Sign in to follow this  
princess

And Just Like That… (Sex & The City reboot)

So it's been announced that Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon will come back for the reboot on HBO Max, but not Kim Cattrall.

So, I wonder if it will be any good without Kim and all this time that has passed?

• Like 1

My SATC moment has passed. I don't think I'm interested in them at 50. I felt shallow watching the last couple seasons (and the movies, oof). 

Just call me Samantha 😉

• Like 1

I still don't understand the marriage between SJP and Matthew Broderick bc I honestly think he's gay but also think they love each other. Maybe like John Travolta & Kelly Preston. BUT look at their 19 yr old son on the red carpet - he looks just like a blend of both of them!!! Her chin, his eyes? [also, Broderick looks happier to be there than he has in photos of past events he's attended for her, so that's good.....]

https://www.laineygossip.com/sarah-jessica-parkers-oscar-de-la-renta-cocktail-dress-and-just-like-that-premiere-perfect-for-occasion/69958

No spoilers:  Anyone else watch the show?  I saw first two episodes.  I was scrolling thru news headlines (not even entertainment stuff) and some dumb ass listed a big spoiler in the title, so I was pissed I knew before watching the episodes.  Still, I thought it was pretty good.  Few digs at Kim, but overall liked how they handled her not being in the show.

I have not yet watched. I'm really conflicted about whether or not I want to - I was an AVID SATC fan for a few years but now I'm not sure that was a good thing....Also reviews I've read - including the spoilers! - lead me to believe I might not actually enjoy this show very much......

I liked Roxane Gay's comment about how they handled Samantha - it was fundamentally NOT her personality and they handled it the exact wrong/opposite way. So, haven't seen the show yet, but believe that to be true and not sure I'd want to see that......

• Like 1

I've read the reviews and the spoilers and I know I won't enjoy it so I'm not going to be watching. I loved the original series but this sequel series doesn't interest me at all. 

• Like 1

A big worry I have is that, if ratings aren't good, the money men will blame it on the age of the women and not greenlight other - potentially MUCH BETTER shows. And not the fact that perhaps this is a franchise that didn't need to keep going because it was pretty shallow (and rich and white and.....I mean, they had some good topics in the original show, but I don't think it was changing lives or anything....) I WANT good tv shows about different kinds of people! I might not watch not because they allowed them to age. THAT might be the thing that gets me to watch!

• Like 1

three-clothes-mannequins-fashion.png

Place The Blame

December 30, 2021

[Blind Gossip]

This TV series used to be very popular for a good reason.

It was fun! The show was written as a comedy and the characters were basically likable. It was fun, fashionable, flirty escapism.

Years later, they tried to bring the show back with many of the original cast.

It’s definitely not fun anymore. In fact, it has turned into a dour, finger-wagging, depressing mess.

The reviews have been scathing and the once-loyal audience has been left scratching their heads over why the show has taken such a dark turn. Although a few fans are still hanging on hoping the show will get better, the ratings are sliding into non-pickup territory.

It’s a disaster. Of course, the producers don’t want to be blamed. The writers will never criticize themselves. The actors all think they are great and progressive. And no one would dare criticize the network lest they never work again.

So all of the people who would normally be blamed for a bad production will proclaim their innocence.

But the blame has to be put somewhere.

So they will be blaming some actors. No, not those who are on the show. They will blame those who are not on the show anymore!

Yep, it’s all their fault! If they had just been better actors, better team players, better people, the show’s popularity would be as high as ever!

Really?

Two actors in particular will be blamed. A third who left the show will escape criticism.

There’s a twist to this strategy, though!

They think the show could possibly be saved if [a cast member who left] would come back. They hate that solution but they are feeling desperate and it may be the only one left.

They will make one more overture to bring her back. If she declines, the bashing and blaming will resume.

Similar: The Financial Terrorist

Actors who will be blamed:

[Optional] What do you think of the show? How would you make it better?

So Cattrall never participated, Garson died, and Noth, well....

So who isn't being held responsible? Garson DIED. They think Cattrall would come back to this clusterfuk? WHY????

Yeah, Lainey had a piece on it today - saying she got paid, she didn't have to go to set, AND Patricia Field dressed her (and she is NOT costuming this series!). She also notes that SJP would have had to approve this decision, and she did because she's mature and it's what is best for the show. I didn't watch the first season, still not compelled to - the reviews weren't the best.... 

https://www.laineygossip.com/in-shocking-twist-kim-cattrall-will-appear-in-and-just-like-that-after-filming-on-her-terms/74173

• Like 2

I'm glad I watched this.  Original was obviously better, but I'm about the same age as the characters and it's fun to see their life problems at middle age in this series vs in early 30's in Sex In the City.