Sign in to follow this  
fykeylicious

Official 2020 Divorce Poll

Official 2020 Divorce Poll  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

https://www.laineygossip.com/celebrity-social-media-round-up-for-april-27-2020/66119

There’s a small group of people on Twitter (me included) who are continually puzzled by Kristin Cavallari’s mom blogger-#girlboss-lukewarm influencer energy, including how she’s managed to keep a reality TV show afloat for three season without a single storyline. Season four is looking up because, straight up off their much side-eyed quarantine-cation, she and Jay Cutler have announced their divorce. Lovingly, as they both put it. But I knew this would get messy in a hot second and it’s already starting: TMZ has the papers (apparently they’ve already been filed) and Kristin and Jay listed different dates of separation. There’s also the accusation of “marital misconduct.” What happened in the Bahamas? There’s so little deep celebrity gossip happening right now, the fact that they chose to announce and file makes me think they knew all eyes would be on them and they don’t necessarily mind. 

• Like 1

I remember back in the day there were a few BIs about a pregnant celeb still doing coke? There were two, I think, at an event doing it together? IIRC, one was thought to be Cavallari and the other was thought to be Rachel Zoe. They would have both been pregnant together in late 2013, I think, or maybe I'm blending blinds. 

But I definitely remember reading a lot of shady stuff about KC for awhile, so let's see what dirt comes out. 

• Like 1

I am sure this one will be plenty messy once all of the dirt shakes free but I am not reading anything in to the "marital misconduct" just yet.  The cause for divorce is defined by law and that may have been the most appropriate option available in whatever jurisdiction they filed. 

As an example, Renee Zellweger's grounds for divorce from Kenny Chesney was fraud.  We're still no closer to knowing exactly what that means all these years later (nor do we really need to) but I'd bet it's probably not nearly as scandalous as the word implies.

• Like 1

[I mean, yeah, sure, I respect their privacy, yadda yadda yadda. But I follow celeb gossip for a reason. I'm nosy as hell!!!!]

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Hoyaheel said:

The two divorces I *still* want the dirt on? Zellwegger & Chesney, and Bradley Cooper/Jennifer Esposito.....

I second Kenny's break up.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly (just an hour east of where he was born)

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 04/29 **7**
The idea was for this former A list mostly television actress from a long running, now defunct network comedy to take a break from acting and have kids with her husband. Well, first came a new show and now a new movie which she specifically signed on for to get her away from her husband for many months. This marriage is now my odds on favorite for corona divorce.

1 hour ago, princess said:

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 04/29 **7**
The idea was for this former A list mostly television actress from a long running, now defunct network comedy to take a break from acting and have kids with her husband. Well, first came a new show and now a new movie which she specifically signed on for to get her away from her husband for many months. This marriage is now my odds on favorite for corona divorce.

Caley Cuoco.....[not sure if she was alist though.....Show was!, for network] She's in the Suicide whatever animated show that started right after Big Bang. Not sure about a movie though.

least surprising divorce ever after the whole open marriage stuff from last year. 

Silicon Valley's Thomas Middleditch Splits from Wife Mollie Gates After Four Years of Marriage
Silicon Valley's Thomas Middleditch Splits from Wife Mollie Gates After Four Years of Marriage

Thomas Middleditch and wife Mollie Gates are getting a divorce after four years of marriage.

People has obtained court documents filed by Mollie on May 28. She filed for divorce and listed their date of separation as May 22. 

Mollie, who listed the reason for separation as irreconcilable differences, has asked for spousal support. The couple did not have any children. 

“They still care deeply for each other and will move forward as friends,” a source told the outlet about the split.

Last year, Thomas got very open about his marriage in an interview and said that he and Mollie saved their marriage by becoming swingers. He later said he regretted what he said.

“To be honest, it’s a thing I wish I could take back. It was poor execution. But I’ve learned to keep things a little more close to the chest,” he said on The Daily Beast‘s podcast last month. “It was a painful [learning experience], to be honest.”

• Like 1

In other non surprising news...

Julianne Hough and Brooks Laich Separate | PEOPLE.com

Julianne Hough and Brooks Laich are separating after almost three years of marriage, they confirm in an exclusive statement to PEOPLE.

"We have lovingly and carefully taken the time we have needed to arrive at our decision to separate," they say in their joint statement. "We share an abundance of love and respect for one another and will continue to lead with our hearts from that place. We kindly request your compassion and respect for our privacy moving forward."

The split comes as the stars have been social distancing separately during the coronavirus outbreak, with Laich in Idaho and Hough home in Los Angeles.

"It's over, it's been over for a while, and it's time to just call it what it is — and it is over," says one source with knowledge of the situation. "There is honestly no ill will. He loves her. She loves him. I can truly say they always will. But they both understand they are not meant to go through their lives as husband and wife to each other."

According to the source, Hough, who revealed last year that she is "not straight," is a "deeply different person than she was when they got married."

"She is proud of those differences and changes she's made and she doesn't want to go back," the source says. "He is the man he is and he shouldn't change a thing. But they shouldn't spend the rest of their lives together — not as spouses, anyway."

"They are both on the same page about that now," the source adds. "It took them a while to get here, but now they both understand that and they are hoping to move forward as deeply loving friends forever who will always be supportive and encouraging of one another."

According to the source, the fact that Hough and Laich were "perfectly happy and fine being apart" during the pandemic made them realize it was time to part ways.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dixiedoodah said:
least surprising divorce ever after the whole open marriage stuff from last year. 

Thomas Middleditch and wife Mollie Gates are getting a divorce after four years of marriage.

People has obtained court documents filed by Mollie on May 28. She filed for divorce and listed their date of separation as May 22. 

Mollie, who listed the reason for separation as irreconcilable differences, has asked for spousal support. The couple did not have any children. 

“They still care deeply for each other and will move forward as friends,” a source told the outlet about the split.

Last year, Thomas got very open about his marriage in an interview and said that he and Mollie saved their marriage by becoming swingers. He later said he regretted what he said.

“To be honest, it’s a thing I wish I could take back. It was poor execution. But I’ve learned to keep things a little more close to the chest,” he said on The Daily Beast‘s podcast last month. “It was a painful [learning experience], to be honest.”

Yeah, if I’m remembering rightly even at the time it basically came across as, she didn’t want to open up the marriage but felt like she had to, if she wanted to stay with him. 

Just came here to post about Middleditch too - not that I know or follow him, but a celeb announcing an open marriage is as much a death knell to the relationship as a vow renewal ?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Just came here to post about Middleditch too - not that I know or follow him, but a celeb announcing an open marriage is as much a death knell to the relationship as a vow renewal ?

Or a commemorative tattoo.  :)

• Haha 2

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West ‘Are on Different Pages’ During Quarantine

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kim-kardashian-and-kanye-west-are-on-different-pages-during-quarantine/?utm_source=email&em_hash=5d989d9ecd736b8131c14072926e952e

I'm still shocked this marriage lasted this long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The newest couple to remove their rings is country music's Carly Pearce and Michael Ray.

https://people.com/country/carly-pearce-michael-ray-divorce-exclusive/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=5ef11fe99f23d60001ac90bd

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. The only song that came to my mind when I read about them is this one.

I think I'll put this right here :)

Dennis Quaid Secretly Marries His ‘Stunning Bride’ Laura Savoie After 1 Year Together

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/dennis-quaid-secretly-marries-laura-savoie-after-1-year-together/?utm_source=email&em_hash=5d989d9ecd736b8131c14072926e952e

• Like 1