MissuTam

Election Year 2016

I'm still trying to figure out why Trump would consider Sylvester Stallone for chairman of the National Endowment of the Arts. I guess it makes as much sense as the other people he has selected for other positions. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

This is just a book review...I'm sure it has no correlation to our present situation...there's really no need for me to panic. No need to panic. No need to panic. No need to panic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/books/hitler-ascent-volker-ullrich.html

As some of you know, I work for a psychologist and interact with a lot of academics. The similarities between Hitler's rise to power and Trump's current actions has been discussed at length. As Fykeylicious said, no need to panic. No need to panic. No need to panic.... :GroupHug:

• Like 1

Comey learned he was fired from a TV news report while he was in LA addressing FBI field office staff. I am assuming he received the actual letter of termination when he returned to DC. :blink: Wow

I am choosing to remain optimistic and hope this is what will lead to the "draining of the swamp," a la Nixon.

I saw someone make a joke about how our new FBI Director Ted Nugent will surely get to the bottom of the Russian allegations.

It would be funny if it weren't so possible :ph34r2:

I am choosing to remain optimistic and hope this is what will lead to the "draining of the swamp," a la Nixon.

I saw someone make a joke about how our new FBI Director Ted Nugent will surely get to the bottom of the Russian allegations.

It would be funny if it weren't so possible :ph34r2:

As much as I hope you are right, as long as craven, soulless, power-hungry creatures like Mitch McConnell run the Senate I am doubtful that anything other than mass protests (meaning, 50 million people, not five million) that shut down the country will force change.

I called my members of Congress first thing this morning, to voice my support for the statements they already had made, but I know that my voice carries very little weight.

We need some GOP leaders to show some spine and some decency and act in the best interest of the nation rather than in the best interest of their own careers. What's happening should transcend party lines; it ought to be a matter of basic decency, of commitment to what we say are our nation's values, to speak up and take action. It should be easy.

History will judge our leaders, and us, for how we behave during this time.

• Like 3

Agree with the above. I sent emails to my reps within a half hour of hearing about the firing. All of my reps have been vocal and active (I mean, one of them ran for VP with Hillary, so he's on my side) but they are in the minority and have no leverage here. It will take people like (stop vomit reflux) McCain and Graham to step it up and push. i don't think there are enough masses to do it in the public. My Trump family members are digging in.

Russians in the Oval office...smug Russians mocking a reporter and laughing as he walks away...no American press allowed, but Russian photographer in the Oval office!!! Putin laughing through an interview, mocking Americans!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!

And now the White House staff is upset because Tass (Putin) released the photos!!!!! "They tricked us," an angry White House official said. "That's the problem with the Russians -- they lie," the official added. (orange idiot continues to kiss their Russian asses) WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/oval-office-photos-donald-trump-russians/

Speaking of the Washington Post, tonight they ran an opinion piece from Charles Krauthammer, of all people, calling Comey's firing a "political ax murder" and questioning the plausibility of all explanations for that decision that do not include the word " Russia."

Of course, Agent Orange himself said in an interview today that he was motivated by frustration over the fact that the Russia investigations won't go away.

• Like 2

I made the mistake of beginning my morning with a coffee and reading the comments on a news recap of the latest in this ongoing saga.

Not a good idea.

I can't believe there are still people loudly proclaiming Trump is going to lock Hillary up and firing Comey will set that in motion. If I were a Trump supporter I think I'd be hanging my head in shame at this point.

I just don't understand this world. How on earth a traitor to his country is continually applauded for his traitorous acts is beyond me. The founding fathers must be spinning in their graves.

TGIF indeed. I'll be having a few cocktails tonight, to celebrate both the end of the week and the end of our democracy. Vashe zrodovye!

• Like 3

I made the mistake of beginning my morning with a coffee and reading the comments on a news recap of the latest in this ongoing saga.

Not a good idea.

I can't believe there are still people loudly proclaiming Trump is going to lock Hillary up and firing Comey will set that in motion. If I were a Trump supporter I think I'd be hanging my head in shame at this point.

I just don't understand this world. How on earth a traitor to his country is continually applauded for his traitorous acts is beyond me. The founding fathers must be spinning in their graves.

