Sign in to follow this  
dixiedoodah

Oscars 2020

I need To see Ford V Ferrari (tomorrow) and the two Netflix ones.

I like the variety this year!

I don't think I've seen any (not uncommon for me - I dont like heavy dramas and we don't see movies in theaters so we have to wait...) Will be on vacation/working husband's trade show so not sure if we'll watch the ceremony....

https://www.nbcwashington.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/2020-oscars-red-carpet-fashion/2213405/

A few random comments, with the caveat that I spend 99.99% of my life in jeans or sweats as I work at home, so grain of salt...

Something about this set, lighting or angle or something, makes these some of the most unflattering photos I’ve seen of these otherwise attractive people.

Bree Larson’s toe? Bad choice of shoes.

Is that Adam Drivers wife? I love her dress. Also i love Regina King and Margot Robbie

Kristen Wiig looks like the roller in my vacuum cleaner 

Janelle Monae I’m not sure if very many people could carry off that dress without looking like they speak Elvish, but I think she could wear a paper bag and look amazing

I can’t decide if I love or hate Caitriona Balfe’s outfit

I desperately wanted to trim or brush Brad Pitts hair in the back

The kids from JoJo Rabbit are so adorable.

For the record, unpopular opinion,  I HATED Judy and disliked Renée in it. 

I lost our family Oscar pool for the first time this year. For whatever reason I found this one hard to call.

• Like 1

I felt like I wasted my time watching the Oscars..

‘It was boring and Eminem’s performance made matters worst.

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 02/10 **20**
OSCARS: This permanent A list mostly movie actress from multiple movie franchises was looking for blood after she presented. There was a line added to her speech which had not been there at rehearsal and she was livid because she wouldn't have agreed to it if she saw it beforehand.

Has to be Sigourney Weaver- that "all women are superheroes" line made even me roll my eyes :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Popbitch

>> Lifting spirits <<

How to treat your runners

It can be a tough life being a runner in TV. Constantly on-hand, made to do grunt work, occasionally getting tangled in national tabloid scandals, etc – but it isn't without the odd perk here and there.

For instance, one runner working on Sky's coverage of the Academy Awards last weekend found himself in a lift at the Roosevelt Hotel shortly after the ceremony, sharing it with none other than Renee Zellweger and her new friend, Oscar.

When the doors closed, Renee offered him the award to hold and suggested that the two of them take a picture together.

Bless.

• Like 1

Watched Parasite at a local movie theater over the weekend.  Totally deserved the wins it got at Oscars.

• Like 1