nickfan

People Magazine writer blast celebs, staff in scathing resignation letter

Note to Self: Add this person's memoir to the Kindle list.

Ditto.

Count me in too.

Am I the only one that didn't think it was that funny or informing? And she's a WRITER? Actually, I should know better. MANY moons ago I worked as a peon at New York Magazine, and I will tell you: the editing staff had their hands full with their top "writers", including serious issues with fact-checking.

• Like 1

I felt similarly about the "expose" of Elle (Elle on Wheels, I think?) That writer was so angry it made me think - well, no wonder Elle wanted to edit your work and not trust you to get the interview. Good writers can make it sting :poke:

Am I the only one that didn't think it was that funny or informing? And she's a WRITER? Actually, I should know better. MANY moons ago I worked as a peon at New York Magazine, and I will tell you: the editing staff had their hands full with their top "writers", including serious issues with fact-checking.

I am not sure that it was meant to be funny (haha) or all that informing (keep in mind that I don't think it was meant for public consumption) I thought it was meant to tell them off and burn a bridge. I actually got something from it -- the magazine was one thing when it started and morphed into something that she couldn't or wouldn't handle.

I would still buy her book.