Sign in to follow this  
branchop

UCLA

My youngest daughter was accepted off the waitlist last week and after a last minute trip to see the campus over the weekend,  she has decided to go to UCLA!

Is it weird that I am asking my SoCal friends here  to be on standby? ?.   We have several friends of friends,  but my first thought was you all! - I mean I have known you all for 15 years?

We are over the moon excited for her and so proud her.  When you live in small town N.C. and dare to go out of state, much less across the country,  there is a lot of flack that comes with it.

We should probably start a poll: will she stay in CA after she graduates or come back?

Her goal is an orthopedic surgeon - so she may end up where she attends residency. 

• Like 4

Yeah, congrats to her!!  I'm in San Diego, but count me in as standby :D  I'm sure you can tell her all the places to celeb watch, after she's done studying of course!

• Like 1

Well, I'm back home in NC but CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter! I hope UCLA is everything she wants and has hoped for!!!

I went to the college I got in off the wait list and I think it was all the sweeter for that!

• Like 1

CONGRATULATIONS to her!!

(and CONGRATULATIONS to YOU as well! I'm sure the feeling is bittersweet, so accept my virtual hugs :GroupHug: )

• Like 1

Congratulations to your daughter. Be prepared for her to be a total wimp in the cold when she comes home for the fall and winter holidays. This is the thing my east coast friends have teased me about the most. Also, by the end of her four years her hair is liable to get several shades lighter (if she’s not blonde already) from either the sun, a salon, or both. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Congratulations! My oldest is also going away this year but staying a bit closer to home (3 hours), so I’m hopeful he will come back. 

• Like 3

Congratulations to you both! I'm in New York so I’m useless to you! 

• Like 2