Sign in to follow this  
princess

Live Concerts Post-COVID

Ticketmaster COVID Vaccination, Neg. Test Required When Concerts Return

11/11/2020 11:29 AM PT

TMZ

https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/11/ticketmaster-covid-19-coronavirus-vaccination-test-proof-concerts-pfizer/

Figuring out what to wear to a concert will take a backseat to your COVID-19 status when tours resume in 2021 -- Ticketmaster's laying down new regulations before you can get in your seat.

The ticket sales company is reportedly in the early stages of developing a plan that includes fans showing proof they've either been vaccinated, or have tested negative within a 24-72-hour window before gaining admission to a show.

Ticketmaster hasn't established a date for when it will stop the COVID-19 safety measure. It's also unclear if it will issue refunds to fans who test positive or refuse to get the vaccination.

The proposed plan was reported by Billboard, and comes on the heels of pharmaceutical giant Pfizer announcing its coronavirus vaccine showing a 90% efficacy rate. That's giving concert venues and artists hope the industry can mount a comeback.

Ticketmaster would work with third-party health apps and independent labs, and says data sent to them will be done so in a secure, encrypted way. Ticketmaster would NOT have access to concertgoers' medical records.

Welcome to the new normal.

I mean, the economy will not fully rebound for large crowd type venues until people feel safe. Enough people to sustain more than one off events as a statement maker. I doubt this will be the only similar plan. I sense lawsuits to follow, but they have to try to find a way to recover confidence. 

• Like 1

That's gonna suck for those of us who live rurally with few vaccine options and no rapid testing options.....(not that I go to concerts these days, BUT I have 2 seasons tickets worth of touring Broadway shows at our "local" - 30 miles away - performing arts center that I hope to be able to see some day.....)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

That's gonna suck for those of us who live rurally with few vaccine options and no rapid testing options.....(not that I go to concerts these days, BUT I have 2 seasons tickets worth of touring Broadway shows at our "local" - 30 miles away - performing arts center that I hope to be able to see some day.....)

I’m not going to live shows either and probably won’t until a vaccine becomes available but I do have tickets for My Fair Lady, which I was supposed to see last August and have now been pushed to November 2021. I’m so bummed about not being able to see it last summer. I have always wanted to see it on the stage. 

• Like 1

I have had so many reschedule emails, I have NO CLUE what's going on. I think right now the earliest potential start for one of the (10?) re-scheduled shows is Summer 2021. So we'll see if it goes and we'll see how I feel about it......I'm prepared to lose the 2 seasons of tickets (X2) as a COVID casualty if I have to. Like you - I want to *see* these shows, so that's not my preference, but.......

• Like 1

They were talking about the Ticketmaster article on the radio today.  Mentioned that Ticketmaster was hoping by the time live events start up again, they could have rapid testing right there at the concert.  You get test and get results before even going into the show (if you don't have proof of your vaccine with you).

Will be interesting to see how things roll out once the vaccine is available...

• Like 2