Sign in to follow this  

Divorce, 2019: who’ll do it, next?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Marry in Surprise Las Vegas Wedding After Billboard Music Awards 2019: Photos

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/pictures/joe-jonas-sophie-turner-wed-in-surprise-vegas-wedding/

TMZ

6:45 AM PT -- Jesse Grice, Reverend Elvis who officiated, tells TMZ he was booked for the wedding a week ago but wasn't told who was getting hitched. We're told Joe and Sophie booked the entire Chapel from 8 PM to 12 AM ... so no other weddings were going down. Grice says he recognized the Jonas Bros, but had no idea who Sophie Turner was because he doesn't watch "Game of Thrones."

Grice serenaded Joe and Sophie to "Viva Las Vegas" after the "I dos." 

BTW ... Joe and Sophie got married on what would have been the 52nd anniversary of the marriage between Elvis and Priscilla.

• Like 1

When I heard this my first thought was: what is the divorce rate for those married by an Elvis Impersonator?  ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, branchop said:

When I heard this my first thought was: what is the divorce rate for those married by an Elvis Impersonator?  ?

Yeah, that would be a fun stat to know. 

For this particular couple, I do actually think it's a real relationship and as healthy as a Hollywood couple can be.  What do you all think?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, princess said:

Yeah, that would be a fun stat to know. 

For this particular couple, I do actually think it's a real relationship and as healthy as a Hollywood couple can be.  What do you all think?

I think so too. Doesn’t mean it will work out but they seem healthy for the time being. They’re going to have a bigger wedding in France this summer but because they’re not French citizens they had to get married here as well. 

• Like 2

I think all the Jonas brothers have "real" relationships. How long they'll last - no clue! But they all dated a while, engaged a while, etc. (no, Nick & Priyanka weren't engaged long - but they flirted a year or two before they met again at the Met and finally fast-tracked the relationship and OMG WHY DO I KNOW ALL THIS??!!!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Scarlet & Colin engaged ?

https://t.co/NVl1jH6AwT

I had no idea they were even dating ?

I think of her as a serial monogamist.  I forget she started so early and is only 34...

• Like 1

Irina Shayk & Bradley Cooper have split. Though they have a daughter, I can't remember if they're married? Don't think so?

6 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Irina Shayk & Bradley Cooper have split. Though they have a daughter, I can't remember if they're married? Don't think so?

What is Lady Gaga's status these days?  :D

• Haha 2

In case you've been hiding under a rock (I have, I've been sick :( ) Katherine Schwarzenegger and Chris Pratt got married over the weekend.

On 5/19/2019 at 9:27 PM, Hoyaheel said:

Scarlet & Colin engaged ?

https://t.co/NVl1jH6AwT

Do not love her ring https://pagesix.com/2019/07/22/scarlett-johansson-debuts-11-carat-engagement-ring-from-colin-jost/

Yellow is my least favorite color. I don't love diamonds (though as I get older, they're growing on me). I'm all for non-traditional but this is just not at all my style....

Just saw that Adrianne Palicki and Scott Grimes are divorcing after just 2 months. I didn't even know they were dating, much less married - and I watch Orville. (where I assume they met)

(on a related note, that show was renewed - but then they just announced it'll be streaming only, so I guess I won't be watching. Grrrrrrrrrrr!) 

https://theblast.com/c/the-orville-adrianne-palicki-scott-grimes-divorce

Edited by Hoyaheel

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:02 PM, Hoyaheel said:

Just saw that Adrianne Palicki and Scott Grimes are divorcing after just 2 months. I didn't even know they were dating, much less married - and I watch Orville. (where I assume they met)

(on a related note, that show was renewed - but then they just announced it'll be streaming only, so I guess I won't be watching. Grrrrrrrrrrr!) 

https://theblast.com/c/the-orville-adrianne-palicki-scott-grimes-divorce

Completely off topic, but I remember a time when TV stars did not have the same cache as movie stars. 

I wonder what cache (if any) streaming stars have?  :huh:

2 hours ago, tyler said:

Completely off topic, but I remember a time when TV stars did not have the same cache as movie stars. 

I wonder what cache (if any) streaming stars have?  :huh:

Excellent question.  It seems to me that streaming stars (as in Netflix, not YouTube) have more star power than regular TV stars, but still below movie stars??

I think it mostly depends on the "prestige" (and ratings) of the shows in question. There's a lot on Netflix that is below the radar ....

I think that it’s hard to delineate actors by format these days because there really aren’t too many strictly television stars or strictly movie stars or strictly streaming stars. A lot of movie stars now do both television and streaming, and many television and streaming stars also have significant roles in films. The stigma of doing television isn’t there anymore because TV (including streaming) is in its Golden Age and often better than a lot of the stuff being released for movie theaters. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 10:21 AM, Hoyaheel said:

Do not love her ring https://pagesix.com/2019/07/22/scarlett-johansson-debuts-11-carat-engagement-ring-from-colin-jost/

Yellow is my least favorite color. I don't love diamonds (though as I get older, they're growing on me). I'm all for non-traditional but this is just not at all my style....

That ring is FUG.  I love yellow diamonds but the setting and shape... non non non.  However, I guess when you've already been given a honking round colorless diamond engagement ring (ryan reynolds) and you've already been given a multistone vintage- inspired colorless diamond engagement ring (Romain the surly Frenchie), you are now ready for something modern and colored.  *shrug*

• Like 1