TGIF indeed. I'll be having a few cocktails tonight, to celebrate both the end of the week and the end of our democracy. Vashe zrodovye!

There are a great many people in this country who are blinded by illusion. A great many of those people are Trump supporters, how else to explain this nightmare?

Good morning from 45...

"James Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press,"

Maybe the best thing to do would be to cancel all future "press briefings" and hand out written responses for the sake of accuracy???

I still have some Trump supporters in my FB feed (mostly friends of friends or people I see commenting on other posts - including one incredibly fun and outspoken libertarian). Today I've read that the entire Russia investigation is a plot by the former administration to undermine the presidency. Yep.

I live in the blue bubble known as coastal California (Orange County excluded and even they voted for Hillary) so I really don't get to see the Trump support firsthand. The mental gymnastics they go through to justify his actions is astonishing.

Edited by witchkitten
  • Like 1

I Live​ in rural NC and I would venture most of my white neighbors are Trump supporters, based on the signage I saw last fall. And based on gerrymandering and exit polls, I'd guess most of my African-American neighbors didn't vote this election....

As much as I'd like to disconnect, I think it's important to try to understand the anger and mindset behind what has happened so we can stop it!!

• Like 2

I Live​ in rural NC and I would venture most of my white neighbors are Trump supporters, based on the signage I saw last fall. And based on gerrymandering and exit polls, I'd guess most of my African-American neighbors didn't vote this election....

As much as I'd like to disconnect, I think it's important to try to understand the anger and mindset behind what has happened so we can stop it!!

I agree 100%. It's just that I don't have access to many Trump voters. Actually any Trump voters. My friend's parents live in Ohio and are conservative so she will occasionally tell me their rationales for things but that's about it.

I'm less concerned about those who did vote for Trump since I think only a minority of them would have voted for any democrat. It's the people who voted for Barack Obama who didn't even vote in the last election, or worse, voted but left the presidential section blank, who likely made the biggest impact. I just don't see many people being not racist enough and liberal enough to vote for a moderately liberal black man for president suddenly being okay with an openly racist, highly conservative nutcase like Trump. It's not that they don't exist but the number has to be relatively small.

• Like 1

Bernie Sanders supporters didn't help matters at all with their petulant and spoiled-brat behavior. No one is going to say to me that Clinton would have been worse than asshole Trump because that would be lying. I really liked Sanders and still do, but when he couldn't control his supporters over the inevitable bumps and curves in the road to the election...and especially once he lost the Dem nomination, well...that's when I knew he was not a leader. If he couldn't control his supporters, he wasn't going to be able to control the country at large nor really have much sway over foreign interests. I do want to see him very active in Senate matters though, he does have some very worthy ideas and many things that he supports I am also in favor of. But he is not Presidential material unfortunately, that leadership ability is missing. A lot of the youngsters who voted for him were pulled in by the "grandfatherly" image he portrayed, although I do not believe that was done deliberately on his part to mislead anyone.

Edited by Hihomumio
  • Like 3

Hihomumio - I agree with you 1000%.

Meanwhile, I'm in the suburbs of Philadelphia and surrounded by Trumpets. I know people who voted for Trump, stayed home on election day, and some who EVEN WROTE IN SANDERS!!

I want to punch something. What in the ever-loving fuck????

I really wanted 2017 to be full of positivity and optimism, but -- good lord, it's hard.

• Like 2

Hihomumio - I agree with you 1000%.

Meanwhile, I'm in the suburbs of Philadelphia and surrounded by Trumpets. I know people who voted for Trump, stayed home on election day, and some who EVEN WROTE IN SANDERS!!

I want to punch something. What in the ever-loving fuck????

I really wanted 2017 to be full of positivity and optimism, but -- good lord, it's hard.

You're right, it's very difficult. I am seeing people I have known for years turning into strangers. The hate this man has inspired with all that he's done (and will do if they don't impeach him) is doing as much psychological damage to people as anything else. I have been involved politically, but have stepped back and I won't let this change who I am. The hate and rage full to overflowing with some people is destructive to one's spiritual being. I won't allow that to happen to me nor those I love.

• Like 2