Sign in to follow this  
princess

Coronavirus

Feeling okay so far -- cough is definitely worse though. I woke up feeling mildly better (sore throat and cough still present, but no fever, and the general achiness had vanished), but at about 8 AM an awful headache knocked me sideways and made me so nauseated I immediately took two Tylenol. This was the first time I'd taken any medicine at all.

Once the Tylenol kicked in, all symptoms disappeared save for the cough, which is definitely not nice. It's a dry cough and often when I inhale I just can't NOT cough. Like there's an itch in the throat and you just have to cough, I can't really explain it. I'm running a humidifier and I have a big fish tank in the room here, so the air isn't dry. 

That being said, still no fever and still have my sense of taste and smell. And I'm not short of breath and the tightness in my chest is gone. Headache gone, but that's probably thanks to the Tylenol. The cough is stubbornly persistent, though.

The good news is that I've actually been able to get off the sofa today and get some things done -- nothing too crazy, mind you -- but all least it feels good to be somewhat active. The past two days have seen me unable to get off the sofa so I'm thankful to move around a bit.

Thank you everyone for checking in :) 

Edited by fykeylicious
  • Like 4

Glad to hear it.  A friend of mine wasn't tested because she didn't have fever, but she had the rest you describe.  She said the headaches were the worst part, the coughing didn't help the headache either.  Glad you've been able to move about a bit today, even the small victories I'm sure feel great!

Hey everybody. So far today it's 10:30 AM my time and no symptoms except for this darn cough. (I've been up since 5 and slept well, and the cough didn't wake me in the night.)

Thankful the headache, sore throat, and general sense of exhaustion are gone (although not ruling out an afternoon nap if it creeps back in). Wish people with mild cases were able to get tested b/c I'd love to know if I have it or just a cold. 

However, Day 5 is generally when cases turn south for people (if they go south at all...). I'm not too worried about that happening, since I haven't had it bad thus far, but tomorrow is my Day 5, so if I am ok after that I will cough I mean breathe a sigh of relief. ?

Hope all of you are hanging in there!!

• Like 5

I’ve heard from people that day 4 is the absolute worst if you don’t completely tank, so hopefully either way you are out of the woods after today. Glad you are feeling a little better. 

• Like 2

Morning, everybody -

Just read an interesting article out of Ohio that was notable to me for the fact that it says

According to Ohio Department of Health Director Dr. Amy Acton, patients who contract the COVID-19 coronavirus are showing new symptoms.

Acton said some of the data, particularly out of Cuyahoga County, show patients exhibiting GI upset, more fatigue, and sometimes not showing a fever, in addition to the previous flu-like symptoms.

Woke up with another splitting headache, so that sucks. Still have this @#$%^& cough. Energy levels continue to be realllll low. On the positive side, sore throat and achiness have gone. In the absence of a fever, I was telling myself I was being dramatic about a cold, but now after reading this article I swear I have it. Thankful that it seems like, at this point in the week, I no longer need to worry about taking a bad turn for the worse, and if bad headaches and a crappy cough will be my lot for another week, then I am grateful that's the worst I'll face.

Meanwhile my area is bragging about its low numbers despite refusing testing to all but the slimmest margin of people, so people like me who might have it will never know. Very frustrating.

Princess, I hope your friend who is experiencing similar symptoms is doing well, and I hope ALL CHITCHATTERS continue in good health. And hey, 2020 can only get better -- right?? RIGHT??? :alien_dance:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, fykeylicious said:

Princess, I hope your friend who is experiencing similar symptoms is doing well, and I hope ALL CHITCHATTERS continue in good health. And hey, 2020 can only get better -- right?? RIGHT??? :alien_dance:

RIGHT! (please, please, please)

Video chatted with my friend yesterday, she is much better.  Still has the cough but she said feeling like her old self again.  She even did a little dance in her backyard to show her energy level was up lol.  Interesting about the lack of fever.  We all know the numbers are vastly under reported, and thus the symptoms are going to be under reported as well.   Here's hoping it doesn't mutate!!

• Like 2

Fykey, you might not have it. There is apparently another virus that’s spreading around the country that is very similar to COVID-19 and is not the flu and not COVID-19. My older daughter came down with a bad cough (the worst she’s ever had and she had a terrible cough with Flu A last month) and a runny nose the week before school closed (I kept her home, of course). Her younger sister got it the following week and I got it a few days after my younger daughter. Not only did I have a bad cough but I had a sore throat, mild nasal symptoms, shortness of breath and lot of pressure in my chest. My younger daughter had a fever for two days but neither my older daughter nor I developed one. I was still sure it was COVID-19.

I tried to get my younger daughter tested and I believe in other states she would have qualified but California is, for some reason, experiencing a worse test shortage than other states with a lot of cases and resources. I was 90% sure it was COVID-19 until I talked to a parent from my older daughter’s class yesterday who said her daughter had the same cough and it had been going around my daughter’s class. Like our family, it had spread to her classmate’s entire family as well. The mother was by some miracle able to be tested (after failing to get her children and husband tested) and she was negative for both flu and COVID-19. I’m now 99% sure we don’t/didn’t have it either, which is surprising because our symptoms were like many other people who did test positive for coronavirus.

