MissuTam

Election Year 2016

Is anyone watching the tv show Braindead? I've been recording it - have only watched the first couple episodes. It's not a great tv show but the perspective on DC politics is right on.

I never watched West Wing (though my mother adored it) Wonder if I could just stream that instead of watching any of the rest of the actual election?

What is wrong with Trump, is he really that thin skinned. Going after the parents of a fallen war hero? Is it because they are Muslims? He needs to learn when to STFU. :rolleyes:

This whole thing is so sickening - the entire world must be shaking their heads

I work with several overseas people. They think we have all lost our marbles. They aren't wrong, lol.

• Like 1

I work with several overseas people. They think we have all lost our marbles. They aren't wrong, lol.

Same here. Including my UK friends who've just dealt with Brexit insanity (getting together with my college roommates next month - one lives in Scotland, works in London - 2 of us in US and 1 in Africa - we'll be commiserating on who has it worst at home ;-)

Edited by Hoyaheel

Same here. Including my UK friends who've just dealt with Brexit insanity (getting together with my college roommates next month - one lives in Scotland, works in London - 2 of us in US and 1 in Africa - we'll be commiserating on who has it worst at home ;-)

Yes, most of my overseas contacts are UK. They were horrified about Brexit results, never thought it had a chance of passing. What feedback do you get from your UK friends about Brexit??

None of my friends wanted to leave the EU (though those in Scotland might have voted to leave the UK ;-) I think many at this point think the exit might be stalled and hopefully eventually not pan out, but are unsure the mechanisms that might allow that. But the plummeting value of the pound has everyone immediately traumatized (I was quite bummed, selfishly, as an American, to have visited just this past January :BangHead: If we'd only waited a few more months....) Worries about being able to work in other countries, what happens to pensions etc - very real concerns for expats who have UK citizenship but can't now easily move elsewhere for work but might not be able to find jobs in the UK.

Most of my work contacts are in developing countries, and many say - geez, I expect this in my own country, but never [some of the things that are said on the campaign trail] from the US.

Guys!! We're almost there!! We can make it!!

PS - I am getting BOMBED Tuesday night. I never drink alone and rarely on a weeknight, but I'm making an exception for this. The anxiety this election has given me is just ridiculous.

• Like 2

I was thinking I'd have to head to bed early on Tuesday and just wake up to whatever - because I can't handle the stress of staying up late watching returns come in....

• Like 1

I was thinking I'd have to head to bed early on Tuesday and just wake up to whatever - because I can't handle the stress of staying up late watching returns come in....

I did early voting last week. Long lines. Terrified of losing our democracy to a Putin loving political neophyte.

• Like 2

I don't understand why more states don't have early voting. I just want to get this over with! I can't imagine still being undecided at this point, anyway. If you're still undecided, the next few days probably won't help.

Also, if anyone plans to stay up Tuesday we can check in occasionally on this thread to have a chitchat support group :GroupHug:

Edit to add: the more drinks I have the more entertaining I get :monkey:

Edited by fykeylicious
  • Like 2

We have early voting - my husband has voted already - but I decided I want to vote on election day this year. Polls open at 6:30 and I'm usually driving right by there at 7am on my way to work, so....Hoping the lines won't be too long.

ETA I got my husband to vote for Democrats this year and I didn't even have to promise sexual favors!!! (we're usually a house divided- though as with most of my family, we're moderates on a lot of issues and agree, we just vote on different priorities)

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1

I predict it will be over early. Remember we thought Obama/Romney would be a doozy and it was done by 10:30 EST. I think it will be the same - here.

But Romney was reasonable and conceded. Trump is not reasonable, declares everything is rigged and has stated he won't accept a loss....