princess

Kathy Griffin

Kathy Griffin and Apple Billionaire Split

Kathy Griffin has split from billionaire Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.

Damn. I had visions of her becoming a diva-billionairess-wife and taking over the world.

*sigh* I'll bet that she had those very same visions but now it's all ruined! Damn billionaires.

Still love her.

Kathy Griffin 'fired' from 'Hannah Montana'?

Apr 29, 2008, 11:05 PM | by Ari Karpel

Comedian Kathy Griffin tells EW.com that her infamous declaration at last year's Creative Arts Emmys — "Suck it, Jesus! This award is my god now!" killed her appearance on the hit Miley Cyrus Disney Channel series, Hannah Montana. "I was fired from Hannah Montana for my 'suck it Jesus' remark," Griffin says. "Which I can tell you now that Miley Cyrus has been flashing her green bra and posing topless." Although it had never been reported that Griffin planned to appear on the squeaky-clean show, Griffin says it was in the works until her faux-outrageous acceptance speech. "I was basically told, 'Disney doesn't want you anywhere near the building,'" she says. (Disney says Griffin's Emmy speech had no bearing on its decision. "With all casting decisions, a 'pass' or 'accept' is ultimately a creative decision," a Disney channel spokeswoman said via email. "The 'pass' on Kathy Griffin in a particular guest role had nothing to do with comedy routines or public comments.")

Griffin isn't sure if she was to play a character or do a cameo as herself. "I might have been the nosy neighbor," she speculates. "Or maybe the hooker with a heart of gold." Approached about a year ago to make an appearance on Montana, the comedian agreed, but had never seen the show."And suddenly everyone was telling me how huge the show is with kids, so I was really excited," she says. The timing didn't come together for last season, so they aimed for fall 2007 instead. But then there was that Emmy speech, which was interpreted by some as a slam on Jesus, though Griffin's intention was to send-up awards acceptance speeches.

Despite the negative consequences of her Emmy speech, Griffin is still getting kudos. On Saturday, Griffin's Bravo series, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, won outstanding reality series from GLAAD, which honors positive portrayals of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered people, at the organization's gala at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood. Griffin was surprised and very satisfied: "The gays love me for the same reason I love them: Nothing offends them!"

PAINLESS SPLIT

Page Six

May 19, 2008 -- IT didn't take long for Apple billionaire Steve Wozniak to get over our favorite comic, Kathy Griffin. "His secretary called me to say he was dating someone else. And then three weeks after he met this woman, he married her!" Griffin told us at Ben Silverman and NBC's Upfront party the other night at the Empire Hotel. Griffin isn't too broken up, though - "We were really just friends anyway." Meanwhile, Silverman's mom, Mary, held court at the St. Tropez Tan-sponsored party with Brooke Shields, Minka Kelly, Christian Slater and a pregnant Amy Poehler.

AT HOME WITH KATHY GRIFFIN

My Life on the D-List star Kathy Griffin invites us inside her Hollywood Hills mansion and chats about her A-list life. You'll have to pick up the mag for the scoop, but here are some outtakes from our photo shoot

Posted Image

When Star's reporter arrived at Kathy's home, the comedian's dogs came running. "They are the best watch dogs!" Kathy says about her rescued lab mixes, Chance, 8, and PomPom, 2. "They're in love. A real May/December couple. They are like Hugh Hefner and Holly Madison."

Posted Image

The gated, two-story, 7,300-square-foot mansion is valued at over $3 million and has 180-degree views of Studio City and Hollywood.

Posted Image

"When I was struggling and living off my paychecks from temping, I lived in a small one room apartment in Santa Monica for seven years," Kathy says. "I was happy there, but as soon as I made some money I wanted the biggest house my money could buy... I hope every cheerleader who made fun of me in high school is sickly jealous."

Posted Image

"If I could have David Archuleta's father and Dina Lohan as my parents, I'd be the biggest star right now."

– Bravo's A-List Awards host Kathy Griffin, to PEOPLE

I hope every cheerleader who made fun of me in high school is sickly jealous."

Yeah, um, except for the fact that her house is hideously tacky, so much so that even ex-cheerleaders are giggling at her horrific taste. Sorry, kath.

GRIFFIN'S MOVE

BRAVO is about to lose another winning show to the competition. On the heels of "Project Runway's" being ripped to Lifetime, insiders are buzzing that Kathy Griffin might take her "Life on the D-List" and comedy specials to a greener pasture. "Other networks are aggressively pursuing Kathy for a multitiered deal, which would include hosting a late-night talk show, award shows, and continuing her reality show and comedy specials," a well-placed source dished. Griffin's rep had "no comment," but our tipster said to keep an eye out for Griffin's post-Emmy announcement.

