MissuTam

Election Year 2016

Yeah I had an anxiety attack last week (not a full-blown panic attack, but bad enough), so I've mostly stopped watching the news. Of course it's all "fine" right now...but let's see how shitty things REALLY get in January. And by "fine" I mean...not fine.

The amount of wine I have consumed in the last week is shameful. I'm going to be round soon.

Look up what our new VP Pence did in his own state of Alabama. The only thing that stopped him was federal courts, which now Pence and Trump get to pick - one position at least on Supreme Court, and more likely 3 because 2 of the more liberal judges aren't expected to live. :blink:

Slate ran an interesting article basically saying Paul Ryan is now running the government. I want to punch something every time I see his smug face. Shame, cause ordinarily he's not a bad looking guy. Too bad he's a shit person.

I'm gonna need a lot of weed and wine if I'm going to make it to 2020. Just saying.

Edited to add the link, although don't bother if you're already at the point of madness: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/11/welcome_to_the_paul_ryan_presidency.html

Edited by fykeylicious

I'm gonna need a lot of weed and wine if I'm going to make it to 2020. Just saying.

Feel free to join me in California :)

• Like 1

Feel free to join me in California :)

Fanchitchat support group!!

• Like 1

The fact that the popular vote lead keeps getting bigger and bigger is killing me. He needs to be humbled by that, but he won't be.

Yes, and with all those fools who didn't vote, his victory isn't as great as he thinks. If only we could get a do-over, I am positive the results would be different.

What was it John Oliver just said? Hindsight, like the year we are all eagerly looking toward, is 20/20.

Edited by fykeylicious
  • Like 3

Look up what our new VP Pence did in his own state of Alabama.

Indiana. But yes, he's a fuckwad - believes in "conversion" therapy for gays, control over women's reproductive rights, and all sorts of other horrible things....

Look up what our new VP Pence did in his own state of Alabama.

Indiana. But yes, he's a fuckwad - believes in "conversion" therapy for gays, control over women's reproductive rights, and all sorts of other horrible things....

Let's not forget forcing a woman to hold a funeral for her miscarriage.

Oops yes - Indiana. He has done horrible things in his state. And now he's picking the Trump team to run our country. :ph34r2: And I just had to get off of birth control pills because of my high blood pressure. Worst timing ever.

I love the donate to Planned Parenthood in Pence's name campaign:

http://motto.time.com/4573956/planned-parenthood-mike-pence-donations/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook

I showed to my boss who just told me to write a check for $1k in Pence's name :D Gotta take the little victories when I can.

• Like 3

I've read (but not seen hard data) that a lot of women are rushing to get IUDs before the end of the year.....

I've heard that too. I have doc appointment in a few weeks, I will be asking about this.

These Biden/Obama memes have been making my week!!! We all need humor, right?

This is my favorite so far. I think because I was raised on Schoolhouse Rock :-)

post-926-0-86795400-1479480453.png

So we're all a bunch of pot head winos? God, I love this group. :wub:

I am definetly not happy about Pence. Trump is going to be impeached, but Pence is downright scary, especially for women and children. (didn't he approve a bill in Indiana that says you can physically punish your children?) I am more afraid of Pence rising to the highest office of President than Trump's mishandling of our country. We'll survive Trump. Pence? I'm not so sure.

• Like 4

I have a horrible feeling Trump will stay mostly involved in making his money (did you see he won't set up a blind trust like other presidents have done?) while he lets Pence actually run the country. :BangHead:

Anyone else curious what would happen if we were all allowed to vote again? Who would change their votes, those that did not vote got another chance to do so?

Someone on Twitter (it might have been Adam Scott, but don't quote me) said 2016 is like one big advent calendar where each day you're given a new turd to eat.

That has been pretty damn accurate for me at least. And I was convinced 2016 had to be better than 2015! Guess I better keep my hopes for 2017 down in the gutter where they belong, eh?

Yes, I saw the advent turd comment. True.

Finally watching Dave Chappelle SNL - had seen opener before, now watching the monologue, which is as good as I'd heard...

What the hell does Ben Carson know about running Housing and Urban Development? He is a neurosurgeon. Remember this... "Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he's never run a federal agency," his close friend Armstrong Williams said. :BangHead:

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/04 **#3**
This Academy Award winning actor was wasted out of his mind at an award show. He kept going up to women and asking if they wanted to be grabbed by the pu**y. No one took him up on his offer. He was at his worse.

Thank you Mr. President for making this socially acceptable. :BangHead: