Sign in to follow this  
princess

2021 Met Gala

And the 2021 Met Gala Dress Code Is…

American Independence: It’s the dress code listed on the invitations for the 2021 Met gala, which will be hosted on September 13 by co-chairs Timothée Chalamet, Billie Eilish, Amanda Gorman, and Naomi Osaka and honorary chairs Tom Ford, Adam Mosseri, and Anna Wintour. This year’s Met Ball will be a smaller, more intimate celebration for the opening of the Costume Institute’s next exhibition, “In America: A Lexicon of Fashion.”

To back up: Both 2020 and 2021’s galas were postponed, of course, due to the pandemic. And while the 2020 exhibition did indeed open at the Met last year, there was no accompanying red carpet celebration. This year, however, the exhibition will have two acts: The first, called “In America,” will be a small show that takes place this September; part two, a continued look into the glories of our domestic fashion industry, will be unveiled in 2022—with a celebration slated for its storied date of the first Monday in May.

For a gala that’s known for its timely dress codes, “American Independence” feels particularly meaningful. After an isolating and challenging year, we are celebrating a newfound sense of freedom: to gather, to travel, and to get utterly dressed to the nines—or better yet, into the double digits. Though we’ve had our share of awards-show gowns through the pandemic, celebrities posing poolside at their homes don’t quite have the same effect as a proper red carpet. The operatic fashion parade on the steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art is a wondrous thing to behold.

https://www.vogue.com/article/2021-met-gala-dress-code

• Like 1

I've been enjoying the pics online. 

Met Gala 2021 red carpet: Standout outfits from Grimes, Rihanna, Lil Nas X and more

https://www.cnet.com/news/met-gala-2021-red-carpet-standout-outfits-from-grimes-rihanna-lil-nas-x-and-more/

The best Met Gala 2021 afterparty looks: Rihanna, Megan Fox and more

https://pagesix.com/2021/09/14/the-best-met-gala-2021-afterparty-looks/

• Like 1

Yeah, I've been slowly going through Vogue's photos - they have "all" looks. I've also enjoyed Lainey's coverage because she's been posting some of Keke Palmer's carpet interviews - I had wanted to watch online but the timing was bad, so.....I don't have a favorite yet but probably Naomi Osaka.

Seems like more people but thought into their themed looks this year.  Guess we are all tired of staying home and watching TV. :)

• Like 1