Sign in to follow this  
princess

Remakes and more remakes...

Now they are doing a Four Weddings and a Funeral remake??  Seriously?  Can't anyone come up with an original script anymore?!?!  :censored:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, princess said:

Now they are doing a Four Weddings and a Funeral remake??  Seriously?  Can't anyone come up with an original script anymore?!?!  :censored:

Why? There is no reason to remake Four Weddings and a Funeral. It's not like the movie is missing something because it doesn't take place in modern times. Who is the audience for the remake supposed to be?

I've been reading all the hoopla over people freaking out that Halle Bailey has been cast in "The Little Mermaid" remake.  Little surprised by the casting choice, but whatever.  Ashamed to say it took me up until this week to realize they weren't talking about Halle Berry :D

My 17 year old Daughter who makes me go with her to visit “her Princess” Ariel EVERY DANG TIME we go to WDW - is excited.  She says she has a killer voice.   I think Halle’s face and eye shape match Ariel to a T. 

My 19 year old said if they can pull off a black Cinderella with an Asian Prince Charming whose dad is white and mom is black (my girls loved this movie!),   A black Ariel is not a stretch.  

Needless to say they are unimpressed with the arguments of those oppose to Halle.

I am more interested in Live Action underwater.   This will be fun to pull off.   

• Like 1

Chloe & Halle Bailey sang America the Beautiful at the start of Super Bowl 2019.  That should end any  questions about her voice. It is not surprising that Disney selected Halle.  She and her sister  are on "Grown-ish" the "black-ish" spinoff that airs on Disney's Freeform .    

• Like 1

We love grownish so that's how I knew Halle & Chloe. Apparently they are also "Beyonce Approved", so, you know..... ?

• Like 1

I was surprised no one was talking about age being an issue with Halle Berry being cast.  I mean, isn't Little Mermaid suppose to be a teenager?  Then I thought well maybe this isn't a remake but what happens after she and the prince get divorced.  :D  Only figured out I had the wrong actress when I finally saw a photo of Halle Bailey with the headline.  This is what happens when I only read the headline and skip over stories that don't interest me much ;)

• Haha 3

On 7/10/2019 at 9:55 AM, princess said:

I was surprised no one was talking about age being an issue with Halle Berry being cast.  I mean, isn't Little Mermaid suppose to be a teenager?  Then I thought well maybe this isn't a remake but what happens after she and the prince get divorced.  :D  Only figured out I had the wrong actress when I finally saw a photo of Halle Bailey with the headline.  This is what happens when I only read the headline and skip over stories that don't interest me much ;)

I don't know this Halle Berry from Adam, but from what I can see, the hoopla over her casting seems to be over the fact that she is black while cartoon Ariel is white.

I think its a ridiculous argument --  We are talking make believe -- the character could be polka dot for all it matters.

Having said that, it is interesting and I wonder if the that people are objecting to this are the same people who object to a white actor cast to play ethnic.

'Dirty Dancing' is getting a sequel

By Lisa Respers France, CNN

Updated 7:55 AM ET, Fri August 7, 2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/07/entertainment/dirty-dancing-sequel-trnd/index.html

...Grey is reportedly set to star in the sequel as well as executive produce it. Swayze died at age 57 in 2009 of pancreatic cancer.

WTF?!?!

• Confused 1

Ooh, they're doing a League of Their Own remake on a streamer (can't remember if it's Amazon or Netflix or other, but....) Will be episodic, not a movie, I think....

I must have blocked this from my memory, forgot they were doing another sequel.

Jennifer Grey will return for ‘Dirty Dancing’ sequel: ‘The next chapter’

https://nypost.com/2022/04/29/jennifer-grey-will-return-for-dirty-dancing-sequel/?_ga=2.142082097.2084700656.1651252910-299064593.1603393685