I was also listening to The Argument, a podcast from the NYT, and one of the hosts describes having had a virus that sounds exactly like the one we had, and it spread to his entire family as well. He was tested for COVID-19 and the test was negative as well. He believes the test was wrong (and wrong for his neighbor who also tested negative and had a lot of the symptoms) but I believe he had whatever virus we have so it’s apparently on both coasts. If there is another similar virus going around it’s really going to make tracking this thing even harder without widespread testing. 

Edited by witchkitten
  • Like 1

Meanwhile COVID-19 is about to require most of the British government to isolate; BoJo the PM and our health secretary have been displayed symptoms and tested positive, so there will be more.

i am pleased it’s been publicly announced; we should be upfront about it. 

(now is the time for Scotland to rise and seize independence ?)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wordsworth said:

(now is the time for Scotland to rise and seize independence ?)

Ha ha!  ?

Did I ever tell you I was a highland dancer for about 15 years?  Even competed in Scotland, I got 3rd place in the sword dance at the Lonach Highland Games in the late 80's.  They were all impressed the girl from California placed in something ? Had to give up , my ankles and knees couldn't take it anymore.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, princess said:

Ha ha!  ?

Did I ever tell you I was a highland dancer for about 15 years?  Even competed in Scotland, I got 3rd place in the sword dance at the Lonach Highland Games in the late 80's.  They were all impressed the girl from California placed in something ? Had to give up , my ankles and knees couldn't take it anymore.

I did not know that! I had a friend who did a lot of competitions but I lack the coordination; I can put together a drunken Gay Gordons, Dashing White Sergeant or Strip the Willow at a wedding, but that’s as far as I go! 

Forbes clan.  I don't want to talk about clan Gordon ;)  I do consider myself Scottish from my Mom's side even though blood wise I don't actually have much.  Still go to the San Diego Highland Games every year.  I'm guessing that will be canceled this summer :(

• Sad 1

I pray so hard that country singer Joe Diffie doesn't go anywhere anytime soon.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/joe-diffie-covid-19-coronavirus-974464/?fbclid=IwAR0xPQZZSgtUP6W392A-2eUY2cu7LuWaDx1s0Jpa16oshVxRs_s6_rPlfIs

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. Sadly his awesome Music City News award show performance of "The Ships That Don't Come In" isn't at You Tube right now and so here is the official video clip for the song instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTQJy-scAU8

@witchkitten oh nooooo ... I was comforting myself with the thought that I had at least already been exposed and was now putting it behind me.

But just a good reminder that, no matter what, no one should become complacent and think "oh well I've had it so I can relax" etc.

• Like 2

I pray so hard that country singer Joe Diffie doesn't go anywhere anytime soon.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/joe-diffie-covid-19-coronavirus-974464/?fbclid=IwAR0xPQZZSgtUP6W392A-2eUY2cu7LuWaDx1s0Jpa16oshVxRs_s6_rPlfIs

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. Sadly his awesome Music City News award show performance of "The Ships That Don't Come In" isn't at You Tube right now and so here is the official video clip for the song instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTQJy-scAU8

16 hours ago, fykeylicious said:

@witchkitten oh nooooo ... I was comforting myself with the thought that I had at least already been exposed and was now putting it behind me.

But just a good reminder that, no matter what, no one should become complacent and think "oh well I've had it so I can relax" etc.

@fykeylicious I felt the same way. When I thought it was COVID-19 I was relieved that it had apparently gone through my family and we didn’t get it very bad. It’s a good thing I found out because I don’t think I would have been as vigilant with my social distancing after I was no longer contagious. This is one of the reasons why testing is so important. There are probably a bunch of people out there who have had it and don’t know it and are stressing needlessly about getting it, and some who are spreading it without knowing it too. Then there are a bunch of people who don’t have it but think we do who might have let our guard down when we shouldn’t. Without a positive test we just need to assume we don’t/didn’t have it. 

• Like 1

Sadly Joe went forward today from the sickness. Go here for the news. I got to meet him at my one and only CMA Music Festival in 2000 which was named Fan Fair at the time and again in 2007 when he came here to my area. A beautiful man Joe was. Sadly I am having a problem getting my favorite picture of me and him together up here and so in the mean time, here is one of his best songs in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RXlguTBey8

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. I pray that his 1992 Music City News award show performance of "The Ships That Don't Come In" is somewhere online again someday soon because it is awesome!!!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that, Holly. 

I know that large parts of the south are not taking this seriously. I wonder whether his type of event will help make them realize that not only is the virus real, but that it isn’t just big cities. Kind of like Hanks seemed to affect a lot of people earlier on.

NC stay at home rule goes statewide tomorrow at 5 pm. I'm glad we have a reasonable governor and cities/counties and other leaders who urged this step. I've been home for two weeks so no worries from me. Husband has an essential business (he owns rental houses) so he has been going to work in the mornings (he works alone, if he has to work on a rental house, he makes sure to work alone) And he has done the grocery shopping so far. I'm thinking about a Costco trip this week or next ...