's "interviews".....

I also was rooting for Leo NOT to win. Ah well.

Some good outfits but nothing I loved loved loved. Cate Blanchett's I actively disliked (and wondered how uncomfortable it was to sit in). Eddie Redmayne was gorgeous (of course!) and Chris Rock looked amazing in a white dinner jacket. I normally HATE a white dinner jacket....

Heidi Klum looked awful as usual (no, SHE is gorgeous, her dress & style were hideous - and the fact Guiliana said she looked amazing is why I cannot stand Guiliana ;-)

I saw a bit on twitter that ABC kicked E! off the red carpet. Anyone else see any chatter about this? I know the entire second part of the show (on tv - I didn't watch the streaming version) the ladies were in a room commenting on outfits on the monitor instead of interviewing people on the carpet. Not that I mind. I hate Seacrest & Guiliana's "interviews".....

I also was rooting for Leo NOT to win. Ah well.

Some good outfits but nothing I loved loved loved. Cate Blanchett's I actively disliked (and wondered how uncomfortable it was to sit in). Eddie Redmayne was gorgeous (of course!) and Chris Rock looked amazing in a white dinner jacket. I normally HATE a white dinner jacket....

Heidi Klum looked awful as usual (no, SHE is gorgeous, her dress & style were hideous - and the fact Guiliana said she looked amazing is why I cannot stand Guiliana ;-)

Tim Gunn is going to be on Fashion Police tonight. I can't wait to see what he says. I kind of liked the dress -- the bow/flowery things were a bit much. Just out of curiosity, how does Heidi rate an invite the Oscars?

I thought Kate Winslet's dress was bad -- Chalize's was amazing.

I feel like most of us on this group were hoping Leo wouldn't win. Maybe just my bias seeping in.

Did anyone see the footage of Brie Larson, during the commercial break, standing at the bottom of the steps off of the stage and hugging and greeting every single one of the survivors on stage with Lady Gaga?

• Like 2

Did anyone see the footage of Brie Larson, during the commercial break, standing at the bottom of the steps off of the stage and hugging and greeting every single one of the survivors on stage with Lady Gaga?

Yes - I initially wondered who they were but then it hit me.

Fashion Police set to record tonight - husband let me watch red carpet & all the (long) Oscars yesterday - I'm not going to subject him to Fashion Police today too.

I loved Charlize Theron's dress. Liked Naomi Watts', Saoirse Ronan's (that green color was so good on her!). As I mentioned above (and remembered again today while I had the Today Show on - home sick) nothing really bowled me over. There was no "moment" of clothing I'll remember as "oh, that dress from the 2016 Oscars...."

Klum - no clue why she was there. No special dates or connections to any of the films that I can think of. There were lots of famous people around - like at the Vanity Fair party, Elton John's party - and not at the Awards themselves. Would have expected that for someone like Heidi....

Didn't see this yesterday (I missed red carpet arrivals, and only half paid attention during the awards), but check out Gwen Stefani's dress.

shelton-stefani-600x800.jpg

Going to try to watch Fashion Police, but jet lag is kicking in so may be later this week.

Just me, or did not a lot of big name celebs attend this year??

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN"T SEE FP Highllight to read:

Tim Gunn absolutely hated Gwen's dress. I mean hated it. (He also hated Charlize's dress too so go figure.) Interesting question: when a dress is bad -- do you blame the designer or the person who picked it?

Interesting question: when a dress is bad -- do you blame the designer or the person who picked it?

Both. I don't like that dress, BUT it's Gwen Stefani and she wore it to a party, not the awards, so I don't think it was inappropriate. Certainly wasn't boring ;-) (Lainey thinks she's still desperate for male attention - she wrote about it yesterday. If true, it's sad)

Okay, I caught up with FP last nite. Loved Tim Gunn, I hope he is on there more often!!

• Like 1

I'll try to watch FP while I cook dinner tonight ;-) Husband and I have been in a pretty good routine lately - when we get home, we exercise together for 30-45 minutes (we have a treadmill and recumbent bike) while watching recorded tv - my favorites are Jeopardy and Hollywood Game NIght ;-) Then we'll shower - I'll make dinner and husband will go back to the basement game room/exercise room where his craft/hobby table is (we have one dvr in living room/kitchen Great Room, and a 2nd dvr covers the bedroom, as well as the basement game/exercise/hot tub rooms) So on week nights, I get 45-60 minutes of alone time for tv my husband doesn't like ;-) Usually I watch my soap opera.

Sorry to digress. I do like Tim Gunn - anyone who'll call out Anna Wintour has BALLS! Without seeing him, I know I want more of him and less Kris Jenner or Nene Leakes ;-)

Oscars 2016 Best Dressed: Charlize Theron, Saoirse Ronan and More Stars Who Nabbed Our Votes

people.com

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2016/02/29/oscars-2016-best-dressed-charlize-theron-saoirse-ronan/

EOnline Worst Dressed:

http://www.etonline.com/awards/oscars/183282_oscars_2016_worst_dressed/#6

PopSugar Slideshow of Dresses:

https://www.popsugar.com/fashion/Oscars-Red-Carpet-Dresses-2016-40320448#photo-40320448

My two cents:

Charlize Theron - it was okay. Nothing great. I would have done a different neckline, those little strings holding up her dress look like they are holding on for dear life, and she's not that big chested. Like the silhouette (classic), but this entire look needs... something.

Brie Larson - good for her for taking a bit of a risk. Would have liked if the top and bottom had been more cohesive besides just the same color (same shape but smaller cascading ruffles somewhere on the top? Or that overlay along the neckline used again on the bottom somewhere and get rid of the ruffles?) but I liked it's not a cookie cutter dress.

Cate Blanchett - little costume with all those flowers, but like that she said "f%&k it, it's the Oscars" so went with it.

All the others, eh. I feel like no one brought their A game to the show this year. :(

I think my favorite this year is Priyanka Chopra. And I don't usually go for that much see-through look.

During Fashion Police they showed someone in a red dress. I missed who it was. If it had not been all see-through and had been filled in with material, it could have been a show stopper. Can't find a pic of it now though.

During Fashion Police they showed someone in a red dress. I missed who it was. If it had not been all see-through and had been filled in with material, it could have been a show stopper. Can't find a pic of it now though.

It's not the Gwen Stefani, above?

Am watching now so I'll keep my eyes open.

Diane Kruger wore a red dress with see through bits to the Party, not sure if it's her? Chrissy Tiegen was also red embellishments on nude background.

Edited by Wordsworth

Yep, just seeing FP talk about Kruger's dress now (party dress)

Tim Gunn thinks a lot of things are vulgar. I love him.

• Like 1

It's not the Gwen Stefani, above?

Am watching now so I'll keep my eyes open.

No, not the Gwen one. They showed it on FP, looks almost a mix of oriental and Russian....