MissuTam

Election Year 2016

FBI Director James Comey clears Clinton on emails. Told lawmakers Sunday the agency hasn't changed its opinion that Hillary Clinton should not face criminal charges after a review of new emails.

I predict it will be over early. Remember we thought Obama/Romney would be a doozy and it was done by 10:30 EST. I think it will be the same - here.

I hope this is the case. I talk a big game, but get a few drinks in me and it's sleepy time sooner rather than later...

• Like 2

FBI Director James Comey clears Clinton on emails. Told lawmakers Sunday the agency hasn't changed its opinion that Hillary Clinton should not face criminal charges after a review of new emails.

Of course. Nothing more than yet another attempt to sway the vote will bullshit innuendo. Same old same old.

I've been around for a lot of elections, but this year has been the dirtiest, ugliest, demoralizing, embarrassing mess ever. I knew who my candidate would be from the start, but I am just disgusted with many of my fellow Americans :censored: and the levels of hatred they've shown under the guise of "Make America Great Again". They haven't got one.single.clue. how to do that. :BangHead:

• Like 3

No early voting (just in person absentee, which I don't qualify for) in my state, so long lines tomorrow for me. I'll stay up and watch. The mini-doodahs have electoral college coloring maps that they stay up and fill in as the states are called.

• Like 2

OK, I woke up & voted! Polls opened at 6:30 and I was in line at 6:50, not too bad at that time (and in a very rural area!)

Sadly I have no pantsuit I could wear today :-( Stuck to the tried & true red, white & blue!

We'll see how much election coverage I can handle later tonight - I've already had to take advil (sinus headache or something that's been lingering a few days) Might have to have a hot toddy or two to survive, right? :-)

I voted around 11 and lots of people but not much wait. One of my friends a neighborhood over said they had UN Elections Monitors at their polling station. I forgot that I have to take older mini-doodah to hockey practice tonight. It's in DC, so I'll be driving by the White House tonight, but might miss a lot of the excitement since I won't be home until 10:30. There's a tv in the lobby but it's a pretty divided group so might not be the most fun place to watch.

• Like 1

Voted this morning on my way into work. Never seen so many people at the polls as I did for this election.

I actually just got back from Jordan (I was totally Indiana Jones and went to Petra). Had lots of interesting conversations about our politics by people that were very curious, I would get the most laughs if I just said "Yes, we have lost our minds". Jordan is the Switzerland of the middle east, and they really value education. I think my favorite comment back was "and American's think it's just the middle eastern countries that are nuts" :D

• Like 1

People Can't Stop Laughing At This Pic Of Donald Trump Peeking At Melania's Ballot! See The Best Responses!

11/08/2016 3:34 PM ET | Filed under: PolitikLove LineDonald TrumpHillary ClintonHIGHlariousFunnyViral: News

39 Reactions

trump-melania-poll__oPt.jpg

Ugh. If any picture summed up Donald Trump's relationship with Melania Trump, it's probably this one.

On Tuesday, when the GOP nominee and his wife cast their votes in New York, the media couldn't help but capture the Apprentice alum peering over Melania's shoulder in order to get a look at her ballot.

Woah there, Donald. The whole reason polling places have those partitions is so voters can exercise their right in private.

It's possible the controversial candidate was concerned his longtime love was actually going to vote for Hillary Clinton and thought a threatening look in her direction would scare her into submission.

Or maybe the businessman simply didn't know how the ballots work and decided to copy his wife's answers…

Either way, celebs and other funny folks took to Twitter to poke fun at the obnoxious image. Ch-ch-check out the best reactions (below)!

http://perezhilton.com/2016-11-08-donald-trump-melania-trump-election-2016-vote-picture-funny-twitter/?from=post#.WCJu6NzIaC4

• Like 1

I'm curled up in a ball trying not to think about telling my kids we elected a racist, xenophobic, homophobic, unqualified bully as president

• Like 2

I've told people on Facebook over the past couple months (I'm avoiding FB right now) that I live in a rural southern county that is heavily Trump. There is SO MUCH anger here. Anger about Obama (some of it rooted in racism, sure, but a LOT is financial - eg the Affordable Health Care Act did NOT make it easier for people to afford insurance in NC - yes, the state has a lot of responsibility there too, but....) Working from home today watching the Today Show and they're talking about the forgotten men & women that were missed in all the polling - it's true. Rural America - coast to coast- is almost always overlooked by everyone.

I despise the Trump rhetoric. I've been a Hillary supporter since 2008. But I understand the anger expressed in counties like mine. I just wish we had a better person addressing these issues than Trump.

His speech last night was pretty good - maybe he's actually listening to advisors now? He talked about unifying, being a president for all Americans, etc. Let's fight to ensure that really happens.

• Like 1

I am still coming to grips with this. As for the rural voters....Forgive them for they know not what they do. The worst is yet to come.

Edited by MissuTam
  • Like 1

My middle schooler, in an extremely diverse suburban DC neighborhood, said a few boys were yelling "You're going to get deported!" at other kids in the hallway at school today.

My opinion. There is NOTHING good about Trump, not one damn thing. He will cause more separation, anger, and hate than what is already out there. Mark my words. And try this on for good measure: https://medium.com/@theonlytoby/history-tells-us-what-will-happen-next-with-brexit-trump-a3fefd154714#.6hm6hsuos

Edited by Hihomumio
  • Like 2

I'm actually not. The people on my FB thread (and in my family) who are Trump supporters does not surprise me.

On the other hand, I'm actually glad that I *do* have diversity in my friends & family, because it gives me insight into some of the "how" & "why" people do support Trump. Knowledge is power.

I will always believe love trumps hate :wub:

[also, will be donating to Planned Parenthood for the holidays this year!!!]

• Like 1

My opinion. There is NOTHING good about Trump, not one damn thing. He will cause more separation, anger, and hate than what is already out there. Mark my words. And try this on for good measure: https://medium.com/@theonlytoby/history-tells-us-what-will-happen-next-with-brexit-trump-a3fefd154714#.6hm6hsuos

Thanks for the link. I shared with my co-workers.

I always support Planned Parenthood with my United Way contribution.

Edited by MissuTam

We still don't have a governor. And they current shitty gov I tried to vote out is trying to stuff the state supreme court with 2 new seats.

I rage at the news every night. I really need to stop watching it. It's not doing anyone any good.