Sign in to follow this  
branchop

Leaving Neverland

Anyone else watched this?   I was haunted by it.  More by Jimmy than Wade.   

I have not seen the interview with Oprah, but plan on watching it soon.

Where does everyone fall?  Team Michael or Team boys? No judgment - promise. 

I understand both sides, but I have no doubt that Michael was a sexual predator. 

I watched it - found it very disturbing. I find them both incredibly believable. Wade seemed devoid of emotion -- until he talked about his son and the images he would see of his son in the same position he was once in. Then you can tell the devastating effect this has had on him. Poor James seems truly destroyed. Wade's mother is just.....wow.

I don't understand how some fans are really going nuts for MJ. Yes, he created great music. That's undeniable. But it's clear he was a sexual predator, too. The two are not mutually exclusive. You could just take a tour of Neverland with all of those secret bedrooms and see that something was really, really wrong there. And it's not unbelievable that his victims would not feel comfortable coming forward while he was still alive. I don't think I could have, knowing what happened to those who did.

I read an interview (not the Oprah one) that followed up with Wade and James after the documentary, and I was struck by something they each said. They just said how inescapable MJ is. Like, Wade's son (I think it was Wade's son...maybe James' son) came home one day and was like, "look at what I just learned!" And it was the moonwalk. And he didn't want his kid to be affected by it, so he just had to act normal. Or they'll be out somewhere, and a song will come on. He's just everywhere they go. How awful.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I could watch it but I've always believed he sexually abused the children in his life. I imagine he was abused as well - doesn't make it right, makes it much sadder and a little more understandable.

Pete Davidson on SNL Weekend Update was pretty funny/spot on talking about this on Saturday - mainly about R Kelly but Michael Jackson as well. 

I am watching the Oprah interview now.   She is excellent.   It really brings everything into focus.

When Michael Jackson died, even knowing the previous allegations, I played his music all day.   Remembered how amazing his music was.  I watched his movie documentary This is It and loved it.

Now, I cannot ever listen again.  I am not sure why now is different for me.   But it is.

As you all may remember I have three daughters, and I coach cheer.   Since the Rihanna incident, I have told my daughters and athletes Chris Brown songs are not allowed to be played in my presence.   When doing comp music for my squads, I made specific instructions no Chris Brown.   I feel the exact way about MJ now.  

I have watched hundreds of cheer routines.   So many had his music, some were a complete tribute to him.   I don’t think this will ever happen again.   

I do think MJ will go down like Spacey and Cosby.  Quite honestly, I don’t think Weinstein will be as affected.  Simply because it is too much work to consciously avoid him.  You have to look at the credits or production company.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've only watched the first half and I was deeply, deeply disturbed by it. I plan on watching part 2, I just haven't had the time. I 100% believe that he molested those men when they were boys and I don't know how anyone who has watched the documentary can think otherwise. I was clearly in denial about the issue, and not knowing the details really let me detach from them. Saying that someone is a sexual predator is no where near as powerful as hear the victim tell their story. I can never listen to his music again. After the first hour I deleted all of his music from my phone and computer including the Jackson 5 songs I had. 

Ok, so this is a recent Blind Item from Enty. The bits in red are "answers" supplied by AGC (a link to all their March blind items and answers can be found here).

Do we really believe Mac will ever speak against MJ? Do we believe Paris will ever speak against her family? I have my doubts.

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 03/13**#14**
He's Doing It: This former A+ list child actor has decided once and for all to go public with his story of being molested by the A++ lister. He was convinced of it when his pseudo relative told him the whole family always knew what was going on and would cover for him and that the pseudo relative should never say anything to anyone. The thing is though, the pseudo relative was molested and raped by one of the relatives who told her to keep quiet. Since that happened, she has been in and out of rehab and attempted suicide multiple times. She wants not only the A++ lister exposed but also all of the other family members who covered it up and did their own molesting.
Former A+ list child actor: Macaulay Culkin (Paris Jackson Wishes Her Godfather Macaulay Culkin a Happy Birthday)
A++ lister: Michael Jackson (
Everything Macaulay Culkin Has Said About the Allegations About Michael Jackson)
Pseudo relative: Paris Jackson (
Paris Jackson reveals multiple suicide attempts)
Rapist: (
BLIND ITEM "The Uncle")

I do not think Mac will come out.   He seems to be in such a chill place.  His AMA Reddits are funny and charming.   I hope that he is a peace with his part of MJ’s history and does not want to unearth it again.

I am also not 100% sure he was molested. MJ was such a conniving bastard, it would not shock me if he treated Mac differently to give MJ credibility. 

I would not be surprised if other Jackson brothers were also molesters.  I have no doubt MJ and his siblings were sexually abused as children, and their father sanctioned it (he totally gives me the creeps).   History has shown abused becomes abusers.

• Like 5

I’m not convinced Macaulay Culkin was molested either. His fame might have protected him. It gave him power, which his other victims did not have. Sexual predators are usually good at picking victims that are vulnerable and less likely to tell anyone. 

Edited by witchkitten
  • Like 3

Am I wrong for hating the fact that the Jackson family went running to TMZ of all sources to announce this?

Paris Jackson has been in a fragile state for years and this latest development, while extremely unfortunate, is far from surprising.  Let the young woman be.

• Like 4

Am I wrong for thinking it doesn’t have anything to do with her father’s name being dragged through the mud, but her realizing the sick sick family she is in - and sees herself in Wade and James?

#bitterpartyofone??‍♀️

The whole thing makes me sad.  

I haven't watched Leaving Neverland yet.  I have it downloaded but can't bring myself to get into that headspace.  Maybe on my day off.  

It is pretty rough watching. (Leaving Neverland). It infuriated me. I believe that what the men say happened to them, did happen. In my experience, those detailed descriptions described with such a flat affect indicate that they are telling the truth. I could always be wrong.

I am a foster mother, no kids of my own, but all of my kids on loan feel like I birthed them. I would never, never allow them to sleep in the same room, not to mention the same bed as a grown man. What the hell? I wouldn't allow my teenager to do it. I would question the intentions of a man who wanted slumber parties. But the parents were bribed. Plain and simple, they pimped out their kids. 

Poor Paris. She was raised in a household with so many secrets (remember how they had to wear masks or scarves over their faces?) It indicates that something was wrong in that family. Her grandfather Joe raped his daughters (allegedly) to the point that Mrs. Jackson (Katheryn?) slept on the floor outside their bedroom door. It was a very sick family.

I hope that Paris and her brothers get the help that they need. I am afraid we will lose her soon if something isn't done. Maybe they are keeping the secrets until after their mother/grandmother passes away. Maybe after that the truth can come out. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't think the truth will ever come out -- I think they are too steeped in denial and have been indoctrinated with the need for secrecy.

I don't think things bode well for poor Paris. Apparently she did not attend her older brother's graduation due to her drug use. (Well, that's one rumor either Enty or BG posted.) I feel bad for her.

• Sad 1