Sign in to follow this  
fykeylicious

Visitation Dream?

Ok this is an odd topic for fanchitchat, but here goes.

A few weeks ago, I lost my grandfather. He was in his 90s and quite ill, so his death was not unexpected, and I was able to say goodbye. However, he has always been more of a father to me than a grandfather (I danced with him at my wedding) and his death is hitting me hard. 

That being said, I think I had a visitation dream this morning. It was very different from a dream -- this felt like a visit. My best friend lost her husband suddenly two years ago and she has experienced this as well. She says she will dream of him, but then she has dreams that are visits, and the two are very different. 

SOOO. Part of me wants to think what I experienced this morning was a visit and the Scully part of me says it's just wishful thinking. 

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Curious to hear what other chitchatters have experienced.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry you lost your grandfather.  Expected or not, has to be rough.

I have not had a "visit", but I have friends that say the same thing.  Consider yourself lucky you got a visit!

• Like 1

My father passed away suddenly from a brain aneurysm in 2002,  I took care of most of the arrangements as my mother and sisters were just incapable of handling their grief and I was the only one that held it together.  About 2 months after he passed away I had a visit from him. Sounds surreal but I was in bed, finally crying my heart out over losing him, and I felt a heavy weight on top of me, so heavy I couldn't move, I opened my eyes and flexed my fingers to make sure I wasn't dreaming.  As soon as I realized it was my dad, the weight became comforting and I knew he was trying to tell me everything would be alright and he was in a good place.  I fell asleep with him close to me.  It happened again about 2 weeks later, I think he was just checking to make sure I was fine.  It's never happened after those two "visits" but I really believe it was him. Hope you found the same comfort.

Lori

• Like 3