Sign in to follow this  
princess

2018 Emmy Awards

Just started watching NBC carpet (recorded so I have some ff-ability). Plunging bodice - I like. Pink eyeshadow I hate. Sandra Oh's mom - love her dress.

Natalie Morales - severe bunny nose, LA Botox oveedone?

Question: WHY were the Emmys on last night??? Aren't they always on in the early part of the year, during award seasons? Like February or March? Or am I just being dumb? (Always a possibility!)

Edited by fykeylicious
grammar!

I was very confused too. Esp since I swear I saw an ad (probably as I FF'd) that they were on Sept 24. Oh well. I caught the show but not the E! Red Carpet.Probably for the best.

I checked and they were Sept 17 2017, so......

2 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Move to Monday night signalled new ratings low

https://tvline.com/2018/09/18/emmys-2018-awards-ratings/

Not surprised -- didn't seem like anyone even knew they were happening. I feel like usually they are given a lot more fanfare leading up to the awards. 

Not to mention that a good portion of the nation is battling either fire or flood....not many have the time or the inclination right now. 

Edited by fykeylicious
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Move to Monday night signalled new ratings low

https://tvline.com/2018/09/18/emmys-2018-awards-ratings/

I wasn't able to watch and didn't record.  Didn't even know it was happening until some images started popping up on my news feed about it happening that night.  No idea why they changed to a Monday night, but lame.

2018 Emmy Winners: A Complete List

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/17/arts/television/2018-emmy-awards-winners-list.html

I tuned out after the opening was just SNL people over and over.   I love that they own their jokes no matter what, but they were super bad.

Hoya is outside Raleigh, who I think faired okay, maybe some power outages.  I am outside Charlotte and except for Sunday when all three main arteries out of my neighborhood were flooded, we were fine.    My Husband works during the week in Fayetteville and his apt was evacuated.    

It is devastating in Wilmington and the southeastern part of the State.

• Like 1

Branchop, so glad to hear you are okay. I have been watching The Weather Channel daily and cannot fathom the images I am seeing. These are frightening times.

16 hours ago, fykeylicious said:

Speaking of fire and flood, aren't you in NC, Hoya? You doing okay? 

Anyone else hit by Florence? You all doing ok?

We're fine - we're a little north of the Triangle, so our worst weather was Sunday/Monday - I think we had about 5" rain total so nothing compared to others. I couldn't drive to work on Monday due to flooded roads (I work in Durham, it was raining blindingly hard at 7am, after I hit the 4th flooded road, I turned around and drove back home and worked from home, just like Thurs & Friday when the campus was closed but nothing happened....Slow moving storm!) We had power flicker a couple times, and I lost internet (satellite) for an hour or so, but otherwise no problems.

11 hours ago, branchop said:

Hoya is outside Raleigh, who I think faired okay, maybe some power outages.  I am outside Charlotte and except for Sunday when all three main arteries out of my neighborhood were flooded, we were fine.    My Husband works during the week in Fayetteville and his apt was evacuated.    

It is devastating in Wilmington and the southeastern part of the State.

Glad you're ok! My in-laws primary residence is Oak Island, and of course, they can't get back there now to see the damages. I think the bridge re-opened yesterday, but I don't think there's a route from here to there open yet....

We were on vacation and flying home on Sept 12 (last Wed) so our flight was full of people on standby trying to get back before the storm hit. My in-laws told us the grocery stores near us were sold out, so we stopped at a store on the way home from airport and they had been restocked - had plenty of milk & eggs. But no bread ? So no Hurricane French Toast for us. Was able to do the rest of a quick "I've been gone 2 weeks and my fridge is empty" shopping though.

Floyd was my first major storm in NC, 1999. And it was a very wet storm, I thought it was the worst thing I'd ever seen. This is worse.

• Like 1

Over 5 million chickens have drowned so far. Can't remember how many billions in damages the last estimate I heard was.....Knock wood, not so many deaths. I think the rivers have all crested by now and should be receding, so people will really start going back/in to assess damage (and of course, potentially discover more deaths....)

Also, hurricane season goes until Nov 30, so.....

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Sad 1

The Emmys were moved to Monday because of some weirdness with the football schedule this year. 

Glad to hear that y’all are safe and dry. My family was supposed to be at a sports tournament for kid #1 in Wilmington and staying beachfront in Wrightsville beach. We were supposed to arrive at the same time as Florence. The hotel called and cancelled on us and we were all kind of bummed but wow, so glad we didn’t go! I can’t even imagine the clean up and the devastation that will be left behind.

• Like 1