Sign in to follow this  
princess

Test

The only really glitchy thing I’ve noticed is that it no longer takes you directly to the last (newest) post in an unread thread. Instead it just takes you to the first page of the thread. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dixiedoodah said:

The only really glitchy thing I’ve noticed is that it no longer takes you directly to the last (newest) post in an unread thread. Instead it just takes you to the first page of the thread. 

Interesting. I’ll see if that’s a setting I can update. 

I don't know how I feel about the little stars to tell us there is a new post in a thread either.  What do you think??

FYI it says somewhere there is a user setting so that when you click on a thread it takes you to the most recent post, but I haven't found it yet.  I'm heading off for vacation so I'll track down more info when I get back.

• Thanks 1

Spent a week down in Mexico, had a great time.  Came back with a torn rotator cuff and pinched nerve (they think, I hear MRI results tomorrow).  So I'll be a bit slow for the next few weeks.  This is what I get for trying zip lining when I am terrified of heights. 

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, princess said:

Spent a week down in Mexico, had a great time.  Came back with a torn rotator cuff and pinched nerve (they think, I hear MRI results tomorrow).  So I'll be a bit slow for the next few weeks.  This is what I get for trying zip lining when I am terrified of heights. 

Good luck, Princess! Keep us updated -- hopefully it will heal quickly and easily. 

Nothing torn!!  So that is good.  Just about 8 weeks of physical therapy.  Damn, I feel old :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ugh. I damaged my rotator cuff (not torn) in a tragic hand sanitizer related accident about 8 years ago. It’s never been 100% since then. I hope it heals quickly for you!

My husband thought he tore his rotator cuff (damn google) and needed surgery. I said - let's go to the orthopedist and see what she thinks. He had a frozen shoulder, needed a cortisone shot, had an allergic reaction to something in that shot (NOT cortisone!) but he's fine now.

He's happy he doesn't have to do PT. I still think he should ?

Good luck with your shoulder!!

21 hours ago, dixiedoodah said:

Ugh. I damaged my rotator cuff (not torn) in a tragic hand sanitizer related accident about 8 years ago. It’s never been 100% since then. I hope it heals quickly for you!

yeah I'm going to need more info about this, please

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, fykeylicious said:

yeah I'm going to need more info about this, please

Yup, me too. :D

It’s really just a stupid story, but I feel a need to jazz it up because I can’t believe the myriad stupid ways in which I hurt myself. 

Like, most people tear their rotator cuff zip lining in Mexico, or bungee jumping, or at least playing rugby. I had a bottle of hand sanitizer in the pocket that’s on the back of my passenger seat in my car. I took my kids to McDonalds for whatever was the super necessary happy meal toy at that time. I was driving through, from the pay window to the pickup window and I reached behind me with my right hand to get some hand sanitizer because... money hands and eating... and my arm popped, got stuck in position reaching to the back of the passenger seat and I had to collect my food, limp into the parking spot, put the car in park and turn it off all with just my left hand. then I had to climb onto my knees in my seat and get my arm up and over the seatback. There is zero chance my kids didn’t immediately tell that story to my husband. 

In the last 6 months I’ve given myself a concussion while changing the bedsheets, and just about a month ago I fell down the one step in my garage and got a grade 1 (I think it was 1, the worst one) sprain of both ankles. I had to sleep on the couch for three days because I couldn’t get up and down the steps. I still can’t easily go down steps yet. I am like a magnet for stupid accidents. Consequently I don’t sport and I read a lot!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

For the record, I am a perfectly healthy person with no sad and mitigating health problems that can explain my world-class klutziness. 

WOW

I thought I had it bad -- a few years ago I damaged my knee nudging a small table back into place with my leg. But that's nothing compared to you!

Hope those ankles get back to normal super fast! 

I sprained my knee getting into the back of my husband's pickup truck, ages ago when we were dating (eg I was young(er) and can't blame it on being an old fart)

I'm sorry you've had such awful experiences!! I hope your mobility comes back quickly!!!

Wow, what a story!!  I am generally the klutz in my family.  I'm also the one that seems to catch every weird illness that comes around.  I got a notice in the mail that a new urgent care opened up in my neighborhood and they were having an open house.  My sister saw it and died laughing saying that I'm the only one that would get invited to an Urgent Care open house because of my klutziness. 

• Haha 2