Sign in to follow this  
princess

Coronavirus

There is a bright side - my appointment next week to get a cavity filled has been cancelled!

The Scottish health board have said procedures using compressed air should be stopped. 

A five year child in Howard County, MD has the disease and a DC elementary school student has been diagnosed with COVID-19.   Watch your children people. 

A friend of a friend has died of Coronavirus in Arizona (actually several family members also had it, but only one fatality). She had underlying health conditions but would not have died had it not been for corona. My friend says the death stats in AZ have not changed since her death because they reported it as being from the underlying condition, not Coronavirus. She’s worried this is much worse and being dramatically underreported because of this. I know this happens a lot because my grandmother died of the flu two years ago. Was perfectly healthy prior to getting the flu. Her death was reported as something like respiratory failure (I honestly don’t remember at the moment) not influenza. 

• Sad 4

Well, state of California officially on lock down.  I'm working from home but drove to my boss' home this morning to pick up some stuff (keeping 6 feet apart).  Drove up the coast and saw some people on the beach stretching their legs, but everyone does seem to be following social distancing. 

Today is kid’s 19th birthday. He is not at college celebrating with friends, he is trapped in the house with his little sister. He’s mostly being a good sport but some quarantine days are harder than others!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Two Things. Sorry for the font (three). First, i just heard on the news that Rand Paul tested positive for Coronavirus and afterwards worked out in  the Senate gym against protocol. You know, the gym where a majority of his coworkers are in the high risk category. Beginning to be easier and easier to understand his neighbor. Second...

Jailed Harvey Weinstein Tests Positive for Coronavirus: Report

Disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein has tested positive for the coronavirus while in prison for rape and sexual assault, a local newspaper reported.

Weinstein, 68, is now in isolation at Wende Correctional Facility in western New York, state prison officials told CNHI newspapers on Sunday.

He was sentenced earlier this month to 23 years in prison for sexually assaulting former Project Runway production assistant Miriam Haleyi and raping former actress Jessica Mann.

Weinstein is one of two inmates in the maximum-security prison in Erie County who have tested positive, the officials said. A New York State Department of Corrections spokesperson confirmed to The Daily Beast two inmates at Wende Correctional Facility have contracted COVID-19 but did not name the two individuals.

Juda Engelmayer, Weinstein’s spokesperson, told The Daily Beast on Sunday that “our team... has not heard anything like that yet.” Engelmayer also could not confirm if the Pulp Fiction producer was currently in isolation. His attorney, Arthur Aidala, said he was also unaware of any diagnosis.

Throughout his four-week trial in Manhattan, prosecutors argued Weinstein abused his power in the entertainment industry and preyed on dozens of women for more than three decades with the promise to kickstart their careers in exchange for sex acts. 

Jurors heard from six of Weinstein’s accusers during the trial—with most of them claiming the Oscar-winner lured them into isolated places to discuss their futures in the entertainment industry before sexually assaulting them. 

He was convicted in February of two counts against him, but cleared of first-degree rape and the most serious charge against him, predatory sexual assault—which carried a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Immediately after the verdict, he was transported to New York’s Bellevue Hospital instead of the Rikers Island jail complex after experiencing high blood pressure and heart palpitations. 

Before his March 11 sentencing, the 68-year-old—who had a failed back surgery just before his trial—had a stent placed for a blockage.

Hours after he learned his fate, Weinstein was again brought to the hospital instead of prison with chest pain complaints. He eventually ended up at Rikers, where 21 inmates have tested positive for COVID-19, before being transferred to the intake center at Wende on Wednesday. 

The movie mogul was set to remain at Wende for up to eight weeks as officials determined which long-term prison meets his “security, medical, mental health and other needs,” according to general prison guidelines.

Paul’s spokesperson says he went to the Hill after he took the test but before he got the results. Still against protocol.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, fykeylicious said:

I woke up with a sore throat so it's all I can do not to go off the deep end. ?

I hear ya, fykey.  Spring pollen season has been a real mind f*ck for me this year.

Your masked smiley face is a nice touch.

• Like 2

So, the otolaryngologists are saying to be aware of a sudden loss of smell or taste as that seems to be an early warning sign of having the disease. So I wanna cook with garlic & bacon every day to make sure I can still smell!!!!

Fykey - hope you're ok!!

Yes, allergies a mess this year....

• Like 2

Allergies have been freaking me out too.  On the plus side yesterday I sat out on my front porch with a book and read for hours in the sunshine, something I haven't done in years.  Waved to my neighbors from their porches.  Getting more phone calls from friends to chat rather than quick text messages.  Loving some of the memes that are on social media.

90242737_10218546832555485_7306837915756134400_n.jpg

90104760_10218664361053064_2791316442719453184_n.jpg

90298359_10218580924887772_2796514757601918976_n.jpg

90060902_10218075412780725_6319428722566889472_n.jpg

• Haha 2

I have a "Coronavirus" folder on my computer - half of it is stuff for work, and half is funny comic strips and memes I see on twitter :-) I've seen a few memes using the floorplans - very cute!

• Like 1

They just shut down all schools in VA through the end of the year. My 10th grader is excited even though there will be online school. I feel sorry for the seniors though.

• Like 1

Now have a dry cough in addition to sore throat. Definitely not allergies - I'm an allergy pro. Kinda getting a little nervous. For now I still have my sense of smell and taste, and, although my temperature is fluctuating quite a bit, it hasn't hit the fever threshold, so I guess I'll just keep on keeping on

• Sad 4

Can you call your doctor and ask about testing? Supposedly it’s more readily available. I know bad cases get bad quickly. Please at least ask. 

I just went through the symptom checker via the CDC and it was basically like 'welp you have some of the symptoms but there's nothing we can do so just keep monitoring yourself' which isn't exactly helpful 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, fykeylicious said:

Now have a dry cough in addition to sore throat. Definitely not allergies - I'm an allergy pro. Kinda getting a little nervous. For now I still have my sense of smell and taste, and, although my temperature is fluctuating quite a bit, it hasn't hit the fever threshold, so I guess I'll just keep on keeping on

We are thinking about you fykey, no matter what you have rest up and drink lots of fluids. 

Someone asked about how some kids with financial difficulties may not be able to access online services.  My friend works for one of the big cell phone companies, they got in a big order from one state ordering tablets with cell service that they will distribute to low income households for schooling purposes.  They expect another state to submit the same type of order soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fykeylicious said:

Rest up and fingers crossed you feel better soon.

5 hours ago, fykeylicious said:

I don't have a fever, so I don't think a test will be available for me unless or until that happens.

Take care of yourself. I hope it doesn’t get any worse than it is. 

Oh, @fykeylicious, I hope whatever it is, you feel better soon and it doesn't worsen!

I think all school districts are dealing with students who do not have access (internet and/or devices) to do online schooling. Those same kids are probably the ones whose parents don't have paid leave and/or are "essential" workers and not able to help with homeschooling. I think this semester will be an asterisk forever after in EVERYONE'S transcript. I have faith it will turn out ok - testing is suspended already for many, we'll make it up in the fall or next year or....

• Like 2