Sign in to follow this  
princess

Coronavirus

I have to get my car inspected.  I'm already overdue (June 30) but we have a grace period. Going to wait outside even though it's summer I'm NC.....

Have to do some banking too. 

Fortunately I've given up on a pedicure or haircuts ?

Have friend who is a nurse and lives in Florida.  One of her co-workers got it, I'm getting the impression the co-worker did not follow procedures and a lot of people were pissed.  My friend and her husband got their test results back and confirmed COVID.  They knew earlier this week when they both lost their sense of smell and felt like they were hit by a bus.

We are only in the beginning of this pandemic. :(

• Sad 3

I'm not a nurse (I do research at an Institute that is in between a School of Medicine/Health System and a University so we have both) but I get all the emails that the hospital leadership sends out to its staff a few times a week. LOTS of "encouragement" to follow rules at work but also be a "good citizen" and a good representative of the hospital/university by wearing masks etc in public the rest of the time (I mean, our state has a mask rule now, but still....) The fact that the emails have to say this every time is sad. Also, half of the cases of COVID19 among healthcare workers come from co-workers (almost none from patient care, the rest from community spread)

August seems about right for the alien invasion. :alien_dance:

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 07/24 **12**
#1 - After his remarks several months ago, this former A+ list politician was forced to sign multiple documents telling him to keep his mouth quiet. He didn't, so yesterday's visit from the government was not as pleasant, and no one is paying attention to the correction anyway.

The Truth is Out There: New York Times Issues Major Correction on Harry Reid Statement About UFOs

https://www.mediaite.com/news/the-truth-is-out-there-new-york-times-issues-major-correction-on-harry-reid-statement-about-ufos/

By Rudy TakalaJul 24th, 2020, 4:10 pm

Science Magazine did an article which declared 536 the worst year to be alive. That year a volcano erupted and plunged Europe and Asia into darkness and triggered a mini Ice Age. All I could think was that I needed to add super volcano eruption to my 2020 disaster bingo card. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/11/why-536-was-worst-year-be-alive

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My four year old came down with a super stuffy nose last night accompanied by a cough last night. The cough went away in the morning so I suspect the cough was due to the post nasal drip running down her throat while she was lying down rather than anything in the lungs (yet). No fever last night or this morning. I’m getting her tested for COVID-19 today. Hoping it comes back negative. I miss the before times when these mild symptoms would be no big deal. 

Edited by witchkitten
Because by daughter is four not three.
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, witchkitten said:

My three year old came down with a super stuffy nose last night accompanied by a cough last night. The cough went away in the morning so I suspect the cough was due to the post nasal drip running down her throat while she was lying down rather than anything in the lungs (yet). No fever last night or this morning. I’m getting her tested for COVID-19 today. Hoping it comes back negative. I miss the before times when these mild symptoms would be no big deal. 

There’s something quite similar going round in the UK right now, after the kids went back to school and germs are circulating. I’ve had it and my cough was short and for the exact reason you suspect, so fingers crossed! 

• Like 2

3 of the people I know that have caught it all got it when they had to go to the hospital for something else.  One in North Dakota, two in Florida.  :(

My cousins (not sure exact relation) in northern California caught it when their grand kid's school was closed because someone tested positive at the school.  So they came to visit their grandparents while school was out. :o

• Sad 2

She spiked a fever this afternoon. I was hoping it was just a cold. She’s been back at preschool since July but until a couple weeks ago it was only five kids. They’re now up to 12 kids again. I can’t imagine she got whatever this is anywhere else because she doesn’t really socialize with anyone else. I’m really hoping it’s not COVID but the fever makes me more concerned It is. Regardless, I get everything that comes through here so I expect to come down with it in the next couples days. 

Edited by witchkitten
  • Like 3

Oh no!! Fingers crossed everyone just has normal pre-school kid germs!!

It's allergy season (again) here in NC. A couple weeks ago, I was very stuffed up, coughing etc - but also a little itchy eye so I was pretty sure it was allergies. But I'm totally paranoid!

• Like 1

My son officially fails Pandemic 101. I think I mentioned he had Covid at school a few months ago. he’s a college athlete so we actually had a checkup with a cardiologist today. So far so good. Well, today, I got a call from his doctor that the Mono test we had him take came back positive! He’s only been home just over a week and started showing signs on Friday, so he was probably sick before he left school. But still... if there is a contagion about, apparently my kid is going to get it. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If he has to have something contagious, dixiedoodah, I suppose mono is a pretty good place to land.

One of my direct reports has been out every day this week with various ailments ranging from fatigue to nausea.  I don't know if he's been tested (and really can't ask) but I'm fully expecting the COVID shoe to drop at any time.

i

• Sad 1

I know lots of people with COVID now, but none of them I have had any sort of contact with.  No one has landed in the hospital yet thankfully.  But it's really starting to spread here in San Diego.

I had mono in high school - had to spend a week or so in the infirmary - upside I got to watch the 1988 summer olympics 😉 I was watching when Greg Louganis hit his head on the diving board!! I'm glad I had mono - they were about to do a spinal tap because they thought I had meningitis! (clearly, 1988 - pre-meningitis vaccine!)

I hope everyone stays healthy! And if they do get sick - that it's not a bad case!

I second the hope that everyone stays healthy and that if any illness does occur, it's a mild case.

Direct report is still sick, but said (voluntarily and unsolicited) that he has tested negative to this point.  Hopefully that remains the case going forward for him and his family.

• Like 2

I got mono in my early 30's.  I didn't even get it the fun way.  They think I got from a dirty glass at a restaurant.  :shocked:  Took weeks of bed-rest before I was able to even go to work.  I would drive halfway there and pull over to nap.  Work kept telling me I didn't have to come in, but I was so stir crazy I insisted.  Took naps all over the office.  :P

• Sad 1

We are back in full lockdown in Scotland for at least 3 weeks, trying to stop the new faster transmitting strain that’s been identified in the UK. I was disappointed that we still had tourists travelling here over the festive season; our travel and quarantine procedures have just not been strong enough IMO. 

And we are not being hugely helped by the fact BoJo refuses to put England back into full lockdown again even though they’re way worse hit. He’s only locked down some bits but his trouble is, no one seems to trust him any more. 

• Sad 2

Pre registered in January.  Still waiting (estimated at 3 to 4 weeks) for an OK to attempt to schedule an appointment here in Maryland.  Do not believe that crap about people not wanting the vaccine,  remember how hard it was to get a test.  

• Like 1