Sign in to follow this  
fykeylicious

Official 2020 Divorce Poll

Official 2020 Divorce Poll  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, if someone is very private but is scheduled to be at an event, yeah. But as noted (in Lainey and other places) you don't have to do it on stage - THAT is very much a choice.

• Like 1

These weren't divorce papers.   Jason and Olivia never married.

I'm just spitballing here, but I do wonder whether Olivia has been evading this for a while which forced the issue of serving her at a place of work.  I also wonder whether she would have been ushered offstage and straight to a limo or something else that would have made it difficult to be a bit more discreet in the moment.   I have no dog in this hunt whatsoever, but the bottom line is that the process server has a deadline driven job to do.

6 hours ago, James Otto Sweet Heart said:

^^^ Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but are divorce papers ever sent in the mail or is being given them personally the only way that they are distributed? 

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Legal papers (divorce or otherwise) often need to be formally served to the other party by a 3rd party.  You can send via US Mail (3rd party requirement filled) and have the person sign for it (Certified Mail), but if they are dodging the paperwork they simply refuse to sign for it.  That's when you get someone to serve the papers in person by handing directly to them (use a professional service, not just your friend). 

I had an ex boyfriend stalker that I needed to have served restraining order.  I tried via US mail, but he kept refusing the mail so I got a server.  Then he wouldn't answer the door of his home to get the papers, and then I found out he was using his employer to run my credit & check up on me.  When I called the employer they didn't believe me.  So I told the server to do it at his work, and make sure a ton of people saw it.  That finally worked.  And I mailed his employer a copy of the final restraining order after and said if they run my credit again they would be hearing from my lawyer.  Fuckers, still pisses me off and it's been 25 years.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Maxiemom said:

These weren't divorce papers.   Jason and Olivia never married.

I'm just spitballing here, but I do wonder whether Olivia has been evading this for a while which forced the issue of serving her at a place of work. 

It's just so weird to me bc they really seemed pretty amicable in the split. She & the kids were in England when he was filming Ted Lasso (both S1 & S2 I think) and he thanked her and the kids in his Emmy (?) acceptance speech. Appearances can be deceiving and no one outside knows what really happens in a relationship.

Speaking of, Princess, I'm so sorry that happened to you and I would have tried to do the same thing! Look up my credit fraudulently and bad mouth me? Oh honey, there will be consequences.....

4 hours ago, princess said:

Legal papers (divorce or otherwise) often need to be formally served to the other party by a 3rd party.  You can send via US Mail (3rd party requirement filled) and have the person sign for it (Certified Mail), but if they are dodging the paperwork they simply refuse to sign for it.  That's when you get someone to serve the papers in person by handing directly to them (use a professional service, not just your friend). 

I had an ex boyfriend stalker that I needed to have served restraining order.  I tried via US mail, but he kept refusing the mail so I got a server.  Then he wouldn't answer the door of his home to get the papers, and then I found out he was using his employer to run my credit & check up on me.  When I called the employer they didn't believe me.  So I told the server to do it at his work, and make sure a ton of people saw it.  That finally worked.  And I mailed his employer a copy of the final restraining order after and said if they run my credit again they would be hearing from my lawyer.  Fuckers, still pisses me off and it's been 25 years.

Thank you. I pray that things are way better for you now compared to all of them years ago.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I think things are at least a little better than they were back then.  Not so hush-hush about stalking.  I remember people saying how embarrassing it must be for me, and my response was always the same "What do I have to be embarrassed about?  It's his shame."   Maybe that's why I like Michelle Pfeiffer/Betty Ford so much about seeing a shrink in the Showtime First Lady show, having problems does not make you less of a person ;)  It was awful, he threw a brick through my brand new car, was faxing lewd stuff to my office, lying to everyone about what was happening like I was the crazy one, the works. 

I did luck out, after my neighbor figured out what was going on she came to my door and told me a secret - she was a cop in the stalking department of Coronado Island.  She walked me thru exactly what to do, how to document everything, safety stuff, etc.  She was awesome, helped me throughout the process.  I've shared her advice with others over the years, she was such a big help.  But I get why she didn't tell most people she was a cop where she lived.  And she never said a word about the fact that I would go onto my back patio and smoke a joint a few times a month :D

• Like 3

Dan Aykroyd and Donna Dixon Separate After 39 Years, Remain Legally Married: 'Loving Friendship'

By Glenn Garner April 29, 2022 08:32 PM

Dan Aykroyd and Donna Dixon are going their separate ways.

The Emmy Award winner, 69, and his wife of nearly 40 years announced their separation Friday exclusively to PEOPLE, although they continue to be legally married and share a "loving friendship."

"After 39 years as a couple we are now on separate life paths. We remain legally married, co-parents, co-workers and business partners," the pair tells PEOPLE in a joint statement. 

"This is our choice in loving friendship." 

I guess this is Megan Fox? Can’t think of anyone else at the moment but I feel like maybe I’m missing something obvious? Honestly, the ones who go hardest on proving how in love they are are always the least surprising breakups. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 8:41 AM, dixiedoodah said:

Honestly, the ones who go hardest on proving how in love they are are always the least surprising breakups. 

Totally agree.

Oh man I missed Dan Akroyd & Donna Dixon split 😞 Staying legally married like Shriver/Schwarzenegger - wonder if it's all financial? For Shriver, could be Catholicism (she is REALLY traditional in a lot of ways so I could see that)....

Watching Access Hollywood and they are going heavy on the speculation about Tom Brady and Gisele getting divorced. They are being careful about hedging but discussing lawyers and accountants. There has been a LOT of smoke about them since the unretirement.

Anne Hathaway

Paltrow

Jennifer Lawrence

I can’t think of who else is married but I also don’t watch a lot of superhero movies so I don’t know…

Hell, I just watched Dame Helen Mirren on Kelly Clarkson - she's a goddess in the new Shazam movie 🙂

Scarlet Johanssen, Cobie Smulders, Gal Godot

(I don't know DC very well, can't remember back to the XMen movies.....)

15 hours ago, Wordsworth said:

I think I missed that “superhero movies” implies for than 1, in which case not Cate. 

I don't trust Fakey's poor writing enough to think that matters 🤔