Kathy Griffin: Another D-List Season Is Happening

Wednesday November 19, 2008

Kathy Griffin's show, My Life on the D-List, is coming back to Bravo.

"It's season 5. We start shooting [Wednesday]," Griffin, 48, told Usmagazine.com at the GQ Men of the Year party in L.A. Tuesday night. "Literally, it's our first day. I know, what am I doing here [at this party]?"

See the most controversial reality stars.

What to expect this time around?

"Season 5 is going to be a little bit of a transitional season because it's going to be more celebrity oriented," she said. "[it's] the way that American Idol sort of started as a singing contest and then every week you expect to see the mentors. I have some really good guest stars coming on the D-List this year."

But she's keeping her lips zipped.

"I can't tell you, but please call Bravo!" she said. "I'm actually getting a lot of people that I want to, and it's really, really exciting.

"And the two Emmys didn't help," she added jokingly. "Suck that Efron! The more important thing is that I have more Emmys than Zac Efron! I just want to make sure we are good on that."

Griffin had a few more choice words for Efron, and all the other gorgeous guys at the GQ Men of the Year soiree.

"I laugh at them. That's right. I laugh at the shallowness," she said. "There's a couple wearing more make-up than I, and I'm talking about you, Zac Efron!

"So, I'm hear to man shop," she said.

(Griffin split from her husband, Matt Moline, in 2006 after accusing him from stealing $72,000 from her. Her relationship with Apple co-founder billionaire Steve Wozniak ended in April.)

"It's like a big man mall for me, and I've got a credit card, so I'm going to buy a guy tonight," the Dolce Gabbana-clad comic told Us. "I'm just going to buy one!"

HAPPY #*%! NEW YEAR TO YOU, TOO!

COMIC KATHY LASHES OUT AT HECKLER ON CNN

January 2, 2009

Comedienne Kathy Griffin may be doomed to life on CNN's S-list after answering a heckler with a shrieking, vulgar tirade during the network's live New Year's Eve broadcast.

"Screw you," she told the heckler. "Why don't you get a job, buddy? You know what? I don't go to your job and knock the d- - - out of your mouth."

The raunchy exchange, which occurred well after the ball dropped at midnight, was received with guffaws by the camera crew.

Co-host Anderson Cooper, who spent the night playing the role of straight man to Griffin's antics, then managed to break for commercial - although by that point, he could barely keep a straight face.

Cooper seemed to become increasingly uncomfortable with Griffin's off-color remarks, including her request to "get a pap smear from [CNN medical reporter] Dr. Sanjay Gupta," and her description of former CNN host Glenn Beck as a "heroin addict Mormon."

But wishing viewers a Happy "Blue" Year seems to have been exactly why Griffin, star of the Bravo reality-TV show "My Life on the D-List," was tapped for the show for the second year running.

"Do you love watching thousands of screaming people and a giant ball falling from the sky?" Griffin states on her Web site. "How about we add in Kathy Griffin, Anderson Cooper and a live mike? Yes, we thought you'd be excited."

A spokeswoman for CNN did not return a call for comment. The remarks were edited out of the rebroadcast of the show for the West Coast.

Except when speaking the name of the vice president, CNN goes out of its way to avoid using the D-word. In 2007, while reporting on the popular "Saturday Night Live" short by Justin Timberlake and cast member Andy Samberg, CNN replaced the offending word in its title, calling it "(Blank) in a Box."

It's unclear what exactly provoked Griffin's use of oral-sex imagery, or whether she realized the show had yet to cut to a commercial break.

In clips of the incident posted on YouTube, Griffin appears to be addressing one or more Times Square revelers who had hung around after the ball had dropped.

Making outlandish remarks that put audiences on edge has long been part of her shtick.

Accepting an Emmy for her Bravo show in 2007, she said: "A lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus. So, all I can say is, 'Suck it, Jesus.' This award is my god now."

Her speech was denounced by Christian groups and largely edited out of the later broadcast.

On her show, she claims to be a D-list celebrity, and as a result needs to go the extra mile for publicity.

Griffin's MySpace page was filled with dozens of supportive messages following the broadcast.

"Priceless! I love it! That is why I am a huge fan of yours! Haha!" one poster said.

Another indicated that her husband is "already tired" of her repeating the vulgar remark.

"The comment you made to the heckler last night was awesome," another friend said. "I wish we could have seen Anderson Cooper's reaction! Hope you didn't get in trouble from CNN!"

Griffin has not addressed the matter on her blog and could not be reached for comment yesterday.

jeremy.olshan@nypost.com

Here it is :)

Aww, thanks for the thought, Cy. Unfortunately, I have dial-up *runs and hides to avoid derision* :unsure: and the sound comes out in about 0.2 of a second spurts all the way through the video. So it all sounds like a spaceship full of little aliens to me!!

:4biggrin:

Edited by schumibabe

Yeah, she's a comedian, they put down hecklers. It's a fairly common retort--I've heard it (and variations) before.....I think the G-rated versions involves not going down to your job and knocking the mop out of your hands....

CNN knew exactly what they were doing when they hired her, in fact advertising leading up to the event indicated she'd do something outrageous.

Yep, not understanding all the hullabaloo over all this. It was after the ball dropped, not before. And she does not appear drunk as was reported by some other news networks.

And she does not appear drunk as was reported by some other news networks.

I don't think she drinks. She's just a little crazy, like all good comics :4biggrin:

And she does not appear drunk as was reported by some other news networks.

I don't think she drinks. She's just a little crazy, like all good comics :4biggrin:

Hasn't she been to rehab...like all good comics...lol. I don't think Dane Cook has been...so that explains a lot. :jumping1:

I really liked the interview she did with Defamer: http://defamer.com/5121240/surviving-rosie...n-fireside-chat

Kathy Griffin isn't just a frequent subject of our fair site—she's also a Defamer reader. And so, who better for us to interview to help make sense of the crazy Hollywood year that was 2008?

When we spoke to Griffin, she had just left Los Angeles (where she'd eaten Christmas Eve dinner at Cher's house) and had flown to New York to co-host CNN's New Year's Eve coverage with Anderson Cooper. Did she see the Coop's notorious 60 Minutes interview with Michael Phelps, we asked? "Of course I did! Who didn't? Even my mom was titillated."

So Kathy, a lot has happened since Defamer last spoke to you, both for your career, and for the world.

Oh yeah! I don't know if you came to any of my Kodak shows last week, but I had the most unusual, weird, wonderful combo of people come backstage. I wasn't doing any meet-and-greets because usually it's just a bunch of agents who don't really know me, so I had a "no meet-and-greet" policy. But every night I would hear that little walkie-talkie: "Dave Grohl wants to say hi." So that was extremely exciting, I got to meet him. And then the next night was really good because we had the unusual combo of T.R. Knight and Dave Chappelle.

Did they come backstage at the same time?

Yeah, both at the same time! So that was a great moment and I wish there'd been some 360 flipcam action going on. T.R. was really sweet and I was dying to ask him about Grey's Anatomy, but Chappelle kinda cockblocked me. Chappelle had no idea who T.R. is so I'm sitting there trying to explain what Grey's Anatomy is and T.R. is very much enamored and very much a fan of Dave's. And you know, to me, a Chappelle sighting is kind of like Elvis.

You alluded to T.R. Knight's backstage drama, and I wanted to ask you about your own. What was up with the Bravo renegotiation for the next season of D-List? There were rumors that you were jumping ship, then Bravo told us they'd signed you...

They definitely said I was signed when I wasn't. It was just a bloodbath of a negotation. It was a very D-list negotiation. I'm not in this situation you hear about where people get Porsches from their networks. Can I say what Bravo got me for Christmas?

Sure.

It's an eco-friendly blanket. Yeah, it was a bloody negotiation. All I can say is, you should see the other guy.

There's also talk that the format of My Life on the D-List is going to change a little bit? How so?

Yeah, I'm excited about that. We've already actually started. You know, Bravo originally talked to me at one point about doing a talk show, and I'm not sure about that. I feel like the best way to do that is to try to learn and see what you can do well instead of jumping behind a desk, at least for me. So I said, "Well, what if we take The D-List and instead of having me do things that aren't really part of my life anymore, we keep the elements of The D-List that you love—cut to my mom with a box of wine—but this year we have it be more celebrity-oriented. So half of it is like a talk show with A-listers and the other half of it is the D-list stuff you've come to expect for me to be horrified by.

Kathy, what was up with Andy Cohen and Daniel Craig having that shirtless frolic in St. Bart's? How did that happen?

Andy Cohen who?

Andy Cohen from Bravo.

ANDY COHEN FROM BRAVO had a shirtless frolic with Daniel Craig?

You need to get yourself on the internet after this interview to look up those pictures.

That sounds like a gay photo shoot to me.

It kind of is. There's a lot of bare chests and Daniel Craig emerging from the surf in short shorts.

That makes me vomit, because all that tells me is that that's what Andy Cohen is doing instead of promoting Season 5 of My Life on the D-List. The double Emmy-winning My Life on the D-List.

We have to talk about Rosie Live. That was such a...

...such a clusterfuck backstage, is what you were going to say? [laughs] I had more fun backstage at that than at anything in my life. It was really just the most bizarre, odd combination of people sharing dressing rooms, because it was an off-Broadway theater. At one point I looked in my room and there was Jane Krakowski in like a zip-up teddy and heels and fishnets, and there's Liza in a cashmere, sparkly Halston rehearsing over and over, then Gloria Estefan is in a wool dress fanning herself because there's no air conditioning, and then Alec Baldwin walks in and he's so hot that he uses the cool setting on a blow dryer to blow his face. And then in comes Clay [Aiken]! And it doesn't get any better than that.

And he was frosty to you. I assume that was the first time you'd seen him since he came out of the closet.

Frosty, yeah. You're damn right he was. Yeah, it was the first time I'd seen him since he "came out of the closet," but then that's all relative, isn't it? [laughs]

Why do you think he picked that time to finally come out?

I guess because of the kid. My guess is that he was going to be walking around with the baby and someone would ask, "Who's the mom?" And he doesn't want to have to say, "Harold," or whoever.

While we're on the subject, gay people are very mad at Obama right now because of Rick Warren. Did he screw up on that one?

Yeah, he did. Big time. Most straights aren't thrilled, either! Rick Warren...he's bad news, this guy. I just try to ignore those guys. It's funny, I make a joke about religion and then I get in trouble, but those guys ultimately are the joke. Who listens to anything Rick Warren says after that?

A lot of people, it seems.

What, his flock of morons? Let 'em have him.

What do you make of Jennifer Aniston's current press tour to promote her nude GQ photo shoot...I mean, Marley & Me?

I am so jealous of that GQ photo shoot! I want to put on a man's tie and look 25. I loved it. I don't understand the animosity toward Jennifer Aniston, I don't know what she's done to people, and it's kind of startling to me because I didn't know she had it in her to evoke such passion in people. This is the girl who was on Friends and she does movies now and then, but people are like out to get her now and I'm a little confused by that.

Speaking of animosty, let's discuss Elisabeth Hasselbeck and The View. We've had a crazy journey with her during this political year, and we've heard that there's been a lot of backstage drama. You've co-hosted there before—can you shed any light on the subject?

You know, I have an extremely annoying voice, so I should talk, but when I hear that chipmunky high-pitched screeching of hers, I just tune out. Maybe it's just from me being there so many times, but I know that backstage, you do the hair and makeup and you have an hour off to go to your room and do whatever you want, study or read the paper or whatever. And [with Elisabeth] all that happens is that Bill Geddie, the executive producer, goes to her room and gives her the Fox talking points. Everyone who's co-hosted the show knows that. So when I hear those things coming out of her mouth, I don't even know if those are her thoughts, as deep as they must be.

Finally, Seth wanted me to thank you for introducing David Archuleta to Defamer.

That was a fun conversation. I didn't know what he was taking from it or not. I mean, he's not always "present," shall I say? But to this day, that video of the screaming girls...that is my Prozac. If I'm having a bad day, I can play that and feel just fine about the world. It's so fucking funny.

All right Kathy, thank you so much.

Are you going to watch my New Year's show with Anderson?

We'll definitely DVR it.

OK, great. And remember, Ryan Seacrest can suck it.

Ballantine Acquires Kathy Griffin Memoir For More Than $2 Million

The comedian Kathy Griffin is writing a memoir, and according to three sources with knowledge of the deal, her literary agent at Endeavor, former Dutton editor-in-chief Trena Keating, sold it at auction last week to an editor at Random House’s Ballantine imprint for more than $2 million.

Ms. Griffin, who got her start on the sitcom Suddenly Susan, stars in a successful reality TV show on Bravo (My Life on the D-List) and has a passionate fanbase that includes lots and lots of gay men.

Carol Schneider, director of publicity at the Random House Publishing Group, declined to comment, as did Ms. Keating. Pamela Cannon, the Ballantine editor-at-large who acquired Ms. Griffin's book, did not return calls seeking comment.

Kathy Griffin's got a hot body and she isn't afraid to show it!

“I’ve become insufferable, tormenting my friends, saying, ‘Do you know I have a banging bikini bod?’ That should be my new name: Banging Bikini Bod Griffin,” she jokes to OK!.

Posted Image

Her face doesn't look too bad in that pic, in some she looks a little too plastic surgeried. Plus, I wish she'd get a better hair cut. The one she has seems to make her face look more square.